Please Note: New User Registrations and username/email address changes will be on hold from May 29th, 2024 through June 3rd, 2024

What's so great about Soda?

Included with each SODA can is a 4.25” vinyl figure and a collectible disc both with a 1 in 6 chase variant!
singerjared21

Re: What's so great about Soda?

Postby singerjared21 » Wed May 08, 2024 2:40 pm

funkoldblooded wrote:
singerjared21 wrote:I like the chase ideas how they’re all different front each other.

Some are very minimal, but I like that each figure has a chase associated with it

Yeah some aren’t that great but some are really really good

naaaarra

Postby naaaarra » Wed May 08, 2024 3:22 pm

I enjoy seeing all the Freddy variants! Hopefully they make a Franny version.

The Bleach Fan

Postby The Bleach Fan » Sat May 18, 2024 6:34 am

Swatrob wrote:
The Bleach Fan wrote:
Swatrob wrote:Size is a big deal and they are definitely space savers. But I dig the figures a lot. I also like that idea of getting a chase and not knowing. With a pop chases are hard to come by. With sodas you never know plus some of the chase are super cool and have completely different molds.

I think that is one of the perks of sodas I will like. You have thrill and surprise of getting a chase after opening it.

It is nice. I typically get the ones where I like both molds. But some of the chase are so dang cool.

That would be cool to have both molds.

The Bleach Fan

Postby The Bleach Fan » Sat May 18, 2024 6:36 am

Toys R Us Kid wrote:
Jalvarez wrote:
The Bleach Fan wrote:
Interesting the pog and figure didn't match. Thank you, that is good to keep in mind.

I send a request to Customer service (Chase pog and Regular Figure) that they will replace the pog or s 5 credit I think

Ahh I forgot I’ve had that happen before. It was with Otto. It had two chases and I pulled the yellow variant but got the purple pog. In a way it felt like I pulled both chases haha

You kinda did pull both chase, lol. I am glad to hear customer service made sure they corrected the error. Things happen but that sound kinda cool.

The Bleach Fan

Postby The Bleach Fan » Sat May 18, 2024 6:41 am

Stragon wrote:
Jezter wrote:
The Bleach Fan wrote:

After opening the soda I think one of the benefits will be the ease of displaying them and no bad box conditions. Nice

Yep, although I display everything OOB, the sodas NEVER have bad feet or skinny off center bodies that slowly lean regardless of what you do. One of my major gripes about pops. I have SO many of them with goofy feet, or skinny ankles or waists that bend, even if you warm them up and readjust still eventually lean again. Sodas don't lean. :D

Really good and valid points. I have so many that are top heavy or like what was mentioned, "goofy feet, or skinny ankles" makes them hard to display oob, not an issue with sodas.

Great points. I do enjoy a consistent/balanced collection.

The Bleach Fan

Postby The Bleach Fan » Sat May 18, 2024 6:42 am

dork_knight wrote:
The Bleach Fan wrote:
Jalvarez wrote:
It si true a few Sodas released this year. I still need a Meg to be with Hercules.

I noticed you both mentioned a pog. I remember what pogs are from the 90's/2000's but what does it mean with the soda?

Definitely recommend picking up a Funko Soda if you see one and find out ;)
While they haven't made any Bleach ones yet, there are plenty of Anime ones

I am going to purchase one during Comic Con this year. If they make any Bleach ones, sign me up.

Jalvarez

Postby Jalvarez » Sat May 18, 2024 9:17 pm

The Bleach Fan wrote:
dork_knight wrote:
The Bleach Fan wrote:
I noticed you both mentioned a pog. I remember what pogs are from the 90's/2000's but what does it mean with the soda?

I am going to purchase one during Comic Con this year. If they make any Bleach ones, sign me up.

I hope We can get some SDCC Sodas.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023 → 2024
WonderCon 2019, 2022, 2023 → 2024
Fred Project Release Party
D23 Expo →2024
Fundays → Here We Go

Pops: 120 Sodas:10 Signed Pops 40 Signed Sodas: 5

Stragon

Postby Stragon » Sat May 18, 2024 10:42 pm

Jalvarez wrote:
The Bleach Fan wrote:
dork_knight wrote:

I hope We can get some SDCC Sodas.

I agree, hoping there will be some sodas at SDCC
FUNKO FUNDAYS: 2016,2018,2019,2022
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
World Premiere - Making Fun
Funko Virtual Con 2020
Funko Mask O Raid 2022

Richard822

Postby Richard822 » Sun May 19, 2024 12:28 am

I love the chase aspect of them and who doesn’t like sodas? :freddy1:
Funko pop collector since 2022
And just another person hoping to go to fundays lol
Wondercon: 2023

Jalvarez

Postby Jalvarez » Sun May 19, 2024 10:00 am

I am still waiting the Bitty Soda
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023 → 2024
WonderCon 2019, 2022, 2023 → 2024
Fred Project Release Party
D23 Expo →2024
Fundays → Here We Go

Pops: 120 Sodas:10 Signed Pops 40 Signed Sodas: 5

Misha7297

Postby Misha7297 » Mon May 20, 2024 9:33 pm

I love the look of the soda cans. It's just a really cool unique idea! It's nice to have a collectible for funko where you don't have to worry so much on box damage. The cans can get dented but rarely.

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Mon May 20, 2024 9:41 pm

I pretty much echo everyone on here, it's such a great product. You take them out of the can versus leaving them in. Easy to put on a small desk in the office. Then there is always the thrill when you open it and find a chase.
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

Chenzo157

Postby Chenzo157 » Thu May 23, 2024 12:57 am

They definitely save space but I only go after the anime ones mostly
Attended:

Fright Night '22
Camp Fundays '23

:freddy1:

SpaceDude
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby SpaceDude » Thu May 23, 2024 2:21 am

Misha7297 wrote:I love the look of the soda cans. It's just a really cool unique idea! It's nice to have a collectible for funko where you don't have to worry so much on box damage. The cans can get dented but rarely.

I totally agree!
Tate/SpaceDude's Pop Vault :freddy3:
2020 Rookie of the Year
Instagram: spacedudespopvault
Facebook: Tate McCarty
Colorado Funatic

Jeeves

Postby Jeeves » Thu May 23, 2024 4:39 am

thebigdog14 wrote:I like how collectible they are. The figure designs are suoer cool and they cans add an extra level being unique. Very few companies make a container so collectible.

Very true!!
Want to see the FUNNIEST anime EVER created? Watch Sgt. Frog: https://archive.org/details/sgtfrogfunimation
You’ll thank me later!! lol

Jeeves

Postby Jeeves » Thu May 23, 2024 4:39 am

NCDS wrote:I pretty much echo everyone on here, it's such a great product. You take them out of the can versus leaving them in. Easy to put on a small desk in the office. Then there is always the thrill when you open it and find a chase.

Well said. =D>
Want to see the FUNNIEST anime EVER created? Watch Sgt. Frog: https://archive.org/details/sgtfrogfunimation

The Bleach Fan

Postby The Bleach Fan » Fri May 24, 2024 6:05 am

NCDS wrote:I pretty much echo everyone on here, it's such a great product. You take them out of the can versus leaving them in. Easy to put on a small desk in the office. Then there is always the thrill when you open it and find a chase.

I think I may only open 50% of my sodas and save the others for a random rainy day. Sounds thrilling.

The Bleach Fan

Postby The Bleach Fan » Fri May 24, 2024 6:08 am

Jeeves wrote:
thebigdog14 wrote:I like how collectible they are. The figure designs are suoer cool and they cans add an extra level being unique. Very few companies make a container so collectible.

Very true!!

Soda is a great design idea

Funkorot

Postby Funkorot » Fri May 24, 2024 2:11 pm

lavery01 wrote:I really like that they’re completely different from the pop line. And I always liked the concept of them right from the start. They’re small, compact and they’re easy to store. lol

Wonderful =D>

Funkorot

Postby Funkorot » Fri May 24, 2024 2:12 pm

Toys R Us Kid wrote:The quality is noticable right when opening the soda. The paint, weight, and detail all look/feel great. They display well on a staggered shelf. Plus you get the “blind box” thrill from most of them checking if you pulled a chase. I like to open the bag without checking to pog. Adds to the fun!

I totally agree, quality.

Funkorot

Postby Funkorot » Fri May 24, 2024 2:12 pm

Mawhonic7 wrote:I like that both the figure and the can are both collectibles. The can always has an “on model” drawing of the character while the figure is a representation of the character in the Soda style.

Good point.

E1f4

Postby E1f4 » Fri May 24, 2024 4:47 pm

I just enjoy having a variety in the collection and helps that Sodas/AP Sodas arent to pricey or to big.
:freddy2:

jcrook

Postby jcrook » Fri May 24, 2024 5:31 pm

E1f4 wrote:I just enjoy having a variety in the collection and helps that Sodas/AP Sodas arent to pricey or to big.

I need to get an AP soda, I don't have any. I really do like sodas, their size make them perfect for collecting.
Funko Fundays 2017
FunKon 2021
SDCC 2017, 2018, 2022

I go by Crook

Jeeves

Postby Jeeves » Fri May 24, 2024 7:02 pm

jcrook wrote:
E1f4 wrote:I just enjoy having a variety in the collection and helps that Sodas/AP Sodas arent to pricey or to big.

I need to get an AP soda, I don't have any. I really do like sodas, their size make them perfect for collecting.

I love the size and that each one has an element of surprise.

Jeeves

Postby Jeeves » Fri May 24, 2024 7:02 pm

The Bleach Fan wrote:

I think I may only open 50% of my sodas and save the others for a random rainy day. Sounds thrilling.

I do the same thing. XD

jcrook

Postby jcrook » Fri May 24, 2024 7:18 pm

Jeeves wrote:
jcrook wrote:

I love the size and that each one has an element of surprise.

Yes, especially if there is a chase variant, you just don't know till you open the can.
Funko Fundays 2017
FunKon 2021
SDCC 2017, 2018, 2022

I go by Crook

E1f4

Postby E1f4 » Fri May 24, 2024 8:51 pm

jcrook wrote:

Recommend checking Mercari, thats a good start, and you can send offers too. You'd be surprised what gets accepted sometimes :)

nightbodega

Postby nightbodega » Fri May 24, 2024 11:16 pm

I like the packaging, the size of the figure and because of the size, the design is unique.

Funko_aiden

Postby Funko_aiden » Sat May 25, 2024 12:39 am

They are super nice to display & have a wide range of characters to buy from :) I love how they are super colourful and when you display them all, They Look so good!! I’ve currently got about 80 on display right now and they look fantastic!! I’ve just displayed my favourite ones! So I highly recommend them and that’s why I love them so much, I hope this helps! :)

Jeeves

Postby Jeeves » Sat May 25, 2024 2:58 pm

jcrook wrote:
Jeeves wrote:
jcrook wrote:
Yes, especially if there is a chase variant, you just don't know till you open the can.

Oh YEESSSSSS. Heeheehee!! It’s such a thrill, and ANYTHING is possible until you finally open the can!! (Which is why after ~2years I still haven’t opened up my AP Soda yet XD). Maybe I’ll bring it to SDCC and open it live at the Funko Booth for fun (or at Fundays, if I’m ever fortunate enough to attend. I still haven’t made it in after >10 years of trying. I’ve missed out on BOTH Funko Fright Nights, and I tried very hard to get tickets. We even had a trip planned to NYCC—which we could NOT afford—just to attend Fright Night, but then the Cop-a-Pop collective cheated, cut to the front of the line, and grabbed up all of the tickets for themselves :angryfire:). So, unless Funko stops these cheaters, what’s the use of even trying anymore? :(

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Sun May 26, 2024 12:47 pm

The Bleach Fan wrote:

I have gotten nervous on some I really wanted the chase on and waited, those always end up commons. I think deep down I already knew they were.
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

danggit_a

Postby danggit_a » Tue May 28, 2024 7:11 am

Requires less space and nice details.

The Bleach Fan

Postby The Bleach Fan » Wed May 29, 2024 3:19 pm

NCDS wrote:
The Bleach Fan wrote:

I have gotten nervous on some I really wanted the chase on and waited, those always end up commons. I think deep down I already knew they were.

That is will be my to feeling when I purchase my first soda at Comic Con this year. The suspense will be great but I'm nervous on my first choice and if it will have a chase option.

The Bleach Fan

Postby The Bleach Fan » Wed May 29, 2024 3:23 pm

Jeeves wrote:
The Bleach Fan wrote:

I do the same thing. XD

Nice! Then that will be my plan this year. I better make sure I purchase more than 2 soda this year.

The Bleach Fan

Postby The Bleach Fan » Wed May 29, 2024 3:33 pm

danggit_a wrote:Requires less space and nice details.

These will be a few of my favorite things about soda. I am excited what my post response will be once I purchase my first soda.

The Bleach Fan

Postby The Bleach Fan » Wed May 29, 2024 3:35 pm

Has Funko ever made a XL/huge soda?

The Bleach Fan

Postby The Bleach Fan » Wed May 29, 2024 3:42 pm

Jeeves wrote:
jcrook wrote:
Jeeves wrote:

Oh YEESSSSSS. Heeheehee!! It’s such a thrill, and ANYTHING is possible until you finally open the can!! (Which is why after ~2years I still haven’t opened up my AP Soda yet XD). Maybe I’ll bring it to SDCC and open it live at the Funko Booth for fun (or at Fundays, if I’m ever fortunate enough to attend. I still haven’t made it in after >10 years of trying. I’ve missed out on BOTH Funko Fright Nights, and I tried very hard to get tickets. We even had a trip planned to NYCC—which we could NOT afford—just to attend Fright Night, but then the Cop-a-Pop collective cheated, cut to the front of the line, and grabbed up all of the tickets for themselves :angryfire:). So, unless Funko stops these cheaters, what’s the use of even trying anymore? :(

I love that you haven't opened your AP Soda yet, bravo. I will do the same if I get an AP Soda. Sorry to ask a silly question but what is a Cop-a-Pop collective? But what or whoever they are keep trying to get tickets. The day you get tickets after over 10 years will be epic and so much fun for you.

E1f4

Postby E1f4 » Wed May 29, 2024 5:03 pm

The Bleach Fan wrote:

Has Funko ever made a XL/huge soda?

Biggest ones I can think of is the 3L sodas. A pain to get them open but are pretty cool to have!

LiquidTease

Postby LiquidTease » Wed May 29, 2024 8:04 pm

I only have a few sodas but I do agree that the anticipation of getting a chase is fun and the molding is top notch on some of them. I'll be honest and say I didn't think they would be around as long as they have been. I wish I could get some of the sought after chases but they're pricey.
:compress:

Arneldenal

Postby Arneldenal » Wed May 29, 2024 8:05 pm

The Bleach Fan wrote:Hi Everyone, I just started thinking about getting into soda. From the pros standpoint. What makes Soda pops special to you? Does it make the sound of opening a fresh cold soda when you open the can? Is it the feeling of reminiscing of times past? What is it? Do share?

I like the soda designs, but I feel as popularity has been falling off lately.

Return to “Soda”