Free Comic Book Day Mystery Marvel Funko Box

Get a subscription to happiness and talk all about it here. These are the ultimate Boxes of Fun.
Minyinz610

Free Comic Book Day Mystery Marvel Funko Box

Postby Minyinz610 » Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:25 pm

I just saw that Funko is going to produce a PX exclusive Marvel box, for Free Comic Book Day, with a new Marvel pop, variant cover Funko stylized comic book, and a t-shirt.

Per Newsarama:
Funko leads the way for Free Comic Book Day 2020 exclusive collectibles with their first-ever PREVIEWS Exclusive Mystery Box (JAN200050-64; SRP: $34.99)! The mystery box features a brand-new Marvel Comics POP! PX bobble-head figure, an exclusive PX Marvel Funko Variant Comic Book (title TBA) and a PX Funko POP! Character Tee! POP! figure comes in standard Funko window box packaging for easy display, while the Marvel comic book features cover art in the Funko style, depicting the Mystery Box's featured POP! character in three randomly distributed designs: Main Variant Cover (65%), No Logo Variant (25%), Gold Logo Cover (10%)! There are three Mystery boxes to choose from, A, B, and C, each with its own exclusive T-Shirt design of the featured POP! character. The featured character in the box is a mystery for now, but Funko and Free Comic Book Day will be announcing the featured character in mid-March

https://www.newsarama.com/48324-marvel-and-funko-team-for-fcbd-2020-exclusive-mystery-box.html

What Marvel character would you like to see be made for this box??
I would love to see another Ghost Rider or Wolverine pop. I think this is a great idea and would love to see this happen every year for Free Comic Book Day.
Hi!!! My name is Noah. Pop collector since 2016.
ImageImageImage

jjb11590

Re: Free Comic Book Day Mystery Marvel Funko Box

Postby jjb11590 » Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:24 pm

I would be down to see Living Tribunal, with a lil GITD?!

Image ImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

IG/Twitter: jjb11590

daOCHO

Postby daOCHO » Fri Dec 27, 2019 8:35 pm

Reading the description, there are 3 different POPs, the only variation will be the comic book. Talked to my local comic book store to place an order for the larger size shirt product. Hopefully stores will not get cut on shirts for various sizes.

Twitter: @CCM8
Instagram: casey_aka_daocho

Minyinz610

Postby Minyinz610 » Fri Dec 27, 2019 8:50 pm

daOCHO wrote:Reading the description, there are 3 different POPs, the only variation will be the comic book. Talked to my local comic book store to place an order for the larger size shirt product. Hopefully stores will not get cut on shirts for various sizes.

I just re-read the description and I think there is 1 pop with 3 different covers and three different shirts. I could be wrong but that’s what I got from the description.
ImageImageImage

akagalar

Postby akagalar » Fri Dec 27, 2019 11:15 pm

Haha, I read it as 3 different boxes with a themed character each. There will be a pop based on the box theme. There will also be a comic that also is based on the themed character but a chance at 3 different versions of the comic.
Image Image

lavery01
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby lavery01 » Sat Dec 28, 2019 1:11 am

daOCHO wrote:Reading the description, there are 3 different POPs, the only variation will be the comic book. Talked to my local comic book store to place an order for the larger size shirt product. Hopefully stores will not get cut on shirts for various sizes.

I read the description a couple of times and am still confused as to what you’ll get. Just going to have to waited for content spoilers. lol
Hi I'm Latricia \:D/

Minyinz610

Postby Minyinz610 » Sat Dec 28, 2019 1:18 am

lavery01 wrote:

I read the description a couple of times and am still confused as to what you’ll get. Just going to have to waited for content spoilers. lol

This is a reason I say it’s only one, “The featured character in the box is a mystery for now.”
ImageImageImage

Katers

Postby Katers » Sat Dec 28, 2019 2:12 am

Minyinz610 wrote:
lavery01 wrote:

This is a reason I say it’s only one, “The featured character in the box is a mystery for now.”

Let's be honest....I'm getting one of these no matter who it is. BUT...I really hope it's my Rogue pop that I've been waiting so patiently for. I doubt it...but I still hope!
Image ImageImage Image

Lakers

Postby Lakers » Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:34 pm

Minyinz610 wrote:
lavery01 wrote:

Need more info before we know what is in the box, at least the price is not bad.

Minyinz610

Postby Minyinz610 » Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:53 pm

Katers wrote:
Minyinz610 wrote:
lavery01 wrote:

Let's be honest....I'm getting one of these no matter who it is. BUT...I really hope it's my Rogue pop that I've been waiting so patiently for. I doubt it...but I still hope!

I’m very excited to see the Funko stylized comic book covers. I also really like the different variants.
ImageImageImage

funkosundae

Postby funkosundae » Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:42 pm

Very interesting indeed. Love Funko T-shirts.

Minyinz610

Postby Minyinz610 » Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:10 pm

funkosundae wrote:Very interesting indeed. Love Funko T-shirts.

I like how they are bringing out 3 different shirts.
ImageImageImage

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun Dec 29, 2019 1:40 am

Minyinz610 wrote:
Katers wrote:
Minyinz610 wrote:

I’m very excited to see the Funko stylized comic book covers. I also really like the different variants.

I'm both excited, and not, about this actually. Excited for obvious reasons...not so excited because darnit, I'm going to want them all!
Image ImageImage Image

Minyinz610

Postby Minyinz610 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:30 am

Katers wrote:
Minyinz610 wrote:
Katers wrote:

I'm both excited, and not, about this actually. Excited for obvious reasons...not so excited because darnit, I'm going to want them all!

That is a very true statement.
ImageImageImage

Flampsy

Postby Flampsy » Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:08 am

Exciting news! Thanks for sharing. I'll have to make sure my local comic book stores orders some.
Fundays 2017, 2022, 2023
San Diego Comic Con 2007-2019, 2022-2024
Wonder Con 2012-2019

Minyinz610

Postby Minyinz610 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:36 pm

Flampsy wrote:Exciting news! Thanks for sharing. I'll have to make sure my local comic book stores orders some.

I’m very excited to see what is going to be in the box and I am excited for the variant covers for the comic.
ImageImageImage

Katers

Postby Katers » Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:53 am

Flampsy wrote:Exciting news! Thanks for sharing. I'll have to make sure my local comic book stores orders some.

Argh, I'm going to have to set a reminder in my phone to ask them to order some! Good reminder here, thanks!
Image ImageImage Image

Flampsy

Postby Flampsy » Sat Jan 04, 2020 3:30 am

Katers wrote:

Argh, I'm going to have to set a reminder in my phone to ask them to order some! Good reminder here, thanks!

No problem! My local shop owner knows me now and he's normally good about ordering extra stuff for FCBD. He does a lot of extras that day too like having artists come out and do sketches, has cosplayers, puts out a lot of miscellaneous free comics from his own stash, etc. He also has a booth every year at SDCC!
Fundays 2017, 2022, 2023
Wonder Con 2012-2019

Flampsy

Postby Flampsy » Sat Jan 04, 2020 3:31 am

Minyinz610 wrote:

I’m very excited to see what is going to be in the box and I am excited for the variant covers for the comic.

Me too! I'm eager for more news! I'm glad they said they'll release more information regarding what's in it so we're not going in completely blind
Fundays 2017, 2022, 2023
Wonder Con 2012-2019

chincoteague1

Postby chincoteague1 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:40 pm

This is great news. Thanks for posting.

Minyinz610

Postby Minyinz610 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:03 pm

Flampsy wrote:
Minyinz610 wrote:

Me too! I'm eager for more news! I'm glad they said they'll release more information regarding what's in it so we're not going in completely blind

I definitely agree with that. I’m glad they also released the percentages for the variant covers.
ImageImageImage

Flampsy

Postby Flampsy » Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:38 pm

Minyinz610 wrote:
Flampsy wrote:
Minyinz610 wrote:I’m very excited to see what is going to be in the box and I am excited for the variant covers for the comic.

I definitely agree with that. I’m glad they also released the percentages for the variant covers.

Yeah, me too. With the price of the box, unfortunately I'll only be able to get one
Fundays 2017, 2022, 2023
Wonder Con 2012-2019

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:31 am

Flampsy wrote:
Katers wrote:

No problem! My local shop owner knows me now and he's normally good about ordering extra stuff for FCBD. He does a lot of extras that day too like having artists come out and do sketches, has cosplayers, puts out a lot of miscellaneous free comics from his own stash, etc. He also has a booth every year at SDCC!

Very nice! What's his booth called, I always try to go to nice people's booths to make purchases!

My comic-book guy is great too, FCBD is always big at his location. On the years that I'm scheduled to work on that day, he still sets aside stuff for me since he's cool like that! \:D/
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:33 am

Flampsy wrote:
Minyinz610 wrote:
Flampsy wrote:Me too! I'm eager for more news! I'm glad they said they'll release more information regarding what's in it so we're not going in completely blind

Yeah, me too. With the price of the box, unfortunately I'll only be able to get one

Exactly that! Plenty of good stuff in it, but it's not cheap. Highly doubt extra boxes will go on clearance eventually, unfortunately!
Image ImageImage Image

FunkoMeansFun

Postby FunkoMeansFun » Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:51 am

Love hearing about this. Thanks for sharing :) . :freddy1: :freddy3: :freddy4: .
:freddy3: Image

ImageImage

Sdivirgilio7

Postby Sdivirgilio7 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:29 am

The description is indeed confusing, but I think it’s more likely they would have 3 pops or 3 variants of the same character. I’d like to see X-men pops.
:freddy2:

Pop count: 195
Favorite lines: Ad icons, MLB
First pops: Groot, ghost face

keyese

Postby keyese » Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:51 pm

I'll have to ask my local comic shop if they can order for us!
AKA ElizabethKeyes on Twitch or keyese on Discord :freddy2:
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

PhoenixForce

Postby PhoenixForce » Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:53 pm

MARVEL LOVE!!

This is exciting. I hope it's still part of the Marvel 80 releases ... if not, I'll still buy it :D :roflmao:

Hi, I'm JASON!
You can follow me on Instagram: @jpg_rising or on Twitter: @jpg_rising
I also have an Instagram just for my Funko Photography: @PhoenixForcePhotos
I've been collecting since 2013: It started with Marvel and quickly became a collection of, a little bit of everything in between!

FunkOCD

Postby FunkOCD » Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:39 am

PhoenixForce wrote:MARVEL LOVE!!

This is exciting. I hope it's still part of the Marvel 80 releases ... if not, I'll still buy it :D :roflmao:

What if it's Phoenix?! JK :X

Hopefully it's of a NEW character and not lazy chase like they did for Trolls World Tour!
ImageImageImageImage

PhoenixForce

Postby PhoenixForce » Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:05 pm

FunkOCD wrote:

Hopefully it's of a NEW character and not lazy chase like they did for Trolls World Tour!

I'll gladly take a 90s Jean Grey, but even I have to admit there were quite a few Phoenix versions in 2019. It's ok to let her rest ... for now. :bounce:

Hi, I'm JASON!
You can follow me on Instagram: @jpg_rising or on Twitter: @jpg_rising
I also have an Instagram just for my Funko Photography: @PhoenixForcePhotos
I've been collecting since 2013: It started with Marvel and quickly became a collection of, a little bit of everything in between!

stl_ben

Postby stl_ben » Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:19 pm

I mean I would say there is close to 0% chance it's anyone other than Spider-Man, Wolverine or Deadpool.
ImageImageImage

chincoteague1

Postby chincoteague1 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:26 pm

stl_ben wrote:I mean I would say there is close to 0% chance it's anyone other than Spider-Man, Wolverine or Deadpool.

I agree with you.

FunkOCD

Postby FunkOCD » Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:46 am

PhoenixForce wrote:
FunkOCD wrote:

I'll gladly take a 90s Jean Grey, but even I have to admit there were quite a few Phoenix versions in 2019. It's ok to let her rest ... for now. :bounce:

Rest?! She's a cosmic being, she doesn't rest henny! LOL
ImageImageImageImage

Flampsy

Postby Flampsy » Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:01 am

Katers wrote:
Flampsy wrote:
Katers wrote:

Very nice! What's his booth called, I always try to go to nice people's booths to make purchases!

My comic-book guy is great too, FCBD is always big at his location. On the years that I'm scheduled to work on that day, he still sets aside stuff for me since he's cool like that! \:D/

His booth is Nuclear Comics. He does sales for cons (like most booths) and what's awesome is when he does cons, he also has stuff in his actual store on sale too.

That's so nice of him! Yeah, I get there usually an hour and a half early, but even that wasn't early enough this time to get the 50 free bags (I still got all the comics though). The line was already down the side of the building, around the corner and halfway down the back of a large sports store. Guess I'm waking up even earlier this time!
Fundays 2017, 2022, 2023
Wonder Con 2012-2019

Flampsy

Postby Flampsy » Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:02 am

Katers wrote:
Flampsy wrote:
Minyinz610 wrote:I definitely agree with that. I’m glad they also released the percentages for the variant covers.

Exactly that! Plenty of good stuff in it, but it's not cheap. Highly doubt extra boxes will go on clearance eventually, unfortunately!

Probably not since they'll be sold at mostly smaller locally owned stores.
Fundays 2017, 2022, 2023
Wonder Con 2012-2019

FireEmblemZack

Postby FireEmblemZack » Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:19 pm

This will be cool to see, I like the Funko-art comic covers. It's a unique idea
Image R.I.P. Buddy, my bestest friend

Chernabog

Postby Chernabog » Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:53 pm

FireEmblemZack wrote:This will be cool to see, I like the Funko-art comic covers. It's a unique idea

Yeah it's super creative and it's good to see funko pops outside their element.

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:31 am

stl_ben wrote:I mean I would say there is close to 0% chance it's anyone other than Spider-Man, Wolverine or Deadpool.

And even with plenty of them, I would gladly take another!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:34 am

Flampsy wrote:
Katers wrote:
Flampsy wrote:No problem! My local shop owner knows me now and he's normally good about ordering extra stuff for FCBD. He does a lot of extras that day too like having artists come out and do sketches, has cosplayers, puts out a lot of miscellaneous free comics from his own stash, etc. He also has a booth every year at SDCC!

His booth is Nuclear Comics. He does sales for cons (like most booths) and what's awesome is when he does cons, he also has stuff in his actual store on sale too.

That's so nice of him! Yeah, I get there usually an hour and a half early, but even that wasn't early enough this time to get the 50 free bags (I still got all the comics though). The line was already down the side of the building, around the corner and halfway down the back of a large sports store. Guess I'm waking up even earlier this time!

Got a screenshot so I'll remember the name, thanks for the recommendation! I'll pass it on to my friends, too!

Yikes, I think your store is busier than mine! Mine did have a huge line last year, which unfortunately I didn't notice since I was on the other side of the store. ](*,) I will plan better this year, and definitely get there earlier! I don't think I even knew about the free bags? As for waking up earlier though....ugh, the things we do for our loves!
Image ImageImage Image

Eman185

Postby Eman185 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:14 pm

As a comic book fan, I’m definitely looking forward to this box. That gold logo cover sounds sweet.

Return to “Powered by Funko”