MCC December X-Men

Get a subscription to happiness and talk all about it here. These are the ultimate Boxes of Fun.
CptWhizbang

Re: MCC December X-Men

Postby CptWhizbang » Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:25 pm

ShockWaveZ55 wrote:It baffles me how people could be that disappointed with this box. I know it's a matter of opinion but the contents plus the value is an easy win for me. This box is in my top 3 favorite of all the subs but I really love the X-Men so it would be hard to disappoint me. Thank you funko for this Christmas present!

I know the overall $$ value is a big factor for people, but as someone disappointed in the entire box, the dollar value just can't compare to the hassle (in time and money) of having to sell stuff this big online. =/
Current POPs: 219
Current Pocket POPs: 20
Current Dorbz: 54

Marvel Dream POP List: Metallic BuckyCap w/gun POP, Classic Black Widow POP, Nomad (Steve Rogers) POP
Marvel Dream Dorbz List: CA:TFA Dorbz, Golden Age Bucky Dorbz, CA:CW Dorbz Ride with Steve, Sam, Bucky, and VW Bug

emcee

Postby emcee » Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:42 pm

It's about $55 canadian after you factor in shipping and conversion, which is not good value for me. I would have been more than happy to pay that for a new character. My excitement went from hero to zero for this box unfortunately.

Also, getting real sick of the grey tshirts.
Collecting since 2013 (Jon Snow)
POP! Count: Stopped counting

jkcohen626

Postby jkcohen626 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:26 pm

Question about the ride:

Spoiler: show
Could somebody tell me if it is a repaint and/or remold of Daryl's Chopper or if it is a new mold?
Image Image Image Image
First Funko Product: Captain Rex Wobbler
First POP: Deadpool

jkcohen626

Postby jkcohen626 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:30 pm

Pretty happy with this box. I would have preferred the Blackbird, but realistically thinking, I knew it would be too big and they would go with Wolverine's motorcycle. I absolutely love the rock candy and can't wait to receive mine! Also, I think I might be one of the few who really likes the T-shirt. I love the POP shirts, but sometimes I feel weird wearing something so cartoonish in public, so I love it when we get regular shirts.
Image Image Image Image

Jango_Fresh
HoF 2015 & RotY
HoF 2015 & RotY

Postby Jango_Fresh » Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:31 pm

jkcohen626 wrote:Question about the ride:

Could somebody tell me if it is a repaint and/or remold of Daryl's Chopper or if it is a new mold?

I think it's different, at least retooled. I don't think it's a straight repaint.
2012 Rookie of the Year

JohnnyPOP

Postby JohnnyPOP » Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:14 pm

I saw the spoiler video and I loved everything in it! :cheers: I'm very happy with it and can't wait to try and get it all later on.

skillawashere

Postby skillawashere » Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:23 pm

No Hats= win in my book
Priscilla: Therapist that spends too much money on Iron Man and other Marvel collectibles (including Funko)

HaloHawk87

Postby HaloHawk87 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:26 pm

I'm sooooo glad I didn't order this box. The Pop Ride was exactly what I didn't want, and exactly what I thought it would be.

I also knew we'd be getting a Mystique Rock Candy after seeing the teaser video featuring the box using her ability. I thought it would be something I would be very interested in buying on the secondary market, but it's not. I had never realized the Marvel Rock Candy line were bobbleheads. I actually prefer bobbleheads on Pops, but I feel they have no business being a feature of Rock Candies. It looks ridiculous. Now I know for sure I'll be skipping the Marvel line of Rock Candies moving forward. I'll stick with only buying fixed heads. I still only have the SDCC exclusive Harley Quinn, but I would be interested in more DC and Game of Thrones, which was recently announced.

I'm also not a fan of the t-shirt. I absolutely hate shirts that use a different color on the collar and end of the sleeves. I refuse to buy them or wear them.

jact

Postby jact » Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:05 am

Not a rock candy fan so if anyone wants it and is willing to pay for shipping costs, let me know and it's yours once I get mine.
Total pops: 42
Holy Grail: Dr. Doom

jinxykat

Postby jinxykat » Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:31 am

I saw the video and am pretty stoked to get this box.... I feel kinda bad, they get negativity when they make safe choices for the characters, but they also get it when they've used less obvious choices..... can't please everyone!
Kristen

treswright

Postby treswright » Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:51 am

Well I honestly didn't pay attention to that until you mentioned it, but that is pretty aggravating because...

It is the same mold but Wolverine's bike in the movie is completely different. This is what they changed:

Daryl's saddlebags and back seat have been removed and a sleeping bag added.

Flames added to tank.

That is more than a little sacriligious as Daryl's bike is a Triumph-based chopper and Wolverine's is a classic 63 Harley FLH panhead. Daryl's has a raked front end and hard-tail rear and this is accurately reflected in the Ride. Wolverine's does NOT, it has a stock FLH front end and shocks out back. Plus it doesn't even have flames on it like the Ride does. I'm not a hard core Marvel nut though, for those of you that are, was there perhaps a Wolverine comic that had a motorcycle more like this one?

I still dig the Ride on its own, but yeah it is not at all accurate.
Howdy, I'm Tres :-)

jkcohen626

Postby jkcohen626 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:55 am

treswright wrote:

Well I honestly didn't pay attention to that until you mentioned it, but that is pretty aggravating because...

It is the same mold but Wolverine's bike in the movie is completely different. This is what they changed:

Daryl's saddlebags and back seat have been removed and a sleeping bag added.

Flames added to tank.

That is more than a little sacriligious as Daryl's bike is a Triumph-based chopper and Wolverine's is a classic 63 Harley FLH panhead. Daryl's has a raked front end and hard-tail rear and this is accurately reflected in the Ride. Wolverine's does NOT, it has a stock FLH front end and shocks out back. Plus it doesn't even have flames on it like the Ride does. I'm not a hard core Marvel nut though, for those of you that are, was there perhaps a Wolverine comic that had a motorcycle more like this one?

I still dig the Ride on its own, but yeah it is not at all accurate.

The ride is based on the comic, not the movie, but it's still not accurate to the source material
Image Image Image Image

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:15 pm

To be honest, I can't be disappointed. As much as I WANTED the Blackbird I was never really EXPECTING it. My only true grievance is that I honestly hate Rock Candy. I haven't decided if I'm gonna keep it or not yet but it seems unlikely.
I'm Julian. HowardTheFunatic on IG!
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

swind15

Postby swind15 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:38 pm

Q: How do you ruin an X-Men themed subscription box?
A: Have Funko make it.
Pop!: Lost count
Mystery mini: Lost count
Soda: 146
Dorbz: 140
Pop Pez: 31
Hikari: 21
Vynl: 22
Retro Freddy Funko: 4
Action Figures: 2
Wacky Wobbler: 2
Reaction: 2
Fabrications: 1

Original Fun Klub member# 14057

treswright

Postby treswright » Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:25 pm

jkcohen626 wrote:The ride is based on the comic, not the movie, but it's still not accurate to the source material

I just Googled those issues and...

Good grief I saw a half dozen completely different styles and makes of motorcycles shown on Wolverine comic covers! So I guess anything goes if it's based on the comics.

jkcohen626

Postby jkcohen626 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:57 pm

treswright wrote:
jkcohen626 wrote:The ride is based on the comic, not the movie, but it's still not accurate to the source material

Good grief I saw a half dozen completely different styles and makes of motorcycles shown on Wolverine comic covers! So I guess anything goes if it's based on the comics.

Here is an image of an old Marvel Legends figure which I can only assume is the scource materiel for this ride: Image
after seeing that, I am a lkittle bit more happy with the mold they used, but I still think there is room for imrpovement.
Image Image Image Image

treswright

Postby treswright » Sat Dec 17, 2016 4:40 pm

jkcohen626 wrote:
treswright wrote:

Here is an image of an old Marvel Legends figure which I can only assume is the scource materiel for this ride: Image
after seeing that, I am a lkittle bit more happy with the mold they used, but I still think there is room for imrpovement.

I think you cracked the mystery!!

Now I see where the flames came from, and that one is a hard tail frame with a raked front end very similar to Daryl's chopper. About the only glaring difference is that one has a v-twin (Harley-type) motor instead of the inline Triumph twin on Daryl's Chopper, but that's really kind of splitting hairs, and excusable since they were reusing tooling to make it. Good find!

BillyLouis

Postby BillyLouis » Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:28 pm

I am not saying its necessarily a bad box, I just believe a POP! or Ride like that should be a regular release. To me, these boxes and others like it should be primarily used for lesser known popular/cult fan favorites, not arguably one of the most well-known characters in history.
"If I only had the strength to make some muffins, then I swear that I would share them with you now."

Looking for: POP!s: Parks and Rec series 1, can be loose. Nathan MacKinnon, Patrick Roy.

groundhog7s

Postby groundhog7s » Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:11 pm

I was so hoping for a Pop X-Men shirt in this and, although it's an okay shirt, I'm always confused by Funko shirts that have nothing to do with Funko products. I can get a random x-shirt (including this design probably) several other places if I want one. It never makes any sense to me. Even if it was a Mystery Mini or Rock Candy design I could be okay with it, but a Funko box should have Funko-themed stuff. Just my opinion.
www.8-BitHero.com
redesigning pop culture one pixel at a time

Flex Luthor

Postby Flex Luthor » Sun Dec 18, 2016 4:18 pm

BillyLouis wrote:I am not saying its necessarily a bad box, I just believe a POP! or Ride like that should be a regular release. To me, these boxes and others like it should be primarily used for lesser known popular/cult fan favorites, not arguably one of the most well-known characters in history.

I agree with you. Less popular characters like Jubilee, Banshee, Forge, etc. would have been a better choice for the box for those of us trying to build a Jim Lee era team. The one thing I really liked about this box was the shirt because it doesn't have a pop on it.
Hi! I'm Mark
Proto ISO - Anything X-Men, Funko HQ Hulk, Vegito, Jango Fett, Mando Jet Pack, My Hero Academia, Kakashi Lighting Blade

Jezter
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Jezter » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:39 am

I just hope I get the box this week, would be a nice little early Christmas present from Funko. :D
Hey I'm John! :joker:

Pops!- 750ish
Dorbz: 35
Mystery Minis: 33
Sodas: 7
Vinyl Idolz: 2
Hikari: 1
Mini-Hikari: 1
Instagram: courtjezter

This Is Where A Really Neat Signature Is Going To Go....Eventually...Maybe.

Zae05

Postby Zae05 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:57 am

Have these boxes started shipping out yet?
Hi, I'm Jose !
Instagram: Zaeo5

odnar

Postby odnar » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:11 pm

Zae05 wrote:Have these boxes started shipping out yet?

No shipping email for me yet...in October for the Dr. Strange box I received a "shipping soon" email on the 17th.

jkcohen626

Postby jkcohen626 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:46 pm

odnar wrote:

No shipping email for me yet...in October for the Dr. Strange box I received a "shipping soon" email on the 17th.

I haven't received an email, but when I went to my account, then to recent orders, then to x-men, I found my tracking info. In addition, it appears that people on Instagram have received their boxes.
Image Image Image Image

Zae05

Postby Zae05 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:49 pm

jkcohen626 wrote:
odnar wrote:

I haven't received an email, but when I went to my account, then to recent orders, then to x-men, I found my tracking info. In addition, it appears that people on Instagram have received their boxes.

Thanks for that info. I just checked my account and looks like I have tracking as well. Weird that I did not receive a shipping confirmation email.
Hi, I'm Jose !
Instagram: Zaeo5

odnar

Postby odnar » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:51 pm

Ah much thanks. I just checked my account and it says arrived at my PO early this morning.

funko_vinz

Postby funko_vinz » Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:23 pm

Thanks for the information. I was wondering this morning if the X-Men box was going to be shipped in December since we are halfway done with the month. I can't wait to see those figures in person!

IG: Funko_VinZ
ISO: Saint Seiya Protos
Recently acquired: Saint Seiya Pops :cheers:
2016 Fundays: Team Deadpool, 2017 Fundays: Team Hogwarts, 2018 Fundays: Team Goonies, 2019 Fundays: Team Loko Moko, 2021 Fundays: Team Funko Force

Kaljor

Postby Kaljor » Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:01 pm

If anyone does not want the Pop Ride, I will gladly take it off your hands.
My Name is Ernie

dad2my3

Postby dad2my3 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:46 pm

Thanks for pointing me to the site for shipping status. I never got an e-mail, but it looks like mine has been shipped. USPS is waiting to receive it. I really hope it gets her in time for Christmas. It's one of my son's gifts.

TheBoilerman

Postby TheBoilerman » Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:21 pm

Just got my shipping notice. Should have it by Thursday. Interestingly, this one is coming to me from Illinois rather than Texas as the other boxes have.
I bought a Mystery Mini and thought it was cool. Now I have shelves covered in Funko vinyl products. What Happened?

treswright

Postby treswright » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:05 pm

I never got a shipping notice either, but just checked the site and tracking shows estimated delivery as today. Seeing that it's 9pm I'm skeptical lol Hopefully tomorrow though!

donofoblivion

Postby donofoblivion » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:30 pm

Still going thru the comments. My box just arrived the other day. Was afraid to open it, so looked at You-tube Yoko & Cameron open theirs first (it's like cheating or peaking before daring to open mine). Have been down on a couple of previous boxes; kinda looks like the response for this one has been mixed. But I actually like this one. Like the T-shirt and love the Ride. I think this is one of the better T-shirt ideas they've come up with. Yes, this is a common character, but it's our first real Pop! Ride in a Collector Corps Box (I think). Thank God no hat or mug. Don't collect Rock Candy, but this one is ok. Overall, seems like a fun box to me.

funko_vinz

Postby funko_vinz » Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:40 am

Off question: Has anyone ever received a replacement Pop from Funko? I received my X-Men box, and the ride was damaged. I emailed them to see if I can get a replacement. Do I need to send back the damaged ride or can I toss it when I receive the replacement? Thanks!

IG: Funko_VinZ
ISO: Saint Seiya Protos
Recently acquired: Saint Seiya Pops :cheers:
2016 Fundays: Team Deadpool, 2017 Fundays: Team Hogwarts, 2018 Fundays: Team Goonies, 2019 Fundays: Team Loko Moko, 2021 Fundays: Team Funko Force

Jezter
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Jezter » Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:22 pm

I got my shipping notice, but I don't want to check tracking on the site because I want to be at least a little surprised. If it shows up by Saturday I'll considering it an early Christmas gift and be very happy! :D
Hey I'm John! :joker:

Pops!- 750ish
Dorbz: 35
Mystery Minis: 33
Sodas: 7
Vinyl Idolz: 2
Hikari: 1
Mini-Hikari: 1
Instagram: courtjezter

This Is Where A Really Neat Signature Is Going To Go....Eventually...Maybe.

treswright

Postby treswright » Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:42 pm

Got mine today, love it!! Since the bike is the same mold as Daryl's I had some fun with it and posted it on IG :-)

Jango_Fresh
HoF 2015 & RotY
HoF 2015 & RotY

Postby Jango_Fresh » Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:52 pm

Is there side by side pics of Daryl/Logan bikes? Not convinced it's same exact mold. I wanna say Daryl and side packs and no sleeping bag I think.
2012 Rookie of the Year

odnar

Postby odnar » Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:04 pm

That's a sweet pic Tres. Can't wait to pick up mine(hopefully today)! \:D/

donofoblivion

Postby donofoblivion » Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:28 pm

Fun pic, Tres. Thanks for posting it :)

JohnnyPOP

Postby JohnnyPOP » Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:00 pm

treswright wrote:Got mine today, love it!! Since the bike is the same mold as Daryl's I had some fun with it and posted it on IG :-)

That looks awesome! lol

treswright

Postby treswright » Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:34 pm

Thanks guys :-)

Jango_Fresh wrote:Is there side by side pics of Daryl/Logan bikes? Not convinced it's same exact mold. I wanna say Daryl and side packs and no sleeping bag I think.

I listed the differences earlier in this thread but it was in spoiler tags. It's the same mold, they just removed the saddlebags and backseat and added the sleeping bag and added the flames to the tank.

Return to “Powered by Funko”