Favorite Odd Item in a Subscription Box

Get a subscription to happiness and talk all about it here. These are the ultimate Boxes of Fun.
Katers

Re: Favorite Odd Item in a Subscription Box

Postby Katers » Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:44 pm

AleX-Men wrote:Never quite understood the Deadpool chimichanga truck piece in the Collector corps. Still an interesting piece nonetheless.

I mean, I understand what they intended us to use it for. What I really use it for though is to hold my sponges at the sink! It works really well, and gives me a smile when I'm doing dishes, which is nice since I hate doing dishes!
Image ImageImage Image

AleX-Men

Postby AleX-Men » Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:01 am

Katers wrote:
AleX-Men wrote:Never quite understood the Deadpool chimichanga truck piece in the Collector corps. Still an interesting piece nonetheless.

I mean, I understand what they intended us to use it for. What I really use it for though is to hold my sponges at the sink! It works really well, and gives me a smile when I'm doing dishes, which is nice since I hate doing dishes!

I never thought it could be used for that! Your genius lol
Hi, I'm Alex. I started collecting Funko in 2016, and love Wacky Wobblers, Hikari, Pop!, and Spastik Plastik! I love superheroes, basketball, collecting, drawing, and having fun. I also love attending conventions like E3, LACC, and DesignerCon.

digithor

Postby digithor » Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:36 am

Katers wrote:

Good use of that truck there. haha
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:21 am

AleX-Men wrote:
Katers wrote:

Thank you, thank you! \:D/ Every now and then I have a good idea! Though in all fairness, I'm not sure it was originally my idea, it was so long ago now!

lol I don't use the toothpick holders to hold toothpicks, for the record!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:22 am

digithor wrote:
Katers wrote:

Well, the tacos were never going to last long enough to go into the truck to hold them! lol
Image ImageImage Image

digithor

Postby digithor » Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:54 am

Katers wrote:
digithor wrote:
Katers wrote:

Well, the tacos were never going to last long enough to go into the truck to hold them! lol

I hear you there, I haven't had tacos in a while and I know they don't last at all after being made.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

OffTheCHENG

Postby OffTheCHENG » Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:20 am

My favorite odd item in a subscription box was from the Star Wars Bounty Hunters boxes. It was a Star Wars luggage tag. I was easily able to identify my black Samsonite luggage in the carousel lol
Image ImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

AleX-Men

Postby AleX-Men » Tue Dec 29, 2020 2:34 pm

Katers wrote:
AleX-Men wrote:
Katers wrote:

Thank you, thank you! \:D/ Every now and then I have a good idea! Though in all fairness, I'm not sure it was originally my idea, it was so long ago now!

Well played! :roflmao:
Hi, I'm Alex. I started collecting Funko in 2016, and love Wacky Wobblers, Hikari, Pop!, and Spastik Plastik! I love superheroes, basketball, collecting, drawing, and having fun. I also love attending conventions like E3, LACC, and DesignerCon.

muscleheadfunkopop

Postby muscleheadfunkopop » Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:25 pm

My favorite box is still the MCC Ant-Man box. The pop is still one of my favorites. The YEAR ONE box was cool too, but I just liked the Ant-Man Dorbz that was in it.
Funko Funatic Shoutouts! #9
Fundays 2014◇2015◇2016◇2017◇2018◇2019◇2021V◇2022◇2023
FDO6 SF◇FDO7 Sackanda & LA◇FDO8 SF◇FDO9 Sackanda
Fright Night◇HQ Grand Opening◇Making Fun Movie Premiere◇FunKon Hollywood◇Fright Night II

Instagram: @muscleheadfunkopop #SODAWasted
Facebook: Iz Salazar

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:40 am

digithor wrote:
Katers wrote:
digithor wrote:

I hear you there, I haven't had tacos in a while and I know they don't last at all after being made.

Just in case the length of survival time for a taco wasn't enough of an argument here - these only really work with hard shell tacos! That was never going to happen! lol
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:44 am

AleX-Men wrote:
Katers wrote:
AleX-Men wrote:

Well played! :roflmao:

\:D/ Thank you, thank you...!

This might need to be another thread - what item in a subscription box do you NOT use in the method it was intended / marketed? lol
Image ImageImage Image

Tusken

Postby Tusken » Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:55 pm

One of my favorite odd item or in this case items was the Guardians of the Galaxy box that had a ornament set with Rocket/Groot and the scarf of the gang. :freddy3:
Hi I'm Tusken.
Top Fan Badge of Funko, Funko Europe, Funko (Hollywood), Funko Games, Funko Blitz
Funko Winner of Danger Mouse 2021 - Twitter
Image Image Image Image

PaleRiderOfDoom

Postby PaleRiderOfDoom » Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:46 am

Katers wrote:
PaleRiderOfDoom wrote:We all know that there will be a Pop or two and a maybe a shirt in most of the boxes, but what is your favorite surprise item that you have gotten in one? Mine is the Xavier's School Journal from the X-Men Marvel box. I use it for notes in student/parent/teacher meetings. Wish I had a bunch of them.

lol I think I still have mine, unused! If I do, want it?

I would gladly take it off your hands. LOL
ImageImageImageImage
Patrick from Central KY - Admin for The Kentucky Funko League of Awesomeness
Proto wants: Fallout keychains and Vynls, Dr. Doom (Pops or Minis)

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:48 pm

Tusken wrote:One of my favorite odd item or in this case items was the Guardians of the Galaxy box that had a ornament set with Rocket/Groot and the scarf of the gang. :freddy3:

i just found my scarf in my closet this weekend! lol still one of the oddest yet coolest items to date :cheers:

muscleheadfunkopop

Postby muscleheadfunkopop » Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:13 pm

I also the the Pop! hats. I still rock the Spidey & Joker hat here and there.
Fright Night◇HQ Grand Opening◇Making Fun Movie Premiere◇FunKon Hollywood◇Fright Night II

Vinyl4Blood

Postby Vinyl4Blood » Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:36 pm

Not really an odd item, but one of my faves.... an old sub box... hmmm... loot crate I think.
It came with my very first mystery mini figure.... Captain Malcolm Reynolds from Serenity.
Hated the blank white eyes, so the first thing I did was draw pupils on him. lol
He still sits on my desk to this very day.
-They call me... Wes (AKA ScrappyMosier on Twitter & Vinyl4Blood on IG)
"OMG.. I need that"
Pop Grail wish list: Freddy Stark Pop and Comic Con 2009 "Big Fred" wobbler, Camp Fundays Freddy as Spartan. Any condition.

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:09 am

PaleRiderOfDoom wrote:
Katers wrote:
PaleRiderOfDoom wrote:We all know that there will be a Pop or two and a maybe a shirt in most of the boxes, but what is your favorite surprise item that you have gotten in one? Mine is the Xavier's School Journal from the X-Men Marvel box. I use it for notes in student/parent/teacher meetings. Wish I had a bunch of them.

lol I think I still have mine, unused! If I do, want it?

I would gladly take it off your hands. LOL

I do indeed still have it! Send me a PM, we'll arrange it, glad for it to go to a good home!
Image ImageImage Image

Tusken

Postby Tusken » Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:08 pm

mongoose12 wrote:
Tusken wrote:One of my favorite odd item or in this case items was the Guardians of the Galaxy box that had a ornament set with Rocket/Groot and the scarf of the gang. :freddy3:

i just found my scarf in my closet this weekend! lol still one of the oddest yet coolest items to date :cheers:

What perfect timing too as we are in the winter months. Now we just need some mask and gloves to match. :freddy3:
Hi I'm Tusken.
Top Fan Badge of Funko, Funko Europe, Funko (Hollywood), Funko Games, Funko Blitz
Funko Winner of Danger Mouse 2021 - Twitter
Image Image Image Image

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:07 pm

muscleheadfunkopop wrote:I also the the Pop! hats. I still rock the Spidey & Joker hat here and there.

The hats were all time greats, my spider hat looks beat up since I’ve worn it so often lol

muscleheadfunkopop

Postby muscleheadfunkopop » Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:44 pm

mongoose12 wrote:
muscleheadfunkopop wrote:I also the the Pop! hats. I still rock the Spidey & Joker hat here and there.

The hats were all time greats, my spider hat looks beat up since I’ve worn it so often lol

I'm surprised we didn't get more releases. I hope they bring them back sooner than later.

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Sun Feb 12, 2023 3:25 pm

muscleheadfunkopop wrote:
mongoose12 wrote:

I'm surprised we didn't get more releases. I hope they bring them back sooner than later.

Agreed. I love Funko hats in general. Interesting thing is that we barely get to see any newer hats at all. :-k
Image Image
ImageImage

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Sun Feb 12, 2023 5:06 pm

DrunkoPop wrote:
muscleheadfunkopop wrote:
mongoose12 wrote:

Agreed. I love Funko hats in general. Interesting thing is that we barely get to see any newer hats at all. :-k

Wow, what an old thread…

[-( [-( [-(

renardchua
Collector Of The Year
Collector Of The Year

Postby renardchua » Wed Feb 15, 2023 1:30 pm

mongoose12 wrote:Wow, what an old thread…

[-( [-( [-(

Hi, I’m Renard. :freddy3:
Instagram: @renardchua

Dv8sian

Postby Dv8sian » Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:41 am

My favorite was the first GoTG mystery box. I wore the heck out of my Starlord shirt. Im not a big dorbz fan but I still rock my Starlord and Milano ride on my desk!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Joker3346

Postby Joker3346 » Fri Apr 07, 2023 9:29 am

I have a zombie gambit pin from the marvel zombie box and I love that thing. The random stuff that comes in the boxes is usually my favorite part.

nathan_bakken

Postby nathan_bakken » Mon Apr 10, 2023 11:06 pm

I like the pins that come in the Marvel boxes!
Fright Night 2022
instagram: nathan.bakken

OffTheCHENG

Postby OffTheCHENG » Mon Apr 10, 2023 11:37 pm

Mine was the luggage tags from the Star Wars Smuggler's Bounty Subscription before they canned it. I loved using it because I knew exactly which black Samsonite luggage was mine lol Too bad it got stolen :-({|=
Image ImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

PaleRiderOfDoom

Postby PaleRiderOfDoom » Tue Apr 11, 2023 12:03 pm

OffTheCHENG wrote:

Mine was the luggage tags from the Star Wars Smuggler's Bounty Subscription before they canned it. I loved using it because I knew exactly which black Samsonite luggage was mine lol Too bad it got stolen :-({|=

Oh no! That sooooo sucks. I miss the Star Wars box too.
ImageImageImageImage

OffTheCHENG

Postby OffTheCHENG » Tue Apr 11, 2023 12:38 pm

PaleRiderOfDoom wrote:
OffTheCHENG wrote:

Oh no! That sooooo sucks. I miss the Star Wars box too.

Same here! I loved the Smuggler's bounty Subscription and still have all my items from it. Even the Salt and Pepper shakers lol
Image ImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Tue Apr 11, 2023 12:50 pm

I posted this on page 1, but the Hulk stress Dorbz is still the greatest item ever.
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

PaleRiderOfDoom

Postby PaleRiderOfDoom » Tue Apr 11, 2023 1:13 pm

CaseyJones14 wrote:I posted this on page 1, but the Hulk stress Dorbz is still the greatest item ever.

You are not wrong. LOL
ImageImageImageImage

pberickp

Postby pberickp » Tue Apr 11, 2023 8:04 pm

I still use the taco holders from the Deadpool box to this day.
Hi, my name is Erick. I live in San Diego and I love Spastik Plastik.
ISO: Luther (glow), metallic green Sam, Pulpos from SDCC Funko Supermarket, & any T-Bone other than blue and red.
SDCC 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021, 2022
ImageImage

Return to “Powered by Funko”