What's so great about Soda?

Included with each SODA can is a 4.25” vinyl figure and a collectible disc both with a 1 in 6 chase variant!
The Bleach Fan

Re: What's so great about Soda?

Postby The Bleach Fan » Thu May 02, 2024 7:00 pm

Lakerfan75 wrote:
RobertFB6SI wrote:
The Bleach Fan wrote:Hi Everyone, I just started thinking about getting into soda. From the pros standpoint. What makes Soda pops special to you? Does it make the sound of opening a fresh cold soda when you open the can? Is it the feeling of reminiscing of times past? What is it? Do share?

Love the fact that the Sodas vinyl's come sealed outer pack & inner, and with plenty of packing material, so not a lot chance of damage. It is very rare that I see damage, I maybe have gotten 1 soda where the can was dented , but the vinyl itself is still in great condition.

I think this is the biggest benefit for Sodas, I love how the figures are pretty much always undamaged.

I think I like this benefit as well. I am sure almost everyone has received a damaged item and the can is a great way to see the damage right away. Nice

The Bleach Fan

Postby The Bleach Fan » Thu May 02, 2024 7:03 pm

Kenshin21 wrote:I'm not the biggest fan of the the way sodas look. But I like that almost all of them have a piece count to them. Also as a primary 4" collector, the space required is much less. Collectability is much higher as just about all have a chase version

Great point. It is nice to have a higher possibilities of a chase.

The Bleach Fan

Postby The Bleach Fan » Thu May 02, 2024 7:14 pm

Hopesdenial wrote:It's nice because it's a mystery and you have a chance at chance. I also like the cans that they come in.

That is a cool reason as the mystery seems like a great part of the experience of opening the soda.

Jalvarez

Postby Jalvarez » Thu May 02, 2024 10:25 pm

The Bleach Fan wrote:
Jalvarez wrote:
dork_knight wrote:
I also enjoy the thrill of checking if I pulled a chase without looking at the pog. Something I'm all too familiar with with the Ramona Flowers and Halloween Freddy LOL

I'm glad we got a con exclusive Jiminy for C2E2. I was almost nervous since we haven't seen many Sodas come out this year.

It si true a few Sodas released this year. I still need a Meg to be with Hercules.

I noticed you both mentioned a pog. I remember what pogs are from the 90's/2000's but what does it mean with the soda?

For me is Like a Card with details of it. And remembers the 90's. I think the first ad was based on the 90's.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023 → 2024
WonderCon 2019, 2022, 2023 → 2024
Fred Project Release Party
D23 Expo →2024
Fundays → Here We Go

Pops: 120 Sodas:10 Signed Pops 40 Signed Sodas: 5

singerjared21

Postby singerjared21 » Thu May 02, 2024 10:52 pm

I like the chase ideas how they’re all different front each other.

HockeyDad

Postby HockeyDad » Fri May 03, 2024 1:46 am

For us, it's all about the art of the can and the thrill of the chase!
I'm Greg. My son is "RSVHockeyDude". We collect Funko products together.
Pop! Count = 3133
Pop! Pez Count = 197
Funko Soda (My New Favorite): 762 different Sodas including Intl Versions
Other Funko Products (Hikari, Vynl, Wobblers, etc) = 87
Proto Count = 14 Pop (Mostly NHL; a little of Battlestar Galactica, Star Wars, Disney, The Simpsons); 4 Soda (NYCC Freddy)

kmandude92

Postby kmandude92 » Fri May 03, 2024 12:32 pm

I'm not crazy about the Sodas unless it's a really unique chase or a super limited count, personally
Stay Lit, Y'all :-({|=
ISO:
Ezio 21 (looking for all versions - grey outfit, black outfit, blue outfit)
Logan 28 (Box Only - I have the non-bobblehead Pop itself)
Peter Parker 34 (Box Only - I have the Pop itself)
God Loki

funkoldblooded

Postby funkoldblooded » Fri May 03, 2024 12:47 pm

singerjared21 wrote:I like the chase ideas how they’re all different front each other.

Some are very minimal, but I like that each figure has a chase associated with it

fairytail081202

Postby fairytail081202 » Fri May 03, 2024 4:17 pm

Small and easy to display I guess

Toys R Us Kid

Postby Toys R Us Kid » Fri May 03, 2024 5:33 pm

The Bleach Fan wrote:
Jalvarez wrote:
dork_knight wrote:
I also enjoy the thrill of checking if I pulled a chase without looking at the pog. Something I'm all too familiar with with the Ramona Flowers and Halloween Freddy LOL

I'm glad we got a con exclusive Jiminy for C2E2. I was almost nervous since we haven't seen many Sodas come out this year.

It si true a few Sodas released this year. I still need a Meg to be with Hercules.

I noticed you both mentioned a pog. I remember what pogs are from the 90's/2000's but what does it mean with the soda?

Inside the can comes with a circular cut out that looks like a pog from back in the day. On it will usually say its edition run and will also tell you if its a chase or not. So I try to avoid looking and wait until I open the black plastic bag to see if I got the chase. But a fun little addition to the figure.
Jorge, here! Instagram: toys.r.us.kid
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023 | "Making Fun" Hollywood Premier | Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
Fright Night II 2022 | Mask - O - Raid 2022 | FDO9 Sacramento | Funkon I & II

Jalvarez

Postby Jalvarez » Fri May 03, 2024 10:16 pm

Toys R Us Kid wrote:
The Bleach Fan wrote:
Jalvarez wrote:

Inside the can comes with a circular cut out that looks like a pog from back in the day. On it will usually say its edition run and will also tell you if its a chase or not. So I try to avoid looking and wait until I open the black plastic bag to see if I got the chase. But a fun little addition to the figure.

In my case I always look the pog first, hehe, But some time the pog don´t match the figure, the pog said chase but the figure was the regular one
D23 Expo →2024
Fundays → Here We Go

Jarrieta13

Postby Jarrieta13 » Fri May 03, 2024 10:39 pm

To me the sodas small enough to bring into my work office and display some cool stuff that my coworkers can see and ive had workers from other departments reach out and tell me they collect as well!

DisneyFan24

Postby DisneyFan24 » Sat May 04, 2024 12:00 am

*Dont hate me for this*

Absolutely nothing is great about sodas.
There I said it.

The Bleach Fan

Postby The Bleach Fan » Sat May 04, 2024 6:09 pm

Swatrob wrote:Size is a big deal and they are definitely space savers. But I dig the figures a lot. I also like that idea of getting a chase and not knowing. With a pop chases are hard to come by. With sodas you never know plus some of the chase are super cool and have completely different molds.

I think that is one of the perks of sodas I will like. You have thrill and surprise of getting a chase after opening it.

The Bleach Fan

Postby The Bleach Fan » Sat May 04, 2024 6:11 pm

funkoldblooded wrote:Space and the thrill of getting a chase

love that so many people are loving the same thing for different reasons. The size and chases. :cheers:

The Bleach Fan

Postby The Bleach Fan » Sat May 04, 2024 6:14 pm

Ohlordypops wrote:I enjoy the characters, the chance of chase (especially when there was a mold change between common and chase) and how I can display them on my shelves with my pops.

I didn't know there could be a mold change between common and chase. That's great.

The Bleach Fan

Postby The Bleach Fan » Sat May 04, 2024 6:17 pm

CAHLEB wrote:I loved the anticipation of opening up a chase, especially when the molds are really different between the two.

I didn't know until a moment ago that the chase mold can be different than the common. That's a really cool bonus.

The Bleach Fan

Postby The Bleach Fan » Sat May 04, 2024 6:19 pm

Jezter wrote:If I'm honest, the smaller the better when it comes to collecting because you have more room to display. I "kind of" wish sodas had come out and been huge before pops, I would have so much more room for them, lol.

The only negative is the lack of customizations with bits and pieces sticking out or whatever, which sodas don't have, so they'd be less interesting, kind of like the first molds of pop when they all had the same stance and minimal detail. :D

Lol, that's so true about pops.

The Bleach Fan

Postby The Bleach Fan » Sat May 04, 2024 6:23 pm

CAHLEB wrote:I loved the anticipation of opening up a chase, especially when the molds are really different between the two.

I hope I am able to find a chase and a common to experience the difference. Are there ever two different molds for the same chase (e.g, chase common and chase new mold)? That would be cool.

The Bleach Fan

Postby The Bleach Fan » Sat May 04, 2024 6:24 pm

nerdgirlbritt wrote:
The Bleach Fan wrote:Hi Everyone, I just started thinking about getting into soda. From the pros standpoint. What makes Soda pops special to you? Does it make the sound of opening a fresh cold soda when you open the can? Is it the feeling of reminiscing of times past? What is it? Do share?

I came here to discover the same thing.

That is so cool. I am learning so much from everyone's post.

The Bleach Fan

Postby The Bleach Fan » Sat May 04, 2024 6:27 pm

TheSecondKira wrote:Opening it up to find out of it's a chase or not is pretty fun, but I've only collected a couple of them.
They're not my cup of tea, urm, cup of soda.

It's great to hear how fun the soda are to open. I think that's going to be a few of my favorite things.

The Bleach Fan

Postby The Bleach Fan » Sat May 04, 2024 6:29 pm

Stragon wrote:
Jezter wrote:If I'm honest, the smaller the better when it comes to collecting because you have more room to display. I "kind of" wish sodas had come out and been huge before pops, I would have so much more room for them, lol.

The only negative is the lack of customizations with bits and pieces sticking out or whatever, which sodas don't have, so they'd be less interesting, kind of like the first molds of pop when they all had the same stance and minimal detail. :D

Really good points, I like being able to display both the can and figure and not having to worry about box condition.

After opening the soda I think one of the benefits will be the ease of displaying them and no bad box conditions. Nice

The Bleach Fan

Postby The Bleach Fan » Sat May 04, 2024 6:32 pm

I am so glad I asked this question(s) because I am really interested in experiencing what is great about Soda. I will definitely make my first purchase at Comic Con this year. I am really excited.

The Bleach Fan

Postby The Bleach Fan » Sat May 04, 2024 6:41 pm

Jalvarez wrote:
Toys R Us Kid wrote:
The Bleach Fan wrote:

In my case I always look the pog first, hehe, But some time the pog don´t match the figure, the pog said chase but the figure was the regular one

Interesting the pog and figure didn't match. Thank you, that is good to keep in mind.

The Bleach Fan

Postby The Bleach Fan » Sat May 04, 2024 6:42 pm

Toys R Us Kid wrote:
The Bleach Fan wrote:
Jalvarez wrote:

Thank you, the pog is the cut out some people mentioned. I think I took will open the black bag before looking at the pog. Thanks

Jalvarez

Postby Jalvarez » Sat May 04, 2024 7:52 pm

The Bleach Fan wrote:
Jalvarez wrote:
Toys R Us Kid wrote:

Interesting the pog and figure didn't match. Thank you, that is good to keep in mind.

I send a request to Customer service (Chase pog and Regular Figure) that they will replace the pog or s 5 credit I think
D23 Expo →2024
Fundays → Here We Go

Jezter
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Jezter » Sat May 04, 2024 8:04 pm

The Bleach Fan wrote:
Stragon wrote:

Really good points, I like being able to display both the can and figure and not having to worry about box condition.

After opening the soda I think one of the benefits will be the ease of displaying them and no bad box conditions. Nice

Yep, although I display everything OOB, the sodas NEVER have bad feet or skinny off center bodies that slowly lean regardless of what you do. One of my major gripes about pops. I have SO many of them with goofy feet, or skinny ankles or waists that bend, even if you warm them up and readjust still eventually lean again. Sodas don't lean. :D
Hey I'm John! :joker:

Pops!- 750ish
Dorbz: 35
Mystery Minis: 33
Sodas: 7
Vinyl Idolz: 2
Hikari: 1
Mini-Hikari: 1
Instagram: courtjezter

This Is Where A Really Neat Signature Is Going To Go....Eventually...Maybe.

trzadrake

Postby trzadrake » Sat May 04, 2024 8:15 pm

HockeyDad wrote:For us, it's all about the art of the can and the thrill of the chase!

The packaging is what draws me in. Having the three liter versions is just genius.

They also had a catchy commercial jingle when they initially released. Kinda got stuck in your head so you HAD to by at least one.

The Bleach Fan

Postby The Bleach Fan » Sun May 05, 2024 12:33 am

Jezter wrote:
The Bleach Fan wrote:
Stragon wrote:

Yep, although I display everything OOB, the sodas NEVER have bad feet or skinny off center bodies that slowly lean regardless of what you do. One of my major gripes about pops. I have SO many of them with goofy feet, or skinny ankles or waists that bend, even if you warm them up and readjust still eventually lean again. Sodas don't lean. :D

Balance is so important when you display pops. That sounds like a great ad campaign. Funko sodas, they don't lean.

FuegoGlorious

Postby FuegoGlorious » Sun May 05, 2024 1:36 pm

The LE aspect + the vintage feel + the display with pog, can and figure all brought it together for me. Additionally, the figure design was spot on - unique enough from other designs but same spirit as pops
:SW7a:

Swatrob

Postby Swatrob » Sun May 05, 2024 5:42 pm

The Bleach Fan wrote:
Swatrob wrote:Size is a big deal and they are definitely space savers. But I dig the figures a lot. I also like that idea of getting a chase and not knowing. With a pop chases are hard to come by. With sodas you never know plus some of the chase are super cool and have completely different molds.

I think that is one of the perks of sodas I will like. You have thrill and surprise of getting a chase after opening it.

It is nice. I typically get the ones where I like both molds. But some of the chase are so dang cool.
Walking Dead Super Fan, collector of random sets, Harry Potter, Star Wars, horror, Disney, and a few other here and there. Funko Funclub member. Have luckily attended Fundays, collecting since early 2000’s.

Toys R Us Kid

Postby Toys R Us Kid » Mon May 06, 2024 12:09 am

Jalvarez wrote:
The Bleach Fan wrote:
Jalvarez wrote:

I send a request to Customer service (Chase pog and Regular Figure) that they will replace the pog or s 5 credit I think

Ahh I forgot I’ve had that happen before. It was with Otto. It had two chases and I pulled the yellow variant but got the purple pog. In a way it felt like I pulled both chases haha
Jorge, here! Instagram: toys.r.us.kid
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023 | "Making Fun" Hollywood Premier | Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
Fright Night II 2022 | Mask - O - Raid 2022 | FDO9 Sacramento | Funkon I & II

Tootall411

Postby Tootall411 » Mon May 06, 2024 12:30 am

I personally like that they almost all have chases. And they stack without having to worry about box crush.. lol

Relinquish

Postby Relinquish » Mon May 06, 2024 1:01 am

i like that they reward being taken out of their packaging otherwise you can't see them and enjoy them

Stragon

Postby Stragon » Mon May 06, 2024 3:23 pm

Jezter wrote:
The Bleach Fan wrote:
Stragon wrote:

Really good and valid points. I have so many that are top heavy or like what was mentioned, "goofy feet, or skinny ankles" makes them hard to display oob, not an issue with sodas.
FUNKO FUNDAYS: 2016,2018,2019,2022
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
World Premiere - Making Fun
Funko Virtual Con 2020
Funko Mask O Raid 2022

dork_knight
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby dork_knight » Tue May 07, 2024 12:49 am

The Bleach Fan wrote:
Jalvarez wrote:
dork_knight wrote:

Definitely recommend picking up a Funko Soda if you see one and find out ;)
While they haven't made any Bleach ones yet, there are plenty of Anime ones
Bah Weep Gragnah Weep Nini Bong!
FunKlub Member:2016000002828
Funko Collectibles Count:4000+
Pokémon GO! Pokédex: 807 | Trainer Name: DorkKn1ght

A few fellow Funko Funatics and I started a podcast: http://www.buzzsprout.com/1015576
FB: Dave Metran | IG: @dork_knight46 | TW: @davemetran

Greek187

Postby Greek187 » Tue May 07, 2024 1:04 am

The only thing I seen pretty cool about soda is that one of them had a chase at least at the start and they’re what they were very very low numbered now they just became common and it seems like they became the new dorbz . There’s only so many collectors of them. Died I mean it’s bad enough that they’re overproducing POPS and I learn to only limited pops and Freddy Funko only all the releases are coming. There’s barely anything that I truly want. And soda is something I was collecting and I quit the game. It was cash only for no matter what I still like Pops and will always collect them, though I’m pretty much looking for only limited convention, only collection limited space and because of the insanity of overproducing Funko truly lost it value to the collector and reproducing the same character molds, it saddens me and now they’re just remaking them all in soda but I noticed that we haven’t had soda releases so it seems like they’re quiet and down recently on them and they’re not going forward. They’re not top sellers anymore.
Funko POP collector since 2015
Wife and Husband hobby for both of us
Couples funatics!
EVENTS going to SDCC 2024 - DISNEY D23 2024
Sdcc 2023 :freddy3: Image
WENT TO -.Hollywood grand opening ,Wondercon 23 , FUNKON 1 2021 opening day,,

Greek187

Postby Greek187 » Tue May 07, 2024 1:07 am

Also, again, sorry for the double post. The only thing I truly liked about soda was the limited numbers and the chance at chases but now they’re starting them to make with no chase and they’re starting to produce them with high numbers and not limited. . I am interested in the 14 inch Freddy Funko anime that’s coming up for lottery. That’s something I would like a line to happen. especially because their numbered as always if you’re going to collect soda then don’t collect pop. It just gets overwhelming and you need a lot of money and a lot of space to do, but I personally just stick the pop but to each their own.
Funko POP collector since 2015
Wife and Husband hobby for both of us
Couples funatics!
EVENTS going to SDCC 2024 - DISNEY D23 2024
Sdcc 2023 :freddy3: Image
WENT TO -.Hollywood grand opening ,Wondercon 23 , FUNKON 1 2021 opening day,,

Kuya_Kulture

Postby Kuya_Kulture » Tue May 07, 2024 3:37 pm

I personally love the hunt of trying to find the chase. Getting that thrill is fun of pulling a chase is awesome. The only thing I don't like is its hard to display the pop and chase pog. I like the simplicity of a pop in a protector on the shelf.
ImageImageImage

imbatgirlpop

Postby imbatgirlpop » Tue May 07, 2024 4:58 pm

The whole experience- the container, the toy inside with a chance for a chase

Return to “Soda”