Annual subscriptions coming to an end

Get a subscription to happiness and talk all about it here. These are the ultimate Boxes of Fun.
Jortega321

Re: Collector Corps Ending

Postby Jortega321 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:22 am

:( I feel like Funko is trying to break up with me...
2013 NYCC
2014 1st Pop at NYCC
2014 NYCC
2015 NYCC
2016 NYCC
2017 NYCC
2018 NYCC
2018 1st Proto at NYCC Fugitive Party
2019 NY Toy Fair
2019 NYCC
2021 NYCC
2022 SMF1, SMF2 and SMF Soda
2022 NYCC
2022 Fright Night II

http://www.instagram.com/jersey_jorge

treswright

Re: Annual subscriptions coming to an end

Postby treswright » Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:30 am

Well that's disappointing. Funko promised to put all the subs on one web site so that we could more easily monitor payment methods, turning subs on and off, etc. That never happened, and now they are moving them to unknown retailers. And presumably they will not be subs at all now, but you are forced to buy them one at a time? I have a feeling I will be buying a LOT fewer boxes now. I'm guessing they're doing this because it got to be too much to try and manage all the subs, it probably took them a lot more resources (both in design and in distribution) than they anticipated. Oh well, I'll just take a wait-and-see attitude.

Mos_Eisley wrote:
lilsnoopy714 wrote:didnt the boxes come out cheaper by getting the year? such a bummer they did this wanted to get an annual sub for the disney box

Cost was exactly the same, you just paid it all upfront and got a bonus gift for it.

The Disney box was initially cheaper for the yearly sub and it seems like SB was too (I didn't do a yearly sub on the other 2 so not sure on those). I don't remember if it still was at renewal time though, that may have been a deal for the initial offering.
Howdy, I'm Tres :-)

FunkoFan86

Postby FunkoFan86 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:45 am

This is the first time I am really disappointed in Funko. The boxes were by far my favorite part of their company. It seems like they sold out to a retailer(s) contrat. But not everybody lives within driving distance to all the retailers. If numbers had gone down, I wish they would have slowed production rather than stopped. The boxes were still talked about and seemed popular. They might get more money from their retailers but less from their actual fans. So, so disappointed.

Jortega321

Postby Jortega321 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:54 am

:( I feel like Funko is trying to break up with me...
2013 NYCC
2014 1st Pop at NYCC
2014 NYCC
2015 NYCC
2016 NYCC
2017 NYCC
2018 NYCC
2018 1st Proto at NYCC Fugitive Party
2019 NY Toy Fair
2019 NYCC
2021 NYCC
2022 SMF1, SMF2 and SMF Soda
2022 NYCC
2022 Fright Night II

http://www.instagram.com/jersey_jorge

12amenn00d1e

Postby 12amenn00d1e » Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:55 am

FredKruger wrote:Lame, have subscribed since day 1. Oh well, it's $ saved and less business for funko. I can't see the retail ones offering shirts, probably more like Thor Ragnarock box coming to retailers. Should have just made them limited to avoid overstock.

Bad news today, but I'll get the last two boxes to finish the set.

Yeah, same here, day 1. I guess the boxes are too good of a price for it to continue forever. Yeah, hoping obtaining them in the future won't be hard.

Imagery
Hall of Fame Class of 2022

Postby Imagery » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:13 am

This makes me sad because a move to retail will likely mean an end to tees being included in the box. And it will definitely mean an end to having them shipped to my door since I'm assuming the boxes will go to US retailers. I can only hope they'll be made available online so I still have a chance of ordering the ones I want.
Funklub member 2016000004714 a.k.a. Sarah
ISO: Ursula, 1/24 Freddy Mad Hatter; NBC Zero Mopeez; Despicable Me 3 Target exclusive PSHs; Freddy Flux Winky and Smiley; HT & Walmart exclusive Disney Villains MMs
Funko events attended: 2016 Fright Night; 2017 & 2018 FDO — Canada; Funkon 2021; Fundays Teams 2017 — Justice League, 2018 — Goonies, 2019 — Loko Moko, 2021 — Proto Punks, 2022 — Pop Protectors

Valde
HOF 2022 & CotM
HOF 2022 & CotM

Postby Valde » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:15 am

Imagery wrote:This makes me sad because a move to retail will likely mean an end to tees being included in the box. And it will definitely mean an end to having them shipped to my door since I'm assuming the boxes will go to US retailers. I can only hope they'll be made available online so I still have a chance of ordering the ones I want.

If they are including finding the size will be a pain based on how hard it is finding certain exlcusives out there.
Grail: Super Freddy
Jason - va1de on Instagram
ImageImageImage

bizzydesigner

Postby bizzydesigner » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:16 am

Hate this so much. Like I need another thing to have to go out and fight the flippers for. I'd rather they just cut them off altogether rather than put them in a store.
Image Image

Hi, I'm Jason! I like glowy pops, Ad Icons, mystery minis and s-s-s-sodas!
Funklub #14244
Instragram: bizzydesigner
#TUFFLOVE

FOTW September 2022

Imagery

Postby Imagery » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:18 am

Valde wrote:
Imagery wrote:This makes me sad because a move to retail will likely mean an end to tees being included in the box. And it will definitely mean an end to having them shipped to my door since I'm assuming the boxes will go to US retailers. I can only hope they'll be made available online so I still have a chance of ordering the ones I want.

If they are including finding the size will be a pain based on how hard it is finding certain exlcusives out there.

Which is exactly the other problem if they do continue making the exclusive tees
Funklub member 2016000004714 a.k.a. Sarah
ISO: Ursula, 1/24 Freddy Mad Hatter; NBC Zero Mopeez; Despicable Me 3 Target exclusive PSHs; Freddy Flux Winky and Smiley; HT & Walmart exclusive Disney Villains MMs
Funko events attended: 2016 Fright Night; 2017 & 2018 FDO — Canada; Funkon 2021; Fundays Teams 2017 — Justice League, 2018 — Goonies, 2019 — Loko Moko, 2021 — Proto Punks, 2022 — Pop Protectors

StarWarsFunkoGirl

Postby StarWarsFunkoGirl » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:31 am

This makes me sad, just disappointed. But hopefully we can order them on-line, stores in my area seems to get exclusives a month or two later than the release date
https://i.imgur.com/F5eaJ4O.jpg

Started collecting: 2014 | Pop! Star Wars: 758 | Pop! Harry Potter/Fantastic Beast 180 | 290 random pops, minis & pins

mustangkelly17

Postby mustangkelly17 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:32 am

Valde wrote:

And if they do still include them, i can imagine they will only be the smaller sizes. So no more XXXL

SidekickKiddo

Postby SidekickKiddo » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:47 am

This is really sad. And they said they did this because they want to focus on other things? Well they still have to make them so i hope they still focus on good quality there lol

But damn, could it have been a warning sign when some of the box contents were seen on the hot topic website? Sighs....another thing to hunt for
My name's Cat (but i prefer dogs) and I'm a Kryptonian :-$

volsspongebob

Postby volsspongebob » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:48 am

bizzydesigner wrote:Hate this so much. Like I need another thing to have to go out and fight the flippers for. I'd rather they just cut them off altogether rather than put them in a store.

This. Convenience was great and on top of that my little one just loved waiting for the box to show up at the door. We always made it a family event to do a box reveal. Now we have to chase them in stores and get pushed aside by flippers. Very sad day.
Love to Collect the 80s stuff. Also chasing the OG Rocky Set. First Funko Purchase was 2012 SDCC.

MISSING FUNDAYS ON A DAILY BASIS!!

[size=85]Image

fakemccoy

Smuggler's Bounty Ending!

Postby fakemccoy » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:02 am

Got an email from Funko saying they're ending the Smuggler's Bounty service in September, and the subscription is ending now. All boxes between now and September will have to be ordered individually as they're announced, and it's not guaranteed everyone who orders them will get them (for month-to-month subs. Yearly subbers are still guaranteed their boxes).

This is a real bummer. Love my bi-monthly surprise showing up in the mail. The email seems to say the boxes will continue through a retail partner, but no real details on how that might work.

Does anyone know if they're ending all their sub boxes (Marvel, DC, etc.) or just Star Wars?

91shawny

Postby 91shawny » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:07 am

I just hope Target isn't the retailer. Please, my heart couldn't take it. Notice how the emails went out today at the same when Toy Fair reveals are going on. Well played... Funko...well played.
A funatic who is 1% more obsessed with anime than Funko.

| Pops: 1530 | Dorbz: 18 | IG: 91shawny

ImageImageImageImage

pinklaquer

Postby pinklaquer » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:10 am

treswright wrote:Well that's disappointing. Funko promised to put all the subs on one web site so that we could more easily monitor payment methods, turning subs on and off, etc. That never happened, and now they are moving them to unknown retailers. And presumably they will not be subs at all now, but you are forced to buy them one at a time? I have a feeling I will be buying a LOT fewer boxes now. I'm guessing they're doing this because it got to be too much to try and manage all the subs, it probably took them a lot more resources (both in design and in distribution) than they anticipated. Oh well, I'll just take a wait-and-see attitude.

Mos_Eisley wrote:
lilsnoopy714 wrote:didnt the boxes come out cheaper by getting the year? such a bummer they did this wanted to get an annual sub for the disney box

Cost was exactly the same, you just paid it all upfront and got a bonus gift for it.

The Disney box was initially cheaper for the yearly sub and it seems like SB was too (I didn't do a yearly sub on the other 2 so not sure on those). I don't remember if it still was at renewal time though, that may have been a deal for the initial offering.

My sentiments exactly. It's a little bit disappointing, but I hope subscriptions make a return in the future.

RoboFist

Postby RoboFist » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:12 am

91shawny wrote:I just hope Target isn't the retailer. Please, my heart couldn't take it. Notice how the emails went out today at the same when Toy Fair reveals are going on. Well played... Funko...well played.

I was just about to say this. It was a very "politician" move on their part...

I haven't subbed to these boxes in a long while simply due to finances, but reading through this thread, I can just tell how genuinely heartbroken and disappointed a lot of dedicated Funatics are. It really does make me wonder what Funko is doing lately ever since it's gone public :-({|=
Latest: "BAHNEY, MY PEBBLES!"
300th: Audrey II
200th: Rapunzel (Dancing)
100th: Hoverboard Marty McFly
1st: V for Vendetta
Funatic Since 2012

tholin

Re: Smuggler's Bounty Ending!

Postby tholin » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:15 am

That is a real bummer! Most probably they will sell them through Target, WM or some other retailer...

challwsu

Postby challwsu » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:16 am

Like everyone else I am totally let down by this decision. I really enjoyed finding my boxes in the mail and opening them with my kids. It was consistent and hassle free. This decision doesn't seem like one made for the fans.
ImageImage

Classier

Postby Classier » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:17 am

All of them are ending. Star Wars is the only one that will be getting more than one more box. Sad times.

edmomo

Postby edmomo » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:20 am

well good luck to anyone trying to flip these. I can picture them trying to fill a shopping cart with the huge boxes and then having to store them lol
Instagram: thepop_life

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

bigant212

Postby bigant212 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:23 am

this is definitely disappointing, i liked the ease of ordering once a year and having 6 boxes show up at my house every other month. Hopefully whoever the other retailer is taking over will keep it as simple. But i doubt it

BenLo

Postby BenLo » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:53 am

Jortega321 wrote::( I feel like Funko is trying to break up with me...

Yup, that's how I feel too!

BenLo

Postby BenLo » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:57 am

91shawny wrote:I just hope Target isn't the retailer. Please, my heart couldn't take it. Notice how the emails went out today at the same when Toy Fair reveals are going on. Well played... Funko...well played.

Distract and attack! Lol. Hopefully once said and done, this won't be as horrible as we think it is. :D

Showtime3

Postby Showtime3 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:00 am

kinda bummed about his. I wonder what made them do this. People were beginning to complain a lot though.
For the price most of the items were pretty good.
Image Image
Image Image

slimpicks

Postby slimpicks » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:04 am

that it would have lasted longer. cant believe ive subscribed to all three for its short time as a subscription pack. wonder which retail store will pick these up
Charles aka slimpicks
instagram: Funko_slimpicks
ImageImage
Funko Fundays - 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021, 2022, 2023
Funko Fright night - 2016
Funko HQ grand opening - 2017
Funko "Making Fun - The Story of Funko" - 2018
Funko HQ Hollywood - 2019
Funkon Hollywood 2021
FDO San Diego 2023

Kwik_One

Postby Kwik_One » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:06 am

Received my email this morning about my Disney Treasures box. Very sad. :(

xbox_jeff

Postby xbox_jeff » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:08 am

While I am a bit disappointed...Im a boss subscriber since day one and cherish each pop I got (not so much the wearable stuff, but, to each their own). That said, I have to think of why this is happening and I can only assume that the program isn't living up to sales expectations. Frankly, I think the world is saturated with too many sub boxes across all the various themes and companies. A successful program doesn't have so many past boxes to buy. Hell, I got burnt out on Loot Crate and just had to cancel as it just accumulated to an uncomfortable amount of clutter in my house. Just my opinion, but, if the program isn't working for Funko, maybe we should be happy they are finding some way to keep it going. Though, it is probably inevitable that it may not last long after transferring to retail.

Lvpopcollector

Postby Lvpopcollector » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:28 am

This makes me sad! I love getting my boxes and not having to fight off people or camp out in the stores. I had Disney, Marvel and Star Wars. Guess I’ll save some money going forward.
:SW9:
Heather
Collector in Las Vegas since 2015

bakivali

Postby bakivali » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:29 am

I hope wherever it's offered now will have an online option. I probably won't buy as many now that I'll have to work for it.

NCDS

Re: Legion of Collectors Ending

Postby NCDS » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:29 am

DefNotBlitz wrote:Image

Looks like it's all over for LoC. Funko will eternally owe me the anniversary gift which hasn't even been put on my account yet. Judging by how others are receiving the same Batman as the 1st year, maybe it's a good thing. Either way, I'm immensely disappointed in Funko.

I'm still waiting also. I was trying to decide if I cared enough to contact them.
ISO Pockets Snapsie
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

makehavoc

Postby makehavoc » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:30 am

This makes me sad =( Now i have to hope i find a box at target (thats a pain in the a**)

makehavoc

Postby makehavoc » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:32 am

:( ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

Dean1217

Postby Dean1217 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:32 am

First February isn't a Black Panther box and now they are discontinuing the subscription in favor of a retail model of boxes in the future, I'm pretty disappointed to say the least. I've always loved MCC and very rarely did I receive anything that I didn't enjoy. I'll have to make sure I get the last box for sure!
Collecting since 2014
Funatic of the Week November 2nd, 2018
Instagram: @JohnnyMeanDean

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:37 am

I am sorry, but this transition does more than p*** me off. It is frustrating. I asked for this Disney Treasures as a christmas present from my wife and mother. They both worked together and decided to split the cost of the box for the year. Now you are telling me, I might not get a chance at it because I have to go hunt this down in retail stores when I have a full time job. I hope it is at least available online to give me a chance, but I prioritized this ahead of other items for Christmas. I understand simplifying the management of the sub boxes, but wiping them out to make them available through retailers.

This sounds like a 100% money grab because someone offered some massive contract to get these I bet.
Last edited by nascar246788 on Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Collecting since 2014

badger

Postby badger » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:40 am

Super disappointed in funko right now.
Lewis, 18 years old from the UK!

TruthBeTrolled

Postby TruthBeTrolled » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:42 am

In not trying to bash Funko by saying this but I think this is a result of going public. If they go straight to retail they get their money up front for a huge amount of boxes. They don't have to worry about overstock because the stores already paid for their allotment and if their are any leftover funko has their hands clean. From a business point of view that's great. But for those who live out of the US and or in the middle of nowhere where Funko's usual retail partners are nowhere near, this will be a huge headache. Not to mention having to also fight flippers for these too.

I used to live in San Antonio. A huge city of flippers. While many retailers that carried funko exclusives were abound there were literally nothing left to buy if you didn't get up before stores opened or traveled almost an hour across town just to find out all exclusives were nabbed. For me these subscriptions were something I looked forward to and had my mind at ease about because I knew I would get one at my door without worry of flippers. I no longer live in San Antonio I moved in August to a small west Texas town. Pop hunting has been ground to a screeching halt because there are no stores that carry funko products near me. And these subs helped me get those.

This is a huge bummer. Buying exclusives that I wanted online was impossible even from multiple retailers. I can only imagine how this will be. Not to mention finding a box that has my shirt size. Oof
:freddy2:

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:45 am

TruthBeTrolled wrote:In not trying to bash Funko by saying this but I think this is a result of going public. If they go straight to retail they get their money up front for a huge amount of boxes. They don't have to worry about overstock because the stores already paid for their allotment and if their are any leftover funko has their hands clean. From a business point of view that's great. But for those who live out of the US and or in the middle of nowhere where Funko's usual retail partners are nowhere near, this will be a huge headache. Not to mention having to also fight flippers for these too.

I used to live in San Antonio. A huge city of flippers. While many retailers that carried funko exclusives were abound there were literally nothing left to buy if you didn't get up before stores opened or traveled almost an hour across town just to find out all exclusives were nabbed. For me these subscriptions were something I looked forward to and had my mind at ease about because I knew I would get one at my door without worry of flippers. I no longer live in San Antonio I moved in August to a small west Texas town. Pop hunting has been ground to a screeching halt because there are no stores that carry funko products near me. And these subs helped me get those.

This is a huge bummer. Buying exclusives that I wanted online was impossible even from multiple retailers. I can only imagine how this will be. Not to mention finding a box that has my shirt size. Oof

I couldn't agree more. I praise you for not trying to bash Funko. While I will still get pops and I like how Funko gives back, I will bash them on this one instance lolz. If you are going to make this announcement, then I think they should have made it before christmas. There are people out there that ask for a christmas gift that is a yearly subscription deal.
Collecting since 2014

Mario Wario

Postby Mario Wario » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:49 am

Hmmmm, not super pleased with this decision for MCC and for the others. It’s nice knowing you don’t have to fight others for that item. To be fair, I’m curious how this change will go and how limited, or rather how hard will it be to get the next boxes. If it’s easy and supply won’t be an issue, then I’ll be fine with the change. Not completely but enough. If it is a pain well...overall, to me, let’s see how this goes before making any final judgement.
:freddy1:

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:05 pm

Mario Wario wrote:Hmmmm, not super pleased with this decision for MCC and for the others. It’s nice knowing you don’t have to fight others for that item. To be fair, I’m curious how this change will go and how limited, or rather how hard will it be to get the next boxes. If it’s easy and supply won’t be an issue, then I’ll be fine with the change. Not completely but enough. If it is a pain well...overall, to me, let’s see how this goes before making any final judgement.

So I think it will be limited to what the retailer thinks will sell. Funko is now a publicly traded company. I imagine the retailer is as well. Neither wants to lose profit, so the retailer will get inventory of what know they can sell. They will probably go conservative so that their profit doesn't take a hit, so I think it will be an issue more often than not.
Collecting since 2014

Return to “Powered by Funko”