Marvel Collector's Corp Volume 2021: Issue 1: Lucha Libre Edition

Get a subscription to happiness and talk all about it here. These are the ultimate Boxes of Fun.
Hgmaddhatter

Re: Marvel Collector's Corp Volume 2021: Issue 1: Lucha Libre Edition

Postby Hgmaddhatter » Thu Dec 31, 2020 2:18 pm

Katers wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:
Katers wrote:
Oh, I absolutely love the multi pops that come in our boxes! I would've been over the moon if they'd given me an exclusive Endgame mini, but alas, it was not meant to be. I'm sure it's more work on their part to do cool stuff like that, but it also seems like it fits really well with the whole exclusive content we are promised! Maybe they're playing it safe and only giving us pops figuring we came to the MCC boxes for the pops, but I certainly branch out into the other lines often enough that a surprise like that would be welcome! I very rarely venture out of the MCC boxes though, so I know I miss out on fun stuff in the other lines.

I used to do all the sub boxes and I always love the little throw ins. I know some people don't care about them but I think it adds a lot of value. I also think that now it's a deal with Amazon they probably have some creative control so that could be part of it..... but hey as long as we get some great pops I can't complain either lol

I may be totally wrong, but it seemed like the Disney boxes were getting some really cool minis for awhile! I managed to snag myself a hatbox ghost mini at one point, and he makes me smile every time I see him! Though the last Disney box from Amazon didn't have a mini in it - and of course, that's one I bought! lol

The fun little surprises can totally make or break a box for me, since the pops aren't always a complete surprise. Though truth be told, I don't need anymore stickers! lol

Oh I have a little shelf with all my disney sub box minis they are adorable. I still need the mickey because I got Minnie in the one you could get either but other than that I have them all.
Image Image ImageImage

Katers

Postby Katers » Sat Jan 02, 2021 2:48 am

Hgmaddhatter wrote:
Katers wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:Yeah they do have higher count sodas, I think 20k has been the highest so its not impossible. But I don't think they have ever done chases in sub boxes and all sodas have chases right?

I think they do? I'm not a soda completionist, so I'm not necessarily the right person to ask. But the Black Panther wobbler had a chase version, so they've certainly shipped out things with chase potential before! Don't see why this would have to be any different? Of course, my luck being what it is, I would NOT score the chase! ](*,) lol

You're right I think the wobbler was gitd chase..... well ibguess it's not out of the running then. I'm not a completions either but I know a couple and they would grumble for sure lol

I well remember that chase wobbler, since that's not the one I got! ](*,)

Oh, it would absolutely drive some people nuts - good thing that's not us, right? lol So if we got a soda with this box, who would be likely? We need someone cool, but not cool enough to enrage anyone that doesn't get the box!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Sat Jan 02, 2021 2:51 am

Hgmaddhatter wrote:
Katers wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:I used to do all the sub boxes and I always love the little throw ins. I know some people don't care about them but I think it adds a lot of value. I also think that now it's a deal with Amazon they probably have some creative control so that could be part of it..... but hey as long as we get some great pops I can't complain either lol

I may be totally wrong, but it seemed like the Disney boxes were getting some really cool minis for awhile! I managed to snag myself a hatbox ghost mini at one point, and he makes me smile every time I see him! Though the last Disney box from Amazon didn't have a mini in it - and of course, that's one I bought! lol

The fun little surprises can totally make or break a box for me, since the pops aren't always a complete surprise. Though truth be told, I don't need anymore stickers! lol

Oh I have a little shelf with all my disney sub box minis they are adorable. I still need the mickey because I got Minnie in the one you could get either but other than that I have them all.

I had to deal with that for the Harry Potter GS box a few years back. I ordered 2, and of course got the same mini in both boxes. Luckily my GS was cool and let me swap out the mini with an unsold box on their shelves. And I got my first wild Chase with that box, so it was pretty much my favorite thing for quite awhile!

That being said, it would be super frustrating to have that in one of these boxes, so I'll be hoping we stay away from 1/2 minis! \:D/
Image ImageImage Image

Hgmaddhatter

Postby Hgmaddhatter » Sat Jan 02, 2021 3:17 pm

Katers wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:
Katers wrote:
I think they do? I'm not a soda completionist, so I'm not necessarily the right person to ask. But the Black Panther wobbler had a chase version, so they've certainly shipped out things with chase potential before! Don't see why this would have to be any different? Of course, my luck being what it is, I would NOT score the chase! ](*,) lol

You're right I think the wobbler was gitd chase..... well ibguess it's not out of the running then. I'm not a completions either but I know a couple and they would grumble for sure lol

Oh, it would absolutely drive some people nuts - good thing that's not us, right? lol So if we got a soda with this box, who would be likely? We need someone cool, but not cool enough to enrage anyone that doesn't get the box!

Oh that's a tough one..... I guess we have to determine tge least popular mcu character that still deserves a soda lol
Image Image ImageImage

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:32 am

Hgmaddhatter wrote:
Katers wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:You're right I think the wobbler was gitd chase..... well ibguess it's not out of the running then. I'm not a completions either but I know a couple and they would grumble for sure lol

Oh that's a tough one..... I guess we have to determine tge least popular mcu character that still deserves a soda lol

Or the most popular? Look how everyone freaked out when they did Endgame Cap? lol

And with that as our history guide here, I vote for Cap!
Image ImageImage Image

Hgmaddhatter

Postby Hgmaddhatter » Tue Jan 05, 2021 12:02 am

Katers wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:
Katers wrote:

Or the most popular? Look how everyone freaked out when they did Endgame Cap? lol

He is one of my fave avengers so I'm cool with it! I do kind-of like odd and obscure characters. Squirrel girl is still one of my fave pops.
Image Image ImageImage

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:13 am

Hgmaddhatter wrote:
Katers wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:Oh that's a tough one..... I guess we have to determine tge least popular mcu character that still deserves a soda lol

He is one of my fave avengers so I'm cool with it! I do kind-of like odd and obscure characters. Squirrel girl is still one of my fave pops.

I'm actually wondering how likely this is, since he hasn't already been announced? I'd also accept a Winter Soldier soda in this line, but mostly I look forward to seeing what's coming our way!
Image ImageImage Image

Hgmaddhatter

Postby Hgmaddhatter » Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:15 am

Katers wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:
Katers wrote:

I'm actually wondering how likely this is, since he hasn't already been announced? I'd also accept a Winter Soldier soda in this line, but mostly I look forward to seeing what's coming our way!

Seems like they are going to release sodas in series, I wonder if they will do another fun TV in lieu of NY Toy Fair. They have announced at least the last 2 soda lines that way.
Image Image ImageImage

jesusunzueta89

Postby jesusunzueta89 » Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:42 pm

As part of my new years resolution I am deciding to be more active in the forum so I had made the choice to post daily during 2021 :freddy2: :freddy2: :freddy2: :freddy2:
:fdo91:

Road to 1000 Marvel POP's

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:46 pm

Hgmaddhatter wrote:
Katers wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:He is one of my fave avengers so I'm cool with it! I do kind-of like odd and obscure characters. Squirrel girl is still one of my fave pops.

Seems like they are going to release sodas in series, I wonder if they will do another fun TV in lieu of NY Toy Fair. They have announced at least the last 2 soda lines that way.

I really enjoy the FunTv announcements, hope we have another one coming in soon! They seemed like they were on a pretty regular schedule lately. We've got plenty of time for there to be a soda announcement for this box, even though I feel like a soda in this box is really unlikely. Doesn't stop me hoping though!
Image ImageImage Image

muscleheadfunkopop

Postby muscleheadfunkopop » Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:44 am

Hopefully this box comes with a soda!!! [-o< :bow: [-o< :bow: [-o< :bow:
Funko Funatic Shoutouts! #9
Fundays 2014◇2015◇2016◇2017◇2018◇2019◇2021V◇2022◇2023
FDO6 SF◇FDO7 Sackanda & LA◇FDO8 SF◇FDO9 Sackanda
Fright Night◇HQ Grand Opening◇Making Fun Movie Premiere◇FunKon Hollywood◇Fright Night II

Instagram: @muscleheadfunkopop #SODAWasted
Facebook: Iz Salazar

Mr_Conejo

Postby Mr_Conejo » Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:49 am

So no spoilers? Lol, I want to see them then decide if I want to spend money.
This is the beginning to a beautiful community friendship.
Hello my name is Juan
Fun Klub member #14088

SDCC 15,16,17,18,19,22,23
Fundays 15,16,17,18,19,22,23

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:16 am

Mr_Conejo wrote:So no spoilers? Lol, I want to see them then decide if I want to spend money.

Yeah I was interested to see the contents just to see if I could be swayed into not skipping it.
I'm Julian. HowardTheFunatic on IG!
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

buried_by_pops

Postby buried_by_pops » Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:46 am

HowardTheDuck wrote:
Mr_Conejo wrote:So no spoilers? Lol, I want to see them then decide if I want to spend money.

Yeah I was interested to see the contents just to see if I could be swayed into not skipping it.

Yeah, with this line/theme, it is definitely a "skip until convinced otherwise" situation for me.

muscleheadfunkopop

Postby muscleheadfunkopop » Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:51 pm

I think this box closes on the 28th. Shocking that there hasn't been any leaks yet.
Fright Night◇HQ Grand Opening◇Making Fun Movie Premiere◇FunKon Hollywood◇Fright Night II

muscleheadfunkopop

Postby muscleheadfunkopop » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:04 pm

I mentioned earlier that I would like to see sodas in this box . I hope the Thanos & Captain Puerto Rico sodas are in the box.

Dbactor

Postby Dbactor » Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:14 am

So we have the delay, and still waiting for leak lol well, we will see soon enough

depp76

Postby depp76 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:08 pm

So when are we going to see the spoilers as today is the last day to skip this box and I'm not sure that I'm gonna want this one???!!!

buried_by_pops

Postby buried_by_pops » Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:35 pm

depp76 wrote:So when are we going to see the spoilers as today is the last day to skip this box and I'm not sure that I'm gonna want this one???!!!

They delayed shipping, so I assume they also delayed the cutoff date, didn't they?

depp76

Postby depp76 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:11 pm

I got an email yesterday from Amazon about the box only being available thru today the 27th and the option to skip must be done before the 28th or it will automatically be ordered otherwise. So who knows lol.

muscleheadfunkopop

Postby muscleheadfunkopop » Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:49 pm

Booooo...no sodas for this box :( . But possibly the Thanos/Cap will be the Pops for this box. :-k :-k :-k

buried_by_pops

Postby buried_by_pops » Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:56 am

depp76 wrote:I got an email yesterday from Amazon about the box only being available thru today the 27th and the option to skip must be done before the 28th or it will automatically be ordered otherwise. So who knows lol.

Interesting. I didn't get that email, and I usually do. Funko's failure to produce this box on time, for the first time I can remember, probably has their automated systems all messed up. I guess its time for me to try and skip just in case since I really have no interest in the line anyway.

buried_by_pops

Postby buried_by_pops » Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:06 am

Spoilers are out. I skipped the box earlier today while I still had a chance (in case they stuck to the original deadline despite the delay) and I'm glad I did. Laziest box ever, and kind of a screw you to their customers in my opinion, despite containing three Pops.

Looks like the next box will be a Deadpool 30th anniversary theme, although I have seen conflicting info on the date. Amazon tells me March, but people were posting to Reddit that Amazon showed them May...

Return to “Powered by Funko”