Back to The Future

Included with each SODA can is a 4.25” vinyl figure and a collectible disc both with a 1 in 6 chase variant!
Trujitsu Ninja

Back to The Future

Postby Trujitsu Ninja » Sun May 15, 2022 10:03 pm

I noticed we haven’t gotten any Back to The Future sodas. Marty in his 2015 outfit and the chase would be him with the hover board in his hand. Doc I could see 2 different chases common would be him also in his 2015 suit the chase could be him holding the flux capacitor or in a radioactive state. What are your thoughts and what would you like to see?
:smt027 Trujitsu Ninja
Current collection count 540 updated 06/08/22
Interest pops Anime MHA and Naruto. Movie pops Pennywise, Killer Clowns and Warriors.

Tusken

Re: Back to The Future

Postby Tusken » Mon May 16, 2022 10:37 am

Trujitsu Ninja wrote:I noticed we haven’t gotten any Back to The Future sodas. Marty in his 2015 outfit and the chase would be him with the hover board in his hand. Doc I could see 2 different chases common would be him also in his 2015 suit the chase could be him holding the flux capacitor or in a radioactive state. What are your thoughts and what would you like to see?

That would be cool and you are right we don't have any BTF sodas. Maybe the chase soda could be Marty in his western wear pink (Blacklight). As for Doc I would take him in western wear as well but flocked as chase. :freddy3:
Hi I'm Tusken.
Top Fan Badge of Funko, Funko Europe, Funko (Hollywood), Funko Games, Funko Blitz
Funko Winner of Danger Mouse 2021 - Twitter
Image Image Image Image

sdcccrasher

Postby sdcccrasher » Mon May 16, 2022 10:41 am

Trujitsu Ninja wrote:I noticed we haven’t gotten any Back to The Future sodas. Marty in his 2015 outfit and the chase would be him with the hover board in his hand. Doc I could see 2 different chases common would be him also in his 2015 suit the chase could be him holding the flux capacitor or in a radioactive state. What are your thoughts and what would you like to see?

=D> =D> =D> These have to happen ... totally awesome!!! =D> =D> =D>
Hello! I'm Roger :freddy1:

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Mon May 16, 2022 10:45 am

i'm actually annoyed with myself for not having thought about this lol i think BTTF soda would be a hit. not necessarily advocating for any particular chases since i think the commons would look great themselves. marty in his part 1 80's attire and doc in a lab coat would be just fine.

lavery01
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby lavery01 » Mon May 16, 2022 11:44 am

I mean we do have the back to the future pops and ride, I think it’s only a matter of time before the sodas happen. lol
Hi I'm Latricia \:D/

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Mon May 16, 2022 2:45 pm

mongoose12 wrote:i'm actually annoyed with myself for not having thought about this lol i think BTTF soda would be a hit. not necessarily advocating for any particular chases since i think the commons would look great themselves. marty in his part 1 80's attire and doc in a lab coat would be just fine.

I'd be very happy with just an 80's Marty & Doc in lab coat. Maybe with GID "radioactive plutonium" green chases...
Hi, I am Shawn. Iron Man junkie, Soda-holic and Hikari addict. Funklub member #14300/01057

Mawhonic7

Postby Mawhonic7 » Mon May 16, 2022 3:42 pm

I would be shocked if Marty and Doc sodas weren’t already designed and in the queue.
Hi! I’m Eric

hpellot

Postby hpellot » Mon May 16, 2022 6:02 pm

Maybe a six pack that comes in a delorean instead of cooler??
ImageImageImage

Some people call me the orange hoodie

ISO funko Force creature from black lagoon chase Glow in the dark

LakerSpartan117

Postby LakerSpartan117 » Mon May 16, 2022 6:10 pm

After getting one of the loungefly BTTF backpacks from plastic empire, I could definitely see them doing soda. I kind of want a new Pop more to be honest. A 2-pack of Doc and Marty posing by the clock from Part 3.
ImageImageImageImageImage

Trujitsu Ninja

Postby Trujitsu Ninja » Tue May 17, 2022 7:13 am

hpellot wrote:

That’s a dope idea.
Interest pops Anime MHA and Naruto. Movie pops Pennywise, Killer Clowns and Warriors.

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Tue May 17, 2022 10:47 am

mohawkjones wrote:
mongoose12 wrote:i'm actually annoyed with myself for not having thought about this lol i think BTTF soda would be a hit. not necessarily advocating for any particular chases since i think the commons would look great themselves. marty in his part 1 80's attire and doc in a lab coat would be just fine.

I'd be very happy with just an 80's Marty & Doc in lab coat. Maybe with GID "radioactive plutonium" green chases...

i think funko is trying to distinguish the soda chases from the pop chases/variants (to some degree at least)...this is why i've argued we haven't seen a gitd green lantern soda or chase lol...being that we have gid marty plutonium pop and a git doc pop i dont know if funko would go down that path again...not saying i wouldn't welcome these as soda lol just saying from what i've noticed the soda chases generally don't mimic the pops variants.

HockeyDad

Postby HockeyDad » Wed May 18, 2022 1:55 am

Tusken wrote:

That would be cool and you are right we don't have any BTF sodas. Maybe the chase soda could be Marty in his western wear pink (Blacklight). As for Doc I would take him in western wear as well but flocked as chase. :freddy3:

I'd go for those ideas!
I'm Greg. My son is "RSVHockeyDude". We collect Funko products together.
Pop! Count = 3133
Pop! Pez Count = 197
Funko Soda (My New Favorite): 762 different Sodas including Intl Versions
Other Funko Products (Hikari, Vynl, Wobblers, etc) = 87
Proto Count = 14 Pop (Mostly NHL; a little of Battlestar Galactica, Star Wars, Disney, The Simpsons); 4 Soda (NYCC Freddy)

HockeyDad

Postby HockeyDad » Wed May 18, 2022 2:01 am

How about Marty in his 1985 clothing as the common, then the chase could be when he's dressed up to play Johnny Be Good.
For Doc, I'd love his common to be in his Lab Coat, then the chase to be his 1950s attire.
I'm Greg. My son is "RSVHockeyDude". We collect Funko products together.
Pop! Count = 3133
Pop! Pez Count = 197
Funko Soda (My New Favorite): 762 different Sodas including Intl Versions
Other Funko Products (Hikari, Vynl, Wobblers, etc) = 87
Proto Count = 14 Pop (Mostly NHL; a little of Battlestar Galactica, Star Wars, Disney, The Simpsons); 4 Soda (NYCC Freddy)

digithor

Postby digithor » Wed May 18, 2022 2:20 am

LakerSpartan117 wrote:After getting one of the loungefly BTTF backpacks from plastic empire, I could definitely see them doing soda. I kind of want a new Pop more to be honest. A 2-pack of Doc and Marty posing by the clock from Part 3.

Oh that would be a good two pack.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Wed May 18, 2022 6:04 pm

mongoose12 wrote:i think funko is trying to distinguish the soda chases from the pop chases/variants (to some degree at least)...this is why i've argued we haven't seen a gitd green lantern soda or chase lol...being that we have gid marty plutonium pop and a git doc pop i dont know if funko would go down that path again...not saying i wouldn't welcome these as soda lol just saying from what i've noticed the soda chases generally don't mimic the pops variants.

Fine… thanks a lot Captain Buzzkill… ;-)
Hi, I am Shawn. Iron Man junkie, Soda-holic and Hikari addict. Funklub member #14300/01057

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Wed May 18, 2022 7:31 pm

mohawkjones wrote:
mongoose12 wrote:i think funko is trying to distinguish the soda chases from the pop chases/variants (to some degree at least)...this is why i've argued we haven't seen a gitd green lantern soda or chase lol...being that we have gid marty plutonium pop and a git doc pop i dont know if funko would go down that path again...not saying i wouldn't welcome these as soda lol just saying from what i've noticed the soda chases generally don't mimic the pops variants.

Fine… thanks a lot Captain Buzzkill… ;-)

Lol not all heroes wear capes

Niteowl_1

Postby Niteowl_1 » Wed May 18, 2022 8:01 pm

I did ask Brian Mariotti on Twitter about back to the future soda. He replied saying seems likely
Also love any idea for bttf soda really. You can even make a deloreon with the chase being the second movie deloreon or even broken down deloreon in 3
Iso: freddy funko as doc brown regular and glow, back to the future protos,mirio hero costume (lemillion)proto, killua proto, one piece and demon slayer protos
Image Image Image Image Image Image

Lobstercrossing

Postby Lobstercrossing » Wed May 18, 2022 8:21 pm

hpellot wrote:

Dude.. that would be AWESOME =D> =D> =D>
My real name is Noah, but you can call me... Noah.

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Wed May 18, 2022 9:09 pm

Mawhonic7 wrote:I would be shocked if Marty and Doc sodas weren’t already designed and in the queue.

Agreed, it's too big of a seller. They could do a 6 pack of them with a version from each movie.
ISO Pockets Snapsie
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

o2thedbld5

Postby o2thedbld5 » Wed May 18, 2022 11:59 pm

An Einstein would be cuuuute!! ^.^
This be Aud, o2thedbld, odd!
Fav pop: Thumper :bunny:
ISO: The Jesus from The Big Lebowski, Audrey Hepburn Wacky Wobbler, Mars Attacks Martian

ImageImageImage

hpellot

Postby hpellot » Thu May 19, 2022 12:38 pm

NCDS wrote:
Mawhonic7 wrote:I would be shocked if Marty and Doc sodas weren’t already designed and in the queue.

Agreed, it's too big of a seller. They could do a 6 pack of them with a version from each movie.

I agree it would sell well
ImageImageImage

Hgmaddhatter

Postby Hgmaddhatter » Tue May 24, 2022 12:50 am

hpellot wrote:
NCDS wrote:

Ohh Id love a lunchbox set, Im kindof obsessed with the bags so thats a sure fire way to get me to order the whole set lol
Image Image ImageImage

hpellot

Postby hpellot » Tue May 24, 2022 11:41 am

Hgmaddhatter wrote:
hpellot wrote:
NCDS wrote:

Ohh Id love a lunchbox set, Im kindof obsessed with the bags so thats a sure fire way to get me to order the whole set lol

I agree a lunch box set would be great maybe even the shape of the car
ImageImageImage

Hgmaddhatter

Postby Hgmaddhatter » Tue May 24, 2022 12:57 pm

hpellot wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:
hpellot wrote:

Oh I'd love it if we got different shaped one's. Or if they want it rectangular maybe a hoverboard or Flux capacitor design?
Image Image ImageImage

hpellot

Postby hpellot » Tue May 24, 2022 5:37 pm

Hgmaddhatter wrote:
hpellot wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:Ohh Id love a lunchbox set, Im kindof obsessed with the bags so thats a sure fire way to get me to order the whole set lol

Oh I'd love it if we got different shaped one's. Or if they want it rectangular maybe a hoverboard or Flux capacitor design?

I love the idea of the flux as the shape
Thanks for sharing
ImageImageImage

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Tue May 24, 2022 7:08 pm

hpellot wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:
hpellot wrote:

Thanks for sharing

I agree that would be perfect.
ISO Pockets Snapsie
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

Hgmaddhatter

Postby Hgmaddhatter » Wed May 25, 2022 11:40 am

NCDS wrote:
hpellot wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:Oh I'd love it if we got different shaped one's. Or if they want it rectangular maybe a hoverboard or Flux capacitor design?

Thanks for sharing

I like the design of the first 2 but switching it up would keep me interested in the sets for sure. And something I'm on the fence on could be sold by the bag lol
Image Image ImageImage

hpellot

Postby hpellot » Wed May 25, 2022 11:45 am

Hgmaddhatter wrote:
NCDS wrote:
hpellot wrote:

Thanks for sharing

I like the design of the first 2 but switching it up would keep me interested in the sets for sure. And something I'm on the fence on could be sold by the bag lol

Exactly I feel the same way
ImageImageImage

Trujitsu Ninja

Postby Trujitsu Ninja » Thu May 26, 2022 8:49 am

Niteowl_1 wrote:

I did ask Brian Mariotti on Twitter about back to the future soda. He replied saying seems likely
Also love any idea for bttf soda really. You can even make a deloreon with the chase being the second movie deloreon or even broken down deloreon in 3

I seen a pic that had something about a doc soda coming. There was no actual picture of the product but the place holder for stock on a target scanning gun.

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Thu May 26, 2022 6:44 pm

BTTF soda would be cool with me, and since Soda likes to be a bit more obscure maybe we can get them in part 3 attire first

Hgmaddhatter

Postby Hgmaddhatter » Fri May 27, 2022 9:29 pm

Mr Yac wrote:BTTF soda would be cool with me, and since Soda likes to be a bit more obscure maybe we can get them in part 3 attire first

Yes, I love it when they do a character we have in pop form but a different outfit or variation. Keeps the lines interesting since a lot of times I have a bit of both sodas and pops displayed together.
Image Image ImageImage

squidward

Postby squidward » Fri May 27, 2022 10:11 pm

Any and all BTTF would be awesome. Marty and Doc, of course. But we need Biff and Griff as the chase. :-)
Member of TUFF. Attended: Fundays 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, Virtual 2021, 2022. HQ Grand Opening. Hollywood Grand Opening. Making Fun Premiere. Funkon 1 & 2. Fright Night 1. Multiple SDCC, NYCC, ECCC, Fugitive Parties. Lover of Funko Artist Sketches.

Toronto

Postby Toronto » Fri May 27, 2022 10:38 pm

squidward wrote:Any and all BTTF would be awesome. Marty and Doc, of course. But we need Biff and Griff as the chase. :-)

I would need a Marty throughout the ages.
BTTF 1 with skateboard, BTTF 2 with the oversized sleeves and BBTT 3 in the western gear!
ISO:Spidey/Pennywise/Mono Conans, Jubilee & Scott Pilgrim Protos [Scott Common/Dorbz]
Dream Pops:Toronto Raptors player Pops, Kimono jacket Daniel from Karate Kid 2.
Hopeful Next Funko Store Location?: The desperately needed Toronto, ON Canada #FunkoToronto
Recently Completed: Calendar Go Sailor Moon [Thanks RedRoo], Scott Pilgrim Proto - Ramona & Gideon, Mooby Protos - Both Yellow & White!

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Fri May 27, 2022 11:09 pm

squidward wrote:Any and all BTTF would be awesome. Marty and Doc, of course. But we need Biff and Griff as the chase. :-)

i hate when different characters are the chase, not only is it a pain to get but i hate when the can doesn't match! i think for Biff we have plenty of options for a chase, could be middle aged or old man as the chase, or scented manure variant ;)

Trendkill24hr

Postby Trendkill24hr » Fri May 27, 2022 11:21 pm

Mr Yac wrote:

i hate when different characters are the chase, not only is it a pain to get but i hate when the can doesn't match! i think for Biff we have plenty of options for a chase, could be middle aged or old man as the chase, or scented manure variant ;)

I vote for the scented manure variant lol
"Being a geek means never having to play it cool about how much you like something" Simon Pegg

Call me C.J. :)
Events: Fundays 2022 & 2023, Fright Night 2022, FDO9
Collection: 372 pieces as of 03/25/24
ISO Proto: Paka Paka Dragon

Trendkill24hr

Postby Trendkill24hr » Fri May 27, 2022 11:23 pm

I’d like to see Griff for sure, they still need a pop of him
"Being a geek means never having to play it cool about how much you like something" Simon Pegg

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Fri May 27, 2022 11:45 pm

Trendkill24hr wrote:

we need Griff and Mad Dog. the Tannen's are as important to the franchise as Doc & Marty are.

digithor

Postby digithor » Sat May 28, 2022 1:44 am

Mr Yac wrote:
Trendkill24hr wrote:

we need Griff and Mad Dog. the Tannen's are as important to the franchise as Doc & Marty are.

That's some truth, would be rather strange at this point to imagine the story without them and something else in place.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

Trendkill24hr

Postby Trendkill24hr » Tue May 31, 2022 9:31 am

Mr Yac wrote:
Trendkill24hr wrote:

True that, every time era needed an antagonist from the ole Biff family tree

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Wed Jun 01, 2022 7:36 pm

Call me stupid but I honestly thought we were getting a GITD Doc soda as the Plastic Empire Exclusive. :rolleyes:
Image Image
ImageImage

Return to “Soda”