Free Comic Book Day Mystery Marvel Funko Box

Get a subscription to happiness and talk all about it here. These are the ultimate Boxes of Fun.
Katers

Re: Free Comic Book Day Mystery Marvel Funko Box

Postby Katers » Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:26 am

Minyinz610 wrote:
Katers wrote:
Minyinz610 wrote:
I moved to a new state a few years ago and haven’t really found a LCS that I like. Before moving, I had access to some amazing shops.

Oh, I do not envy you having to start over! That's rough! Lack of stores around? It's weird how they come in clumps, isn't it?

Yes I agree. I unfortunately stopped buying comics due to having a baby but I feel it’s a good time to start getting back into reading them. Unfortunately I don’t have a great place to buy them. So I will have to do some research and visit a few stores again.

Good luck! Hopefully you find the right place...preferably one that has pre-ordered a few extra of these boxes!
Image ImageImage Image

Funkastian

Postby Funkastian » Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:34 am

Just found out my 2 closest shops wont be getting any of them, so I called a 3rd shop a couple towns away and was finally able to find someone who knew about them and let me preorder one. He said he was surprised that so far I was the only one to preorder one from him! I'm anxious to see who is in the box and may have to try for a second Box in my wifes size once we get some leaks!
:freddy3:
750 Pops
50 Dorbz
12 Tiny Ghosts

Minyinz610

Postby Minyinz610 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:29 pm

Katers wrote:
Minyinz610 wrote:
Katers wrote:
Oh, I do not envy you having to start over! That's rough! Lack of stores around? It's weird how they come in clumps, isn't it?

Yes I agree. I unfortunately stopped buying comics due to having a baby but I feel it’s a good time to start getting back into reading them. Unfortunately I don’t have a great place to buy them. So I will have to do some research and visit a few stores again.

Good luck! Hopefully you find the right place...preferably one that has pre-ordered a few extra of these boxes!

Thanks I think I will need it. I’m curious to see if any of the places around here ordered these. Are stores still able to order boxes?
Hi!!! My name is Noah. Pop collector since 2016.
ImageImageImage

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:04 am

Funkastian wrote:Just found out my 2 closest shops wont be getting any of them, so I called a 3rd shop a couple towns away and was finally able to find someone who knew about them and let me preorder one. He said he was surprised that so far I was the only one to preorder one from him! I'm anxious to see who is in the box and may have to try for a second Box in my wifes size once we get some leaks!

That's a shame that the 2 closer shops weren't able to help you out / order a box! I'm really surprised that was their response! Thank goodness though you found someone to come through for you. I wonder how many people will know ahead of time about this box, and how many will make splurge purchases on FCBD this year!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:07 am

Minyinz610 wrote:
Katers wrote:
Minyinz610 wrote:Yes I agree. I unfortunately stopped buying comics due to having a baby but I feel it’s a good time to start getting back into reading them. Unfortunately I don’t have a great place to buy them. So I will have to do some research and visit a few stores again.

Thanks I think I will need it. I’m curious to see if any of the places around here ordered these. Are stores still able to order boxes?

With absolutely no first hand knowledge of this, I would think so? We're still quite a ways out from FCBD, so I guess the question is, are these likely to sell out? Otherwise I'd think you have plenty of time to order one.
Image ImageImage Image

Minyinz610

Postby Minyinz610 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:42 pm

Katers wrote:
Minyinz610 wrote:
Katers wrote:

With absolutely no first hand knowledge of this, I would think so? We're still quite a ways out from FCBD, so I guess the question is, are these likely to sell out? Otherwise I'd think you have plenty of time to order one.

That’s a very valid point. It’s at a higher price point, so you never know what’s going to happen.
ImageImageImage

InternationalPopper

Postby InternationalPopper » Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:48 pm

Funkastian wrote:Just found out my 2 closest shops wont be getting any of them, so I called a 3rd shop a couple towns away and was finally able to find someone who knew about them and let me preorder one. He said he was surprised that so far I was the only one to preorder one from him! I'm anxious to see who is in the box and may have to try for a second Box in my wifes size once we get some leaks!

Glad to hear you found a shop to order for you, congrats :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
- InternationlPopper - :freddy2:

Kal-El-051

Postby Kal-El-051 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:33 pm

My local shop will be getting these in and I plan on picking one up. Hoping for another 80th anniversary pop!

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:05 am

Minyinz610 wrote:
Katers wrote:
Minyinz610 wrote:Thanks I think I will need it. I’m curious to see if any of the places around here ordered these. Are stores still able to order boxes?

That’s a very valid point. It’s at a higher price point, so you never know what’s going to happen.

I think we never know what's going to happen with anything Funko. Half the fun is the challenge!
Image ImageImage Image

Minyinz610

Postby Minyinz610 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:08 pm

Katers wrote:
Minyinz610 wrote:
Katers wrote:

I think we never know what's going to happen with anything Funko. Half the fun is the challenge!

Very true, just like when you pass on an exclusive pop and think you can cheaply buy it later, then come to find out its worth 10x for some bizarre reason.
ImageImageImage

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:28 am

Minyinz610 wrote:
Katers wrote:
Minyinz610 wrote:

Very true, just like when you pass on an exclusive pop and think you can cheaply buy it later, then come to find out its worth 10x for some bizarre reason.

I've thus far missed out on that one, but I have gone the opposite route - bought it, and then the price dropped almost immediately after! ](*,)
Image ImageImage Image

Minyinz610

Postby Minyinz610 » Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:13 pm

Katers wrote:
Minyinz610 wrote:
Katers wrote:

I've thus far missed out on that one, but I have gone the opposite route - bought it, and then the price dropped almost immediately after! ](*,)

Yea, unfortunately that can happen with collectibles. I am very picky on which pops I will spend more than retail. Since we are seeing new molds and rereleases of older pops.
ImageImageImage

StarWarsFunkoGirl

Postby StarWarsFunkoGirl » Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:34 pm

interested to see what pop it will be
https://i.imgur.com/F5eaJ4O.jpg

Started collecting: 2014 | Pop! Star Wars: 758 | Pop! Harry Potter/Fantastic Beast 180 | 290 random pops, minis & pins

thebigdog14

Postby thebigdog14 » Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:31 pm

I want more Deadpool! Always more Deadpool.
SDCC 2014-2019, 2022, 2023
SWC 2019
Funko Fundays 2019, 2022, 2023

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:24 am

Minyinz610 wrote:
Katers wrote:
Minyinz610 wrote:Very true, just like when you pass on an exclusive pop and think you can cheaply buy it later, then come to find out its worth 10x for some bizarre reason.

Yea, unfortunately that can happen with collectibles. I am very picky on which pops I will spend more than retail. Since we are seeing new molds and rereleases of older pops.

I'm not as picky, but I try to chalk it up to the desperation factor. Will I care in a year that I didn't get this one? Or is it just a flash in a pan? I definitely have some buyers regrets! Fewer non-buyers regrets - not sure if that's a good thing!
Image ImageImage Image

Minyinz610

Postby Minyinz610 » Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:33 am

Katers wrote:
Minyinz610 wrote:
Katers wrote:

I'm not as picky, but I try to chalk it up to the desperation factor. Will I care in a year that I didn't get this one? Or is it just a flash in a pan? I definitely have some buyers regrets! Fewer non-buyers regrets - not sure if that's a good thing!

I totally understand and I do the same thing. I have many impulse buys, but also regret not buying some when I had the chance. But I chalk this up to the sport of collecting.
ImageImageImage

jkcohen626

Postby jkcohen626 » Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:03 pm

I'm excited to see what's in this box! Hopefully some good stuff!
Image Image Image Image
First Funko Product: Captain Rex Wobbler
First POP: Deadpool

PaleRiderOfDoom

Postby PaleRiderOfDoom » Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:39 pm

Let's see what is going to be in it already!!! LOL
ImageImageImageImage
Patrick from Central KY - Admin for The Kentucky Funko League of Awesomeness
Proto wants: Fallout keychains and Vynls, Dr. Doom (Pops or Minis)

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Mar 02, 2020 2:45 am

Minyinz610 wrote:
Katers wrote:
Minyinz610 wrote:Yea, unfortunately that can happen with collectibles. I am very picky on which pops I will spend more than retail. Since we are seeing new molds and rereleases of older pops.

I totally understand and I do the same thing. I have many impulse buys, but also regret not buying some when I had the chance. But I chalk this up to the sport of collecting.

So true! And isn't this box just a prime example of our collecting - we never know what's going to happen and what we'll go home with!
Image ImageImage Image

Minyinz610

Postby Minyinz610 » Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:49 pm

Katers wrote:
Minyinz610 wrote:
Katers wrote:

So true! And isn't this box just a prime example of our collecting - we never know what's going to happen and what we'll go home with!

Exactly, most people are still going to blindly buy this and be very content.
ImageImageImage

SuMo

Postby SuMo » Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:35 pm

Katers wrote:
Minyinz610 wrote:
Katers wrote:

I'm hoping there be some available on FCBD.

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:59 am

Minyinz610 wrote:
Katers wrote:
Minyinz610 wrote:

I can't wait for it, and know that I'll love it no matter what!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:00 am

SuMo wrote:
Katers wrote:
Minyinz610 wrote:Thanks I think I will need it. I’m curious to see if any of the places around here ordered these. Are stores still able to order boxes?

I'm hoping there be some available on FCBD.

My comic book dealer said he's happy to order extras if anyone can't find them locally! lol
Image ImageImage Image

franzsy0519

Postby franzsy0519 » Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:37 pm

I think most comic shops might play it safe with this box. I saw one shop had a deadline for pre-ordering, and they might only bring in exactly how many people pre-ordered. Not much extras because of fear of the Mystery Box getting stuck on shelves (like say if the Pop doesn't turn out to be as good as we thought).
Funko Funatic Philippines since Oct. 2013 \:D/

RichCo

Postby RichCo » Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:52 pm

anyway to pre-order one online?
Attended
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
Funkon 2021
NYCC Fright Night 2022
Camp Fundays

Proud Funatic since 2012!
:freddy2:

Image Image Image Image

SuMo

Postby SuMo » Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:14 pm

Good question. I'm curious to know if there is a place to order online, or if we have to go into our LCBS to do a pre-order.
ImageImage
ImageImage

TakeMeToTheRiot

Postby TakeMeToTheRiot » Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:17 pm

RichCo wrote:anyway to pre-order one online?

I haven’t seen any yet. I wouldn’t be surprised if these end up somewhere online closer to the release
INSTA TakeMeToTheRiot99

ISO: The Office Protos!!!

methodsmadness

Postby methodsmadness » Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:04 pm

It is interesting hearing the different reports from various comic shops - lots of preorders/no preorders/ordered extras/no extras ordered...

But any way you slice it I can't wait to see this box!!
Keep the MOTU line coming! :cherry:
Image Image Image Image Image

Minyinz610

Postby Minyinz610 » Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:59 pm

Katers wrote:
Minyinz610 wrote:
Katers wrote:

I can't wait for it, and know that I'll love it no matter what!

I totally agree, I am buying it most for the comic book cover. I really love the Funko inspired covers.
ImageImageImage

SuMo

Postby SuMo » Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:46 pm

I hope the LCBS don't upsell too much like they've done with other FCBD exclusives.

PaleRiderOfDoom

Postby PaleRiderOfDoom » Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:51 am

methodsmadness wrote:It is interesting hearing the different reports from various comic shops - lots of preorders/no preorders/ordered extras/no extras ordered...

But any way you slice it I can't wait to see this box!!

No doubt. LOL
ImageImageImageImage

volsspongebob

Postby volsspongebob » Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:01 am

RichCo wrote:anyway to pre-order one online?

I havent done in research but there are lots of big shops like Midtown Comics with online presences as well that may have a way to pre-order one.
Love to Collect the 80s stuff. Also chasing the OG Rocky Set. First Funko Purchase was 2012 SDCC.

MISSING FUNDAYS ON A DAILY BASIS!!

[size=85]Image

BRiley0216

Postby BRiley0216 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:32 pm

Any leaks yet?

PaleRiderOfDoom

Postby PaleRiderOfDoom » Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:02 pm

BRiley0216 wrote:Any leaks yet?

They are supposed to reveal them this month. I am guessing the plan was to do it at ECCC.
ImageImageImageImage

BRiley0216

Postby BRiley0216 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:01 am

PaleRiderOfDoom wrote:

They are supposed to reveal them this month. I am guessing the plan was to do it at ECCC.

Ah, I guess I'll wait then

TakeMeToTheRiot

Postby TakeMeToTheRiot » Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:00 am

BRiley0216 wrote:
PaleRiderOfDoom wrote:

The suspense on this one is killing me! Hopefully they show it soon!
INSTA TakeMeToTheRiot99

PaleRiderOfDoom

Postby PaleRiderOfDoom » Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:47 am

TakeMeToTheRiot wrote:
BRiley0216 wrote:
PaleRiderOfDoom wrote:They are supposed to reveal them this month. I am guessing the plan was to do it at ECCC.

Come on Funko!!! LOL
ImageImageImageImage

BRiley0216

Postby BRiley0216 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:52 am

TakeMeToTheRiot wrote:
BRiley0216 wrote:
PaleRiderOfDoom wrote:They are supposed to reveal them this month. I am guessing the plan was to do it at ECCC.

Yeah I'm always excited for a new marvel pop

PaleRiderOfDoom

Postby PaleRiderOfDoom » Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:58 am

BRiley0216 wrote:
TakeMeToTheRiot wrote:
BRiley0216 wrote:Ah, I guess I'll wait then

I just really hope it is someone brand new, or at least the non-movie version of someone.
ImageImageImageImage

TakeMeToTheRiot

Postby TakeMeToTheRiot » Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:08 pm

PaleRiderOfDoom wrote:
BRiley0216 wrote:
TakeMeToTheRiot wrote:

I just really hope it is someone brand new, or at least the non-movie version of someone.

I agree, new characters would be amaze!
INSTA TakeMeToTheRiot99

Return to “Powered by Funko”