No more LE Counts for Sodas?

Included with each SODA can is a 4.25” vinyl figure and a collectible disc both with a 1 in 6 chase variant!
renardchua
Collector Of The Year
Collector Of The Year

No more LE Counts for Sodas?

Postby renardchua » Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:06 pm

Saw the latest Black Panther Reveal, which is available to all retailers.

So - is Funko moving away with LE count Funko sodas?

Last edited by renardchua on Fri Nov 18, 2022 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hi, I’m Renard. :freddy3:
Instagram: @renardchua

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Re: No more LE Counts for Sodas?

Postby CaseyJones14 » Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:11 pm

I think they'll still have counts, but just haven't figured out what numbers there will be yet.
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

renardchua
Collector Of The Year
Collector Of The Year

Postby renardchua » Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:16 pm

CaseyJones14 wrote:I think they'll still have counts, but just haven't figured out what numbers there will be yet.

My initial thought is that it will probably follow the "standard" production counts they do with Pops! (or any other line with chases before).

Of course this number we don't know, but it will be significantly more than the previous Soda releases.

We have to wait and see - but I really do hope we still have some LE counts in these.

FireEmblemZack

Postby FireEmblemZack » Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:27 pm

It's an interesting thought and I had the same at first!
But I remember this happened once before with Wondercon 2020 where Fruit Brute and Yummy Mummy were announced with no count and it wasn't until drop time when we found out they were 5k.
Maybe they are going to gauge interest with preorders and then make a general final count!
So maybe 8k preorders are documented by retailers, they round up to 10k and boom
EDIT: oops i'm a time traveler and thought 2022 was 2020
Last edited by FireEmblemZack on Thu Nov 17, 2022 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image R.I.P. Buddy, my bestest friend

renardchua
Collector Of The Year
Collector Of The Year

Postby renardchua » Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:33 pm

Update: We get some more with LE counts with Felix The Cat and Lotso with Piece counts.

So we just have to wait and see on what really happens.

FireEmblemZack

Postby FireEmblemZack » Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:36 pm

renardchua wrote:Update: We get some more with LE counts with Felix The Cat and Lotso with Piece counts.

Those ones look so good!!!!!
And I was also thinking maybe this is a way for retailers like Target to carry sodas.
I know from first hand experience that those likely would get stolen at my store I work at. The mystery toys are always getting opened by kids and such

Anthonybisi

Postby Anthonybisi » Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:55 pm

renardchua wrote:Saw the latest Black Panther Reveal, which is available to all retailers.

So strange I wonder why no le count or even if the soda will be a le I’m probably going to wait it out on buying these funko sodas until I’m sure it has a le on it I really want that Namor!

Anthonybisi

Postby Anthonybisi » Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:56 pm

renardchua wrote:Update: We get some more with LE counts with Felix The Cat and Lotso with Piece counts.

I’m happy there’s a le on those I really like that lotso soda so cool.

lavery01
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby lavery01 » Thu Nov 17, 2022 2:19 pm

I sure hope not, wouldn’t be the same without LE sodas. These all look awesome, will definitely be adding to our collection, and the movie was amazing IMO.
Hi I'm Latricia \:D/

FlinksPoppinPics

Postby FlinksPoppinPics » Thu Nov 17, 2022 3:18 pm

Yeah I think it's only because they haven't finalized the counts, though it's also possible they may be moving towards non-LE sodas? Would be an interesting change for the line.

Jonathan (Jenkins) | IG: @FlinksPoppinPics
Make life one long weekend!
#FunkoFamily since 2015

scullysdad

Postby scullysdad » Thu Nov 17, 2022 3:39 pm

I have seen a lot of people complain that the counts are getting so high, so Sodas without numbers might lose some collectors. I personally don’t care, but a lot of people do.
Please Funko make Taylor Swift Pops!

Most wanted non-Taylor Pops: Carson Teva, Naru from Prey, The Last of Us TV show

BigM
HoF 2019 & CotM
HoF 2019 & CotM

Postby BigM » Thu Nov 17, 2022 3:48 pm

I was curious if they would switch to this due to their popularity. Assuming they don’t number them. Guess we’ll see soon.
Mickey :SW7:
IG: Fuzzybunnyshogun
Looking for IRON MAIDEN POP PROTOS
Team Deadpool!
COTM 01/17

Fnava87

Postby Fnava87 » Thu Nov 17, 2022 3:49 pm

renardchua wrote:Saw the latest Black Panther Reveal, which is available to all retailers.

Interesting Point We would just have to wait and find out :freddy2: :freddy2: hahaha

Dsho333

Postby Dsho333 » Thu Nov 17, 2022 4:23 pm

I believe the move from LE piece counts was that they would be too high being at most retail stores. I don't want any "limited" amount being over 20k. It's not limited anymore. The bigger question will be if stores receive full cases of each character or mixed characters like some pops ship as a full wave rather than individuals.

jumpinlilies

Postby jumpinlilies » Thu Nov 17, 2022 6:48 pm

I guess from a business standpoint it makes sense to release "non-limited" piece counts ... maybe they are hoping to make it more like pops where there are commons, chases, con releases, and some limited pieces.

lazcommalisa
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby lazcommalisa » Thu Nov 17, 2022 8:04 pm

They're glam shots. I think we need to wait and see what the final product looks like in hand.

DFWFunkoHunter

Postby DFWFunkoHunter » Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:03 pm

lazcommalisa wrote:They're glam shots. I think we need to wait and see what the final product looks like in hand.

Mathis is what I was thinking when I seen some complaints elsewhere. I don’t mind some things with no LE but do hope they maintain some low LE pieces because it’s what keeps collectibles just that.

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:27 pm

in all honesty they've already ruined the "limited" illusion with the 25,000-count nonsense and the international which just allowed them to at least double every single piece so they might as well just do away with it all together, besides i'm sure there is infinity people in the world just dying for a Queen Ramonda on their shelves :roflmao:

Swatrob

Postby Swatrob » Fri Nov 18, 2022 12:34 am

CaseyJones14 wrote:I think they'll still have counts, but just haven't figured out what numbers there will be yet.

I’m assuming this is the correct answer. I bet they just don’t know the final numbers ye. But these are super cool and I hope the numbers make them easy to find.
Walking Dead Super Fan, collector of random sets, Harry Potter, Star Wars, horror, Disney, and a few other here and there. Funko Funclub member. Have luckily attended Fundays, collecting since early 2000’s.

PopBaron74

Postby PopBaron74 » Fri Nov 18, 2022 12:54 am

I hope they don’t go down the unlimited counts on the sodas that to me is what made them a little more appealing other than the design. You could get LE items and if you hit the chase you knew you have an even more LE item. But if we look at it none of pops that have chases show a piece count and they’ve solidified their foothold with sodas in their mind so why not make more or less and not be held to a number. If they want to restock sodas like they do pops they aren’t constricted by a prestated piece count.

Legion Of Boom
HoF 2023 & Spirit
HoF 2023 & Spirit

Postby Legion Of Boom » Fri Nov 18, 2022 2:57 am

I'm pretty sure that these are a non-LE release and they'll probably be available at more "big box" stores. At least there's still a chase for every character and it'll still be mystery style chance. Also, there are more waves/sets like this one on the way...not sure how well these non-numbered sodas will do, but if they're smart with character selection, then they should be alright.

I'm glad that they're not getting rid of the LE releases tho, cause the limited numbers on some of these is what really draws the collectors.
name's Av

Instagram - @av.cruz // Twitter - @avcruz76

IG & Twitter - @averagenerdpod

Fundays 2014 - Fundays 2015 - Fundays 2016 - Fundays 2017 - Fundays 2018 - Fundays 2019 - Fundays 2022 - Fundays 2023
Fright Night 2016 - Fright Night II 2022

FDO8SF 2018 - FDO9SAC 2023
"Making Fun" World Premiere - Hollywood 2018
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening 2019
FunKon 2021 - FunKon 2022

digithor

Postby digithor » Fri Nov 18, 2022 4:03 am

Mr Yac wrote:in all honesty they've already ruined the "limited" illusion with the 25,000-count nonsense and the international which just allowed them to at least double every single piece so they might as well just do away with it all together, besides i'm sure there is infinity people in the world just dying for a Queen Ramonda on their shelves :roflmao:

Between those normal cans and the international ones, they really did push up the counts. Though it did make it a little easier to get some of the sodas with the international editions. That isn't even including toysrus, since they take months to get convention shared items. That's even if they end up getting any of the "shared" exclusives that are advertised.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

Wiselordship

Postby Wiselordship » Fri Nov 18, 2022 9:57 am

I think we do just need to wait for final product to see if they stick with no count. Wonder if they are just trying to see if there is a bigger market that they could do it and sale out or they are just glam shots that they want to see what the final count should be due to feedback. I mean the LE counts have got crazy, Sanderson sisters *cough cough*, so we will have to see if this stands as the first none marked limited.

Honestly, I think it is not wise since we see how long the larger count sodas sit on their site.

Bad Motherfunko

Postby Bad Motherfunko » Fri Nov 18, 2022 10:51 am

I'm with Casey on this. Def think they will have counts but they wanted to push the glams for the film before they figured out counts.
Avatar Protos: https://i.imgur.com/iLdXwes.jpg
Collecting Funko since 2012.
Main Collections: Anything Avatar or Game of Thrones/House of the Dragon
Events Attended: Funko Hollywood Opening, Funkon '21, Fundays '22, SDCC '19/'22
Proud member of Funko Fiends (PSW) and The United Funko Family <3
Instagrams: @bad.motherfunko & @lollipop_customs

ISO Avatar the Last Airbender and The Legend of Korra Protos

Sthesuperstar

Postby Sthesuperstar » Fri Nov 18, 2022 1:51 pm

I will be purchasing all of these, but hopefully there is something LE about them
Follow Me On Instagram @sthesuperstar
ISO SIMPSONS POPS & PROTOS
Member Of Funko Fiends Midwest as of November 2019 :freddy1:

yamster8888

Postby yamster8888 » Fri Nov 18, 2022 1:56 pm

going to have open LE Sodas now, just like Pops. Guessing only con exclusive will have LE numbers anymore

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Fri Nov 18, 2022 8:08 pm

Sthesuperstar wrote:I will be purchasing all of these, but hopefully there is something LE about them

I’m pretty sure there will be LE. We just have to wait and see.
Image Image
ImageImage

ddiggler421

Postby ddiggler421 » Sat Nov 19, 2022 12:49 am

Wonder if they will still have pigs if the remove them

lazcommalisa
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby lazcommalisa » Sat Nov 19, 2022 7:20 am

DFWFunkoHunter wrote:
lazcommalisa wrote:They're glam shots. I think we need to wait and see what the final product looks like in hand.

Mathis is what I was thinking when I seen some complaints elsewhere. I don’t mind some things with no LE but do hope they maintain some low LE pieces because it’s what keeps collectibles just that.

I agree with keeping "sorta" LE and I do enjoy that aspect. I wonder with the BPWF sodas, that maybe its Funko trial run of soda in big box retailers like Target, Walmart and Amazon

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Mon Nov 21, 2022 9:04 am

so long as we still get some LE freddys i'm happy...and even if they stop LE freddys i'll still collect them haha

willy wonka
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby willy wonka » Mon Nov 21, 2022 10:25 am

I am hoping they are not getting rid of them. I don't mind the higher le counts but You should know at least the total they are making.
Just call me Joe...

ImageImage
ISO: Freddy Mad Hatter LE 1/24, Mad Hatter Protos,
SDCC 4 Pack Dorbz(Found thanks to another Funatic)

WinterBz

Postby WinterBz » Sat Nov 26, 2022 11:38 am

Same. I hope they don’t get rid of them. One of the things that attracts me to sodas is that there are LE, which makes it more special. If they start to be super common, then I’d rather spend that same amount of money getting pops

TJLAUTERBACH

Postby TJLAUTERBACH » Sun Nov 27, 2022 3:59 am

As always just get what interests you and don't worry about piece counts. In the end you will be much happier. Is it a nice surprise sometimes to know it is limited yes, but collect for yourself first. I can name countless things I am super excited to have and it was only possible because it wasn't limited.

mohawkjones

Postby mohawkjones » Thu Dec 08, 2022 4:09 pm

Unpopular opinion here but I am okay with Funko dropping the LE aspect, it just means the more the merrier in my opinion. It allows late comers to the Soda game to jump onboard easier with more realistic quantities and prices to attract them. It's a lot tougher to bring in new blood when the earlier LE pieces demand such a high secondary market price.

It always seems a bit selfish to me when people get worked up about things having a limited edition so they can have it but others can't, especially with smaller ticket mass-market items like $15 Soda figures. Share the love, collect what you love and let them breathe (OOB/OOC)! Again, unpopular opinion… I know.

:smt031
Hi, I am Shawn. Iron Man junkie, Soda-holic and Hikari addict. Funklub member #14300/01057

DG_FunkPoppa

Postby DG_FunkPoppa » Fri Dec 30, 2022 9:18 pm

TJLAUTERBACH wrote:As always just get what interests you and don't worry about piece counts. In the end you will be much happier. Is it a nice surprise sometimes to know it is limited yes, but collect for yourself first. I can name countless things I am super excited to have and it was only possible because it wasn't limited.

I really enjoyed reading this post! I get super excited over some common pops and sodas.

islander671

Postby islander671 » Fri Jan 06, 2023 6:31 pm

I love the idea of everyone getting one but in some ways I hope they dont go away from the LE count as that may mean there may not be anymore chases. I guess if they decide they only need to make one mold and no chases then sure remove the LE count. But personally as much as the Chases are nice, the hunt for them was what enticed me to get into sodas.
ImageImage

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun Jan 08, 2023 1:57 am

Got my first soda from this wave - a common Okoye, which I am perfectly happy with - I liked the common more than the chase with this particular round. But the soda definitely had no LE count, and it was so WEIRD! I'm not collecting this particular batch for the any other reason than that I liked the sodas, but I think I prefer knowing the count. Curious to see if they are ALL no LE, including the exclusives.
Image ImageImage Image

islander671

Postby islander671 » Mon Jan 09, 2023 12:25 pm

Katers wrote:Got my first soda from this wave - a common Okoye, which I am perfectly happy with - I liked the common more than the chase with this particular round. But the soda definitely had no LE count, and it was so WEIRD! I'm not collecting this particular batch for the any other reason than that I liked the sodas, but I think I prefer knowing the count. Curious to see if they are ALL no LE, including the exclusives.

I agree with you there Katers, I actually like the common more than the chase. But may I ask did the pog just say common, with no LE count? I wonder how do they indicate how many chase pieces there are
ImageImage

FireEmblemZack

Postby FireEmblemZack » Mon Jan 09, 2023 8:49 pm

islander671 wrote:I agree with you there Katers, I actually like the common more than the chase. But may I ask did the pog just say common, with no LE count? I wonder how do they indicate how many chase pieces there are

No numbers on disc either! Looks odd but oh well! The figures all look so cool!

FireEmblemZack

Postby FireEmblemZack » Mon Jan 09, 2023 8:50 pm

I got my first one of these too! The Amazon exclusive Nakia! Just got the normal one but its incredibly detailed! The parts you would think are prints are actually sculpted into the mold!!!

Return to “Soda”