MCC May: Black Widow

Get a subscription to happiness and talk all about it here. These are the ultimate Boxes of Fun.
jkcohen626

MCC May: Black Widow

Postby jkcohen626 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:25 pm

The next Marvel Collector Corps box closes May 28 and is Black Widow themed!

I'm 100% expecting a Melina POP! in this box! Not sure about anything else!
Image Image Image Image
First Funko Product: Captain Rex Wobbler
First POP: Deadpool

methodsmadness

Re: MCC May: Black Widow

Postby methodsmadness » Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:16 pm

Nice!!
Keep the MOTU line coming! :cherry:
Image Image Image Image Image

lavery01
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby lavery01 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:28 pm

Can’t wait to see the contents, hope it has a pair of socks in it though. The socks that I have gotten from mystery boxes are awesome and of good quality. lol
Hi I'm Latricia \:D/

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:21 am

I'm so glad they didn't push this box, I am really looking forward to it! Hoping for a fabulous shirt to wear to the movie! Only downside is the chance of spoilers in this box, but it's a chance I'm very willing to take!
Image ImageImage Image

Dbactor

Postby Dbactor » Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:08 am

Perfect! If i snag this I’m gonna need a cool Crimson Defender item, maybe a patch?

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:33 am

Hope we get a cool tee with BW and taskmaster!

jkcohen626

Postby jkcohen626 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:14 pm

Katers wrote:I'm so glad they didn't push this box, I am really looking forward to it! Hoping for a fabulous shirt to wear to the movie! Only downside is the chance of spoilers in this box, but it's a chance I'm very willing to take!

Right, like the Endgame Box. However, I don't feel like this movie could be possibly be spoiled in the way that the Endgame box spoiled Endgame. It just feels more straightforward than that.
Image Image Image Image

Chernabog

Postby Chernabog » Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:56 pm

Katers wrote:I'm so glad they didn't push this box, I am really looking forward to it! Hoping for a fabulous shirt to wear to the movie! Only downside is the chance of spoilers in this box, but it's a chance I'm very willing to take!

Hoping that it isn't the case but I'm sure they'd push it if they knew there'd be spoilers

Stat32111

Postby Stat32111 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:26 pm

Nice hoping for an awesome tee!
Instagram- calebshiny

funko_gtx91

Postby funko_gtx91 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:34 pm

They’re probably be a black widow Pop or who knows maybe maskless red guardian

scullysdad

Postby scullysdad » Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:27 pm

funko_gtx91 wrote:They’re probably be a black widow Pop or who knows maybe maskless red guardian

I am hoping for an unmasked Red Guardian, too. I want to get a Red Guardian POP signed by David Harbour, that would be perfect.
Please Funko make Taylor Swift Pops!

Most wanted non-Taylor Pops: Carson Teva, Naru from Prey, The Last of Us TV show

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:47 pm

jkcohen626 wrote:

Right, like the Endgame Box. However, I don't feel like this movie could be possibly be spoiled in the way that the Endgame box spoiled Endgame. It just feels more straightforward than that.

I don't think anything could be spoiled on the level of Endgame. I do think they'll give us some twists and turns because that's what they do. I usually try to really hard to avoid spoilers for Marvel movies because I just want to enjoy the experience. But no way will I hold out on opening this box until the reschedule for the movie! On the bright side though, I don't know much about Black Widow's backstory so almost everything will be new to me no matter what.
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:49 pm

Chernabog wrote:

Hoping that it isn't the case but I'm sure they'd push it if they knew there'd be spoilers

They might not be able to right now with things shutting down left and right. I do agree thought that if it had a major spoiler, they'd have to put it off. Glad they aren't!
Image ImageImage Image

Dbactor

Postby Dbactor » Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:02 am

Chernabog wrote:

I think the only spoilers could really be new character intros, right? Like secret characters. Because we kind of know where this ends, and we also know about upcoming slate stuff...so unless they have some big character reveals I’m just expecting a cool movie.

stayf3d

Postby stayf3d » Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:38 am

funko_gtx91 wrote:They’re probably be a black widow Pop or who knows maybe maskless red guardian

A maskless Red Guardian would be pretty dope, hope it happens
:freddy3:

Wondercon & SDCC since 2011
ISO: Lost & Game of Thrones Protos

franzsy0519

Postby franzsy0519 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:19 am

Possibly a Black Widow variant with a Melina as the secondary Pop. Then a cool shirt to top it off. The past few boxes have all been that way, two Pops and a tee.
Funko Funatic Philippines since Oct. 2013 \:D/

blade2025

Postby blade2025 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:36 am

Thanks for the info. Looking forward to this box.
I'm Matson.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney

lazcommalisa
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby lazcommalisa » Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:13 pm

Dbactor wrote:
Chernabog wrote:

I think the only spoilers could really be new character intros, right? Like secret characters. Because we kind of know where this ends, and we also know about upcoming slate stuff...so unless they have some big character reveals I’m just expecting a cool movie.

Or maybe a spoiler could be a mask less taskmaster?
:freddy2:
~Lisa

IG: itallstartedwitha_pop
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

jkcohen626

Postby jkcohen626 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:03 pm

franzsy0519 wrote:Possibly a Black Widow variant with a Melina as the secondary Pop. Then a cool shirt to top it off. The past few boxes have all been that way, two Pops and a tee.

That's what I would hope for! The only thing that would make me not want that would be Mystery Minis.
Image Image Image Image

Dbactor

Postby Dbactor » Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:34 pm

lazcommalisa wrote:
Dbactor wrote:
Chernabog wrote:

I suppose that could be it, not sure if i count that as a total spoiler but it i can see how it could be for people.

funko_gtx91

Postby funko_gtx91 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:07 pm

Dbactor wrote:
Chernabog wrote:

We definitely need an amazing shirt and some awesome pops like maskless red guardian

Dbactor

Postby Dbactor » Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:54 pm

funko_gtx91 wrote:
Dbactor wrote:
Chernabog wrote:

We definitely need an amazing shirt and some awesome pops like maskless red guardian

T-shirt would be awesome of course. But what about something more....relevant? A Taskmaster hoodie? A widow bracelet of some sort?

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:56 am

Dbactor wrote:
Chernabog wrote:

Well, we think we know where it ends. Anything is possible thanks to comic book science, right? I always expect to come out at least partially mind blown..! They've spoiled me now!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:58 am

lazcommalisa wrote:
Dbactor wrote:
Chernabog wrote:

Or maybe comic book taskmaster? Full disclosure of not really knowing anything about the character, but was he the one people didn't love the mask for?
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:59 am

jkcohen626 wrote:
franzsy0519 wrote:Possibly a Black Widow variant with a Melina as the secondary Pop. Then a cool shirt to top it off. The past few boxes have all been that way, two Pops and a tee.

That's what I would hope for! The only thing that would make me not want that would be Mystery Minis.

I both want and dread mystery minis for this set. If there any some, I would LOVE it if we got a MCC exclusive mini!
Image ImageImage Image

Dbactor

Postby Dbactor » Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:03 am

Katers wrote:
Dbactor wrote:
Chernabog wrote:

Well, we think we know where it ends. Anything is possible thanks to comic book science, right? I always expect to come out at least partially mind blown..! They've spoiled me now!

I guess with the Spiderman credit scene we could be in for a few different outcomes...

lazcommalisa
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby lazcommalisa » Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:14 pm

Katers wrote:
lazcommalisa wrote:
Dbactor wrote:

Or maybe comic book taskmaster? Full disclosure of not really knowing anything about the character, but was he the one people didn't love the mask for?

Walgreens released a comic taskmaster in 2016 or 2017. I don't know too much about the character either but I've been paying very close attention Black Widow since the release is so up in the air at the moment.
~Lisa

Dbactor

Postby Dbactor » Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:59 pm

lazcommalisa wrote:
Katers wrote:
lazcommalisa wrote:

Walgreens released a comic taskmaster in 2016 or 2017. I don't know too much about the character either but I've been paying very close attention Black Widow since the release is so up in the air at the moment.

I had that one for a bit, didn’t really know the character at the time, it was just cool looking.

Boymom4

Postby Boymom4 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:17 pm

I'm looking forward to this box. I have the subscription and never cancel. Some boxes I obviously like better than others, but either way it's something new for the collection so I'm happy.

funko_gtx91

Postby funko_gtx91 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:32 pm

Dbactor wrote:
funko_gtx91 wrote:
Dbactor wrote:

T-shirt would be awesome of course. But what about something more....relevant? A Taskmaster hoodie? A widow bracelet of some sort?

I like the idea of a taskmaster hoodie that would be a great idea

PhoenixForce

Postby PhoenixForce » Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:01 am

I would LOVE a classic 90s Black Widow in gray costume, short hair and brown jacket!!

Hi, I'm JASON!
You can follow me on Instagram: @jpg_rising or on Twitter: @jpg_rising
I also have an Instagram just for my Funko Photography: @PhoenixForcePhotos
I've been collecting since 2013: It started with Marvel and quickly became a collection of, a little bit of everything in between!

Dbactor

Postby Dbactor » Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:34 am

funko_gtx91 wrote:
Dbactor wrote:
funko_gtx91 wrote:

I like the idea of a taskmaster hoodie that would be a great idea

Definitely would be huge for the box though. I think it would be a great change up from tees though.

renardchua
Collector Of The Year
Collector Of The Year

Postby renardchua » Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:23 pm

I just realized, this MCC Black Widow box would probably be a big spoiler given that the theatrical release for BW was pushed back. lol lol
Hi, I’m Renard. :freddy3:
Instagram: @renardchua

jkcohen626

Postby jkcohen626 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:42 pm

renardchua wrote:I just realized, this MCC Black Widow box would probably be a big spoiler given that the theatrical release for BW was pushed back. lol lol

We were talking about that earlier in this thread. Personally, I really don't think it'll be that bad. I'm sure that there are a lot of plot spoilers. It's a spy movie, so there's naturally going to be a lot of twists and turns. But, the only character spoiler I could really think of was an unmasked taskmaster. And, honestly, there's one character who I'm 99% sure is Taskmaster.

SO, as long as it's not a movie moment, I'm guessing we'll be fine.
Image Image Image Image

lazcommalisa
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby lazcommalisa » Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:58 pm

Dbactor wrote:
lazcommalisa wrote:
Katers wrote:

I had that one for a bit, didn’t really know the character at the time, it was just cool looking.

Same here. Just got it since it was such a neat marvel character.
~Lisa

Dbactor

Postby Dbactor » Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:48 pm

lazcommalisa wrote:
Dbactor wrote:
lazcommalisa wrote:

Same here. Just got it since it was such a neat marvel character.

Very unique style for sure, but the character’s story and all is more interesting as i get to know about it.

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:40 am

Dbactor wrote:
Katers wrote:
Dbactor wrote:

I guess with the Spiderman credit scene we could be in for a few different outcomes...

I feel like anything is possible at this point! I think what happens depends on a couple of things, like whether Scarlet is ready to be done, where the MCU is going, stuff like that. I think no matter what, we're in for a wild ride!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:53 am

lazcommalisa wrote:
Katers wrote:
lazcommalisa wrote:

Good thing I threw in that disclosure! lol So that's probably out...which leaves me back to no clue what's coming for us! Yay cool surprises!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:10 am

PhoenixForce wrote:I would LOVE a classic 90s Black Widow in gray costume, short hair and brown jacket!!

Ooohhhh...that would be excellent! Good call!
Image ImageImage Image

Dbactor

Postby Dbactor » Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:38 am

Katers wrote:
PhoenixForce wrote:I would LOVE a classic 90s Black Widow in gray costume, short hair and brown jacket!!

Ooohhhh...that would be excellent! Good call!

Hopefully there’s a nod in the movie to it.

Return to “Powered by Funko”