MCC February 2018 - Animals Instinct

Get a subscription to happiness and talk all about it here. These are the ultimate Boxes of Fun.
Mario Wario

Re: MCC February 2018 - Animals Instinct

Postby Mario Wario » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:18 pm

Interesting...very interesting! Can't wait to see more info about this one.
:freddy1:

MarvelWars

Postby MarvelWars » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:01 pm

Thinking this is Black Panther. The BP shirts that were shown a few days ago have the same claw slash marks in the background, just in a different color.

Battastic
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Battastic » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:48 am

PET AVENGERS!!!!
Sadly this will be something predictable with Black Panther, Wolverine, Sabertooth, Rocket Racoon, & Squirrel Girl.
They won't even step out of the box and go with Sasquatch, Hit Monkey, Lockheed, or Wendigo.
They could even hit a few classics like Hellcat or Beast...but probably won't.
"If you can't have fun, if you can't laugh, if you can't enjoy it...it's not worth it." - Joey

Tbguy

Postby Tbguy » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:36 pm

Shinfo13 wrote:You guys are all missing an obvious character variant here: GITD Lockjaw lol

I'm surprised it isn't Black Panther themed as well but I'm sure the Pop will at least be a BP character

This was my 1st thought a variant lockjaw, they would have planned an inhuman box if the show hadnt sucked so bad.
:freddy3:

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:13 pm

I'm Julian. HowardTheFunatic on IG!
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

Jezter
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Jezter » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:16 pm

I think I already said it, but the theme is just too up in the air for me to buy it. If we don't get a spoiler of the pop, then I'll hold out until April and if I get THAT box then I add this one on if it turns out I would have liked it. :D
Hey I'm John! :joker:

Pops!- 750ish
Dorbz: 35
Mystery Minis: 33
Sodas: 7
Vinyl Idolz: 2
Hikari: 1
Mini-Hikari: 1
Instagram: courtjezter

This Is Where A Really Neat Signature Is Going To Go....Eventually...Maybe.

opopssum

Postby opopssum » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:18 pm

The trailer leads me to believe it will be like actual animals so my hope for Hellcat is a bit dashed. Depending on the pop I may still pick up the box since it could be cute.
- tauntaunking on instagram

Chase Variant
Location: The wild, wild west, a state that's untouchable like Elliot Ness

Postby Chase Variant » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:40 pm

HowardTheDuck wrote:Now I'm a little excited!

When I saw the trailer I said to myself, "HowardTheDuck will be so excited."

The Head

Postby The Head » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:27 pm

The trailer leads me to believe the pop will not be one of the characters in the trailer. For Julian's sake, I hope I'm wrong and we get a variant for one in particular (can funko develop a feathering effect similar to flocking?).

Classier

Postby Classier » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:24 pm

I hope we get something from the Marvel Zooniverse. Preferably Spider-Ham or Deerdevil, but there are a lot of fun options out there.

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:28 pm

The Head wrote:The trailer leads me to believe the pop will not be one of the characters in the trailer. For Julian's sake, I hope I'm wrong and we get a variant for one in particular (can funko develop a feathering effect similar to flocking?).

I would love that but with the 6-inch hitting in February I'm not really expecting to be THAT spoiled. I was honesty thinking maybe Howard and Rocket as VYNL.
ISO: FREDDY FUNKO CAPTAIN AMERICA, FREDDY FUNKO STORMTROOPER, FAIRLY ODD PARENTS 3 PACK, CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS HOWARD THE DUCK PROTO, MAN-THING PROTO, BRUTUS THE BUCKEYE PROTO

cheekylyssa

Postby cheekylyssa » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:58 pm

I have nothing nice to say about that trailer reveal.
Spoiler: show
Every other MCU movie gets a box but Black Panther doesn't? REALLY? REALLY? That's some bs. And to those who want to argue that there are out of characters/ideas, this didn't stop the Ragnarok or Doctor Strange or GOTG or Spiderman boxes.

synergy56

Postby synergy56 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:06 pm

This is super weird. Even weirder - I didn't even know what the theme was and it's not mentioned on the Collector Corps website. I signed up for the Hulk box for my bro that is a huge Hulk fan and just went in to turn off my subscription and thought I'd check out the next theme to see what it was...nothing. Just had a generic looking box and the graphic of the broken fence/cage and the claw marks. All of the other subscription box sites have the theme actually names and a countdown clock to order the box expect Marvel. It was really bizarre.
Hi, I'm Merri!

BillyLouis

Postby BillyLouis » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:16 pm

This better not be another reason to release another damn Rocket!

My Incorrect Guesses:
Black Knight with Aragorn POP! Ride.
Ka-Zar and Zabu two pack.
Monkey Joe.
Falcon with Redwing.
Throg.
Fenris Wolf.
"If I only had the strength to make some muffins, then I swear that I would share them with you now."

Looking for: POP!s: Parks and Rec series 1, can be loose. Nathan MacKinnon, Patrick Roy.

Jango_Fresh
HoF 2015 & RotY
HoF 2015 & RotY

Postby Jango_Fresh » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:03 pm

cheekylyssa wrote:I have nothing nice to say about that trailer reveal.
Every other MCU movie gets a box but Black Panther doesn't? REALLY? REALLY? That's some bs. And to those who want to argue that there are out of characters/ideas, this didn't stop the Ragnarok or Doctor Strange or GOTG or Spiderman boxes.

Black Panther is getting a bigger merch set than both Thor and Strange, maybe even Spider Man. Black Panther is getting almost the full deal, pops, dorbz, PSH, Pop tees, plushies, keychains, and possibly a first for a Funko shop release. Only missing Mystery minis.

On top of that Black Panther received some love outside of MCU recently with a few pops from the gamer verse and a classic Black Panther pop.

So what he isn't getting a MCC box? It's not like Funko isn't giving us plenty of of BP to buy out there.
2012 Rookie of the Year

case
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby case » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:17 am

Jango_Fresh wrote:

Black Panther is getting a bigger merch set than both Thor and Strange, maybe even Spider Man. Black Panther is getting almost the full deal, pops, dorbz, PSH, Pop tees, plushies, keychains, and possibly a first for a Funko shop release. Only missing Mystery minis.

On top of that Black Panther received some love outside of MCU recently with a few pops from the gamer verse and a classic Black Panther pop.

So what he isn't getting a MCC box? It's not like Funko isn't giving us plenty of of BP to buy out there.

I saw the Black Panther PSH 3 pack today and the mystery looks pretty sweet!
FDO 6-7-8-9
Fundays 2014-15-16-17-18-19-23
SDCC 2014-15-16-17-18-19-23
Funko Fright Night, HQ Grand Opening, Making Fun, Wetmore Block Party

HowardTheDuck

Postby HowardTheDuck » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:09 am

I know this is a WAYYY long shot but how cool would Hit-Monkey be? Or Spider-Ham? Or Devil Dinosaur? Too many possibilities with this one. Honestly haven't been this excited about a box in awhile.

Saucepan

Postby Saucepan » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:12 pm

I need Old Lace

Ace+ 76

Postby Ace+ 76 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:38 pm

Jango_Fresh wrote:

While I don't often express my disappointment in the MCC boxes, in fairness they did a women of marvel box and gave us Squirrel Girl, a character that nobody asked for. I say let's have some more stuff that people want. Not 50 versions (knowingly exaggerating) of Spiderman.

cheekylyssa

Postby cheekylyssa » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:09 pm

Jango_Fresh wrote:

Guardians of the Galaxy had the full merch set and also had a MCC box. Shoot, they’re still churning out Groots like nobody’s business when there’s no movie in theatres. (Yes, I’m guilty of buying every single one of these Groots and yes, I complain when they make another iron man/Deadpool/Captain America, so I’m equally culpable of being a “too many of pop x” complainer, but dang if it doesn’t sting on this one and how important this movie and what it represents is to so many, including me.)

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:29 pm

Jezter wrote:I think I already said it, but the theme is just too up in the air for me to buy it. If we don't get a spoiler of the pop, then I'll hold out until April and if I get THAT box then I add this one on if it turns out I would have liked it. :D

I agree this box puts it more in the air for me. It looks promising,, but I am not sure yet.
Collecting since 2014

GraySea

Postby GraySea » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:03 am

FWIW, I enjoyed the Squirrel Girl. She looks cute and has a cool story.

I can't imagine this not being a Black Panther box. Maybe it won't center on BP but will have something related to the movie.
I LOVE DORBZ. \:D/

imdustin6

Postby imdustin6 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:13 am

HowardTheDuck wrote:I know this is a WAYYY long shot but how cool would Hit-Monkey be? Or Spider-Ham? Or Devil Dinosaur? Too many possibilities with this one. Honestly haven't been this excited about a box in awhile.

I was actually thinking hit monkey would be sweet...but he's so obscure I doubt they would... A 6 inch devil dinosaur would be epic but would need to include a psh companion
2018 JV Fundays custom winner
IG: Dustybutt_designs

CptWhizbang

Postby CptWhizbang » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:22 pm

If this box was coming out any other month, my hope would be for a Cap Wolf POP.

But since its coming out the same month as Black Panther, it better be a Black Panther character in that box, or Funko's going to deserve the PR nightmare it's gonna have on it's hands.

Personally I'm hoping for Shuri as Black Panther
Current POPs: 219
Current Pocket POPs: 20
Current Dorbz: 54

Marvel Dream POP List: Metallic BuckyCap w/gun POP, Classic Black Widow POP, Nomad (Steve Rogers) POP
Marvel Dream Dorbz List: CA:TFA Dorbz, Golden Age Bucky Dorbz, CA:CW Dorbz Ride with Steve, Sam, Bucky, and VW Bug

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:26 pm

CptWhizbang wrote:If this box was coming out any other month, my hope would be for a Cap Wolf POP.

But since its coming out the same month as Black Panther, it better be a Black Panther character in that box, or Funko's going to deserve the PR nightmare it's gonna have on it's hands.

Based on the trailer, it doesn't look to be black panther.
Collecting since 2014

CritterD

Postby CritterD » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:09 pm

this will be my 1st MCC box so I'm stoked for whatever it is, but I love the idea of Sabretooth. but it'll be BP...and thats good too
Pops! I got LOTS now....but please don't tell!!! [-X
Mystery Mini's....just 3. But working on that!!!

BillyLouis

Postby BillyLouis » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:06 pm

CptWhizbang wrote:If this box was coming out any other month, my hope would be for a Cap Wolf POP.

Now I really want a Captain America Werewolf POP!.
"If I only had the strength to make some muffins, then I swear that I would share them with you now."

Looking for: POP!s: Parks and Rec series 1, can be loose. Nathan MacKinnon, Patrick Roy.

Classier

Postby Classier » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:06 pm

CritterD wrote:this will be my 1st MCC box so I'm stoked for whatever it is, but I love the idea of Sabretooth. but it'll be BP...and thats good too

There's already a Sabretooth out there if you didn't know already.

GraySea

Postby GraySea » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:24 pm

Shuri as Black Panther :O =D>
I LOVE DORBZ. \:D/

Jango_Fresh
HoF 2015 & RotY
HoF 2015 & RotY

Postby Jango_Fresh » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:47 pm

Was thinking of how many animal-ish Marvel pops we have already

Howard
Rocket
Cosmo
Lockjaw

Drawing a blank anyone else?

Some that I would like to see

Man-Spider
Rhino(?)
Dogpool
Man-wolf
Cap-wolf
2012 Rookie of the Year

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:33 am

Jango_Fresh wrote:
cheekylyssa wrote:Black Panther is getting a bigger merch set than both Thor and Strange, maybe even Spider Man. Black Panther is getting almost the full deal, pops, dorbz, PSH, Pop tees, plushies, keychains, and possibly a first for a Funko shop release. Only missing Mystery minis.

Solid point. Granted we have not seen the movie yet but with the flood of merchandise Funko has/is releasing for BP I can not image there is too much more that would be interesting for the sub box. I rather see some new animal related MU characters (Tigra, Hellcat, Peter Porker, Lucky the Pizza Dog, Suaron, etc) over a Black Panther variant pose pop. The variant pose figures (Spider-Man HC, GotG2, etc.) are a bit dull IMO and better left to store exclusives. Give me random wacky fan pleasing characters in the sub boxes that might otherwise not see the light of day at mass retail. Plastic-Man, Squirrel Girl, etc...
Hi, I am Shawn. Iron Man junkie, Soda-holic and Hikari addict. Funklub member #14300/01057

SMEAGOL2

Postby SMEAGOL2 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:27 pm

I was hoping for something Black Panther. Howard the Duck was nowhere close to what I was guessing. If that is what we are getting.

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:26 am

BillyLouis wrote:

Now I really want a Captain America Werewolf POP!.

Oh good, glad I'm not the only one!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:29 am

mohawkjones wrote:
Jango_Fresh wrote:
cheekylyssa wrote:Black Panther is getting a bigger merch set than both Thor and Strange, maybe even Spider Man. Black Panther is getting almost the full deal, pops, dorbz, PSH, Pop tees, plushies, keychains, and possibly a first for a Funko shop release. Only missing Mystery minis.

Solid point. Granted we have not seen the movie yet but with the flood of merchandise Funko has/is releasing for BP I can not image there is too much more that would be interesting for the sub box. I rather see some new animal related MU characters (Tigra, Hellcat, Peter Porker, Lucky the Pizza Dog, Suaron, etc) over a Black Panther variant pose pop. The variant pose figures (Spider-Man HC, GotG2, etc.) are a bit dull IMO and better left to store exclusives. Give me random wacky fan pleasing characters in the sub boxes that might otherwise not see the light of day at mass retail. Plastic-Man, Squirrel Girl, etc...

Okay, I will totally accept a Lucky the Pizza Dog in this box, but most of the ideas/guesses thus far do not thrill me.

I've really enjoyed the boxes that correspond to an upcoming movie. Makes it very easy to know what to wear to the movie! So really hoping that, if nothing else, we get some Black Panther wearables out of this!
Image ImageImage Image

yoyogod

Postby yoyogod » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:27 pm

I haven't liked any of the MCU boxes, so this not being a Black Panther box doesn't upset me personally. That said, making Black Panther the first MCU movie not to get a box seems like a really dumb move from a PR perspective.

That said, I'd really like to see a Zabu pop in this box.

volsspongebob

Postby volsspongebob » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:38 pm

It makes no sense for this to not be a Black Panther box. I am sad that I wont have a sub box shirt to wear to the Black Panther movie though that wouldnt have even been a guarantee with a BP box anyways.
Love to Collect the 80s stuff. Also chasing the OG Rocky Set. First Funko Purchase was 2012 SDCC.

MISSING FUNDAYS ON A DAILY BASIS!!

[size=85]Image

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:04 pm

volsspongebob wrote:It makes no sense for this to not be a Black Panther box.

I hate movie boxes, 99% of all "comic" related stuff is movie crap, so if they can squeeze in a comic character here and there i'll take it.

vallina

Postby vallina » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:18 pm

Hoping this is a black panther box...

felixfelicis

Postby felixfelicis » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:43 pm

nascar246788 wrote:Based on the trailer, it doesn't look to be black panther.

The trailer for the Disney box was Beauty and the Beast and the Pops in it are wedding day Ariel and Eric. So I could see them throwing another curveball like that.

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:37 pm

felixfelicis wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:Based on the trailer, it doesn't look to be black panther.

The trailer for the Disney box was Beauty and the Beast and the Pops in it are wedding day Ariel and Eric. So I could see them throwing another curveball like that.

I wouldn't say the disney treasures wasn't a curveball. We could still have a mini from beauty the beast to go with belle. Maybe a Beast mini.
Collecting since 2014

Return to “Powered by Funko”