Fundays Freddy Soda?

Included with each SODA can is a 4.25” vinyl figure and a collectible disc both with a 1 in 6 chase variant!
mongoose12

Re: Fundays Freddy Soda?

Postby mongoose12 » Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:47 pm

willy wonka wrote:
mongoose12 wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:
I mean everyone could always trade in the lobby of hotel. I do think the fact this was first fundays and con back for a lot of people since the start of COVID. I know I found myself exhausted just after Wednesday and Thursday. I was definitely not in con shape.

This is not far off. I kept telling my friends “im tired” as a reason for not sticking around for long after the show lol

I definatly was not in shape. Took naps throughout the day lol

not to get too off thread topic lol but for me it was the lack of carpet inside the convention that wore me out by friday lol

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:42 pm

mongoose12 wrote:
willy wonka wrote:
mongoose12 wrote:
This is not far off. I kept telling my friends “im tired” as a reason for not sticking around for long after the show lol

not to get too off thread topic lol but for me it was the lack of carpet inside the convention that wore me out by friday lol

Yea I agree with that and like you too I was done by Saturday morning.
Image Image
ImageImage

Vteck

Postby Vteck » Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:54 pm

Dsho333 wrote:
ocwankenobi wrote:
CaliCollectibles wrote:
Haha, literally. Blacklight Bandits fell to 2nd place. So close! :drunken:

Good try. I was part of the Bandits. So close. Robos made out like the bandits with the blacklight Optimus and Soda.

It should clearly be in the rules that if you were in the blacklight Optimus quadrant the blacklight Freddy soda MUST go to one of the other three. And honestly probably the clowns and their Fresh Freddy lol.

I will gladly take any donations of the Freddy soda. That Freddy fresh felt like a low blow after all the other prizes and then the soda.

I am with you the donations part lol
Hello I'm Victor!!

Pop count:2300

Dorbz count:110

Proto count:6

ImageImage

Vteck

Postby Vteck » Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:56 pm

ocwankenobi wrote:
CaliCollectibles wrote:
Vteck wrote:
You were close LJ very close lol

Good try. I was part of the Bandits. So close. Robos made out like the bandits with the blacklight Optimus and Soda.

It should clearly be in the rules that if you were in the blacklight Optimus quadrant the blacklight Freddy soda MUST go to one of the other three. And honestly probably the clowns and their Fresh Freddy lol.

LOLOL
Hello I'm Victor!!

Pop count:2300

Dorbz count:110

Proto count:6

ImageImage

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:05 am

DrunkoPop wrote:
mongoose12 wrote:
willy wonka wrote:

Yeah the lack of carpet doesn't surprise me. Before COVID, my wife worked at the center. She warned me less carpet for future conventions.
Collecting since 2014

Stat32111

Postby Stat32111 » Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:13 am

ocwankenobi wrote:
CaliCollectibles wrote:
Vteck wrote:

I felt pretty bad for the crowns with the fresh. Everyone was trying to trade those afterwards with no takers
Instagram- calebshiny

volsspongebob

Postby volsspongebob » Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:04 pm

Stat32111 wrote:
ocwankenobi wrote:
CaliCollectibles wrote:

I felt pretty bad for the crowns with the fresh. Everyone was trying to trade those afterwards with no takers

Choosing to be on the Protos for Fundays may have been one of the greatest decisions I have ever made. The loot was far above the other teams. The top 2 prizes for the whole event landed on our tables.
Love to Collect the 80s stuff. Also chasing the OG Rocky Set. First Funko Purchase was 2012 SDCC.

MISSING FUNDAYS ON A DAILY BASIS!!

[size=85]Image

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:23 pm

volsspongebob wrote:
Stat32111 wrote:
ocwankenobi wrote:

Choosing to be on the Protos for Fundays may have been one of the greatest decisions I have ever made. The loot was far above the other teams. The top 2 prizes for the whole event landed on our tables.

i was sure the Crowns were going to get a blacklight Loki for their prize, but at the end of the day Funko made some real questionable choices on the team prizes.

ocwankenobi

Postby ocwankenobi » Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:54 am

Mr Yac wrote:
volsspongebob wrote:
Stat32111 wrote:I felt pretty bad for the crowns with the fresh. Everyone was trying to trade those afterwards with no takers

i was sure the Crowns were going to get a blacklight Loki for their prize, but at the end of the day Funko made some real questionable choices on the team prizes.

Not sure what is more painful. Baywatch Freddy section next to Yoda Freddy section. Or Fresh Freddy section next to Blacklight Optimus Freddy section.
(Signature powered by VALOR Industries 4.0)

gospeedracer

Postby gospeedracer » Sat Aug 13, 2022 12:15 pm

I would have been happy on any team. I do love the swag but just getting together with other Funatics and the show is the best part. Walking out with all the cool stuff and protos is icing on the cake. maybe net year I will be lucky enough to get tickets :beerchug: :beerchug:

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Sat Aug 13, 2022 1:59 pm

ocwankenobi wrote:Not sure what is more painful. Baywatch Freddy section next to Yoda Freddy section. Or Fresh Freddy section next to Blacklight Optimus Freddy section.

Yoda for sure, just because Optimus was the best of the 4 doesn't mean he's all that good. besides EVERYBODY else got an optimus already.....but don't get me started on that again :roflmao:

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Sat Aug 13, 2022 3:50 pm

nascar246788 wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
mongoose12 wrote:

Yeah the lack of carpet doesn't surprise me. Before COVID, my wife worked at the center. She warned me less carpet for future conventions.

Interesting. :-k
Image Image
ImageImage

CaliCollectibles
CotM & CotY
CotM & CotY

Postby CaliCollectibles » Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:41 am

ocwankenobi wrote:
CaliCollectibles wrote:
Vteck wrote:

Haha no fun without the risk of losing it all! lol That black light Optimus and Soda were some great prizes!
Hi, I'm L.J. :spiderman: US Navy Veteran

Proto ISO: US Navy Sailor (Dress Whites), Inspector Gadget, Romeo (Romeo & Juliet).

Instagram/Twitter/YouTube: CaliCollectibles
https://www.instagram.com/calicollectibles

CaliCollectibles
CotM & CotY
CotM & CotY

Postby CaliCollectibles » Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:44 am

ocwankenobi wrote:
Mr Yac wrote:
volsspongebob wrote:

Not sure what is more painful. Baywatch Freddy section next to Yoda Freddy section. Or Fresh Freddy section next to Blacklight Optimus Freddy section.

Hahaha perfect comparison. How about getting a Freddy dorbz next to the table that got Dr. Strange Freddy. :drunken: My dorbz Freddy is still alive and well somewhere in my room.
Hi, I'm L.J. :spiderman: US Navy Veteran

Proto ISO: US Navy Sailor (Dress Whites), Inspector Gadget, Romeo (Romeo & Juliet).

Instagram/Twitter/YouTube: CaliCollectibles
https://www.instagram.com/calicollectibles

digithor

Postby digithor » Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:53 am

ocwankenobi wrote:
Mr Yac wrote:
volsspongebob wrote:

That yoda freddy is my pick, such a good one.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

ocwankenobi

Postby ocwankenobi » Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:16 pm

CaliCollectibles wrote:
ocwankenobi wrote:
Mr Yac wrote:

Hahaha perfect comparison. How about getting a Freddy dorbz next to the table that got Dr. Strange Freddy. :drunken: My dorbz Freddy is still alive and well somewhere in my room.

But what shirt is your dorbz wearing ? Because that changes.... nothing. That Strange pop is huge.
(Signature powered by VALOR Industries 4.0)

Kal-El-051

Postby Kal-El-051 » Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:32 am

nascar246788 wrote:
Kal-El-051 wrote:
willy wonka wrote:

They have done this in the past, although this year seemed quicker than before. I understand from a workers point of view they just want to clean up and go home. From our perspective we want to hang out and trade.

My absolute most favorite part of fundays has always been the trading that takes place afterwards. Hopeful it will be better next year.

I mean everyone could always trade in the lobby of hotel. I do think the fact this was first fundays and con back for a lot of people since the start of COVID. I know I found myself exhausted just after Wednesday and Thursday. I was definitely not in con shape.

Haha! You and I both my friend! I tapped out pretty early every night this year.

Kal-El-051

Postby Kal-El-051 » Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:33 am

willy wonka wrote:
mongoose12 wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:

I wish I could say I did the same. If I had I probably would have made it later into the night.

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:46 am

Kal-El-051 wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:
Kal-El-051 wrote:
My absolute most favorite part of fundays has always been the trading that takes place afterwards. Hopeful it will be better next year.

Haha! You and I both my friend! I tapped out pretty early every night this year.

Next year we will be better!!
Collecting since 2014

digithor

Postby digithor » Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:55 am

You have a good amount of time to get back into that convention shape.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Wed Aug 24, 2022 1:39 am

[quote="digithor"]You have a good amount of time to get back into that convention shape.[/quote]

Yes we do.
Collecting since 2014

Return to “Soda”