No more LE Counts for Sodas?

Included with each SODA can is a 4.25” vinyl figure and a collectible disc both with a 1 in 6 chase variant!
Katers

Re: No more LE Counts for Sodas?

Postby Katers » Thu Feb 09, 2023 1:54 am

NCDS wrote:
Katers wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
Whoa… that’s a whole lot to take in. I strongly believe that the no count LE sodas will not last for ever. I see them just sitting there and nobody purchasing them. :dontknow:

Agreed, I think store exclusive sodas will end up being relatively low LEs eventually - not low by Fundays standards, but compared to a common release low.

I assumed it was coming, if you have the demand it makes sense to make more. Plus the movie was soooooo good.

It really never occurred to me that they'd start making non-LE sodas. I really thought part of the fun of them was the count. Once they're done, they're done! I guess that's still true, but now we are left to wonder how many unopened cans are out in the wild, waiting for us to track them down? lol

And yes, that movie was fabulous!
Image ImageImage Image

funko_gtx91

Postby funko_gtx91 » Thu Feb 09, 2023 2:28 am

I would hope they keep the exclusives numbered free and maybe the commons not numbered

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Thu Feb 09, 2023 1:01 pm

Katers wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
Katers wrote:
That makes perfect sense, but I also wonder - is the driving force on sodas the collectability in addition to the awesome character? I know with the LE, I'm making myself do a one-and-done, whereas with the LE I might buy more if I strike out for a chase I really want. They've done a variation of LE with the mystery minis - the ratios and store exclusives make it MUCH harder to find those higher ratio minis. I'm just surprised they're changing up the 'model' with the sodas and store exclusives.

If you can, just buy a case of 6. This way you are guaranteed the chase.

I've only bought a case a few times - I try to avoid it because I don't want a home full of unopened sodas that I have to find a way to sell off. Plus, I do enjoy the fun of getting lucky and pulling a chase.

Of course, this can backfire spectacularly when I completely strike out and end up with a ridiculous number of commons and no chase anywhere. I think I'm up to 10 Winter Soldiers? 11? I lost count, and I probably don't want to know. ](*,)

I never wanted to fall prey to that. Buying 10 sodas at random and being quite disappointed. Buying a case you keep 2 maybe 3 including the chase. It will be a lot less to move and worry about.
Image Image
ImageImage

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Thu Feb 09, 2023 1:02 pm

Katers wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
Katers wrote:
Agreed, I think store exclusive sodas will end up being relatively low LEs eventually - not low by Fundays standards, but compared to a common release low.

Exactly!! =D>

In the meantime, we just have to be smart about this and ride out the storm! lol

That’s a positive way to look at it. :razz:
Image Image
ImageImage

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Thu Feb 09, 2023 6:06 pm

Katers wrote:
NCDS wrote:
Katers wrote:

I assumed it was coming, if you have the demand it makes sense to make more. Plus the movie was soooooo good.

It really never occurred to me that they'd start making non-LE sodas. I really thought part of the fun of them was the count. Once they're done, they're done! I guess that's still true, but now we are left to wonder how many unopened cans are out in the wild, waiting for us to track them down? lol

For me, I always thought it was a matter of time. I figure LE was why they introduced the product and got an idea for demand. Once you know that you can increase production.

We saw it with NFTs also, they increased the packs but it didn't fit demand and they lowered it back down.

I personally like the LE count, however, I am a collector. I think collectors tend to want numbers, casual buyers don't care.
ISO Pockets Snapsie
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri Feb 10, 2023 2:16 am

funko_gtx91 wrote:I would hope they keep the exclusives numbered free and maybe the commons not numbered

Now that's an interesting idea! If just the chases were numbered, it would give you more an idea of how good/bad your odds were with each particular soda. Might make the decision to buy more a bit easier mentally, if not financially! :-k
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri Feb 10, 2023 2:16 am

DrunkoPop wrote:
Katers wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
If you can, just buy a case of 6. This way you are guaranteed the chase.

I've only bought a case a few times - I try to avoid it because I don't want a home full of unopened sodas that I have to find a way to sell off. Plus, I do enjoy the fun of getting lucky and pulling a chase.

Of course, this can backfire spectacularly when I completely strike out and end up with a ridiculous number of commons and no chase anywhere. I think I'm up to 10 Winter Soldiers? 11? I lost count, and I probably don't want to know. ](*,)

I never wanted to fall prey to that. Buying 10 sodas at random and being quite disappointed. Buying a case you keep 2 maybe 3 including the chase. It will be a lot less to move and worry about.

Yeah, I definitely should have just given in during the holiday sales. Lesson learned! ](*,)
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri Feb 10, 2023 2:17 am

DrunkoPop wrote:
Katers wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
Exactly!! =D>

In the meantime, we just have to be smart about this and ride out the storm! lol

Yeah, but the smarts have to do battle with the boredom and the lack of chases. Not sure who's going to win that battle! lol
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Fri Feb 10, 2023 2:34 am

NCDS wrote:
Katers wrote:
NCDS wrote:

For me, I always thought it was a matter of time. I figure LE was why they introduced the product and got an idea for demand. Once you know that you can increase production.

We saw it with NFTs also, they increased the packs but it didn't fit demand and they lowered it back down.

I personally like the LE count, however, I am a collector. I think collectors tend to want numbers, casual buyers don't care.

I really didn't think long term, and probably should have been!

I agree, I like the LE counts - makes me feel like I have something special! But agreed, the casual buyers really don't care, so maybe this is aimed at expanding the target purchasers?

I do know that about now, I'd be temped to buy more of the Black Panther line to try to get a chase somewhere...usually. But instead I've already moved on to being excited about all the sodas that went up for preorder during Funko Fair. I guess someone else will have to buy up all the extra BP sodas! \:D/
Image ImageImage Image

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Fri Feb 10, 2023 7:59 am

Katers wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
Katers wrote:

Yeah, I definitely should have just given in during the holiday sales. Lesson learned! ](*,)

You live and you learn :hello1:
Image Image
ImageImage

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Fri Feb 10, 2023 8:02 am

Katers wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
Katers wrote:

Yeah, but the smarts have to do battle with the boredom and the lack of chases. Not sure who's going to win that battle! lol

#facts :D
Image Image
ImageImage

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Sat Feb 11, 2023 2:32 pm

Katers wrote:
NCDS wrote:
Katers wrote:

I agree, I like the LE counts - makes me feel like I have something special! But agreed, the casual buyers really don't care, so maybe this is aimed at expanding the target purchasers?

I do know that about now, I'd be temped to buy more of the Black Panther line to try to get a chase somewhere...usually. But instead I've already moved on to being excited about all the sodas that went up for preorder during Funko Fair. I guess someone else will have to buy up all the extra BP sodas! \:D/

I am putting you in the collector bucket with me :)
ISO Pockets Snapsie
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

WinterBz

Postby WinterBz » Sun Feb 12, 2023 12:36 am

Funko, please bring back LE —there are plenty to go around. I really believe the LE was what drawing interest to sodas in the first place

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun Feb 12, 2023 2:47 am

DrunkoPop wrote:
Katers wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:

No joke! Funko has some serious life lessons attached to it! Today I hesitated too long on a trade at a pop-meet, and lost the trade to a sale! I think that's why I'm so quick with the preorders now - much easier to cancel an order than not be able to find one for sale after it's sold out!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun Feb 12, 2023 2:55 am

NCDS wrote:
Katers wrote:
NCDS wrote:

I am putting you in the collector bucket with me :)

Glad to be there! The company is good, and the snacks include California burritos, obviously! Now just gotta wait to see what's next for the collection!
Image ImageImage Image

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Sun Feb 12, 2023 9:18 am

Katers wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
Katers wrote:

No joke! Funko has some serious life lessons attached to it! Today I hesitated too long on a trade at a pop-meet, and lost the trade to a sale! I think that's why I'm so quick with the preorders now - much easier to cancel an order than not be able to find one for sale after it's sold out!

No matter what is going on with Funko right now I will always be indebted to them. I’m learned so much and met so many wonderful people through the years. :love5:
Image Image
ImageImage

funko_gtx91

Postby funko_gtx91 » Wed Feb 15, 2023 2:39 am

Katers wrote:
funko_gtx91 wrote:I would hope they keep the exclusives numbered free and maybe the commons not numbered

Now that's an interesting idea! If just the chases were numbered, it would give you more an idea of how good/bad your odds were with each particular soda. Might make the decision to buy more a bit easier mentally, if not financially! :-k

I like that idea maybe Funko should implement this idea

Katers

Postby Katers » Sat Feb 18, 2023 12:28 am

DrunkoPop wrote:
Katers wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:

No matter what is going on with Funko right now I will always be indebted to them. I’m learned so much and met so many wonderful people through the years. :love5:

Well said, and I agree!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Sat Feb 18, 2023 12:28 am

funko_gtx91 wrote:
Katers wrote:

Might make the sodas more appealing to those of that are missing our LE counts, at least. Split the difference on pog labels?
Image ImageImage Image

funko_gtx91

Postby funko_gtx91 » Sat Feb 18, 2023 2:41 am

Katers wrote:
funko_gtx91 wrote:
Katers wrote:

Might make the sodas more appealing to those of that are missing our LE counts, at least. Split the difference on pog labels?

Yes we definitely shall what will happen

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Sat Feb 18, 2023 1:36 pm

Katers wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
Katers wrote:

Well said, and I agree!

#funaticlife I think that’s it :-k
Image Image
ImageImage

El_PANDA

Postby El_PANDA » Sat Feb 18, 2023 3:38 pm

WinterBz wrote:Funko, please bring back LE —there are plenty to go around. I really believe the LE was what drawing interest to sodas in the first place

Also agree made it feel special
ImageImageImageImage

El_PANDA

Postby El_PANDA » Sat Feb 18, 2023 3:42 pm

PopElvi wrote:
TonyCFunko wrote:That’s cool they have the details, but i hope they are going back to the LE, it just makes them more fun to me.

FireEmblemZack wrote:I got my first one of these too! The Amazon exclusive Nakia! Just got the normal one but it’s incredibly detailed! The parts you would think are prints are actually sculpted into the mold!!!

I agree... Low LE pieces are way more fun to hunt

Gives you that joy once you get it

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Feb 20, 2023 2:37 am

funko_gtx91 wrote:
Katers wrote:
funko_gtx91 wrote:

Definitely going to be interesting heading into Convention season. I can't see the con sodas being non-LE. Funko does like to surprise us though, so I guess we'll just wait and see!
Image ImageImage Image

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Mon Feb 20, 2023 6:31 pm

Katers wrote:
funko_gtx91 wrote:
Katers wrote:

Definitely going to be interesting heading into Convention season. I can't see the con sodas being non-LE. Funko does like to surprise us though, so I guess we'll just wait and see!

Agreed!!! :freddy2:
Image Image
ImageImage

FunkoBurro3

Postby FunkoBurro3 » Mon Feb 20, 2023 11:27 pm

Katers wrote:
funko_gtx91 wrote:
Katers wrote:

I do see funko returning to LEs for convention items only. But we gotta wait and see!
Abel H 3 :freddy2:
The United Funko Family

-Funkowood (Funko Hollywood) Grand Opening
-Funko Virtual-Con 2020
-Funkon 2021
-SDCC-Special Edition 2021- Pop! Quiz - Auditions (Rejected)
-Funko Fundays 2022
-FDO9- San Diego 2023
-Camp Fundays 2023 (Sandwich survivor!)

funko_gtx91

Postby funko_gtx91 » Wed Feb 22, 2023 2:40 am

DrunkoPop wrote:
Katers wrote:
funko_gtx91 wrote:

Yes I agree too especially for a con

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:23 am

funko_gtx91 wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
Katers wrote:

It’s safe to say that all Con exclusive sodas will be numbered :cheers:
Image Image
ImageImage

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Feb 23, 2023 1:30 am

DrunkoPop wrote:
funko_gtx91 wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:

At least until we see otherwise, right? lol
Image ImageImage Image

Elviax

Postby Elviax » Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:05 am

DrunkoPop wrote:
funko_gtx91 wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:

I hope..
Anime/Pokemon Collector

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:39 pm

Katers wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
funko_gtx91 wrote:

Correct but let’s not loose faith. :hello1:
Image Image
ImageImage

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun Feb 26, 2023 2:26 am

DrunkoPop wrote:
Katers wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:

I always keep the faith! \:D/
Image ImageImage Image

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Sun Feb 26, 2023 7:55 am

Katers wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
Katers wrote:

I always keep the faith! \:D/

Now that’s the spirit ;-)
Image Image
ImageImage

Ronnie18

Postby Ronnie18 » Sun Feb 26, 2023 9:03 pm

I definitely think they will have some le sodas for con but I hope they make enough for collectors. Scalpers are quick to buy Le products and put them on eBay while they are at CC

Greymom

Postby Greymom » Mon Feb 27, 2023 2:12 am

Ronnie18 wrote:I definitely think they will have some le sodas for con but I hope they make enough for collectors. Scalpers are quick to buy Le products and put them on eBay while they are at CC

I understand that for a lot of the scalpers, collecting exclusives and reselling them is, essentially, their job. But it doesn't make it any less aggravating for actual collectors who want to keep what they buy.

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Mar 01, 2023 1:28 am

Greymom wrote:
Ronnie18 wrote:I definitely think they will have some le sodas for con but I hope they make enough for collectors. Scalpers are quick to buy Le products and put them on eBay while they are at CC

I understand that for a lot of the scalpers, collecting exclusives and reselling them is, essentially, their job. But it doesn't make it any less aggravating for actual collectors who want to keep what they buy.

I'm really impatient to see what Wondercon looks like with sodas this year, assuming Funko goes to Wondercon. They've been pretty big on sodas the last few years, and I'm hoping they will this year too. Wondering if they'll do a mix - some LE and some not? Or will they all be LE? At least we'll know, one way or the other, in the next month or so!
Image ImageImage Image

Greymom

Postby Greymom » Sat Mar 04, 2023 2:29 am

Katers wrote:
Greymom wrote:

I'm really impatient to see what Wondercon looks like with sodas this year, assuming Funko goes to Wondercon. They've been pretty big on sodas the last few years, and I'm hoping they will this year too. Wondering if they'll do a mix - some LE and some not? Or will they all be LE? At least we'll know, one way or the other, in the next month or so!

Crossing my fingers that the Funko booth at Wondercon isn't a free for all. Things can get pretty chaotic.

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Mar 06, 2023 1:24 am

Greymom wrote:
Katers wrote:
Greymom wrote:

Crossing my fingers that the Funko booth at Wondercon isn't a free for all. Things can get pretty chaotic.

At least we know now that all the Wondercon sodas are LE! I'm okay with them being first come first serve - if they do wristbands again this year, that seemed to go pretty smoothly last year. Can't wait to add to my soda collection! :mir1:
Image ImageImage Image

BatLita

Postby BatLita » Tue Mar 07, 2023 10:20 am

Maybe some will be like a limited release - no specific number, but they can run more if it sells out quickly.
The difficult part is determining chases,
FRIGHT NIGHT 2022
FUNDAYS 2022
SDCC 2022
NYCC 2022
NYCC 2019
ECCC 2019
NYCC 2018
NYCC 2017
NYCC 2016
NYCC 2015

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Wed Mar 08, 2023 12:50 pm

BatLita wrote:Maybe some will be like a limited release - no specific number, but they can run more if it sells out quickly.
The difficult part is determining chases,

The upcoming wonder con sodas are limited. The Bugs Bunny chase is my fave.
Image Image
ImageImage

Return to “Soda”