Star Wars Soda

Included with each SODA can is a 4.25” vinyl figure and a collectible disc both with a 1 in 6 chase variant!
wolfy233

Re: Star Wars Soda

Postby wolfy233 » Mon May 30, 2022 6:23 am

dolphinax2 wrote:
wolfy233 wrote:
sirwindu wrote:[youtube][/youtube]

This exclusive looks so awesome!!! Must have!

Oh it's real, just doesn't look like it made it to Celebration.

Yeah, a bit disappointed, was looking forward to seeing it there.

I'm sure it's not far behind, but as least you know now we are for sure getting it.

Trendkill24hr

Postby Trendkill24hr » Mon May 30, 2022 12:31 pm

I haven’t seen any of these SW sodas in person, are they bobble heads? I’m wondering
"Being a geek means never having to play it cool about how much you like something" Simon Pegg

Call me C.J. :)
Events: Fundays 2022 & 2023, Fright Night 2022, FDO9
Collection: 372 pieces as of 03/25/24
ISO Proto: Paka Paka Dragon

FireEmblemZack

Postby FireEmblemZack » Mon May 30, 2022 1:27 pm

Trendkill24hr wrote:I haven’t seen any of these SW sodas in person, are they bobble heads? I’m wondering

Yep! Little bobble heads! Very cool. And I've seen some unboxing videos and they put a little rubber band around the neck of the bubble-wrapped figure so the figure doesnt bobble too much in the can. But only for certain characters. Just a neat little thing!
Image R.I.P. Buddy, my bestest friend

levixkelly

Postby levixkelly » Mon May 30, 2022 8:22 pm

Honestly loving that these are bobbleheads
Hi, I'm Levi
Instagram:
@levikelly90
Twitter: @levikelly90

Image Image

Trendkill24hr

Postby Trendkill24hr » Tue May 31, 2022 10:56 am

FireEmblemZack wrote:
Trendkill24hr wrote:I haven’t seen any of these SW sodas in person, are they bobble heads? I’m wondering

Yep! Little bobble heads! Very cool. And I've seen some unboxing videos and they put a little rubber band around the neck of the bubble-wrapped figure so the figure doesnt bobble too much in the can. But only for certain characters. Just a neat little thing!

nice, but I find it strange they didn't make the Marvel ones bobble heads...id personally like to see them as such
"Being a geek means never having to play it cool about how much you like something" Simon Pegg

Dsho333

Postby Dsho333 » Tue May 31, 2022 12:14 pm

Trendkill24hr wrote:
FireEmblemZack wrote:

nice, but I find it strange they didn't make the Marvel ones bobble heads...id personally like to see them as such

It's cheaper to not make them bobble heads, so they are only required by contract for the star wars ones to be bobbleheads.

Trendkill24hr

Postby Trendkill24hr » Tue May 31, 2022 8:10 pm

Dsho333 wrote:
Trendkill24hr wrote:
FireEmblemZack wrote:Yep! Little bobble heads! Very cool. And I've seen some unboxing videos and they put a little rubber band around the neck of the bubble-wrapped figure so the figure doesnt bobble too much in the can. But only for certain characters. Just a neat little thing!

It's cheaper to not make them bobble heads, so they are only required by contract for the star wars ones to be bobbleheads.

Hmmmm but I’m wondering why that wasn’t the case with Marvel considering all the pops have been bobble heads so far

Dsho333

Postby Dsho333 » Tue May 31, 2022 8:23 pm

Trendkill24hr wrote:
Dsho333 wrote:
Trendkill24hr wrote:

Hmmmm but I’m wondering why that wasn’t the case with Marvel considering all the pops have been bobble heads so far

Yeah and the minis are bobbleheads, must've been a licensing decision by marvel, since at the time they didn't have star wars to make the decision for them, had star wars been first, I think marvel would've been bobbleheads

Trendkill24hr

Postby Trendkill24hr » Wed Jun 01, 2022 2:49 pm

Dsho333 wrote:
Trendkill24hr wrote:
Dsho333 wrote:

Yeah and the minis are bobbleheads, must've been a licensing decision by marvel, since at the time they didn't have star wars to make the decision for them, had star wars been first, I think marvel would've been bobbleheads

Yah, that makes sense. I still think Marvel soda bobble heads would be pretty cool

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Wed Jun 01, 2022 5:33 pm

Trendkill24hr wrote:
Dsho333 wrote:
Trendkill24hr wrote:

Yah, that makes sense. I still think Marvel soda bobble heads would be pretty cool

It also comes down to how the terms and scope of the license is written out. If it's a "master toy license" where the company basically has the rights to all sizes/formats or if it's for a particular size/toy type. With Star Wars & Marvel, even though both IP licenses are from the same owner (Disney) and are with the same holder (Hasbro) they are separate contracts and may have different verbiage that allowed for the Marvel Soda figures to be static where as the Star Wars license didn't give that liberty. Hasbro is known for being fiercely protective of the SW figure license (see the Lego magnet 3-packs & mini-figure box sets for example), there is a lot more non-Hasbro Marvel toy stuff out there than Star Wars, so I would guess there is a bit more flexibility in the Marvel license.
Hi, I am Shawn. Iron Man junkie, Soda-holic and Hikari addict. Funklub member #14300/01057

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Wed Jun 01, 2022 5:45 pm

I love that Funko just made the least desirable version of C-3PO a most desirable version by making it a "chase".

Well played. Now when/where will we see a vac-metal "chrome" variant… :SW3:
Hi, I am Shawn. Iron Man junkie, Soda-holic and Hikari addict. Funklub member #14300/01057

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:27 pm

My Boba Fett looks amazing!!!! I cant' wait for Luke to arrive.
ISO Pockets Snapsie
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

Trendkill24hr

Postby Trendkill24hr » Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:24 am

mohawkjones wrote:Image

I love that Funko just made the least desirable version of C-3PO a most desirable version by making it a "chase".

I personally think it should be the opposite on these for obvious reasons too lol

Trendkill24hr

Postby Trendkill24hr » Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:30 am

mohawkjones wrote:
Trendkill24hr wrote:
Dsho333 wrote:

It also comes down to how the terms and scope of the license is written out. If it's a "master toy license" where the company basically has the rights to all sizes/formats or if it's for a particular size/toy type. With Star Wars & Marvel, even though both IP licenses are from the same owner (Disney) and are with the same holder (Hasbro) they are separate contracts and may have different verbiage that allowed for the Marvel Soda figures to be static where as the Star Wars license didn't give that liberty. Hasbro is known for being fiercely protective of the SW figure license (see the Lego magnet 3-packs & mini-figure box sets for example), there is a lot more non-Hasbro Marvel toy stuff out there than Star Wars, so I would guess there is a bit more flexibility in the Marvel license.

That makes sense, I bet both divisions (Marvel/StarWars) operate similar to when they did before Disney acquired them, Star Wars merchandise is what pretty much made George Lucas a millionaire and a lot of that probably came from Hasbro in some way or form.

HockeyDad

Postby HockeyDad » Fri Jun 03, 2022 12:24 pm

I would have like to see the chase be the common; and the chase be the smugglers bounty version with all of his wires exposed (Unfinished)
I'm Greg. My son is "RSVHockeyDude". We collect Funko products together.
Pop! Count = 3133
Pop! Pez Count = 197
Funko Soda (My New Favorite): 762 different Sodas including Intl Versions
Other Funko Products (Hikari, Vynl, Wobblers, etc) = 87
Proto Count = 14 Pop (Mostly NHL; a little of Battlestar Galactica, Star Wars, Disney, The Simpsons); 4 Soda (NYCC Freddy)

KarateKid

Postby KarateKid » Fri Jun 03, 2022 12:39 pm

I love Episode 7!! One of my favorites so had to love the red arm!

Magnus1
Hall of Fame Class of 2023
Hall of Fame Class of 2023

Postby Magnus1 » Fri Jun 03, 2022 12:42 pm

Im sure Funko will make one down the line during an anniversary is my guess.
ImageImageImage
My name is David

JaceCD

Postby JaceCD » Fri Jun 03, 2022 12:43 pm

I’m excited to get this one!
I'm Jace!
I love to attend conventions. I've been to LVL Expo, ECCC, SWC, Wizard World (Las Vegas), WonderCon, Anime Expo, SDCC (since '95), RCCC, NYCC, ComplexCon, DCon and LACC.
I collect Funko Pops and Lego.

IG & Twitch: @jacethecollector

JaceCD

Postby JaceCD » Fri Jun 03, 2022 12:44 pm

Magnus1 wrote:Im sure Funko will make one down the line during an anniversary is my guess.

Seems possible. But it would be awesome though!
I'm Jace!
I love to attend conventions. I've been to LVL Expo, ECCC, SWC, Wizard World (Las Vegas), WonderCon, Anime Expo, SDCC (since '95), RCCC, NYCC, ComplexCon, DCon and LACC.
I collect Funko Pops and Lego.

IG & Twitch: @jacethecollector

RogueSolo
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby RogueSolo » Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:21 pm

I'd rather see a glitter sparkle 3PO, like the jacket A.D. was wearing at Celebration! lol
Marty
Funklub member #1093
1,000 Minis and counting!

HockeyDad

Postby HockeyDad » Sat Jun 04, 2022 2:41 am

NCDS wrote:My Boba Fett looks amazing!!!! I cant' wait for Luke to arrive.

Was a little bummed that we couldn't get the Luke at SWC at first, but now it's just something else to wait on at home :)
Pop! Count = 3133
Pop! Pez Count = 197
Proto Count = 14 Pop (Mostly NHL; a little of Battlestar Galactica, Star Wars, Disney, The Simpsons); 4 Soda (NYCC Freddy)

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Sat Jun 04, 2022 7:35 pm

RSVHockeyDad wrote:

Was a little bummed that we couldn't get the Luke at SWC at first, but now it's just something else to wait on at home :)

I was also, my order came today with a shared sticker and a common. I shall call him the cursed Luke.
ISO Pockets Snapsie
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

thebigdog14

Postby thebigdog14 » Sat Jun 04, 2022 10:38 pm

Anyone get the SWC Boba Fett Soda? It's really cool! I love that it bobbles! Colors really pop! Hoping they do more like it!
SDCC 2014-2019, 2022, 2023
SWC 2019
Funko Fundays 2019, 2022, 2023

levixkelly

Postby levixkelly » Sun Jun 05, 2022 7:21 am

First time getting a Soda and I pulled a chase haha. Good stuff
Hi, I'm Levi
Instagram:
@levikelly90
Twitter: @levikelly90

Image Image

Mawhonic7

Postby Mawhonic7 » Sun Jun 05, 2022 12:23 pm

NCDS wrote:
RSVHockeyDad wrote:

I was also, my order came today with a shared sticker and a common. I shall call him the cursed Luke.

Has anyone seen a con stickered Luke soda out there? Still wondering if the pirate urban legend is true.
Hi! I’m Eric

Mawhonic7

Postby Mawhonic7 » Sun Jun 05, 2022 12:31 pm

Mawhonic7 wrote:
NCDS wrote:
RSVHockeyDad wrote:

Has anyone seen a con stickered Luke soda out there? Still wondering if the pirate urban legend is true.

Edit - Did some searching and the con sticker Luke Soda does exist!
Hi! I’m Eric

HockeyDad

Postby HockeyDad » Sun Jun 05, 2022 1:11 pm

NCDS wrote:
RSVHockeyDad wrote:

Love your comedy! =D>
Pop! Count = 3133
Pop! Pez Count = 197

kdmlvr

Postby kdmlvr » Sun Jun 05, 2022 2:20 pm

Mawhonic7 wrote:
NCDS wrote:
RSVHockeyDad wrote:

I have not seen one, I did get the one from funko shop
Funko Pop Fan & Loungefly fan.

mactds

Postby mactds » Sun Jun 05, 2022 7:32 pm

Still anxiously waiting for Luke soda to arrive from the shop, didn't know the sticker difference, or lack there of.
Hi, I'm Trevor
Current Pop Count: 310
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mactds/

conventiongeek

Postby conventiongeek » Mon Jun 06, 2022 12:17 am

Mawhonic7 wrote:
Mawhonic7 wrote:
NCDS wrote:

Edit - Did some searching and the con sticker Luke Soda does exist!

Yes. it may exist, however was not available at the con... bummed.

Mawhonic7

Postby Mawhonic7 » Mon Jun 06, 2022 1:39 am

I was bummed too that the Luke Soda and 5 pack weren’t at the con too bur at least I was able to get them on Funko shop!
Hi! I’m Eric

digithor

Postby digithor » Mon Jun 06, 2022 1:58 am

levixkelly wrote:First time getting a Soda and I pulled a chase haha. Good stuff

That's a nice start.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:07 am

levixkelly wrote:First time getting a Soda and I pulled a chase haha. Good stuff

now its time to buy a lottery ticket lol congrats on the perfect start, you're batting 1.000

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Mon Jun 06, 2022 1:19 pm

RSVHockeyDad wrote:

I would have like to see the chase be the common; and the chase be the smugglers bounty version with all of his wires exposed (Unfinished)

This would be a very interesting looking soda for sure.
Collecting since 2014

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Mon Jun 06, 2022 1:20 pm

mongoose12 wrote:

now its time to buy a lottery ticket lol congrats on the perfect start, you're batting 1.000

Yep totally agree. Go get that lotto ticket lol
Collecting since 2014

dolphinax2

Postby dolphinax2 » Mon Jun 06, 2022 1:58 pm

digithor wrote:

That's a nice start.

Quit now while you are batting a 1000.
Hi. I'm Jeanne (Go by Gina).
I like Nightmare Before Christmas and anything else that catches my eye :)
FUNKO FUNKLUB #13433

[b]Fundays:2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2020[/b]
Funko Fright Night2016
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
World Premiere - Making Fun
Funko Virtual Con 2020
Funkon 2021
FDO 6,7,8 & 9
https://i.ibb.co/wg3cKBx/hJXGyyX.png

bizzydesigner

Postby bizzydesigner » Mon Jun 06, 2022 2:14 pm

Had my funko shop order come in yesterday. Managed one chase from my two! Thankful for that. Plus the con sticker on Luke is nice.

Spoiler: show
Image Image

Hi, I'm Jason! I like glowy pops, Ad Icons, mystery minis and s-s-s-sodas!
Funklub #14244
Instragram: bizzydesigner
#TUFFLOVE

FOTW September 2022

Fugly16

Postby Fugly16 » Mon Jun 06, 2022 2:17 pm

The heads on my Luke and Boba sodas are kind of wonky. I'm afraid to mess with it lol

FunkoBurro3

Postby FunkoBurro3 » Mon Jun 06, 2022 5:53 pm

Fugly16 wrote:The heads on my Luke and Boba sodas are kind of wonky. I'm afraid to mess with it lol

Im sure it won’t spring off if you try to push it down a bit ..
Abel H 3 :freddy2:
The United Funko Family

-Funkowood (Funko Hollywood) Grand Opening
-Funko Virtual-Con 2020
-Funkon 2021
-SDCC-Special Edition 2021- Pop! Quiz - Auditions (Rejected)
-Funko Fundays 2022
-FDO9- San Diego 2023
-Camp Fundays 2023 (Sandwich survivor!)

Marvel_Mama

Postby Marvel_Mama » Mon Jun 06, 2022 6:32 pm

I love the tiny bobble head on these. Managed to pull a chase Boba!!! That blue glow is SIIICCCKKKKKK.
Diedre Loves her Funko Family
marvel_mama444 on insta - formerly Divade23 Marvel_Mama

Return to “Soda”