MCC August - First Appearance Avengers

Get a subscription to happiness and talk all about it here. These are the ultimate Boxes of Fun.
Mr Yac

Re: MCC August - First Appearance Avengers

Postby Mr Yac » Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:59 pm

Davinci wrote:If the pop(s) isnt Thor, Loki, Ironman, Hulk, Antman/Giantman and Wasp, then the "First Appearance" name is really misleading.

well the box says "first appearance avengers" and not "founding avengers" so that gives them a little wiggle room I guess.

keyese

Postby keyese » Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:46 pm

Mr Yac wrote:
Davinci wrote:If the pop(s) isnt Thor, Loki, Ironman, Hulk, Antman/Giantman and Wasp, then the "First Appearance" name is really misleading.

well the box says "first appearance avengers" and not "founding avengers" so that gives them a little wiggle room I guess.

I noticed that too :( I just really hope they give some more characters some love instead of making yet another variant of the same few heroes.
AKA ElizabethKeyes on Twitch or keyese on Discord :freddy2:
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

Davinci

Postby Davinci » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:35 pm

Mr Yac wrote:

Hmmm did not think of it like that. You do have a point.

In all honesty, I'd hope for at least one of the following

Mk1
Hawkeye
Scarlet Witch
Wasp

Basically someone new lol.

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:02 pm

like I already said seeing a comic Hawkeye or Vision would be great. Hawkeye had one of the coolest damn outfits in comics and now he's a friggin guy with Sunglasses......damn you Hollywood!

Krazydave2000

Postby Krazydave2000 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:05 pm

OG Thor with helmet would be nice.. T shirt with all original avenger would also be cool
:freddy2:

Funko Patch & Pin Club Member
San Diego Chapter
Vest Up!!!!!!

donofoblivion

Postby donofoblivion » Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:14 pm

The 1st classic image that popped into my mind was "Behold, The Vision!". I'm not sure how they'd do that in Pop! form. Of course, there are so many great potential options that could be done with that box. Looking forward to seeing which one(s) we get :)

Rickakatuna

Postby Rickakatuna » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:49 am

I would like to see classic vision in this box.
Last edited by Rickakatuna on Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hi Im Ricky
Im into Anime, Marvel, Dc, Disney, Fantastik Plastik, Rick & Morty, Freddy funko and Ad Icons
Pops:700+
Dorbz:30+
Been collecting since 2014
ISO: Dragon Ball Protos and my hero academia

Rickakatuna

Postby Rickakatuna » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:52 am

I would like to see classic vision in this box or a 6in goliath pop
Hi Im Ricky
Im into Anime, Marvel, Dc, Disney, Fantastik Plastik, Rick & Morty, Freddy funko and Ad Icons
Pops:700+
Dorbz:30+
Been collecting since 2014
ISO: Dragon Ball Protos and my hero academia

TriFeckTa

Postby TriFeckTa » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:55 am

donofoblivion wrote:The 1st classic image that popped into my mind was "Behold, The Vision!". I'm not sure how they'd do that in Pop! form. Of course, there are so many great potential options that could be done with that box. Looking forward to seeing which one(s) we get :)

Speaking of Vision i'd love to see him sporting his comic book colors!
Hey there, I'm Michael and I am an Iron Man Junkie!
Iron Man POP! Collection (Production Pieces): COMPLETE
Iron Man Proto Count: 50
Iron Man Wacky Wobblers: IN PROGRESS

ISO: Gold Mark 2 Iron Man CHASE Wobbler, Gold Mark 1 Iron Man CHASE Wobbler, Gold and Silver 1/12 Freddy Stark Wobblers, and IRON MAN RELATED PROTOS

Check out my IG: @triifeckta
ImageImage

donofoblivion

Postby donofoblivion » Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:54 am

Rickakatuna wrote:I would like to see classic vision in this box or a 6in goliath pop

TriFeckTa wrote:Speaking of Vision i'd love to see him sporting his comic book colors!

Agree--these would be great!

Luckynala323

Postby Luckynala323 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:19 pm

Boba_Fetish wrote:Hmm... I'm curious as to what exactly this theme encompasses, because a lot of people seem to be asking for characters that are not part of the team's first appearance. Thor, Loki, Iron Man, Wasp and Ant-Man are the most likely candidates, and I'm hoping that we'll get more than one of them. I would love to get either both Thor and Loki, or Thor and Iron Man, with Wasp and Ant-Man included as mini pack-ins for the larger two Pops.

If the box includes more than just the first iteration of the team (in which case, I feel the box should have been called "Classic Avengers" instead), then I would love a Scarlet Witch to add to my Brotherhood of Evil Mutants (future box theme, please? I would love a classic Toad or Blob Pop!).

Edit: I just saw the official artwork for the announcement; I guess it's not just going to be the original team. Now all of the Fury comments make sense... though his inclusion doesn't really make sense to me.

Love that title for a future box: Brotherhood of Evil Mutants! That's fantastic - you should be naming the boxes lol!

cheekylyssa

Postby cheekylyssa » Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:30 pm

Hmm..when I saw "first appearance", I read it in a comic
book way (i.e. "First appearance of XX!!" Or "Introducing XX"), rather than it being technically the first batch of Avengers. I'd love to see classic Scarlet Witch if they're thinking that way. If not, well, I'd rather not see another Iron Man but would rather see some of the other characters get a little love. Either way, I'm more stoked for this than I was the Spider-Man box..

popfanboy
HOF 2022 & Spirit
HOF 2022 & Spirit

Postby popfanboy » Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:49 pm

paxderomano wrote:Oooh so many great possibilities! My guess would be that given the recent specialty series announcement that we may end up getting an Iron Man MK 1 Pop. Or at least one can dream!! Also, we've never had an original comic version of Thor. I would be cool with either. Or both. Though there is also plenty of room for Hawkeye, Vision, Scarlet Witch, etc. So many great options!!

My exact thoughts! As soon as I heard this box's theme my mind went straight to the MK 1 Iron Man suit because of the recently announced Dorbz. As soon as I saw the box set it made me want a comic Thor since we somehow don't have that yet. This box is one of my most anticipated MCC boxes.
Tanner
I'm an artist who dreams of working for Funko one day.
Check out some of my drawings!
Follow me on Instagram @popfanboy
ISO Any Bat Boy, Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, Gingy from Shrek, or Ghostbuster ghost protos!

StarWarner
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby StarWarner » Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:41 am

cheekylyssa wrote:Hmm..when I saw "first appearance", I read it in a comic
book way (i.e. "First appearance of XX!!" Or "Introducing XX"), rather than it being technically the first batch of Avengers. I'd love to see classic Scarlet Witch if they're thinking that way. If not, well, I'd rather not see another Iron Man but would rather see some of the other characters get a little love. Either way, I'm more stoked for this than I was the Spider-Man box..

I believe Scarlet Witch first appeared in X-Men but I would still love a Scarlet Witch Pop.

If we are taking first appearance as the first time a character appeared in a comic then I would love to see Rogue, Hell Cat, or Mantis. I'll take any Marvel comics ladies.
I'm Tiffany. Instagram & Twitter: @star_warner
ImageImage

ISO:
Queen in the North Pop proto
Sansa Stark Rock Candy proto
Maleficent Protos
Harley Rock Candy and PSH protos
Luna Lovegood Pop or Rock Candy protos

cheekylyssa

Postby cheekylyssa » Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:18 pm

StarWarner wrote:

I believe Scarlet Witch first appeared in X-Men but I would still love a Scarlet Witch Pop.

If we are taking first appearance as the first time a character appeared in a comic then I would love to see Rogue, Hell Cat, or Mantis. I'll take any Marvel comics ladies.

Ah, you are correct - it was X-Men. But I second the request for more Marvel comics ladies x 1,000! So many great characters I would love to see..

StarWarner
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby StarWarner » Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:51 pm

cheekylyssa wrote:
StarWarner wrote:

Ah, you are correct - it was X-Men. But I second the request for more Marvel comics ladies x 1,000! So many great characters I would love to see..

I 100% agree with you about the Marvel comics ladies. There are so many great characters to choose from.
I'm Tiffany. Instagram & Twitter: @star_warner
ImageImage

ISO:
Queen in the North Pop proto
Sansa Stark Rock Candy proto
Maleficent Protos
Harley Rock Candy and PSH protos
Luna Lovegood Pop or Rock Candy protos

dboneo

Postby dboneo » Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:50 pm

So when is last day to subscribe for August/Avengers box?

doao

Postby doao » Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:56 pm

Trailer for the box. Spoiler alert!

https://youtu.be/1f4TJuziXDI

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:23 pm

Okay that looks REALLY cool. I hope that's in the box but I also really hope there's a second pop.
I'm Julian. HowardTheFunatic on IG!
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

DefNotBlitz

Postby DefNotBlitz » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:51 pm

After seeing the trailer, this is the perfect opportunity for a double POP box. Personally, I don't think that POP alone could carry the box but we'll see what Funko does. It's definitely a good choice that they can now build on.
| POP!: 185 | Dorbz: 76 |
| Completed Mystery Mini Sets: Batman vs Superman, Arkham Games, Suicide Squad |

Menicus

Postby Menicus » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:52 pm

Based on the "art" I think "First Appearance" simply refers to how that character looked when they first appeared in the comics. Oddly enough, I'd love a Nick Fury but I'd totally be upset if they counted him as an Avenger. Shield? Yes. Howling Commando? Yes. Avenger? No. I don't have a Thor (Lady Thor doesn't count :P ) so I'd love him. Or an 6" Hulk to put up against the Hulkbuster. Or a comic accurate Hawkeye.
Edward

Instagram: @capmin

CptWhizbang

Postby CptWhizbang » Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:26 pm

There is one character that better have a figure of some sort - POP, Dorbz, PSH, hell even a Rock Candy - in this box or I'm done with MCC, and that would be the original Wasp, Janet Van Dyne. No other character deserves to be in this box more than Janet:

1. Founding Avenger? Check.
2. Gave the team their name? Check.
3. Long-time leader of the Avengers? Check.
4. Most important female Avenger? Check.
5. Will never receive a MCU POP because Wright and Feige believe female characters are interchangeable? Check.
Current POPs: 219
Current Pocket POPs: 20
Current Dorbz: 54

Marvel Dream POP List: Metallic BuckyCap w/gun POP, Classic Black Widow POP, Nomad (Steve Rogers) POP
Marvel Dream Dorbz List: CA:TFA Dorbz, Golden Age Bucky Dorbz, CA:CW Dorbz Ride with Steve, Sam, Bucky, and VW Bug

jkcohen626

Postby jkcohen626 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:48 pm

CptWhizbang wrote:There is one character that better have a figure of some sort - POP, Dorbz, PSH, hell even a Rock Candy - in this box or I'm done with MCC, and that would be the original Wasp, Janet Van Dyne. No other character deserves to be in this box more than Janet:

1. Founding Avenger? Check.
2. Gave the team their name? Check.
3. Long-time leader of the Avengers? Check.
4. Most important female Avenger? Check.
5. Will never receive a MCU POP because Wright and Feige believe female characters are interchangeable? Check.

I know you are very passionate about the character, but she is basically confirmed to have an MCU POP because Ant Man 2 is titled "Ant-Man and The Wasp" and no titular character has ever not received a POP.
Image Image Image Image
First Funko Product: Captain Rex Wobbler
First POP: Deadpool

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:26 pm

jkcohen626 wrote:
I know you are very passionate about the character, but she is basically confirmed to have an MCU POP because Ant Man 2 is titled "Ant-Man and The Wasp" and no titular character has ever not received a POP.

2 problems though

1: it's not Janet in the movie.
2: even if it was, movie versions suck.

HaloHawk87

Postby HaloHawk87 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:11 am

I love getting comic versions, but I almost always prefer getting a movie version. I think we will eventually get both a comic Wasp and a movie Wasp as Pops. I think it's unlikely a comic Wasp will be in this box, however, unless there is a 2nd Pop. The teaser pretty much guaranteed what the main Pop will be, IMO.

jmoney

Postby jmoney » Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:02 pm

Yeah it looks like the original Iron-man is coming. Maybe a pair of smaller figures like from the Spider-man box for Ant-man and Wasp. I definitely want a comic version of these characters. A classic Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch, or Vision would be great as well.

TriFeckTa

Postby TriFeckTa » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:46 am

I saw the trailer for the MCC box, all i gotta say is HELL YEAH! Don't wanna spoil it for anyone BUT if you any of you guys and gals come across the proto of the POP! from the MCC August Box. HIT ME UP!
Hey there, I'm Michael and I am an Iron Man Junkie!
Iron Man POP! Collection (Production Pieces): COMPLETE
Iron Man Proto Count: 50
Iron Man Wacky Wobblers: IN PROGRESS

ISO: Gold Mark 2 Iron Man CHASE Wobbler, Gold Mark 1 Iron Man CHASE Wobbler, Gold and Silver 1/12 Freddy Stark Wobblers, and IRON MAN RELATED PROTOS

Check out my IG: @triifeckta
ImageImage

Davinci

Postby Davinci » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:00 am

Just ordered the box - I've wanted to have a iron man suits collection but realized some of the suits are out of my budget. If we do get a Mk1, It will be nice next to my OG ironman.

CptWhizbang

Postby CptWhizbang » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:33 am

jkcohen626 wrote:I know you are very passionate about the character, but she is basically confirmed to have an MCU POP because Ant Man 2 is titled "Ant-Man and The Wasp" and no titular character has ever not received a POP.

Okay...so by that rational, we don't actually need a comic Thor because we already got a comic Thor in the Secret Wars box, right?
Current POPs: 219
Current Pocket POPs: 20
Current Dorbz: 54

Marvel Dream POP List: Metallic BuckyCap w/gun POP, Classic Black Widow POP, Nomad (Steve Rogers) POP
Marvel Dream Dorbz List: CA:TFA Dorbz, Golden Age Bucky Dorbz, CA:CW Dorbz Ride with Steve, Sam, Bucky, and VW Bug

Davinci

Postby Davinci » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:26 am

Imagine if we got a two pack mini Comic antman and wasp in their tiny form lmao.

Marvel_Mama

Postby Marvel_Mama » Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:42 am

ghostedaway wrote:So the teaser video says exclusive Pop!s....

Two perhaps?

oh I sure hope so. I am never disappointed with these boxes. So excited for this one.
Diedre Loves her Funko Family
marvel_mama444 on insta - formerly Divade23 Marvel_Mama

Jezter
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Jezter » Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:39 pm

Just re-upped for this one, although I didn't realize the money was going to come out right away, oops.
Thankfully I had enough in there, haha. Barely. lol
Hey I'm John! :joker:

Pops!- 750ish
Dorbz: 35
Mystery Minis: 33
Sodas: 7
Vinyl Idolz: 2
Hikari: 1
Mini-Hikari: 1
Instagram: courtjezter

This Is Where A Really Neat Signature Is Going To Go....Eventually...Maybe.

fieldsy32

Postby fieldsy32 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:44 pm

With the release of the mk1 specialty series dorbz, I really hope that we get the mk1 pop!
Eric, decently tall guy.

2017, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023 Fundays
Funko HQ Grand Opening
2015, 2017, 2018, 2023 FDO
2022 Fright Night

Jezter
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Jezter » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:18 am

fieldsy32 wrote:With the release of the mk1 specialty series dorbz, I really hope that we get the mk1 pop!

The main reason I re-upped my sub, reaaaallllly hoping the Pop is the Mark 1!!
Hey I'm John! :joker:

Pops!- 750ish
Dorbz: 35
Mystery Minis: 33
Sodas: 7
Vinyl Idolz: 2
Hikari: 1
Mini-Hikari: 1
Instagram: courtjezter

This Is Where A Really Neat Signature Is Going To Go....Eventually...Maybe.

fieldsy32

Postby fieldsy32 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:29 am

Jezter wrote:
fieldsy32 wrote:With the release of the mk1 specialty series dorbz, I really hope that we get the mk1 pop!

The main reason I re-upped my sub, reaaaallllly hoping the Pop is the Mark 1!!

Fingers crossed!!
Eric, decently tall guy.

2017, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023 Fundays
Funko HQ Grand Opening
2015, 2017, 2018, 2023 FDO
2022 Fright Night

Boba_Fetish

Postby Boba_Fetish » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:12 pm

There's a Classic Thor in the new Mystery Pocket Pops assortment, so I'm going to take that as a sign and guess that the full sized version will appear in this box.

[Edit] Nevermind. Upon a second glance, it's not exactly his classic look, but it does seem to be a comic book Thor, at least.

Saucepan

Postby Saucepan » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:07 pm

I doubt we'll get a Thor in this box since the next box will probably be Ragnarok. My guess for that box is movie Thor with helmet.

Indigorose

Postby Indigorose » Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:52 pm

I'm thinking of ordering this box in order to get a couple past boxes. I've always been a DC collector, but I'm branching out into Marvel. Can anyone tell me which past boxes are available? Thanks!
Pops: 40
Rock Candy: 12
Mystery Minis: 4

Rantt

Postby Rantt » Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:00 pm

Classic Hulk maybe???
:freddy2: Kent Chua

ISO: AstroBoy Protos, Maleficent Protos, Funko Freddy Protos.

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:18 pm

Rantt wrote:Classic Hulk maybe???

that really wouldn't look any different than the Hulks that already are out there though.

Return to “Powered by Funko”