No more LE Counts for Sodas?

Included with each SODA can is a 4.25” vinyl figure and a collectible disc both with a 1 in 6 chase variant!
thejosh2010
HoF 2020 & CotM
HoF 2020 & CotM

Re: No more LE Counts for Sodas?

Postby thejosh2010 » Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:51 pm

Something tells me these will have decent sized editions once they make it to production and start showing up on retail shelves. Can’t believe how cool the sculpts and chase options are of this set! :eek:
COTM 01/18
HALL OF FAME 2020 #79
IG: THEJOSH2010
Funko LOVE in the Heart of the Appalachia

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:24 pm

islander671 wrote:
Katers wrote:Got my first soda from this wave - a common Okoye, which I am perfectly happy with - I liked the common more than the chase with this particular round. But the soda definitely had no LE count, and it was so WEIRD! I'm not collecting this particular batch for the any other reason than that I liked the sodas, but I think I prefer knowing the count. Curious to see if they are ALL no LE, including the exclusives.

I agree with you there Katers, I actually like the common more than the chase. But may I ask did the pog just say common, with no LE count? I wonder how do they indicate how many chase pieces there are

Got my second soda today from Amazon - Nakia, the exclusive! Same thing - it just says the character name on the pog, nothing underneath it. So a big circle with the artwork on one side, and on the other side just "Nakia".

And being weird again - I actually like Nakia's common more than the chase, so another 'win' for me this round!
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:26 pm

FireEmblemZack wrote:
islander671 wrote:I agree with you there Katers, I actually like the common more than the chase. But may I ask did the pog just say common, with no LE count? I wonder how do they indicate how many chase pieces there are

No numbers on disc either! Looks odd but oh well! The figures all look so cool!

The figures are great this round - out of 6, there's only 2 that I'm hoping to get chases for, that's how well they did with the commons! Soda #3 arrives tomorrow, so we'll see how I do with Namor! Cross your fingers for me, he's one of the 2 that I wouldn't mind a chase for! \:D/
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:29 pm

FireEmblemZack wrote:I got my first one of these too! The Amazon exclusive Nakia! Just got the normal one but its incredibly detailed! The parts you would think are prints are actually sculpted into the mold!!!

Right? Super impressed with Nakia, and this whole set, tbh! The details on soda have come so far from where they started. Almost enough to make me forget that the pog is missing the soda counts! lol
Image ImageImage Image

DarkSonic

Postby DarkSonic » Tue Jan 10, 2023 6:01 am

Seen a lot of people pulling chases, i am wondering if they are really 1:6 in this Wakanda forever run. Its nice not having a US/International variants, but its a shame the numbers are gone
WonderCon Fun House 23 - Camp Fundays 23

islander671

Postby islander671 » Tue Jan 10, 2023 2:57 pm

Katers wrote:
islander671 wrote:
Katers wrote:Got my first soda from this wave - a common Okoye, which I am perfectly happy with - I liked the common more than the chase with this particular round. But the soda definitely had no LE count, and it was so WEIRD! I'm not collecting this particular batch for the any other reason than that I liked the sodas, but I think I prefer knowing the count. Curious to see if they are ALL no LE, including the exclusives.

I agree with you there Katers, I actually like the common more than the chase. But may I ask did the pog just say common, with no LE count? I wonder how do they indicate how many chase pieces there are

Got my second soda today from Amazon - Nakia, the exclusive! Same thing - it just says the character name on the pog, nothing underneath it. So a big circle with the artwork on one side, and on the other side just "Nakia".

And being weird again - I actually like Nakia's common more than the chase, so another 'win' for me this round!

Congrats on the win! haha.
ImageImageImage

islander671

Postby islander671 » Tue Jan 10, 2023 3:00 pm

FireEmblemZack wrote:
islander671 wrote:I agree with you there Katers, I actually like the common more than the chase. But may I ask did the pog just say common, with no LE count? I wonder how do they indicate how many chase pieces there are

No numbers on disc either! Looks odd but oh well! The figures all look so cool!

Yeah I agree the figures do look great! They definitely hit this one out the park and I love it. I am just a bit disappointed with the Chases not indicating an LE on the pog itself. Like its almost like searching for a highly sought after box mistake. But thats just my two cents and Funko already knows I am still buying sodas, lol.
ImageImageImage

rontonsoup

Postby rontonsoup » Tue Jan 10, 2023 6:00 pm

I think the No numbered sodas are just for the black panther sodas.
Collecting since 2014: "A couple that collects together, stays together."

Katers

Postby Katers » Wed Jan 11, 2023 1:42 am

islander671 wrote:
Katers wrote:
islander671 wrote:

Congrats on the win! haha.

3 out of 4 'wins' so far as of today - common Queen Ramonda, and common Namor (sigh!). Again, all without any count on the pogs.

But I will say, again - the detail on these sodas is making it worth the weirdness!
Image ImageImage Image

Calico88

Postby Calico88 » Wed Jan 11, 2023 10:27 am

id love more low le counts like gold sleestak or even pops that low le can we bring back more 500 le pops

Kakarote

Postby Kakarote » Wed Jan 11, 2023 11:14 am

Does anyone know if there dragon ball chases for sodas?
Image:freddy2:

Dsho333

Postby Dsho333 » Wed Jan 11, 2023 1:01 pm

Kakarote wrote:Does anyone know if there dragon ball chases for sodas?

There are no Dragon Ball sodas at all at this time.

FunkoAlphaBravo

Postby FunkoAlphaBravo » Wed Jan 11, 2023 1:22 pm

15k count as LE for you guys!? For me, it’s 5k or less
Hi all! We’re Annie and Beto. We have been collecting since 2016
ImageImage
ImageImage

lazcommalisa
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby lazcommalisa » Wed Jan 11, 2023 2:41 pm

I got the Namor soda-just a common but its amazing. I really really want the chase too but what I have found to be surprising on eBay and Mercari is that the chases for these open edition sodas are more than numbered pieces. Granted they have been available for only 2 weeks but the Namor chase is around $80-100. I'm hoping to see prices drop in the near future, just due to how many were produced but Funko did a fantastic job on these sculpts-some of my favorites so far

rontonsoup

Postby rontonsoup » Wed Jan 11, 2023 9:22 pm

I hope they continue with the low count sodas. I think this is a niche collection and if they make too much, there’s going to be a lot left over. Pops are what most collectors collect.

FunkoholicsAnonymous

Postby FunkoholicsAnonymous » Wed Jan 11, 2023 9:26 pm

Interesting
:freddy2:
Hi, my name is Erl
TUFF crew
IG’s:
@funkoholics_anonymous
@operationpop (charity work)

SDCC Funko Pop Up Shop 2017
Funkon 2021
Fundays 2022
Fright Night 2022
Mask-O-Raid 2022
Fundays 2023

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Jan 12, 2023 1:26 am

lazcommalisa wrote:I got the Namor soda-just a common but its amazing. I really really want the chase too but what I have found to be surprising on eBay and Mercari is that the chases for these open edition sodas are more than numbered pieces. Granted they have been available for only 2 weeks but the Namor chase is around $80-100. I'm hoping to see prices drop in the near future, just due to how many were produced but Funko did a fantastic job on these sculpts-some of my favorites so far

Congrats on joining me in the common Namor club! I agree, I think the prices will drop on the chases once they've been out for a bit. Everything is just too new so far - I have friends whose orders haven't even shipped yet, so I think there just aren't many sodas out there, chases or common, at this point.

And of course, we're left here wondering how big exactly the market is for these sodas...! :-k
Image ImageImage Image

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Jan 12, 2023 1:32 am

rontonsoup wrote:I hope they continue with the low count sodas. I think this is a niche collection and if they make too much, there’s going to be a lot left over. Pops are what most collectors collect.

I definitely dove into collecting sodas...maybe a little too deep. Not knowing how many of this particular batch has me holding back on going nuts with the Namor and M'Baku sodas, the only ones I really care about the chases for. I'll hold off a bit before I try again since I think these will be here for awhle!
Image ImageImage Image

Elviax

Postby Elviax » Thu Jan 12, 2023 11:05 am

rontonsoup wrote:I hope they continue with the low count sodas. I think this is a niche collection and if they make too much, there’s going to be a lot left over. Pops are what most collectors collect.

couldnt agree more
Anime/Pokemon Collector

Kakarote

Postby Kakarote » Thu Jan 12, 2023 11:40 am

PopElvi wrote:

couldnt agree more

I agree, it really is a niche area
Image:freddy2:

renardchua
Collector Of The Year
Collector Of The Year

Postby renardchua » Thu Jan 12, 2023 12:31 pm

lazcommalisa wrote:I got the Namor soda-just a common but its amazing. I really really want the chase too but what I have found to be surprising on eBay and Mercari is that the chases for these open edition sodas are more than numbered pieces. Granted they have been available for only 2 weeks but the Namor chase is around $80-100. I'm hoping to see prices drop in the near future, just due to how many were produced but Funko did a fantastic job on these sculpts-some of my favorites so far

Got to be patient. I should eventually fall off! :D But the details on Namor is amazing to say the least. :D
Hi, I’m Renard. :freddy3:
Instagram: @renardchua

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Thu Jan 12, 2023 2:05 pm

renardchua wrote:Saw the latest Black Panther Reveal, which is available to all retailers.

So - is Funko moving away with LE count Funko sodas?

These soda cans look Naked with out the number count. :eek:
Image Image
ImageImage

DG_FunkPoppa

Postby DG_FunkPoppa » Thu Jan 12, 2023 9:16 pm

That Namoe chase is pretty amazing.

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Mon Jan 16, 2023 1:08 pm

After talking to a friend yesterday, we came to the conclusion that Funko did this backwards. Numbered first.
Image Image
ImageImage

Dsho333

Postby Dsho333 » Mon Jan 16, 2023 1:26 pm

DrunkoPop wrote:After talking to a friend yesterday, we came to the conclusion that Funko did this backwards. Numbered first.

The reason it's backwards is because they had to get people to buy them and if they are limited more people would buy them. Personally I don't think these will sell at big box stores like target and Walmart because people will just open them and only buy the chase. Saw a couple Arwen sodas at Barnes and Noble and all were opened.

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Mon Jan 16, 2023 1:45 pm

Dsho333 wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:After talking to a friend yesterday, we came to the conclusion that Funko did this backwards. Numbered first.

The reason it's backwards is because they had to get people to buy them and if they are limited more people would buy them. Personally I don't think these will sell at big box stores like target and Walmart because people will just open them and only buy the chase. Saw a couple Arwen sodas at Barnes and Noble and all were opened.

Agreed on your take of the big stores and I did see open sodas at a GameStop so your about that as well.
Image Image
ImageImage

PhoenixForce

Postby PhoenixForce » Mon Jan 16, 2023 4:21 pm

thejosh2010 wrote:Something tells me these will have decent sized editions once they make it to production and start showing up on retail shelves. Can’t believe how cool the sculpts and chase options are of this set! :eek:

I agree. These are mass marketed which is cool. Just like every Pop! isn't and LE. Will be curious to see if and which retailers want to pick up this line. :freddy2:

Hi, I'm JASON!
You can follow me on Instagram: @jpg_rising or on Twitter: @jpg_rising
I also have an Instagram just for my Funko Photography: @PhoenixForcePhotos
I've been collecting since 2013: It started with Marvel and quickly became a collection of, a little bit of everything in between!

Charger14
Hall of Fame Class of 2023
Hall of Fame Class of 2023

Postby Charger14 » Mon Jan 16, 2023 4:25 pm

DrunkoPop wrote:
Dsho333 wrote:

Agreed on your take of the big stores and I did see open sodas at a GameStop so your about that as well.

Agree, that's what's gonna happen. So what will happen is that they get locked up or opened ones end up in the clearance aisle.
WOBBLER WANT LIST:
GROOVY GHOULIES - MUST HAVE
HECKLE & JECKLE
20" GALACTUS
DC SUPERHEROES

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Mon Jan 16, 2023 4:45 pm

Charger14 wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
Dsho333 wrote:

Agree, that's what's gonna happen. So what will happen is that they get locked up or opened ones end up in the clearance aisle.

Correct and rather sooner than later. I see it happening
Image Image
ImageImage

keyese

Postby keyese » Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:04 pm

Wasn't there an issue with Vampire Mickey that it showed LE 1500 or something, and everyone bought up preorders only to find it was much more generous? I imagine they're trying to avoid that with promo materials like this.
AKA ElizabethKeyes on Twitch or keyese on Discord :freddy2:
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

Elviax

Postby Elviax » Thu Jan 19, 2023 10:08 am

PhoenixForce wrote:
thejosh2010 wrote:Something tells me these will have decent sized editions once they make it to production and start showing up on retail shelves. Can’t believe how cool the sculpts and chase options are of this set! :eek:

I agree. These are mass marketed which is cool. Just like every Pop! isn't and LE. Will be curious to see if and which retailers want to pick up this line. :freddy2:

As long as its a one off I dont mind it! I think its super helpful actually. But when its the entire line im not a fan :rolleyes:
Anime/Pokemon Collector

Justsonice25

Postby Justsonice25 » Thu Jan 19, 2023 12:04 pm

kihou wrote:Wasn't there an issue with Vampire Mickey that it showed LE 1500 or something, and everyone bought up preorders only to find it was much more generous? I imagine they're trying to avoid that with promo materials like this.

Yeah, a lot of people were upset and cancelled their orders as well.

Brianbiz

Postby Brianbiz » Fri Jan 20, 2023 11:53 pm

renardchua wrote:Saw the latest Black Panther Reveal, which is available to all retailers.

So - is Funko moving away with LE count Funko sodas?

No le sodas aren’t for me haven’t bought one yet sucks because I enjoy sodas because of the le if they take that away it’s going to ruin funko sodas.

rontonsoup

Postby rontonsoup » Sat Jan 21, 2023 1:06 am

Kakarote wrote:
PopElvi wrote:

couldnt agree more

I agree, it really is a niche area

I think they’re not going to be numbered for the bigger films. Everything else is looking like a smaller count.

funko_gtx91

Postby funko_gtx91 » Sat Jan 21, 2023 2:43 am

I preferred when the sodas where numbered made it limited and harder to get on certain ones

CrushMcLovin

Postby CrushMcLovin » Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:35 am

What?!? I didn’t even notice, I’m sure they will have updated glam shots sooner than later showing the counts
Funatic since '13
Funko Collection Count: 962
http://www.TheVIParolaz.com
PROTO ISO: MCU / Disney Pixar

NickR2012

Postby NickR2012 » Sat Jan 21, 2023 3:06 pm

I hope they keep the counts on the exclusive ones, like Con and Funko shop etc, so at least we know how "exclusives" (and hard to get) they are...
SDCC: 07-09-10-11-12-13-14-15-16-19-21-22-23
NYCC: 19-22

TonyCFunko

Postby TonyCFunko » Sat Jan 21, 2023 10:38 pm

That’s cool they have the details, but i hope they are going back to the LE, it just makes them more fun to me.

FireEmblemZack wrote:I got my first one of these too! The Amazon exclusive Nakia! Just got the normal one but it’s incredibly detailed! The parts you would think are prints are actually sculpted into the mold!!!
Twitter/Instagram: @TonyCFunko
Wondercon ‘23
Fright Nights ‘22
NYCC ‘22
Fundays ‘22
SDCC ‘22
Wondercon ‘22
Funko Pop Quiz S1 Semi-Finalist
SDCC Special Edition ‘21

ISO: My Hero Academia & Demon Slayer Protos

WinterBz

Postby WinterBz » Sun Jan 22, 2023 5:59 pm

TonyCFunko wrote:That’s cool they have the details, but i hope they are going back to the LE, it just makes them more fun to me.

FireEmblemZack wrote:I got my first one of these too! The Amazon exclusive Nakia! Just got the normal one but it’s incredibly detailed! The parts you would think are prints are actually sculpted into the mold!!!

I agree. The LE is what attracted me to sodas in the first place.

nikko
HoF 2019 & CotM
HoF 2019 & CotM

Postby nikko » Sun Jan 22, 2023 6:50 pm

Initially just 1 version for all, then came the US and International version, then no LE count.. Uh oh..

Return to “Soda”