Funko Soda Figures!

Included with each SODA can is a 4.25” vinyl figure and a collectible disc both with a 1 in 6 chase variant!
HockeyDad

Re: Funko Soda Figures!

Postby HockeyDad » Sun Aug 29, 2021 12:36 pm

Katers wrote:
FireEmblemZack wrote:
mongoose12 wrote:anyone else holding hope for a super secret santa soda? (say that 10 times fast)

12 days of Christmas on the shop is what I am hoping!! Just like the Cap'n Crunch surprise from last year

Weren't we hoping last year for a 12-pack of sodas for a 12-days of Christmas drop? Santa and others from the series would be a great 12 pack! :cheers:

Oh ... that would be so much fun!
I'm Greg. My son is "RSVHockeyDude". We collect Funko products together.
Pop! Count = 3133
Pop! Pez Count = 197
Funko Soda (My New Favorite): 762 different Sodas including Intl Versions
Other Funko Products (Hikari, Vynl, Wobblers, etc) = 87
Proto Count = 14 Pop (Mostly NHL; a little of Battlestar Galactica, Star Wars, Disney, The Simpsons); 4 Soda (NYCC Freddy)

HockeyDad

Postby HockeyDad » Sun Aug 29, 2021 12:39 pm

Juggy29 wrote:Just came to realization Funko needs to make a Coca Cola Soda with the Polar Bear inside

There's urban legend out there that's how Soda came to be. A gift to Mike in the form of a soda bottle with something inside. \:D/
Pop! Count = 3133
Pop! Pez Count = 197
Proto Count = 14 Pop (Mostly NHL; a little of Battlestar Galactica, Star Wars, Disney, The Simpsons); 4 Soda (NYCC Freddy)

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Aug 30, 2021 1:56 am

Mr Yac wrote:
Katers wrote:
Argh, I think that makes me want him more. I do love my glitter sodas! I'm guessing the glitter is for ice crystals? Poor cold Bumble! lol

He deserves no sympathy, Bumble was a jerk!

I have sympathy for anyone that's cold - I'm from Southern California, where anything below 65 is below the point of freezing! lol

I do apparently need to revisit the specials though! It's currently just a mish-mash of fun childhood memories in my brain! \:D/
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Aug 30, 2021 1:57 am

digithor wrote:
Juggy29 wrote:Just came to realization Funko needs to make a Coca Cola Soda with the Polar Bear inside

There's a surprise release for this years christmas stuff.

It would tie in nicely with the annual Cola Cola Bear commercials they usually do around the holidays! Hope this is actually on the list of coming-soon sodas! [-o<
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Aug 30, 2021 1:59 am

RSVHockeyDad wrote:
Katers wrote:
FireEmblemZack wrote:12 days of Christmas on the shop is what I am hoping!! Just like the Cap'n Crunch surprise from last year

Weren't we hoping last year for a 12-pack of sodas for a 12-days of Christmas drop? Santa and others from the series would be a great 12 pack! :cheers:

Oh ... that would be so much fun!

Right? Can't all be Year without Santa themed now though, since I need that Coca-Cola Polar Bear! :mir1:
Image ImageImage Image

digithor

Postby digithor » Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:14 am

Katers wrote:
digithor wrote:

It would tie in nicely with the annual Cola Cola Bear commercials they usually do around the holidays! Hope this is actually on the list of coming-soon sodas! [-o<

Exactly, it checks off a lot of the boxes. On top of having such easy chases they could do, flocked, with a coca cola bottle?
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:22 am

Katers wrote:
I have sympathy for anyone that's cold - I'm from Southern California, where anything below 65 is below the point of freezing! lol

I do apparently need to revisit the specials though! It's currently just a mish-mash of fun childhood memories in my brain! \:D/

most of them were jerks, heck even Santa is a jerk in Rudolph lol

BatLita

Postby BatLita » Mon Aug 30, 2021 12:07 pm

digithor wrote:
Katers wrote:
digithor wrote:

Exactly, it checks off a lot of the boxes. On top of having such easy chases they could do, flocked, with a coca cola bottle?

OOh! I love the idea of the Coca-Cola Bear! That would be amazing! Of course, the chase is flocked
FRIGHT NIGHT 2022
FUNDAYS 2022
SDCC 2022
NYCC 2022
NYCC 2019
ECCC 2019
NYCC 2018
NYCC 2017
NYCC 2016
NYCC 2015

digithor

Postby digithor » Tue Aug 31, 2021 1:50 am

BatLita wrote:
digithor wrote:
Katers wrote:

OOh! I love the idea of the Coca-Cola Bear! That would be amazing! Of course, the chase is flocked

Just make the bear with the bottle and have the chase as flocked, that way we can get both in one. I can't recall much else of what they had besides the bottle.
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
ImageImageImageImage

HockeyDad

Postby HockeyDad » Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:58 pm

digithor wrote:
BatLita wrote:
digithor wrote:

Just make the bear with the bottle and have the chase as flocked, that way we can get both in one. I can't recall much else of what they had besides the bottle.

I'm all for that combination! Flocked is the way to go for this ...
Pop! Count = 3133
Pop! Pez Count = 197

Dsho333

Postby Dsho333 » Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:05 pm

RSVHockeyDad wrote:
digithor wrote:
BatLita wrote:

But now I'm gonna blow your minds, what about Cola scented as the chase?

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:11 pm

Dsho333 wrote:But now I'm gonna blow your minds, what about Cola scented as the chase?

i just can't imagine that not having a pretty gross odor lol

Dsho333

Postby Dsho333 » Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:02 pm

Mr Yac wrote:
Dsho333 wrote:But now I'm gonna blow your minds, what about Cola scented as the chase?

i just can't imagine that not having a pretty gross odor lol

I think they could do it, although the natural can smell might change it, apparently the stinkor one is super nasty

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:28 pm

Dsho333 wrote:
I think they could do it, although the natural can smell might change it, apparently the stinkor one is super nasty

are all of them scented, or just the chases?

Dsho333

Postby Dsho333 » Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:51 pm

Mr Yac wrote:
Dsho333 wrote:

I'm not sure but my guess would be both

HockeyDad

Postby HockeyDad » Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:06 am

Dsho333 wrote:
RSVHockeyDad wrote:
digithor wrote:

Scented? Let's go full Willy Wonka on this ... should make it so we could like the figure and taste the soda! Image
Pop! Count = 3133
Pop! Pez Count = 197

FunkoMeansFun

Postby FunkoMeansFun » Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:24 am

A Coca-Cola with a Bear inside is a great idea =D> :) .

:freddy3: :freddy4: :freddy1:
:freddy3: Image

ImageImage

digithor

Postby digithor » Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:37 am

Mr Yac wrote:
Dsho333 wrote:

I could see all of them in the case having a scent of it after being packed together for so long.
ImageImageImageImage

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:42 am

digithor wrote:
Katers wrote:
digithor wrote:

I really want to see a red soda can now! That's definitely a soda I would be happy with either common or chase, really hope our brilliant idea happens!
Image ImageImage Image

digithor

Postby digithor » Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:46 am

Katers wrote:
digithor wrote:
Katers wrote:

I really want to see a red soda can now! That's definitely a soda I would be happy with either common or chase, really hope our brilliant idea happens!

Red can? Hrmm I can see them making other cans like that, special editions I suppose. Kind of like how they did for the imperial line. That would be neat.
ImageImageImageImage

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:57 am

Mr Yac wrote:
Katers wrote:

most of them were jerks, heck even Santa is a jerk in Rudolph lol

Now I'm not sure I want to rewatch the movies....gotta preserve the childhood! lol

Seriously though, gonna rewatch all these when they come on this year, see what I glossed over!
Image ImageImage Image

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:55 am

Katers wrote:
Mr Yac wrote:
Katers wrote:
Argh, I think that makes me want him more. I do love my glitter sodas! I'm guessing the glitter is for ice crystals? Poor cold Bumble! lol

That is hilarious. I am from southern california, and I love 65. When its 65, I am still in shorts and flip flops. I just have a sweatshirt on.
Collecting since 2014

BatLita

Postby BatLita » Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:34 pm

Dsho333 wrote:
RSVHockeyDad wrote:
digithor wrote:

Cola scented would be awesome! I would love that - even more than flocked!
FRIGHT NIGHT 2022
FUNDAYS 2022
SDCC 2022
NYCC 2022
NYCC 2019
ECCC 2019
NYCC 2018
NYCC 2017
NYCC 2016
NYCC 2015

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Sep 02, 2021 2:32 am

digithor wrote:
BatLita wrote:
digithor wrote:

Agreed, regular bear holding a coke bottle as common, same bear flocked as chase! Definitely one I would want one of each for, but also wouldn't stress it if I struck out on the chase!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Sep 02, 2021 2:35 am

RSVHockeyDad wrote:
digithor wrote:
BatLita wrote:

Seriously, this is a NEED. Those bear commercials are pretty much the only ones I don't skip when I'm watching tv, they really embody the season for me!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Sep 02, 2021 2:38 am

digithor wrote:
Katers wrote:
digithor wrote:

Red can? Hrmm I can see them making other cans like that, special editions I suppose. Kind of like how they did for the imperial line. That would be neat.

I figure if we can have black light cans, we can have a red can for our coca-cola bears! Gotta keep it authentic! Not too authentic though, no need to refrigerate this particular can!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Sep 02, 2021 2:46 am

nascar246788 wrote:
Katers wrote:
Mr Yac wrote:

That is hilarious. I am from southern california, and I love 65. When its 65, I am still in shorts and flip flops. I just have a sweatshirt on.

Oh same - shorts, flip flops and sweatshirts are required fall weather! I love hunting Funko in the fall, the weather is perfect.

Hopefully by the time the Santa sodas arrive, the weather will be cold and wintery (or as close as we get!). Wouldn't feel right to open them during one of our late season heat waves!
Image ImageImage Image

philipali

Postby philipali » Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:30 am

Before all of these.. Let's get pass NYCC and Freddy Soda Halloween!! Can't wait for the reveals and the drop date
ImageImageImage
Image ImageImage

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:55 am

real talk, if funko decided to do a SodaCon with only soda merch - i'd get hyped about it lol

philipali

Postby philipali » Thu Sep 02, 2021 12:11 pm

mongoose12 wrote:real talk, if funko decided to do a SodaCon with only soda merch - i'd get hyped about it lol

now we are talking! SodaCon for the win! How about a virtual SodaCon to start :D
ImageImageImage
Image ImageImage

FireEmblemZack

Postby FireEmblemZack » Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:56 pm

BEST SODA EVER?????
I love it so much!!!!!!
Image R.I.P. Buddy, my bestest friend

aprilyoufools

Postby aprilyoufools » Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:07 pm

philipali wrote:
mongoose12 wrote:real talk, if funko decided to do a SodaCon with only soda merch - i'd get hyped about it lol

now we are talking! SodaCon for the win! How about a virtual SodaCon to start :D

Although, if we ever did get an in-person SodaCon I'd love to see life-size Soda cans and figures.
she/they • ARMY | MOA

HockeyDad

Postby HockeyDad » Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:43 pm

FireEmblemZack wrote:
BEST SODA EVER?????
I love it so much!!!!!!

Congrats. I'm looking forward to receiving that one soon.
Pop! Count = 3133
Pop! Pez Count = 197

digithor

Postby digithor » Fri Sep 03, 2021 1:55 am

philipali wrote:Before all of these.. Let's get pass NYCC and Freddy Soda Halloween!! Can't wait for the reveals and the drop date

Geez, I'm so excited for the halloween goodies. Just getting closer and closer.
ImageImageImageImage

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:32 am

philipali wrote:Before all of these.. Let's get pass NYCC and Freddy Soda Halloween!! Can't wait for the reveals and the drop date

I'm really hoping (and stressing!) some amazing sodas for NYCC! Can't wait to see what announcements come our way! \:D/
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:33 am

I think they should do that for DesignerCon. It would be a must attend if they did!
Image ImageImage Image

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:37 am

Katers wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:
Katers wrote:

Oh same - shorts, flip flops and sweatshirts are required fall weather! I love hunting Funko in the fall, the weather is perfect.

Hopefully by the time the Santa sodas arrive, the weather will be cold and wintery (or as close as we get!). Wouldn't feel right to open them during one of our late season heat waves!

I always hate the late heat waves we get sometimes. They are annoying.
Collecting since 2014

digithor

Postby digithor » Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:48 am

Katers wrote:

I'm really hoping (and stressing!) some amazing sodas for NYCC! Can't wait to see what announcements come our way! \:D/

Will be interesting to see, with halloween just around the corner from nycc that turn out to be a lot of wallet funds.
ImageImageImageImage

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Fri Sep 03, 2021 1:16 pm

FireEmblemZack wrote:
BEST SODA EVER?????
I love it so much!!!!!!

congrats on the stinky soda stinkor chase lol =D>

thefunkohunko

Postby thefunkohunko » Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:46 pm

Little late to this, but JIMINY CHRISTMAS they made the Miser Brothers! I've been wanting these since the beginning, so much that it led me to make concepts of them over a year ago. I'm so happy, you best bet I have 2 cases ordered!

***a disclamier*** with my art concepts, I never see it as Funko "stealing" an idea. Last time I checked, I am neither Funko or the creators of the Miser Brothers. I am just elated that these are coming to life!
Hey y’all, I'm Austin! I love putting smiles on people’s faces through my love for collecting and art!
Follow me on Instagram @thefunkohunko and check out my Funko art portfolio!
Aspring Funko artist!
In search of 2004 SDCC Funko-Mart items & old school Funko memorabilia!

Return to “Soda”