Funko Trading Cards

Here's a place to talk about Funko's clothing, books and bookmarks, homeware, electronics, and the like.
DrunkoPop

Re: Funko Trading Cards

Postby DrunkoPop » Thu May 19, 2022 6:41 am

NCDS wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
NCDS wrote:
That is a bummer, maybe they could do a stronger plastic? If Funko makes these I need the best of the best to store them and see them.

You don’t a stronger plastic. Just keep them in a plastic stack case. Although I haven’t seen those in many years.

Maybe Funko could bring their own version of a plastic stack case with the release of trading cards?

I’m sure they will. Yes
Image Image
ImageImage

Trendkill24hr

Postby Trendkill24hr » Sat May 21, 2022 9:54 pm

o2thedbld5 wrote:If Funko did trading cards, I think it'd be cool to start off with their own characters. For example the Wetmore Monsters, and then they can expand into an unlimited amount of characters created by the Funko artists themselves. In the end maybe create limited edition pops to go along with the cards.

That would be cool to see, they did put cards into certain pops at one point. I think it was Entertainment Earth exclusives or something, I forget what the cards looked like. I would think if they partnered with Panini, we would see Funko cards made through them since they make some really nice ones
"Being a geek means never having to play it cool about how much you like something" Simon Pegg

Call me C.J. :)
Events: Fundays 2022 & 2023, Fright Night 2022, FDO9
Collection: 372 pieces as of 03/25/24
ISO Proto: Paka Paka Dragon

Trendkill24hr

Postby Trendkill24hr » Sat May 21, 2022 9:57 pm

DrunkoPop wrote:
Trendkill24hr wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
I had the X-men series. It was by far the toughest to finish collecting. There were so many cards.

There sure was, I needed a couple of the 4-card per page binders for all of them!

I use to keep them in binders until someone told me that the pages can bend the cards and damage the corners.

I realized that too after so long lol
"Being a geek means never having to play it cool about how much you like something" Simon Pegg

digithor

Postby digithor » Sat May 21, 2022 10:16 pm

Trendkill24hr wrote:
o2thedbld5 wrote:If Funko did trading cards, I think it'd be cool to start off with their own characters. For example the Wetmore Monsters, and then they can expand into an unlimited amount of characters created by the Funko artists themselves. In the end maybe create limited edition pops to go along with the cards.

That would be cool to see, they did put cards into certain pops at one point. I think it was Entertainment Earth exclusives or something, I forget what the cards looked like. I would think if they partnered with Panini, we would see Funko cards made through them since they make some really nice ones

I recall those, those didn't stay around for long.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Sun May 22, 2022 8:06 am

Trendkill24hr wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
Trendkill24hr wrote:
There sure was, I needed a couple of the 4-card per page binders for all of them!

I use to keep them in binders until someone told me that the pages can bend the cards and damage the corners.

Eh. It happens. What can you do. :razz:
Image Image
ImageImage

Trendkill24hr

Postby Trendkill24hr » Mon May 23, 2022 9:50 am

DrunkoPop wrote:
Trendkill24hr wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:

I wish I could go back in time and tell myself to take better care of my things. I could be pretty well off if that were the case, lol

Trendkill24hr

Postby Trendkill24hr » Mon May 23, 2022 9:58 am

digithor wrote:
Trendkill24hr wrote:

Yah, I think they only did like 2 sets like that, and that was it

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Mon May 23, 2022 5:53 pm

Trendkill24hr wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
Trendkill24hr wrote:

I wish I could go back in time and tell myself to take better care of my things. I could be pretty well off if that were the case, lol

That happens with me regarding action figures.
Image Image
ImageImage

Trendkill24hr

Postby Trendkill24hr » Mon May 23, 2022 7:04 pm

DrunkoPop wrote:
Trendkill24hr wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:

Oh them too…them too :/ lol

digithor

Postby digithor » Tue May 24, 2022 1:17 am

Trendkill24hr wrote:
digithor wrote:
Trendkill24hr wrote:

I looked it up, 3 I believe they did and all EE exclusives. Eternals, avengers, birds of prey. I couldn't remember those three, just the avengers mostly.
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
ImageImageImageImage

magicalme

Postby magicalme » Tue May 24, 2022 2:02 am

nascar246788 wrote:So I think trading cards would be awesome. I think since they have their own game division, they should do something similar to pokemon. Trading collectible cards that could also be part of a card game. I would love to see this a lot. It would take up less space that is for sure.

I think this would be amazing as well and would be a hit. And I’m all for taking up less space lol
http://www.instagram.com/magicalme359

GRAIL ISO:
OG Cereal Monsters

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Tue May 24, 2022 9:07 pm

Trendkill24hr wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
Trendkill24hr wrote:

Oh them too…them too :/ lol

I stopped collecting figures for that reason.
Image Image
ImageImage

Greymom

Postby Greymom » Wed May 25, 2022 1:57 am

I've always been a big fan of trading cards. Would love it if Funko did this!

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Wed May 25, 2022 2:06 am

magicalme wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:So I think trading cards would be awesome. I think since they have their own game division, they should do something similar to pokemon. Trading collectible cards that could also be part of a card game. I would love to see this a lot. It would take up less space that is for sure.

I think this would be amazing as well and would be a hit. And I’m all for taking up less space lol

It would take less space, but I am wondering how we could even display them.
Collecting since 2014

Trendkill24hr

Postby Trendkill24hr » Thu May 26, 2022 4:03 am

digithor wrote:
Trendkill24hr wrote:
digithor wrote:

I looked it up, 3 I believe they did and all EE exclusives. Eternals, avengers, birds of prey. I couldn't remember those three, just the avengers mostly.

Hmm interesting, I don’t know about the other 2. Eternals was rather recently too

digithor

Postby digithor » Fri May 27, 2022 1:53 am

Trendkill24hr wrote:
digithor wrote:
Trendkill24hr wrote:

Hmm interesting, I don’t know about the other 2. Eternals was rather recently too

I don't remember when they did those, even after I did look them up. I suppose that shows the interest though. :)
ImageImageImageImage

Trendkill24hr

Postby Trendkill24hr » Fri May 27, 2022 11:08 pm

digithor wrote:
Trendkill24hr wrote:
digithor wrote:

I don't remember when they did those, even after I did look them up. I suppose that shows the interest though. :)

I’d say so, I can’t even remember what any of the cards look like lol

sirwindu

Postby sirwindu » Sat May 28, 2022 9:59 pm

This is a great idea!!!

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Wed Jun 08, 2022 10:30 am

sirwindu wrote:

This is a great idea!!!

This is all fun & dandy but I want to see Hologram cards. Just like the marvel trading cards back in the 90’s
Image Image
ImageImage

Jdawgdaddy

Postby Jdawgdaddy » Tue Jun 14, 2022 12:36 pm

I think they have enough lines...lol besides the NFT's are their trading cards..

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Fri Jun 17, 2022 4:47 pm

Jdawgdaddy wrote:I think they have enough lines...lol besides the NFT's are their trading cards..

That is a great point. I guess NFTs are the new trading card. I am all for it. They don't take up space. As we all know space is a real struggle.
Collecting since 2014

Joker3346

Postby Joker3346 » Sat Apr 22, 2023 8:15 pm

Yeah I want some actual cards in hand from funko. I like the nfts and the redeems but it's not the same as having actual cards in hand.. be curious how'd they'd look.

mattytreks

Postby mattytreks » Tue Apr 25, 2023 12:43 pm

It's kind of a neat thing to think about...collectible cards.

Think back to the days when you bought Starting Lineup sports figures, and they came packaged with a corresponding card. The main draw was the figure, but the card was a nice accessory. I could see a scenario where a small subset of Pops come with a collectible card, as well, one day.

DougieFresh_83

Postby DougieFresh_83 » Sun Apr 30, 2023 5:15 pm

AnimalX wrote:if they did do cards hopefully they would have some REDEMPTION cards for POPS or SODAS

I believe Squishmallows has done this with their trading cards. This would be a great incentive!

DougieFresh_83

Postby DougieFresh_83 » Sun Apr 30, 2023 5:37 pm

I would absolutely LOVE for there to be physical trading cards. I think it would be an amazing opportunity for Funko's artists to unleash their talent and creativity. I'd want booster boxes, holo rares, chase cards, alternate arts, maybe even send in a few favorites to grade.

Like some people here have already said, there are already some Funko cards out there like Avengers Endgame, Eternals, and even some Genshin Impact promos from SDCC '22, but I love the idea of a whole Funko trading card set. And yeah, the NFTs are a thing, but it just doesn't feel the same.
Lemme tell ya, I would buy a few boxes just for the fun of it. :cheers:

mattytreks

Postby mattytreks » Sun Apr 30, 2023 9:03 pm

Trading cards are so ridicuously hot right now -- just ask Panini, Topps, and Fanatics.

If Funko wanted, I think there could be untapped demand for selling packs and boxes of Pop-related trading cards with rare parallels and their own unique spin on Superfractors/1of1's. Would love to see it and I'm here for it!

riddle360

Postby riddle360 » Sun Apr 30, 2023 10:47 pm

This could be a really fun idea especially if there was some rarity to certain cards like Pokemon etc.

Straight2VHS

Postby Straight2VHS » Mon May 01, 2023 10:26 pm

Can we at least get them packaged with a hard stick of chewing gum?

Azxc34

Postby Azxc34 » Tue May 02, 2023 4:57 pm

As someone who also collects sports cards I think this would be cool. Also, if what I read about Funko throwing away stagnant inventory was true. Wouldn’t it have been a cool idea to cut them and make Funko piece cards kind of like game used cards.

FunkoholicsAnonymous

Postby FunkoholicsAnonymous » Tue May 02, 2023 5:28 pm

Dbactor wrote:One of the first things i ever collected were X-men/marvel trading cards. They were my favorite, and got me into the whole scene. I think Funkofied versions of things they have a license for would be a great throwback.

What details on the backs would make them coolest to you? Artists behind the pop? Early concept art? Character bio?

What else would get you to collect them?

They could have the same info as regular comic cards or trading cards just use funko images instead. And maybe have some redeemables like NFTs but real cards lol.
:freddy2:
Hi, my name is Erl
TUFF crew
IG’s:
@funkoholics_anonymous
@operationpop (charity work)

SDCC Funko Pop Up Shop 2017
Funkon 2021
Fundays 2022
Fright Night 2022
Mask-O-Raid 2022
Fundays 2023

Ryko87

Postby Ryko87 » Fri May 05, 2023 10:22 pm

At sdcc 2022 Mindstyle was handing out funko cards of genshin impact. They looks cool, and if funko would do trading cards, they are a company that would make them successful, especially if the foils card are like the genshin impact. I would probably buy them.

Dbactor

Postby Dbactor » Mon May 08, 2023 8:39 pm

Operation Pop wrote:
Dbactor wrote:One of the first things i ever collected were X-men/marvel trading cards. They were my favorite, and got me into the whole scene. I think Funkofied versions of things they have a license for would be a great throwback.

What details on the backs would make them coolest to you? Artists behind the pop? Early concept art? Character bio?

They could have the same info as regular comic cards or trading cards just use funko images instead. And maybe have some redeemables like NFTs but real cards lol.

I mean, this is simple right?

FunkoholicsAnonymous

Postby FunkoholicsAnonymous » Mon May 08, 2023 9:20 pm

Dbactor wrote:
Operation Pop wrote:

I mean, this is simple right?

Yes! Now let’s hope they do it. They can even make different cards different LE’s so IG helps them sell more packs.
:freddy2:
Hi, my name is Erl
TUFF crew
IG’s:
@funkoholics_anonymous
@operationpop (charity work)

SDCC Funko Pop Up Shop 2017
Funkon 2021
Fundays 2022
Fright Night 2022
Mask-O-Raid 2022
Fundays 2023

partner-in-crime

Postby partner-in-crime » Tue May 09, 2023 12:38 am

mattytreks wrote:Trading cards are so ridicuously hot right now -- just ask Panini, Topps, and Fanatics.

If Funko wanted, I think there could be untapped demand for selling packs and boxes of Pop-related trading cards with rare parallels and their own unique spin on Superfractors/1of1's. Would love to see it and I'm here for it!

You are correct, trading cards are a hot commodity, now would be the time to pursue this.
Hello funatics, I'm Alana and I love collecting dragon pops.

FUNDAYS 2016, 2018, 2019, 2022
FDO LA 8
World Premiere Making Fun
FUNKO Hollywood Grand Opening
[color=#FF8000]Mask O Raid 2022[/color]

mattytreks

Postby mattytreks » Tue May 09, 2023 1:54 am

partner-in-crime wrote:
mattytreks wrote:Trading cards are so ridicuously hot right now -- just ask Panini, Topps, and Fanatics.

You are correct, trading cards are a hot commodity, now would be the time to pursue this.

Fingers are tightly crossed that they do, beginning at SDCC this year.

partner-in-crime

Postby partner-in-crime » Tue May 09, 2023 6:33 pm

mattytreks wrote:
partner-in-crime wrote:

They can put them in our BOF ;-)

FDO LA 8

mattytreks

Postby mattytreks » Tue May 09, 2023 7:10 pm

partner-in-crime wrote:
mattytreks wrote:
partner-in-crime wrote:

I would prefer a pack of physical trading cards over an NFT this year, for sure.

partner-in-crime

Postby partner-in-crime » Wed May 10, 2023 1:12 am

mattytreks wrote:
partner-in-crime wrote:
mattytreks wrote:Fingers are tightly crossed that they do, beginning at SDCC this year.

I would prefer a pack of physical trading cards over an NFT this year, for sure.

I agree, physical trading cards over NFT

FDO LA 8

MarcuSFunko

Postby MarcuSFunko » Wed Jun 07, 2023 5:43 pm

Didn’t Panini and Funko announce they were going to do something together?
NYCC 2022
Fright Nights 2022

nerdandcheese

Postby nerdandcheese » Wed Jun 07, 2023 7:19 pm

Even if it wasn’t a full set of cards, maybe Panini could do a Funko Pop style insert in one of their sets. Like instead of a Kaboom or Downtown case hit you could pull a Patrick Mahomes Pop card.
Larry
IG: nerdandcheese

Return to “Other Funko Products”