Funko Trading Cards

Here's a place to talk about Funko's clothing, books and bookmarks, homeware, electronics, and the like.
renardchua
Collector Of The Year
Collector Of The Year

Re: Funko Trading Cards

Postby renardchua » Thu May 05, 2022 8:33 am

nerdandcheese wrote:Bumping up an old thread

Did anyone pick up the Webbly card at the Aquasox game last week?

Am in the hunt for this as well! :D
Hi, I’m Renard. :freddy3:
Instagram: @renardchua

Nerdfulthingz

Postby Nerdfulthingz » Thu May 05, 2022 11:17 am

This is a fun idea!! As a collector, I think it's fun to have multiple themed items of the same character. While I do like the NFT idea, there is still something more fulfilling about having a tangible item vs. digital.
I just like smiling...smilings my favorite

PaleRiderOfDoom

Postby PaleRiderOfDoom » Fri May 06, 2022 1:35 pm

Nerdfulthingz wrote:This is a fun idea!! As a collector, I think it's fun to have multiple themed items of the same character. While I do like the NFT idea, there is still something more fulfilling about having a tangible item vs. digital.

Same. I think that if all NFTs had some sort of tangible component, I would be more apt to jump in. Course that goes against the idea of NFTs to begin with so...IDK.
ImageImageImageImage
Patrick from Central KY - Admin for The Kentucky Funko League of Awesomeness
Proto wants: Fallout keychains and Vynls, Dr. Doom (Pops or Minis)

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Sat May 07, 2022 4:06 am

OffTheCHENG wrote:Trading cards is a very popular and profitable market for them. They are already doing well with the NFT's, imagine limited edition and numbered cards. Definitely worth getting!

If funko did trading cards, it would be interesting to see how this collection would do in the market.
Collecting since 2014

AnimalX

Postby AnimalX » Sat May 07, 2022 10:41 pm

if they did do cards hopefully they would have some REDEMPTION cards for POPS or SODAS

mikechickenhead

Postby mikechickenhead » Sat May 07, 2022 11:12 pm

renardchua wrote:
nerdandcheese wrote:Bumping up an old thread

Did anyone pick up the Webbly card at the Aquasox game last week?

Am in the hunt for this as well! :D

Me too
HEY HO! FUNKO!

ImageImage Image Image
Fundays. 3 FDO. 3

Trendkill24hr

Postby Trendkill24hr » Mon May 09, 2022 1:06 am

nascar246788 wrote:
OffTheCHENG wrote:Trading cards is a very popular and profitable market for them. They are already doing well with the NFT's, imagine limited edition and numbered cards. Definitely worth getting!

If funko did trading cards, it would be interesting to see how this collection would do in the market.

They could even put QR codes on them and have them tied to a free NFT or something
"Being a geek means never having to play it cool about how much you like something" Simon Pegg

Call me C.J. :)
Events: Fundays 2022 & 2023, Fright Night 2022, FDO9
Collection: 372 pieces as of 03/25/24
ISO Proto: Paka Paka Dragon

digithor

Postby digithor » Mon May 09, 2022 1:52 am

Trendkill24hr wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:

They could even put QR codes on them and have them tied to a free NFT or something

Yeah, some sort of redeemable quality to them. Even just an nft card of what the physical one looks like.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Mon May 09, 2022 9:34 am

Nerdfulthingz wrote:This is a fun idea!! As a collector, I think it's fun to have multiple themed items of the same character. While I do like the NFT idea, there is still something more fulfilling about having a tangible item vs. digital.

personally i too enjoy both concepts. tangible items like cards are great to collect no doubt about it. what i do like about nfts is that i can carry them with me all the time. i've literally shown friends my funko nft collection while at dinner (when discussing nfts lol). the ability to have access to my collection and have it with me is something i really like. in the end, collect what you like - its a winning formula :)

Trendkill24hr

Postby Trendkill24hr » Mon May 09, 2022 9:39 am

digithor wrote:
Trendkill24hr wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:

Yeah, some sort of redeemable quality to them. Even just an nft card of what the physical one looks like.

They could make them lenticular and or foil them to make them special too
"Being a geek means never having to play it cool about how much you like something" Simon Pegg

Nerdfulthingz

Postby Nerdfulthingz » Mon May 09, 2022 10:29 am

Trendkill24hr wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:

YAAAS!! That would be great!!
I just like smiling...smilings my favorite

digithor

Postby digithor » Tue May 10, 2022 1:22 am

Trendkill24hr wrote:
digithor wrote:
Trendkill24hr wrote:

Oh, that's a pretty good idea to make them even more collectable.
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
ImageImageImageImage

NoOtherOptions

Postby NoOtherOptions » Tue May 10, 2022 9:44 am

Trendkill24hr wrote:
digithor wrote:
Trendkill24hr wrote:

The NFT thing is being done by Hro and DC and are pretty nice. Problem becomes the same as any cards though lately and it’s scalpers absolutely make it impossible to get. I’ve gotten like one HRO pack in store.

digithor

Postby digithor » Wed May 11, 2022 2:55 am

NoOtherOptions wrote:
Trendkill24hr wrote:
digithor wrote:

The NFT thing is being done by Hro and DC and are pretty nice. Problem becomes the same as any cards though lately and it’s scalpers absolutely make it impossible to get. I’ve gotten like one HRO pack in store.

Lots of that going around with the nfts.
ImageImageImageImage

NoOtherOptions

Postby NoOtherOptions » Wed May 11, 2022 9:56 am

digithor wrote:
NoOtherOptions wrote:
Trendkill24hr wrote:

Lots of that going around with the nfts.

Well specifically the HRO cards because the nft comes from the physical card. They just get super picked over.

Trendkill24hr

Postby Trendkill24hr » Wed May 11, 2022 10:41 am

NoOtherOptions wrote:
Trendkill24hr wrote:
digithor wrote:

hmmm I didn't know about them, I might have to keep my eye out for those

NoOtherOptions

Postby NoOtherOptions » Wed May 11, 2022 4:52 pm

Trendkill24hr wrote:
NoOtherOptions wrote:
Trendkill24hr wrote:

I think they’re pretty cool! Black and green package. Seen em mostly at Walmart near the sports cards.

Toronto

Postby Toronto » Wed May 11, 2022 5:51 pm

If the NFT thing was done via trading cards, I would be more willing to jump on board with it. Especially if sold via Funko Shop with some kind of verified membership check. Collectable cards with a story behind the creation of the mold is also something I'd buy into. Hell, give me trading cards as well.
ISO:Spidey/Pennywise/Mono Conans, Jubilee & Scott Pilgrim Protos [Scott Common/Dorbz]
Dream Pops:Toronto Raptors player Pops, Kimono jacket Daniel from Karate Kid 2.
Hopeful Next Funko Store Location?: The desperately needed Toronto, ON Canada #FunkoToronto
Recently Completed: Calendar Go Sailor Moon [Thanks RedRoo], Scott Pilgrim Proto - Ramona & Gideon, Mooby Protos - Both Yellow & White!

digithor

Postby digithor » Thu May 12, 2022 12:41 am

I'd look for those also, but I don't expect to see them pretty much at all up here.
ImageImageImageImage

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Thu May 12, 2022 10:15 am

Dbactor wrote:One of the first things i ever collected were X-men/marvel trading cards. They were my favorite, and got me into the whole scene. I think Funkofied versions of things they have a license for would be a great throwback.

What details on the backs would make them coolest to you? Artists behind the pop? Early concept art? Character bio?

What else would get you to collect them?

Funko trading cards are also known as NFT’s \:D/
Image Image
ImageImage

Trendkill24hr

Postby Trendkill24hr » Fri May 13, 2022 10:00 am

Toronto wrote:If the NFT thing was done via trading cards, I would be more willing to jump on board with it. Especially if sold via Funko Shop with some kind of verified membership check. Collectable cards with a story behind the creation of the mold is also something I'd buy into. Hell, give me trading cards as well.

I love the idea of having a story on the back of the card, could even be just information on that character and/or the pops statistics like production run and what not.

Trendkill24hr

Postby Trendkill24hr » Fri May 13, 2022 10:03 am

NoOtherOptions wrote:
Trendkill24hr wrote:
NoOtherOptions wrote:

I think they’re pretty cool! Black and green package. Seen em mostly at Walmart near the sports cards.

Thanks fore the heads up, ill have to look for them next time im in a Walmart

Trendkill24hr

Postby Trendkill24hr » Fri May 13, 2022 10:09 am

DrunkoPop wrote:
Dbactor wrote:One of the first things i ever collected were X-men/marvel trading cards. They were my favorite, and got me into the whole scene. I think Funkofied versions of things they have a license for would be a great throwback.

What details on the backs would make them coolest to you? Artists behind the pop? Early concept art? Character bio?

Technically physical trading cards with serial numbers would be TFTs, Tangible Fungible Token ;)

gokou105
Hall of Fame Class of 2022
Hall of Fame Class of 2022

Postby gokou105 » Fri May 13, 2022 12:16 pm

I thought Funko was going to release some trading cards.
Calvin

stl_ben

Postby stl_ben » Fri May 13, 2022 12:44 pm

Yes please to cards!
ImageImageImage

Toronto

Postby Toronto » Fri May 13, 2022 1:19 pm

Trendkill24hr wrote:Technically physical trading cards with serial numbers would be TFTs, Tangible Fungible Token ;)

They should abandon NFTs and do that instead.
ISO:Spidey/Pennywise/Mono Conans, Jubilee & Scott Pilgrim Protos [Scott Common/Dorbz]
Hopeful Next Funko Store Location?: The desperately needed Toronto, ON Canada #FunkoToronto
Recently Completed: Calendar Go Sailor Moon [Thanks RedRoo], Scott Pilgrim Proto - Ramona & Gideon, Mooby Protos - Both Yellow & White!

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Fri May 13, 2022 4:29 pm

Trendkill24hr wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:

Technically physical trading cards with serial numbers would be TFTs, Tangible Fungible Token ;)

I know I know. I’m just busting chops. I use to love collecting Marvel Comics trading cards.
Image Image
ImageImage

Lobstercrossing

Postby Lobstercrossing » Fri May 13, 2022 7:18 pm

Toronto wrote:If the NFT thing was done via trading cards, I would be more willing to jump on board with it. Especially if sold via Funko Shop with some kind of verified membership check. Collectable cards with a story behind the creation of the mold is also something I'd buy into. Hell, give me trading cards as well.

Would definitely be cool to see some sort of physical integration with trading cards, although I don't know if that would make it easier or harder to purchase lol
My real name is Noah, but you can call me... Noah.

Toronto

Postby Toronto » Sat May 14, 2022 12:31 am

Lobstercrossing wrote:

Would definitely be cool to see some sort of physical integration with trading cards, although I don't know if that would make it easier or harder to purchase lol

With their issues with people bypassing pages... would it be any worse?

Trendkill24hr

Postby Trendkill24hr » Mon May 16, 2022 10:22 am

DrunkoPop wrote:
Trendkill24hr wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:

I know I know. I’m just busting chops. I use to love collecting Marvel Comics trading cards.

I collected the Xmen ones myself, I might still have them actually :)

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Mon May 16, 2022 10:23 am

Trendkill24hr wrote:I collected the Xmen ones myself, I might still have them actually :)

Yes! I just found all my old X-Men cards the other day. I also had a bunch of Star Trek ones. The good ol' days.
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

Trendkill24hr

Postby Trendkill24hr » Mon May 16, 2022 10:38 am

CaseyJones14 wrote:
Trendkill24hr wrote:I collected the Xmen ones myself, I might still have them actually :)

Yes! I just found all my old X-Men cards the other day. I also had a bunch of Star Trek ones. The good ol' days.

I had them in a personal folder originally, now I think they are in a box with baseball cards now. I might have to look through that someday soon

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Tue May 17, 2022 7:31 am

Trendkill24hr wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
Trendkill24hr wrote:

I had the X-men series. It was by far the toughest to finish collecting. There were so many cards.
Image Image
ImageImage

Trendkill24hr

Postby Trendkill24hr » Wed May 18, 2022 10:17 am

DrunkoPop wrote:
Trendkill24hr wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:

I had the X-men series. It was by far the toughest to finish collecting. There were so many cards.

There sure was, I needed a couple of the 4-card per page binders for all of them!

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Wed May 18, 2022 5:08 pm

Trendkill24hr wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
Trendkill24hr wrote:

There sure was, I needed a couple of the 4-card per page binders for all of them!

I use to keep them in binders until someone told me that the pages can bend the cards and damage the corners.
Image Image
ImageImage

Lobstercrossing

Postby Lobstercrossing » Wed May 18, 2022 8:14 pm

Toronto wrote:
Lobstercrossing wrote:

With their issues with people bypassing pages... would it be any worse?

True. TBH, I'd prefer to stand in a physical line over all of this online botted nonsense. It's very discouraging.
My real name is Noah, but you can call me... Noah.

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Wed May 18, 2022 9:38 pm

DrunkoPop wrote:
Trendkill24hr wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:

I use to keep them in binders until someone told me that the pages can bend the cards and damage the corners.

That is a bummer, maybe they could do a stronger plastic? If Funko makes these I need the best of the best to store them and see them.
ISO Pockets Snapsie
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Wed May 18, 2022 10:10 pm

NCDS wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
Trendkill24hr wrote:

That is a bummer, maybe they could do a stronger plastic? If Funko makes these I need the best of the best to store them and see them.

You don’t a stronger plastic. Just keep them in a plastic stack case. Although I haven’t seen those in many years.
Image Image
ImageImage

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Wed May 18, 2022 10:27 pm

DrunkoPop wrote:
NCDS wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:

You don’t a stronger plastic. Just keep them in a plastic stack case. Although I haven’t seen those in many years.

Maybe Funko could bring their own version of a plastic stack case with the release of trading cards?
ISO Pockets Snapsie
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

o2thedbld5

Postby o2thedbld5 » Wed May 18, 2022 11:55 pm

If Funko did trading cards, I think it'd be cool to start off with their own characters. For example the Wetmore Monsters, and then they can expand into an unlimited amount of characters created by the Funko artists themselves. In the end maybe create limited edition pops to go along with the cards.
This be Aud, o2thedbld, odd!
Fav pop: Thumper :bunny:
ISO: The Jesus from The Big Lebowski, Audrey Hepburn Wacky Wobbler, Mars Attacks Martian

ImageImageImage

Return to “Other Funko Products”