Idea on a new type of soda!

Included with each SODA can is a 4.25” vinyl figure and a collectible disc both with a 1 in 6 chase variant!
NCDS

Re: Idea on a new type of soda!

Postby NCDS » Tue May 30, 2023 10:41 am

Katers wrote:
DarkSonic wrote:
NCDS wrote:

Which now makes me want lots and lots of Ted Lasso sodas.

the two/four we have is not enough! need them all!

Our lives are incomplete without Danny. And the whole team. Futbol is life!

Though I don't think I need any of this particular line in die cast. If I had to pick one though... Rebecca. Her arms are already made of steel! lol

That is fair I don't need them in diecast either. Maybe they just make Rebbeca's arms look like steel?
ISO Pockets Snapsie
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

FFADDICT

Postby FFADDICT » Tue May 30, 2023 11:20 am

Ironfish242 wrote:
lilbologna wrote:
Dave17251 wrote:READ MY MIND. I'm surprised we have actual soda based funko pops instead of the soda figures. Personally would take Dr Pepper soda can lol

ha i agree! feels like they should have soda soda figures and maybe bring back cereal cereal figures! mail in box tops again lol

Now the cereal is something I could get in board with! Im just not a fan of the diecast

I've purchased one die cast and I am not liking it myself and I am glad I have not had the urge to buy anymore lol

HockeyDad

Postby HockeyDad » Tue May 30, 2023 11:23 am

NCDS wrote:
Katers wrote:
NCDS wrote:
That is a fair question, I am going to start my helmet shopping today. I'm thinking of a Hockey helmet.

Hmmm...hockey definitely should have the advantage over something flying at your head. Should be good for thrown prizes. If it was for Fundays insanity, I'd say go (American) football helmet instead! lol

A little Freddy on the side wearing a helmet also with a picture of a crown in it.

Hockey helmet ... ALWAYS hockey helmet.
I'm Greg. My son is "RSVHockeyDude". We collect Funko products together.
Pop! Count = 3133
Pop! Pez Count = 197
Funko Soda (My New Favorite): 762 different Sodas including Intl Versions
Other Funko Products (Hikari, Vynl, Wobblers, etc) = 87
Proto Count = 14 Pop (Mostly NHL; a little of Battlestar Galactica, Star Wars, Disney, The Simpsons); 4 Soda (NYCC Freddy)

FFADDICT

Postby FFADDICT » Tue May 30, 2023 11:24 am

partner-in-crime wrote:
HockeyDad wrote:
FFADDICT wrote:How about a soda of an actual soda with actual soda in it? I mean I've seen and tasted the bottle soda back in 2017.

I'm all for bringing back the bottles ... although they had a high defect rate, the bottles were awesome and the soda was tasty too!

You so lucky you got to taste one. So what did it taste like, guess what I mean is what soda would you compare it too

Do you remember ever trying a cream soda, like that but a bit sweeter if that makes any sense?

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Tue May 30, 2023 12:11 pm

HockeyDad wrote:
NCDS wrote:
Katers wrote:
Hmmm...hockey definitely should have the advantage over something flying at your head. Should be good for thrown prizes. If it was for Fundays insanity, I'd say go (American) football helmet instead! lol

A little Freddy on the side wearing a helmet also with a picture of a crown in it.

That was my thought, those pucks have to be similar to a die-cast soda hitting your head.
ISO Pockets Snapsie
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed May 31, 2023 2:30 am

NCDS wrote:
Katers wrote:
DarkSonic wrote:the two/four we have is not enough! need them all!

Our lives are incomplete without Danny. And the whole team. Futbol is life!

Though I don't think I need any of this particular line in die cast. If I had to pick one though... Rebecca. Her arms are already made of steel! lol

That is fair I don't need them in diecast either. Maybe they just make Rebbeca's arms look like steel?

They could be the color of her actual skin and they'll still look like they're made of steel. Colossus from X-men has NOTHING on her.

But lol , now that I think of it - Colossus or Magneto would make great die cast soda as well!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed May 31, 2023 2:31 am

HockeyDad wrote:
NCDS wrote:
Katers wrote:

Freddy, wearing the hockey helmet, with a Freddy painted on the side, also wearing a hockey helmet with the crown on top of the helmet!
Image ImageImage Image

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Wed May 31, 2023 9:26 am

RedRoo wrote:Now we know soda's come with a fair bit of weight and that's cool and we seen some amazing ones over time.

But here's an idea, Why not Die cast sodas!

while the diecast pops are nice they are a bit to big for casual collecting but i think a Soda would make an awesome diecast type of figure.

Could you imagen a diecast Bobafett made from real metal and shiny as heck.

You know what, I can’t stand die cast pops!!! Now thinking about it, this may work. I’m starting to picture it. :idea:
Image Image
ImageImage

lilbologna

Postby lilbologna » Wed May 31, 2023 11:10 am

funkopopfanatic wrote:
lilbologna wrote:ha i agree! feels like they should have soda soda figures and maybe bring back cereal cereal figures! mail in box tops again lol

Your comment just reminded me that I have a box of funko cereal in my funko room :eek: :eek:

prize inside? lol
:freddy1:
ImageImageImage

RedRoo

Postby RedRoo » Wed May 31, 2023 12:02 pm

DrunkoPop wrote:
RedRoo wrote:Now we know soda's come with a fair bit of weight and that's cool and we seen some amazing ones over time.

while the diecast pops are nice they are a bit to big for casual collecting but i think a Soda would make an awesome diecast type of figure.

You know what, I can’t stand die cast pops!!! Now thinking about it, this may work. I’m starting to picture it. :idea:

its a rare genius idea from me :P
~Guy
TEAM BACON!
"With blood and rage of crimson red,

Ripped from a corpse so freshly dead,

Together with our hellish hate,

We'll burn you all--that is your fate!"

ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Wed May 31, 2023 1:48 pm

RedRoo wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:

its a rare genius idea from me :P

Well I like it your idea and it will stake claim that die cast was meant for sodas rather than pops. :king:
Image Image
ImageImage

plumb102

Postby plumb102 » Wed May 31, 2023 1:52 pm

That would be fantastic to see! The price might jump another $10-15 though?
So it would be awesome if it was a very limited Freddy Funko or something
SDCC 1996-current - Wondercon 2012-current - LACC 2021-current - ECCC '22 - Niagara Falls Con '22 - Designer Con '23
FunKon Hollywood '21 - Pasadena Con 2023-current - FunKon 2 HQ '22 - WonderCon Beach Bash '22 - Funkoville SDCC '22 & '23 -
WonderCon Fun House '23 - Back to the Beginning: Bob's Big Boy Meetup '24 - Comic-Con Revolution '24

Nerdfulthingz

Postby Nerdfulthingz » Wed May 31, 2023 2:58 pm

I like the idea of die cast sodas but I will always want them to do the glass sodas again. I camped in like for 2+ days for the pop up shop in 2017 when they had the glass sodas with soda in them!! Even though we were super close, I think in the first 50, we couldn’t get them because a bunch of them had broken. I saw people carrying them, it was because the cardboard carrier was super flimsy! Maybe some day they could make more or even do a soda fountain theme with real soda!
I just like smiling...smilings my favorite

McMikins

Postby McMikins » Thu Jun 01, 2023 11:20 am

FFADDICT wrote:How about a soda of an actual soda with actual soda in it? I mean I've seen and tasted the bottle soda back in 2017.

I would be down for that. Could even have it as a 4 or 6 pack, but majority of the sodas are actual soda and one is the figure; die-cast or vinyl. That way you get a figure and the soda too.
Image Image Image Image

HockeyDad

Postby HockeyDad » Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:05 pm

Katers wrote:
HockeyDad wrote:
NCDS wrote:

Freddy, wearing the hockey helmet, with a Freddy painted on the side, also wearing a hockey helmet with the crown on top of the helmet!

Yes, I need that!
I'm Greg. My son is "RSVHockeyDude". We collect Funko products together.
Pop! Count = 3133
Pop! Pez Count = 197
Funko Soda (My New Favorite): 762 different Sodas including Intl Versions
Other Funko Products (Hikari, Vynl, Wobblers, etc) = 87
Proto Count = 14 Pop (Mostly NHL; a little of Battlestar Galactica, Star Wars, Disney, The Simpsons); 4 Soda (NYCC Freddy)

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Jun 05, 2023 7:56 pm

HockeyDad wrote:
Katers wrote:
HockeyDad wrote:

Yes, I need that!

Don't we all?

Seriously though...have we had a Freddy hockey player yet? I know we've had him in soda form as a baseball player, and other sports in pop, but I don't remember hockey?
Last edited by Katers on Wed Jul 05, 2023 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image ImageImage Image

partner-in-crime

Postby partner-in-crime » Tue Jun 06, 2023 12:50 am

FFADDICT wrote:
partner-in-crime wrote:
HockeyDad wrote:I'm all for bringing back the bottles ... although they had a high defect rate, the bottles were awesome and the soda was tasty too!

You so lucky you got to taste one. So what did it taste like, guess what I mean is what soda would you compare it too

Do you remember ever trying a cream soda, like that but a bit sweeter if that makes any sense?

I do remember cream soda, think A&W still produce it, but I was never overly fond of it, but thanks for letting me know.
Hello funatics, I'm Alana and I love collecting dragon pops.

FUNDAYS 2016, 2018, 2019, 2022
FDO LA 8
World Premiere Making Fun
FUNKO Hollywood Grand Opening
[color=#FF8000]Mask O Raid 2022[/color]

thejosh2010
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Postby thejosh2010 » Mon Jul 03, 2023 11:16 pm

Katers wrote:
HockeyDad wrote:
Katers wrote:

Yes, I need that!

Don't we all?

Seriously though...have we had a Freddy soccer player yet? I know we've had him in soda form as a baseball player, and other sports in pop, but I don't remember hockey?

Now I’m all for more event and sports Freddy’s, but it would be especially cool to get a bowler pop version to go with the old school wobbler versions!! :drunken:
COTM 01/18
HALL OF FAME 2020 #79
IG: THEJOSH2010
Funko LOVE in the Heart of the Appalachia

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Jul 05, 2023 2:11 am

thejosh2010 wrote:
Katers wrote:
HockeyDad wrote:
Yes, I need that!

Don't we all?

Seriously though...have we had a Freddy hockey player yet? I know we've had him in soda form as a baseball player, and other sports in pop, but I don't remember hockey?

Now I’m all for more event and sports Freddy’s, but it would be especially cool to get a bowler pop version to go with the old school wobbler versions!! :drunken:

An old school wobbler would be perfect for a Freddy bowler pop. Though the Freddy I'm not picturing looks remarkably like the Moobies Freddy, just in wobbler form. lol
Image ImageImage Image

Return to “Soda”