Smugglers Bounty - Droids!

Get a subscription to happiness and talk all about it here. These are the ultimate Boxes of Fun.
MDevil21

Re: Smugglers Bounty - Droids!

Postby MDevil21 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:26 pm

Just need more R2s PLEASE

KMFH11
CotM & CotY
CotM & CotY

Postby KMFH11 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:36 pm

The POP! Came out great!! Never thought we'd get this pop! I love Funko lol
- HELLO I'M KEVIN - @KMFH11 -

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:56 pm

dad2my3 wrote:Bartender R2, please.

That would be so cute!! Love R2D2!

HaloHawk87

Postby HaloHawk87 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:52 am

dexiesmom wrote:

Bartender R2 was the Pop in the Jabba's Palace box.

dexiesmom

Postby dexiesmom » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:31 am

HaloHawk87 wrote:
dexiesmom wrote:

Bartender R2 was the Pop in the Jabba's Palace box.

D'oh - I need to do inventory on my Star Wars Pops. :eek: :eek:

eljefe81

Postby eljefe81 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:05 pm

So the rest of the contents of the box...I think we'll see a t-shirt, either a pairing of R2D2 and C3P0 or maybe variants of various droids, a mystery mini (either this box or the next to hype the upcoming release), and I am going to go out on a limb here and say an R2D2 candy bowl where the dome is the lid (although we did just get a Pop! Home item in the last box and they seem to space those out). If not the candy bowl, then I'm hoping for Wuher, just for irony's sake.
Proud member of Markenty's Garage

eljefe81

Postby eljefe81 » Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:38 am

Speaking of droids, I bought a Topps 3D Widevision The Force Awakens set and was lucky enough to pull an Anthony Daniels autograph #'d 10/10 this morning! I'll try to post a pic when I'm home from work. Not completely relevant to the topic at hand, but since no one is speculating...

Krazydave2000

Postby Krazydave2000 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:09 pm

These are the droids were looking for!! Cant wait-!
:freddy2:

Funko Patch & Pin Club Member
San Diego Chapter
Vest Up!!!!!!

emcee

Postby emcee » Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:13 pm

This pop looks great. Hooray for more prequel pops!
Collecting since 2013 (Jon Snow)
POP! Count: Stopped counting

dad2my3

Postby dad2my3 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:53 pm

Looks cool, but I just cancelled all of my Funko subscriptions, since they are now making exclusive items available at Hot Topic. I'll just get stuff there instead.

Brotha_man_davw

Postby Brotha_man_davw » Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:58 pm

Wish it was chrome R2D2 in the box but still a cool spoiler ! Can't wait for box and we getting a special R2 with holo leia anyway for SDCC so I'll manage lol
Names Dave sup.

I collect Star Wars :SW9: and walking dead etc.

Pops: 210+

mactds

Postby mactds » Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:10 pm

Not to spoil it, but the most recent spoiler floating around makes this box outstanding.
Hi, I'm Trevor
Current Pop Count: 310
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mactds/

Pmisley

Postby Pmisley » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:40 pm

dad2my3 wrote:Looks cool, but I just cancelled all of my Funko subscriptions, since they are now making exclusive items available at Hot Topic. I'll just get stuff there instead.

I'm so confused by this comment. Unless I missed something, the items in SB are only available in the SB box.
Phillip
Official collector of nothing but Star Wars

RoboFist

Postby RoboFist » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:42 pm

mactds wrote:Not to spoil it, but the most recent spoiler floating around makes this box outstanding.

I second this. This may be the first time I've ever loved BOTH figures in any Funko subscription box.
Latest: "BAHNEY, MY PEBBLES!"
300th: Audrey II
200th: Rapunzel (Dancing)
100th: Hoverboard Marty McFly
1st: V for Vendetta
Funatic Since 2012

Celesdragon

Postby Celesdragon » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:42 am

Pmisley wrote:
dad2my3 wrote:Looks cool, but I just cancelled all of my Funko subscriptions, since they are now making exclusive items available at Hot Topic. I'll just get stuff there instead.

I'm so confused by this comment. Unless I missed something, the items in SB are only available in the SB box.

I believe he is referencing that the MCC Spider-Man:Homecoming shirt is currently available to purchase directly on Hot Topic's website. The MCC box specifically states that everything in the box is exclusive to the box.. but yet, Hot Topic has the shirt up.

allcutethings2

Postby allcutethings2 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:28 am

Celesdragon wrote:
Pmisley wrote:

I believe he is referencing that the MCC Spider-Man:Homecoming shirt is currently available to purchase directly on Hot Topic's website. The MCC box specifically states that everything in the box is exclusive to the box.. but yet, Hot Topic has the shirt up.

But is it exactly the same? The SB box had the small Boba plush and the small Wampa plush, and people started freaking out when the larger versions were released in stores. But there was a significant size difference, and a different fabric/material was used. Is the shirt the same color, the same image/same image size/details? Or are there some parts that would differentiate them? I actually haven't seen a full pic of the sub box shirt yet, so I have nothing to compare to.
ISO: shadow heartless mini, Finding Dory otter mini, HT gitd Lumiere

Faves: Beauty and the Beast, Lilo & Stitch, Finding Dory, Lord of the Rings

Classier

Postby Classier » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:48 am

Celesdragon wrote:
Pmisley wrote:

Just because one shirt looks like one you can buy at Hot Topic doesn't mean that the vinyl collectibles will be, though. Despite the shirts being similar, the colors technically are a little different. Seems like a bit of a hollow statement to me.

Zero_Mistro

Postby Zero_Mistro » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:06 pm

Classier wrote:
Celesdragon wrote:
Pmisley wrote:

Just because one shirt looks like one you can buy at Hot Topic doesn't mean that the vinyl collectibles will be, though. Despite the shirts being similar, the colors technically are a little different. Seems like a bit of a hollow statement to me.

You also have to think about the value. Shirts in Hot Topic are about $20. Smugglers bounty is about $35, thats at least 1 pop, a wearable, extra goodies and shipping.

eljefe81

Postby eljefe81 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:13 pm

RoboFist wrote:
mactds wrote:Not to spoil it, but the most recent spoiler floating around makes this box outstanding.

I second this. This may be the first time I've ever loved BOTH figures in any Funko subscription box.

Thirded! It's a really nice choice. It might not move the needle for others, but it's long overdue. Now if we can just get Wuher in Cantina Box 2 (whenever that eventually happens)

Celesdragon

Postby Celesdragon » Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:43 pm

Classier wrote:
Celesdragon wrote:
Pmisley wrote:

I personally didn't buy that box (wasn't happy to see a second Spidey box so soon), but even I did a second take upon seeing the Hot Topic listing. Maybe the Hot Topic shirt is slightly off color or material to void out the 'exclusive' statement. However, on a gut level, I feel like when it comes to apparel like tshirts, the design, not the color or material, is the primary aspect of why someone would buy one. And therefor, the design should be the exclusive aspect. So I understand the frustration that people who did get the box are having about seeing the same design plastered on a shirt in a store.

Classier

Postby Classier » Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:12 pm

Celesdragon wrote:
Classier wrote:
Celesdragon wrote:I personally didn't buy that box (wasn't happy to see a second Spidey box so soon), but even I did a second take upon seeing the Hot Topic listing. Maybe the Hot Topic shirt is slightly off color or material to void out the 'exclusive' statement. However, on a gut level, I feel like when it comes to apparel like tshirts, the design, not the color or material, is the primary aspect of why someone would buy one. And therefor, the design should be the exclusive aspect. So I understand the frustration that people who did get the box are having about seeing the same design plastered on a shirt in a store.

I never said that the shirt was completely exclusive in its own right, I was trying to find a way to justify its inclusion in the box. I thought it was a terrible item like most of the rest of you. But just because one shirt wasn't 100% original is a poor and empty comparison to the vinyl collectibles in the box. Keep in mind that Funko isn't completely in kahoots with Hot Topic all the time, and Funko probably had the shirt planned for the box for a very long time, way before Hot Topic did. Sorry for the rant.

qpc1023

Postby qpc1023 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:49 pm

Can you share where you got info on this? I can't seem to find any info other the POP! that has already been revealed
Collection Started: Sept. 2015
First POP!: Wicket(the Ewok)
Last POP!: Baze Malbus
POP! Count: 217
ISO: Vader w/ Tie Fighter
Dream POP!: Wedge Antilles

Zero_Mistro

Postby Zero_Mistro » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:13 pm

qpc1023 wrote:

Can you share where you got info on this? I can't seem to find any info other the POP! that has already been revealed

Look up on youtube. Smuggler's Bounty: Droids Box Pop! Reveal! Then keep your eyes peeled on the box. Enjoy!

Darth Funko

Postby Darth Funko » Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:12 pm

Zero_Mistro wrote:
qpc1023 wrote:

Look up on youtube. Smuggler's Bounty: Droids Box Pop! Reveal! Then keep your eyes peeled on the box. Enjoy!

Yea, that was the Pop that was already revealed. I think what the other poster was getting to was that apparently another Pop was teased or spoiled somewhere. That's what we are looking for. Because I haven't seen another one yet either...
Roy - Lover of all that is Star Wars

Zero_Mistro

Postby Zero_Mistro » Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:17 pm

Darth Funko wrote:
Zero_Mistro wrote:
qpc1023 wrote:Can you share where you got info on this? I can't seem to find any info other the POP! that has already been revealed

Yea, that was the Pop that was already revealed. I think what the other poster was getting to was that apparently another Pop was teased or spoiled somewhere. That's what we are looking for. Because I haven't seen another one yet either...

if you watch the video, the second pop is on the back of the box.
Spoiler: show
R5-D4 \:D/

Darth Funko

Postby Darth Funko » Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:27 pm

Zero_Mistro wrote:
Darth Funko wrote:
Zero_Mistro wrote:

if you watch the video, the second pop is on the back of the box.
R5-D4 \:D/

That's what I figured when you said watch the box. I figured he showed the back of the box. But that was a QUICK flash. Glad you put that spoiler because I had no idea what it looked like! lol
Roy - Lover of all that is Star Wars

clutch09

Postby clutch09 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:06 am

there's a screen grab of the back of the box... looks like a second droid pop.... don't want to spoil if i'm right... or wrong
No need to call me sir or mister.... David is fine.
Currently collecting SW, DC, Marvel, Conans and anything else that catches my eye, mostly anything chrome or GITD

ginaf20697

Postby ginaf20697 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:21 pm

Unboxing video is up! So glad I forgot to unsubscribe after the last box. This one makes up for it.

minusdatails

Postby minusdatails » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:17 pm

I watched the unboxing video and I LOVE LOVE LOVE this box! I am so excited for mine to arrive!! :D
My name is Kyle and I may or may not be a cat. :cat:
GRAIL: Captain America Mega Dorbz

Russ76

Postby Russ76 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:31 pm

Saw the video. I like the box, but don't love it. Unfortunately for me I will be receiving 2 of these boxes. I have the year subscription box and a bimonthly box, so I can get a second box for those that I really like, read that as the pop deluxes. I guess I had forgotten to turn off the extra bimonthly after the 40th anniversary box. I have more hope for the September box, but still turned off the second subscription box, for now.

With that said I do have to admit that I love the
shirt

Classier

Postby Classier » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:53 pm

Maybe they've just been spoiling us recently, but this box seemed pretty empty to me. Felt like there should have been at least 1 more item.

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:59 pm

I am beyond satisfied with this box. I love everything in it!
I'm Julian. HowardTheFunatic on IG!
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

Zero_Mistro

Postby Zero_Mistro » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:33 pm

The T-shirt in this box is soo good!! Hopefully I can get it in time to wear to comic con.

eljefe81

Postby eljefe81 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:16 pm

Classier wrote:Maybe they've just been spoiling us recently, but this box seemed pretty empty to me. Felt like there should have been at least 1 more item.

I think that has to do with the t-shirt. We've been not getting as many shirts lately, which winds up resulting in (it seems like) 2 extra items. This shirt is solid though, definitely happy with it.

Classier

Postby Classier » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:46 pm

eljefe81 wrote:
Classier wrote:Maybe they've just been spoiling us recently, but this box seemed pretty empty to me. Felt like there should have been at least 1 more item.

I think that has to do with the t-shirt. We've been not getting as many shirts lately, which winds up resulting in (it seems like) 2 extra items. This shirt is solid though, definitely happy with it.

I was thinking about boxes such as Rebels and Rogue One where they had shirts, two POPs, and a Mini Hikari. Those boxes are the reason this one feels bare to me.

methodsmadness

Postby methodsmadness » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:29 pm

I feel like this is one of the best boxes they've done!
Keep the MOTU line coming! :cherry:
Image Image Image Image Image

eljefe81

Postby eljefe81 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:13 pm

Classier wrote:
eljefe81 wrote:

I was thinking about boxes such as Rebels and Rogue One where they had shirts, two POPs, and a Mini Hikari. Those boxes are the reason this one feels bare to me.

I'd forgotten about those. Maybe the next one will have a pop, dorbz, and mystery mini/mini hikari :)

HaloHawk87

Postby HaloHawk87 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:10 pm

An ok SB box. I'm glad I didn't order it, but at the same time it's one I would of been ok with if I had. Not necessarily a good box, but not a bad one either.

I likely would of ordered it if R5-D4 had been revealed first instead of 3PO, but I don't like the space between his body and head. I knew about him ahead of time, but didn't order so I could avoid the 3PO. The shirt is one of the coolest ones they've made, but the inaccuracies would of bugged me big time if I had it. I don't like the trend of shorting these boxes an extra item in situations like this.

eljefe81

Postby eljefe81 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:39 pm

Wooo! Got a delivery notice...for once I'm not a week behind everyone else :)

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:17 am

Got mine today! The pops are awesome in person!
I'm Julian. HowardTheFunatic on IG!
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

Return to “Powered by Funko”