Smuggler's Bounty "Cantina Box????

Get a subscription to happiness and talk all about it here. These are the ultimate Boxes of Fun.
synergy56

Re: Smuggler's Bounty "Cantina Box????

Postby synergy56 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:26 pm

Got the red. Trying not to be too disappointed since I did get a Han shirt (yay!!!!) But they need to stop with the chases/rarer variants for this subscription.
Last edited by synergy56 on Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hi, I'm Merri!

Blasphemic Nephilim

Postby Blasphemic Nephilim » Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:32 pm

It's not a chase. It's a different mold altogether and a different number. A chase is a variant (paint usually) of the original figure (keyword there: original) which would be included in a case of figures shipped out from the factory. Same box number. There's no way ever in history that red would be mixed in with the other. Like Möbius before, different figure. Not a chase.
Do I really look like a guy with a plan?

synergy56

Postby synergy56 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:54 pm

Even though the blue is not a chase it seems to have the same percentage as a chase so far. It definitely hasn't been 50/50 like the Morbius.
Hi, I'm Merri!

budzsudsjr

Postby budzsudsjr » Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:00 pm

Got my box in today and I got a Blue Snaggletooth! Looks like my luck is finally turning around with snagging the hard to find pops! :D
-Jared-
Pop Count: 172
First: Groot (GITD) Loot Crate Exclusive
Last: Tony Stark 2017 SDCC Exclusive
Favorite: Heisenberg (Blue Crystal) 2015 SDCC Exclusive
Grail: Headless Ned Stark 2013 SDCC Exclusives
NEXT: Deadpool/Venom Pop In A Box Exclusive

POPwarner

Postby POPwarner » Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:12 pm

Love how the blue is taller than the red! Ill pick it up when the hype dies down
NJ / NYC

poppetmaster

Postby poppetmaster » Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:22 pm

Blasphemic Nephilim wrote:It's not a chase. It's a different mold altogether and a different number. A chase is a variant (paint usually) of the original figure (keyword there: original) which would be included in a case of figures shipped out from the factory. Same box number. There's no way ever in history that red would be mixed in with the other. Like Möbius before, different figure. Not a chase.

Wrong. Tie Fighter in the debut box has different numbers. Full black is 89. Red stripe is 90. Red stripe is considered the CHASE piece...a 1:5 chance to receive that one. Same mold, paint variant, different number...that's straight from Funko saying it is a CHASE piece. Morbius is NOT a chase piece, you are correct on that. 50/50 chance at getting either one. The red Snaggletooth definitely seems to be the more common one...blue SEEMING like a chase piece. Funko said there would be no chase piece in this box, but that could have been misinformation. It sure seems like the blue one is indeed chase, maybe 1:5 or higher.

poppetmaster

Postby poppetmaster » Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:23 pm

My one box came in today...red as I figured it would be. I may have to order more boxes on the back end to see if I get blue. It would still be cheaper than buying outright on ebay.

Blasphemic Nephilim

Postby Blasphemic Nephilim » Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:28 pm

poppetmaster wrote:
Blasphemic Nephilim wrote:It's not a chase. It's a different mold altogether and a different number. A chase is a variant (paint usually) of the original figure (keyword there: original) which would be included in a case of figures shipped out from the factory. Same box number. There's no way ever in history that red would be mixed in with the other. Like Möbius before, different figure. Not a chase.

Wrong. Tie Fighter in the debut box has different numbers. Full black is 89. Red stripe is 90. Red stripe is considered the CHASE piece...a 1:5 chance to receive that one. Same mold, paint variant, different number...that's straight from Funko saying it is a CHASE piece. Morbius is NOT a chase piece, you are correct on that. 50/50 chance at getting either one. The red Snaggletooth definitely seems to be the more common one...blue SEEMING like a chase piece. Funko said there would be no chase piece in this box, but that could have been misinformation. It sure seems like the blue one is indeed chase, maybe 1:5 or higher.
because something is similar it doesn't make them the same. TIE Pilot had no Chase and it was never billed as such. It was always mentioned as an extra exclusive. Why would Funko release a Chase and not label it properly when Chase variants have been something they've done (and many other toy lines in the past) a whole lot? They wouldn't. With your logic, is FN-2187 just a Chase of First Order Stormtrooper? Although TIE Pilot and FM-2187 are both repaints, they are NOT Chase versions. They are in fact completely different characters and their box numbers reflect that. It's pretty simple. You can't wish a Chase into existence lol

poppetmaster

Postby poppetmaster » Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:16 am

Blasphemic Nephilim wrote:
poppetmaster wrote:

because something is similar it doesn't make them the same. TIE Pilot had no Chase and it was never billed as such. It was always mentioned as an extra exclusive. Why would Funko release a Chase and not label it properly when Chase variants have been something they've done (and many other toy lines in the past) a whole lot? They wouldn't. With your logic, is FN-2187 just a Chase of First Order Stormtrooper? Although TIE Pilot and FM-2187 are both repaints, they are NOT Chase versions. They are in fact completely different characters and their box numbers reflect that. It's pretty simple. You can't wish a Chase into existence lol

I never said ANYTHING about FN-2187 here. I specifically said that full black 89 Tie Fighter is the "common" in the sub box, and red stripe 90 is the chase, which is a 1:5 chance in getting it. You can't sit there and tell me it's not a chase when Funko are the ones saying it directly. I'm not "wishing" anything into existence. It exists. Go check for yourself if you don't believe me. Better yet:

That sure does look like it says "Chase Variant" to me.

poppetmaster

Postby poppetmaster » Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:25 am

Also, you may want to reconsider your erroneous ways of thinking. Spike is #124. Vampire Spike, which is CLEARLY MARKED AS A CHASE, is #125. Different molds, different numbers, ONE is a CHASE.

wardengorri

Postby wardengorri » Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:37 am

a99kitten wrote:Sheesh - the eBay prices on the blue are nutso... ](*,) ](*,)

Seriously though, $100+ right off the bat. Going to stay positive, but looking a little less likely that it could calm down price wise in the coming months. ](*,)
Hey guys, i'm Drew!

Blasphemic Nephilim

Postby Blasphemic Nephilim » Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:41 am

poppetmaster wrote:Also, you may want to reconsider your erroneous ways of thinking. Spike is #124. Vampire Spike, which is CLEARLY MARKED AS A CHASE, is #125. Different molds, different numbers, ONE is a CHASE.
maybe reading this slowly will help you. That 1:5 is in no way saying that's a Chase version of the Pop. It's a Chase version of the subscription box as a whole. Remember that you're buying the box, not the specific Pop. Which keeps the mystery of what Chase Pops are supposed to be in tact.

Spike on the other hand, I've seen him and held him in hand with no Chase sticker. Went to a different HT and what do you know? He had a sticker. That comes down to retailer. Do a Google search for him and you'll clearly see different photos with and without the Chase sticker. A Chase variant box is not the same as a Chase variant Pop. Even if the only thing that makes the box a Chase IS the Pop inside of it. It just doesn't.

poppetmaster

Postby poppetmaster » Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:19 am

Blasphemic Nephilim wrote:
poppetmaster wrote:Also, you may want to reconsider your erroneous ways of thinking. Spike is #124. Vampire Spike, which is CLEARLY MARKED AS A CHASE, is #125. Different molds, different numbers, ONE is a CHASE.
maybe reading this slowly will help you. That 1:5 is in no way saying that's a Chase version of the Pop. It's a Chase version of the subscription box as a whole. Remember that you're buying the box, not the specific Pop. Which keeps the mystery of what Chase Pops are supposed to be in tact.

Spike on the other hand, I've seen him and held him in hand with no Chase sticker. Went to a different HT and what do you know? He had a sticker. That comes down to retailer. Do a Google search for him and you'll clearly see different photos with and without the Chase sticker. A Chase variant box is not the same as a Chase variant Pop. Even if the only thing that makes the box a Chase OS the Pop inside of it. It just doesn't.

Wow, are you that stuck on proving you're right that you are going far out on a limb to say Vampire Spike isn't a chase...when it is CLEARLY a Chase, marked with the Chase Edition sticker and everything? It doesn't "come down to the retailer". The retailer doesn't put a damn chase sticker on whatever they feel like. It's all done at the factory, by Funko. I'm done with this debate.

Blasphemic Nephilim

Postby Blasphemic Nephilim » Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:34 am

I'm not stuck in proving anything right. It's clear to me what is and isn't a Chase. What exactly is vampire Spike a Chase of? Nothing, that's what. I've actually seen some with no sticker. Seen some with multiple stickers also. Popcultcha sold a few with no sticker. People posted being confused and irked. If that one particular Pop was mislabeled it in no way changes what I was saying about TIE Pilot. This isn't a right or wrong thing or even a debate. All I'm doing is sharing my opinion on things, not getting uptight or combative because someone doesn't agree with me. That'd be moronic. I don't do moronic. Maybe we'll get lucky and Funko themselves could offer come clarification on the matter. Who knows, really.

racheva

Postby racheva » Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:25 am

I stayed spoiler free as to the second figure and I had no idea there were two possibilities, but I am super excited that I got the blue one! I also got the Momaw shirt. It's fine, but I think the best one is Ponda Baba with Han being a close second. Overall, another great box!
SDCC 2011-2023; Fundays 2016-2022; NYCC 2014-2022; Fright Night II 2022; SWCO 2017; D23 Expo 2015/2017

Libertyroxx

Postby Libertyroxx » Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:23 pm

Got the muftak shirt(on my list would have been my 4th choice) and a red snaggletooth. But considering in the first box I got the special forces Tie Fighter pilot and the Kylo Ren shirt I'm still overall pleased.

Honestly, I'm really excited they did that tribute to the snaggletooth "debacle" from the original Kenner figures. I love both figures though I still kind of wish it had been Ponda Baba and Dr. Evazan

Now to wait a while and snag that blue snaggletooth....
Proud member of The United Funko Family
Fundays 2015 through 2019, 2022, 2023
FDO 7 NYC FDO 8 Sacramento FDO 9 Las Vegas
Fright Night 1 & 2 , HQ Grand Opening, Making Fun Premier, Funko Hollywood Grand Opening, Funkon 1

Funklub member # 14829
Collections Star Wars, IRON MAIDEN :headbang: , Doctor Who, Marvel, Movies, Freddy Funko, Spastik/Fantastik Plastik

ImageImage

zaghawk
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby zaghawk » Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:30 pm

This may sound weird, but would anyone want to trade their Obi Wan SB POP for a Red Snaggletooth? I kind of want to get an extra Obi Wan for my Dad and maybe someone who has the chase really wants both Snaggletooths lol.
Gavin

FunKlub # 14297

beckysaurus
HoF 2018 & CotM
HoF 2018 & CotM

Postby beckysaurus » Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:19 pm

zaghawk wrote:This may sound weird, but would anyone want to trade their Obi Wan SB POP for a Red Snaggletooth? I kind of want to get an extra Obi Wan for my Dad and maybe someone who has the chase really wants both Snaggletooths lol.

I don't blame you. Ben is AWESOME. It's now our FAVORITE SW pop. Good luck!

This box was great.

Theo718

Postby Theo718 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:46 pm

Did anyone purchase more than one Cantina box ?

Archaic007

Postby Archaic007 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:59 pm

I ordered two and received two red snaggletooths.

ShoMeNodder
HoF 2007 & CotD
HoF 2007 & CotD

Postby ShoMeNodder » Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:01 pm

Haven't gotten mine yet...looks like tomorrow delivery.

edmomo

Postby edmomo » Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:12 pm

mine came 3 days late. something went haywire with USPS for all my packages last week. Gluck everyone who is still waiting. Hopefully they've resolved their issue.

nikegolferML23

Postby nikegolferML23 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:21 pm

Received mine today, got red Snaggletooth and talz shirt. Now the hunt for blue Snaggletooth begins

buf12sbr

Postby buf12sbr » Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:46 pm

Got the blue and Han so I got the double win

a99kitten
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby a99kitten » Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:47 pm

buf12sbr wrote:Got the blue and Han so I got the double win

Super duper congrats! :cheers: Double win for sure :) I need to stalk eBay for both of those!

ShoMeNodder
HoF 2007 & CotD
HoF 2007 & CotD

Postby ShoMeNodder » Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:48 pm

Congrats Celeste, anxious to get mine tomorrow !

Legion Of Boom
HoF 2023 & Spirit
HoF 2023 & Spirit

Postby Legion Of Boom » Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:57 pm

So what's the official ratio for the Blue one? I got a red one so like many others, my hunt for the blue one begins.

Pmisley

Postby Pmisley » Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:27 pm

Got the Red Snaggletooth and Hammerhead shirt. I actually quite like the look of the shirt! Not sure why the Han shirt is being considered the winner other than for screen time in the movies. :-D

Boinky

Postby Boinky » Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:38 pm

I got 2 boxes & 2 Red Snaggletooths sadly - least got one Han t-shirt

buf12sbr

Postby buf12sbr » Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:17 pm

Pmisley

Postby Pmisley » Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:22 pm

buf12sbr wrote:https://www.smugglersbounty.com/blog/cantina-box-factory-error-spoilers-ahead

Definitely a cool way to honor the past with the present. Glad they posted about it!

JuvyD

Postby JuvyD » Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:27 pm

My box was suppose to arrive Wednesday but showed up today...Red Snaggletooth and a Han shirt.

treswright

Postby treswright » Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:38 pm

I was wondering where this thread went, I couldn't find it in the Pop forum! My son and I got our boxes today. I managed to avoid all spoilers, so I didn't even know that there were two different versions of one of the Pops. We lucked out and got one of each! Both shirts were the Han version. For those that haven't seen it, I started a poll (which has also been moved to this forum). The poll is to help determine if the 1 to 5 ratio that Funko has reported is true. Frankly I'm skeptical, they reported a 1 to 5 ratio for the Tie Fighter as well and after 200 people weighed in the ratio was actually 1.3:1. Sure there could have been a margin of error, but there is just no way the ratio was 1 to 5 as they had reported. It will be interesting to see how the poll for this one compares to the one for the Tie Fighter.

poppetmaster

Postby poppetmaster » Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:52 am

My box arrived the other day and had red snaggletooth and also Han Solo shirt. Not sure what the big deal is about the shirt lol

I started a new sub as well for the bounty box, in case there are multiple pops in that one too....ended up ordering a few of these cantina boxes on the back end, hoping for a blue snaggletooth. I figured I may as well pay for the boxes and hopefully get the blue, instead of paying $100+ for it on ebay. Doesn't make sense when I can get 4 boxes for the price of one figure. :dontknow:

thejosh2010
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby thejosh2010 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:56 am

poppetmaster wrote:My box arrived the other day and had red snaggletooth and also Han Solo shirt. Not sure what the big deal is about the shirt lol

I started a new sub as well for the bounty box, in case there are multiple pops in that one too....ended up ordering a few of these cantina boxes on the back end, hoping for a blue snaggletooth. I figured I may as well pay for the boxes and hopefully get the blue, instead of paying $100+ for it on ebay. Doesn't make sense when I can get 4 boxes for the price of one figure. :dontknow:

Can't wait to see what is going to be in the Bounty box...POP-wise at least ;-)

poppetmaster

Postby poppetmaster » Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:02 am

thejosh2010 wrote:Can't wait to see what is going to be in the Bounty box...POP-wise at least ;-)

They really need to do a POP ride or 6 inch for the SB box :D

a99kitten
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby a99kitten » Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:27 pm

Pop-ride = Taun Taun!!! I would love that :)

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:23 pm

My box has been delivered! Hey boss can I leave early so I can go open my box?

Megacam

Postby Megacam » Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:09 pm

Holy Moly I actually got the
Spoiler: show
Blue Snaggletooth
and the Han shirt!
Last edited by Megacam on Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

a99kitten
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby a99kitten » Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:14 pm

Megacam wrote:Holy Moly I actually got the Blue Snaggletooth and the Han shirt!

That is awesome!! Super congrats! :cheers:

Return to “Powered by Funko”