DC SUB BOX ANNOUNCED - "Legion of Collectors"

Get a subscription to happiness and talk all about it here. These are the ultimate Boxes of Fun.
Ben

Re: DC SUB BOX ANNOUNCED - "Legion of Collectors"

Postby Ben » Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:07 am

nogard23 wrote:if i do the yearly is it 12 boxes or just 6( i know this question sounds dumb but i am really confused)

6 boxes. Box comes every 2 months.
Want: Blue Chrome Batman
Grail: Flashpoint Batman, Conan Batman

nogard23

Postby nogard23 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:30 am

Ben wrote:
nogard23 wrote:if i do the yearly is it 12 boxes or just 6( i know this question sounds dumb but i am really confused)

6 boxes. Box comes every 2 months.

hmmmm i have never done a sub box is it worth the 200 to do yearly or should i do monthly

squidward

Postby squidward » Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:35 am

I'm in for a Heroes/Founder subscription. Looking forward to the first box.
Member of TUFF. Attended: Fundays 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, Virtual 2021, 2022. HQ Grand Opening. Hollywood Grand Opening. Making Fun Premiere. Funkon 1 & 2. Fright Night 1. Multiple SDCC, NYCC, ECCC, Fugitive Parties. Lover of Funko Artist Sketches.

poppetmaster

Postby poppetmaster » Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:59 am

buf12sbr wrote:
poppetmaster wrote:I like the MCC BOX...it is sturdy, the POPs don't get damaged, it has flaps that go down the side of the box and then it closes shut on the outside. I HATE the way this DC BOX is...same exact setup as the mystery boxes at Gamestop. This kind of box can cause damage to the POP during shipping because the POP sits right against the box, the slightest damage to that DC box and the POP box is creased. But eh, what do I know.

It is a stock image box, i wouldn't go off of it since no one has received one and we haven't seen the inside of it yet

I am fully aware that nobody has received one yet...subscription just opened up. HOWEVER, I wouldn't doubt that it comes with that box. First off, look at the box design...it has Batman on it, and the debut box is......Batman. Look at Marvel Collector Corps and Smuggler's Bounty. They showed the box with the first POP before it was released....and guess what? The box was the exact box they showed in the preview. Pretty sure this is what the DC box is going to look like. If it's a box like MCC has, then I'll eat crow. Until then....

Ben

Postby Ben » Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:40 am

poppetmaster wrote:
buf12sbr wrote:
poppetmaster wrote:I like the MCC BOX...it is sturdy, the POPs don't get damaged, it has flaps that go down the side of the box and then it closes shut on the outside. I HATE the way this DC BOX is...same exact setup as the mystery boxes at Gamestop. This kind of box can cause damage to the POP during shipping because the POP sits right against the box, the slightest damage to that DC box and the POP box is creased. But eh, what do I know.

It is a stock image box, i wouldn't go off of it since no one has received one and we haven't seen the inside of it yet

I am fully aware that nobody has received one yet...subscription just opened up. HOWEVER, I wouldn't doubt that it comes with that box. First off, look at the box design...it has Batman on it, and the debut box is......Batman. Look at Marvel Collector Corps and Smuggler's Bounty. They showed the box with the first POP before it was released....and guess what? The box was the exact box they showed in the preview. Pretty sure this is what the DC box is going to look like. If it's a box like MCC has, then I'll eat crow. Until then....

That's likely the box unfortunately. No reason for them to picture and show a different one. Let's just hope it's double box because by the looks of it, that box may not survive the flight... #-o
Want: Blue Chrome Batman
Grail: Flashpoint Batman, Conan Batman

pop_jumper

Postby pop_jumper » Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:21 am

Ben wrote:
poppetmaster wrote:
buf12sbr wrote:

That's likely the box unfortunately. No reason for them to picture and show a different one. Let's just hope it's double box because by the looks of it, that box may not survive the flight... #-o

I'll be honest...
I'm subscribed to both MCC and SB and this entire argument seems pretty ridiculous from the perspective of someone who isn't bothered in this instance.
Name's Aaron.
Electronics.

TARGET

POP! : 460
First: Ash (Army of Darkness)
Latest: Violet (CHASE)
Fav POP! : Jay Garrick (signed by Teddy Sears!)/Flocked Crash Bandicoot
GRAIL(S): Qui-Gon Jinn (NYCC 2016)

Mystery Minis: ??

Follow @beachcitiesflash on Instagram!

We got no food, we got no jobs, OUR POPS HEADS ARE FALLING OFF!!

ryanc_

Postby ryanc_ » Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:43 am

does seem kind of strange they wouldn't just use the same exact box frame as the other subs

poppetmaster

Postby poppetmaster » Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:49 am

pop_jumper wrote:
Ben wrote:
poppetmaster wrote:
buf12sbr wrote:

I'll be honest...
I'm subscribed to both MCC and SB and this entire argument seems pretty ridiculous from the perspective of someone who isn't bothered in this instance.

I could care less what the box LOOKS like...I'm talking about the design of the box itself. How it folds...it is the same exact style of flimsy crap box that Gamestop mystery POPs were in. There WILL be damaged POPs during shipping, due to the fact that the lid of the box sits right on top of the POP box itself. Take Lootcrate boxes for example...I received a damaged Doc Brown because the box closes right on top of the POP, leaving no room in there. The shipping box gets damaged during shipping, the POP will ultimately be damaged as well. NOW, the MCC and SB boxes are a very good design. Thick, rigid boxes that fold in such a way that the POP won't be damaged during shipping. Sure, if the shipping box incurs ENOUGH damage, the POP will be damaged. But a small crease or dent won't affect it. This DC box is trouble...if it creases or dents, the POP does the same. I get it, not everyone cares about POP box condition and for those people, who cares what shipping box it is sent in. But I am probably one of the most anal people on this board when it comes to box condition...and I say this style box they are showing for DC is big trouble.

PopRedneck79

Postby PopRedneck79 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:19 am

Why why why no international shipping???????????
Ive been waiting for ages for this box but they have advised they don't have the rights.
So devistated right now.
Will probably go for $5000 on ebay now.
Hi All I'm Glenn,
FunKlub #14426
Total Pop! Count: 810
Collecting Since: Early 2013
First Pop! Homer Simpson
From Australia
:freddy3:

kevin87

Postby kevin87 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:37 am

that Batman is nice, for Batman lol I'm just hoping they stick to movies and comics like the Marvel one does... I like Arrow, Flash, and probably Legends of Tomorrow so I definitely don't have money for a sub box unless they are very clear there will be a Pop from those lines lol that's the only thing DC I collect.

Maclay

Postby Maclay » Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:46 am

Oh man I was really waiting for this box but then....
"WE HAVE THE RIGHTS TO OPERATE THIS SERVICE IN THE UNITED STATES & CANADA ONLY."

Whyyyy
Hi I'm Jenni!
Pop! count: 145
Mystery Minis: 11

"Time is what turns kittens into cats."

arisensun

Postby arisensun » Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:37 am

Gladly pay my Funko tax.

wakey

Postby wakey » Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:15 am

poppetmaster wrote:I could care less what the box LOOKS like...I'm talking about the design of the box itself. How it folds...it is the same exact style of flimsy crap box that Gamestop mystery POPs were in. There WILL be damaged POPs during shipping, due to the fact that the lid of the box sits right on top of the POP box itself. Take Lootcrate boxes for example...I received a damaged Doc Brown because the box closes right on top of the POP, leaving no room in there. The shipping box gets damaged during shipping, the POP will ultimately be damaged as well. NOW, the MCC and SB boxes are a very good design. Thick, rigid boxes that fold in such a way that the POP won't be damaged during shipping. Sure, if the shipping box incurs ENOUGH damage, the POP will be damaged. But a small crease or dent won't affect it. This DC box is trouble...if it creases or dents, the POP does the same. I get it, not everyone cares about POP box condition and for those people, who cares what shipping box it is sent in. But I am probably one of the most anal people on this board when it comes to box condition...and I say this style box they are showing for DC is big trouble.

It's highly unlikely they are using different box designs from the other two boxes. Most likely the image being used is a simple mock up item from before the box graphics were signed off and the box put into production. You aren't going to use more expensive boxes during the graphics sign off stage when a cheaper box will do. It may even not be an actual box that was produced, it could be a basic box with the images applied to the blank box in Photoshop to show what the design will look like.

Oh and BTW the saying is 'Couldn't care less' rather than could. I know it's a fairly common mistake especially in America but 'could care less' makes no sense as that implies you do care because you could actually care less than you currently do

BillyLouis

Postby BillyLouis » Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:16 am

I'll definitely get the first box, but after that much like the Marvel and "Star Wars" box I'll go theme to theme.
"If I only had the strength to make some muffins, then I swear that I would share them with you now."

Looking for: POP!s: Parks and Rec series 1, can be loose. Nathan MacKinnon, Patrick Roy.

Starsinureyes

Postby Starsinureyes » Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:46 am

Because I'm refusing to see BvS I'm not going to sub this first box but after this I may go all in for the year! I really hope they do more comic themes!!
Hi my name is Ash and yes I wanna be the very best, like no one ever was.

68 Pops! and counting.[/color]

Xx4ST2R0NoTxX

Postby Xx4ST2R0NoTxX » Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:59 am

Just when I though I couldn't get any more broke, Funko drops the Legion of Collectors on us! I am looking forward to what may come I the future box themes. I won't sugar coat it, it seems MCC had a better 1st box with the Hulkbuster, but who knows what else we may have coming our way? I'm excited! :D
Shoot for the Stars, Settle in the Clouds.
You can call me JB, it's all good, man.
Current Pop Count : 424
Most Recent : SW Rancor Set
Current ISO : Beetlejuice, Bloody Leatherface Chase and Gold Power Armor
Funklub Member #11972

RedPats

Postby RedPats » Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:27 am

God damn! Another subscription box and this has to be a must get for me. Deff can’t keep loot crate now with MCC, Star Wars, and now this. Can’t wait though. That Batman looks bad***.
Hello, my name is Cody
Funko Collecting since 3/29/15
Instagram - funko.stoner
ImageImage

leosalion

Postby leosalion » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:06 am

Really excited for this, batman looks so awesome

Kaljor

Postby Kaljor » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:24 am

wakey wrote:Oh and BTW the saying is 'Couldn't care less' rather than could. I know it's a fairly common mistake especially in America but 'could care less' makes no sense as that implies you do care because you could actually care less than you currently do

This was awesome. :D
My Name is Ernie

specialed

Postby specialed » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:30 am

Man I can't wait for this
ImageImage

Fawk

Postby Fawk » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:43 am

Kaljor wrote:
wakey wrote:Oh and BTW the saying is 'Couldn't care less' rather than could. I know it's a fairly common mistake especially in America but 'could care less' makes no sense as that implies you do care because you could actually care less than you currently do

You know what's really weird is even in movies and shows this phrase is butchered on a regular basis. I would say more often than not folks misstate it.

Themadpatter

Postby Themadpatter » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:49 am

No international shipping for the box

A bummer, but why can't they still release the pop separately??
Like Popcultcha and FP get exclusive Pops.

If they're worried about them being sold to America and thus not selling boxes, just ask the stores to not sell them there
Main Line Wants: Always Sunny, Archer, Community
Main character wants: Rosita (TWD), Daario (GoT)
ISO: Enchantress in the UK

zenith10

Postby zenith10 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:53 am

poppetmaster wrote:I could care less what the box LOOKS like...I'm talking about the design of the box itself. How it folds...it is the same exact style of flimsy crap box that Gamestop mystery POPs were in. There WILL be damaged POPs during shipping, due to the fact that the lid of the box sits right on top of the POP box itself. Take Lootcrate boxes for example...I received a damaged Doc Brown because the box closes right on top of the POP, leaving no room in there. The shipping box gets damaged during shipping, the POP will ultimately be damaged as well. NOW, the MCC and SB boxes are a very good design. Thick, rigid boxes that fold in such a way that the POP won't be damaged during shipping. Sure, if the shipping box incurs ENOUGH damage, the POP will be damaged. But a small crease or dent won't affect it. This DC box is trouble...if it creases or dents, the POP does the same. I get it, not everyone cares about POP box condition and for those people, who cares what shipping box it is sent in. But I am probably one of the most anal people on this board when it comes to box condition...and I say this style box they are showing for DC is big trouble.

I find it incredulous that after Funko has used the same box design for every MCC and SB box so far, someone would convince himself that they're using a different design for a subscription box of the same format, based on a mockup.

Pryde72

Postby Pryde72 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:49 am

And my collection will grow once more *said in Evil Overlord voice*

Oh crap, my wife will kill me......again
I used to be a werewolf, but I’m alright nooooooooooow :cat:

RHYDA32

Postby RHYDA32 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:54 am

HOLY WOW! legion of collectors! been waiting to hear more news about this, however i'll be skipping this first box… i have enough batmans already.

grandpa_stern

Postby grandpa_stern » Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:10 pm

The real question is can I juggle both this and MCC. It's tax season right?
I'm Josh

HobieWanKenobi
Hall of Fame Class of 2017
Hall of Fame Class of 2017

Postby HobieWanKenobi » Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:16 pm

Can we hold the complaints and arguments about the box until something bad actually happens? :D

Drush1989

Postby Drush1989 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:31 pm

I'm excited for this. I would love if this box has two Pops lIke the Star Wars box. The other could be Superman with red eyes.

MyLittleFunkos
HoF 2016 & CotY
HoF 2016 & CotY

Postby MyLittleFunkos » Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:35 pm

Yes, please! I hate surprises, so I'm excited to know that the first box will have a figure I know I want. Can't wait to see what other goodies are inside.
I'm Abe

will_ben12

Postby will_ben12 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:42 pm

=D> I'm in! If I could buy-in for more than a year, I would! Yes! \:D/

Jango_Fresh
HoF 2015 & RotY
HoF 2015 & RotY

Postby Jango_Fresh » Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:43 pm

HobieWanKenobi wrote:Can we hold the complaints and arguments about the box until something bad actually happens? :D

lol

I just don't see how people are mad at Funko for not shipping, not every exclusive will be available worldwide. Try to network with other funatics if you want a box.
2012 Rookie of the Year

Kaljor

Postby Kaljor » Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:48 pm

Drush1989 wrote:I'm excited for this. I would love if this box has two Pops lIke the Star Wars box. The other could be Superman with red eyes.

I love Superman, but receiving a Superman with a simple paint job like red eyes, which even I can do, just won't cut it.
My Name is Ernie

0ShadowStories

Postby 0ShadowStories » Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:58 pm

Other vinyl is prob Knightmare Batman Dorbz

haydenstorm
Hall of Fame Class of 2021
Hall of Fame Class of 2021

Postby haydenstorm » Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:41 pm

Credit card issues resolved at Legion of Collectors. I want to give a shout out to Jenny for providing great customer service. If anyone reading this works with her, I think she deserves to be recognized.
John
Proud host of F.D.O. 6 ,and F.D.O. 7, F.D.O.8

stephencool2

Postby stephencool2 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:44 pm

I'll be subscribing, and probably for the year like I did with MCC and Smugglers. Can't wait for the first box...and the inevitable Joker box.

Riniculous

Postby Riniculous » Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:00 pm

ZeoVGM wrote:
grandpa_stern wrote:So is the Hero Program the new founder subscription? It makes it sounds like Founders was available but already filled up or something.

Valde wrote:
grandpa_stern wrote:So is the Hero Program the new founder subscription? It makes it sounds like Founders was available but already filled up or something.

Hero is 6 boxes + free gift, I assume they changed the name to sound unique.

No, the Founder membership was only ever offered for MCC and only for subscribers before the first box. It's supposed to give those members a special yearly gift.

The Hero membership is the yearly option that replaced the Founder option. It will come with a different (and I assume "not as cool") yearly gift. Both the DC box and the Star Wars box skipped over any sort of "founder" program and went directly to the normal yearly option. (Though it's called the Smuggler membership for Star Wars, rather than Hero.)

Actually, the Star Wars box did offer a 'Founder' type of membership, and I HOPE DC will change their current yearly membership to something other than "Hero Membership" after March 1, 2016 (once sales of the first box is closed). But I'm not going to hold my breath :)

To be clear:

Marvel Collector Corps:
Founder Program = Only available if you signed up for 1 year, before the release of the first box ('special' gift on anniversary).
Hero Program = 1 year membership/6 boxes (ordered after the 1st box was released - gift on anniversary).
Collector Program = month to month subscription (no gift).

Smuggler's Bounty:
Boss Membership = Only available if you signed up for 1 year, before the release of the first box ('special' gift on anniversary).
Smuggler Membership = 1 year membership/6 boxes (ordered after the 1st box was released - gift on anniversary).
Pirate Membership = month to month subscription (no gift).

Legion of Collectors:
Hero Membership = 1 year membership/6 boxes (gift on anniversary).
Sidekick Membership = month to month subscription (no gift).
Image Image Image

Rex Mason

Postby Rex Mason » Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:28 pm

Was the Marvel gift that Captain America Oscar-like statue? Am I remembering that right?

stephencool2

Postby stephencool2 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:37 pm

Rex Mason wrote:Was the Marvel gift that Captain America Oscar-like statue? Am I remembering that right?

I think people said that it was just a filler image, and that the actual item wont be the oscar-like statue.

kevin87

Postby kevin87 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:56 pm

Fawk wrote:
Kaljor wrote:

You know what's really weird is even in movies and shows this phrase is butchered on a regular basis. I would say more often than not folks misstate it.

like how people feel sick and will say they feel nauseous, but they mean nauseated... nauseous would mean you're making other people sick. This has been used wrong for so long that now it's accepted.

Drush1989

Postby Drush1989 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:27 pm

Kaljor wrote:
Drush1989 wrote:I'm excited for this. I would love if this box has two Pops lIke the Star Wars box. The other could be Superman with red eyes.

I love Superman, but receiving a Superman with a simple paint job like red eyes, which even I can do, just won't cut it.

Just thinking of ideas. I don't customize so I thought it'd be cool. Maybe one day I'll be as good as you though

Return to “Powered by Funko”