New to soda

Included with each SODA can is a 4.25” vinyl figure and a collectible disc both with a 1 in 6 chase variant!
Lord Bacon

Re: New to soda

Postby Lord Bacon » Fri May 19, 2023 10:14 pm

Goatedfunko wrote:So I’m toying with the idea of collecting sodas. I know everyone’s taste is different so I thought I’d see what others have collected for sodas. What collections or type does everyone collect and why? For me I’ll probably start with anime :freddy3:

For Soda's, I'm trying to collect all of the Star Wars aliens and Boba Fett variants. I'd try for all Star Wars Soda, but that would be real expensive, real quick.
Image Image Image Image Image

Lord Bacon

Postby Lord Bacon » Fri May 19, 2023 10:16 pm

chincoteague1 wrote:I love sodas.

Ditto. My Soda of choice is Dr. Pepper.

And yea, Funko Sodas are pretty neat as well :razz:

El_PANDA

Postby El_PANDA » Sat May 20, 2023 12:44 pm

Lord Bacon wrote:

Tried to cut sodas out of my life but not these ones haha might have saved me some money

sdcccrasher

Postby sdcccrasher » Sat May 20, 2023 3:26 pm

:freddy2: Some of the sodas are fantastic and are some of my favorite items. :freddy2:
Hello! I'm Roger :freddy1:

Lord Bacon

Postby Lord Bacon » Sat May 20, 2023 4:35 pm

El_PANDA wrote:
Lord Bacon wrote:

Tried to cut sodas out of my life but not these ones haha might have saved me some money

No kidding right? I'm glad that the things I like to collect are rather inexpensive compared to other stuff.

scullysdad

Postby scullysdad » Sat May 20, 2023 8:35 pm

Goatedfunko wrote:So I’m toying with the idea of collecting sodas. I know everyone’s taste is different so I thought I’d see what others have collected for sodas. What collections or type does everyone collect and why? For me I’ll probably start with anime :freddy3:

The only Soda lines I have been actively collecting are Freddy and Stranger Things, but I do pick up ones I really like outside of those lines. My only preorder right now is the TMNT Last Ronin, and I don’t have any of the other Turtles but he was too cool to pass up.
Please Funko make Taylor Swift Pops!

Most wanted non-Taylor Pops: Carson Teva, Naru from Prey, The Last of Us TV show

tokiyeo

Postby tokiyeo » Sat May 20, 2023 8:43 pm

Only soda in my collection is the Blacklight thor. But I really want the chase boba fett prototype thats all white. I would also love a one piece soda line!

funkopopfanatic

Postby funkopopfanatic » Sat May 20, 2023 11:51 pm

I collect whatever has short runs, no matter what it is and I just buy the ones I like. Getting the chase when doing that is so satisfying
SDCC Since 2007, Fundays 2018 & 2023!
Collecting Funko since 2011

FuegoGlorious

Postby FuegoGlorious » Sun May 21, 2023 9:51 am

Pretty much mirrors my Pop collection - star wars, movies and TV shows.
:SW7a:

Comicbookwriter

Postby Comicbookwriter » Sun May 21, 2023 11:28 am

I only have a handful and it’s mostly Star Wars.
ImageImageImage

lavery01
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby lavery01 » Sun May 21, 2023 11:54 am

I try to focus and collect our main lines for sodas, which are Disney, Motu, and Ad icons. But lately I’ve been buying sodas that I like, so you can say that I’m all over the place. lol
Hi I'm Latricia \:D/

Skylirson

Postby Skylirson » Sun May 21, 2023 1:51 pm

mongoose12 wrote:i focus primarily on freddy funko sodas...hoping for a few new ones this year.

I hope we get some more limited ones at Fundays this year.
Insta @skylir.son
Twitter @thefunkoman23 :freddy3:
Fundays 2022 Line Leader
Fright Night II 2022
Funko Buckeye Sale
FDO 9 Phoenix

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Mon May 22, 2023 6:58 am

Skylirson wrote:
mongoose12 wrote:i focus primarily on freddy funko sodas...hoping for a few new ones this year.

Last years le500 was simply top notch. Totally hope each section gets one to make it a challenge.

Lexi

Postby Lexi » Mon May 22, 2023 9:02 am

Skylirson wrote:

I don’t remember getting any sodas at Fundays, doesn’t mean it can’t happen. I expect to see some at the Funko booth during SDCC
FUNKO FUNDAYS 2015, 2016, 2022
FDO LA 6
World Premiere Making Fun

Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
FUNKON 2021

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Mon May 22, 2023 9:25 am

Just like pops, collect what you like.
Image Image
ImageImage

MarkyMark

Postby MarkyMark » Mon May 22, 2023 10:13 am

I got some really good ones from FDO, sodas that I probably wouldve gotten if I bought it myself. Still debating if I am going to start collecting sodas.
ImageImageImageImage

Skylirson

Postby Skylirson » Mon May 22, 2023 12:03 pm

mongoose12 wrote:
Skylirson wrote:

Last years le500 was simply top notch. Totally hope each section gets one to make it a challenge.

That would be nice.
Insta @skylir.son
Fundays 2022 Line Leader
Fright Night II 2022
Funko Buckeye Sale
FDO 9 Phoenix

Skylirson

Postby Skylirson » Mon May 22, 2023 12:04 pm

Lexi wrote:
Skylirson wrote:

I don’t remember getting any sodas at Fundays, doesn’t mean it can’t happen. I expect to see some at the Funko booth during SDCC

We go got the Mike and Becker sodas and the proto robos got the blacklight Freddy.
Insta @skylir.son
Fundays 2022 Line Leader
Fright Night II 2022
Funko Buckeye Sale
FDO 9 Phoenix

islander671

Postby islander671 » Mon May 22, 2023 1:10 pm

I honestly have started when the first series of Sodas came out, love the idea of chases and hunting for them. But since then I have had to be more selective on pieces due to space. I mainly collect Disney, Freddy, and Marvel. I am torn as I also want to collect Star Wars as well, and have a few of them already as the chases on them are pretty spectacular.
ImageImage

x3r0

Postby x3r0 » Mon May 22, 2023 2:06 pm

Lord Bacon wrote:

I remember doing a raid for wow years ago during AQ40 — it’s a 40 man raid. One of the hardest spots in the game … literally.

Anyways.

I share this story because one of my leaders, belched into the microphone and forgot it was on. I asked him, did you had a Dr Pepper? He was likes yes why?!? lol because Dr Pepper has a distinctive sound to it.

But yes. Agreed I personally think funko did good with this line. Truly believe in that.
Collecting since 2010

..I like to take photos of anything...

Funko Hollywood's Sid and Marty Krofft
Funko Hollywood’s Funkon

Instagram: Euphoria Imaging

x3r0

Postby x3r0 » Mon May 22, 2023 2:08 pm

Skylirson wrote:
Lexi wrote:
Skylirson wrote:I hope we get some more limited ones at Fundays this year.

We go got the Mike and Becker sodas and the proto robos got the blacklight Freddy.

I was personally surprised by the release of these. Happy to say my friend gifted me Mike and Brian sodas. Didn’t get and owned black light Freddy though, which is okay.
Collecting since 2010

Funko Hollywood’s Funkon

Lexi

Postby Lexi » Mon May 22, 2023 5:38 pm

x3r0 wrote:
Skylirson wrote:
Lexi wrote:

I was personally surprised by the release of these. Happy to say my friend gifted me Mike and Brian sodas. Didn’t get and owned black light Freddy though, which is okay.

You are right, I did forget about those. I need to bring them to SDCC and get mine signed.
FDO LA 6

FUNKON 2021

Lord Bacon

Postby Lord Bacon » Mon May 22, 2023 7:18 pm

x3r0 wrote:
Lord Bacon wrote:

I remember doing a raid for wow years ago during AQ40 — it’s a 40 man raid. One of the hardest spots in the game … literally.

Anyways.

I share this story because one of my leaders, belched into the microphone and forgot it was on. I asked him, did you had a Dr Pepper? He was likes yes why?!? lol because Dr Pepper has a distinctive sound to it.

But yes. Agreed I personally think funko did good with this line. Truly believe in that.

lol that's a great story. And yea, DP will give you some gnarly belches, especially the bottled versions.

Lord Bacon

Postby Lord Bacon » Mon May 22, 2023 7:31 pm

Lexi wrote:
x3r0 wrote:
Skylirson wrote:We go got the Mike and Becker sodas and the proto robos got the blacklight Freddy.

You are right, I did forget about those. I need to bring them to SDCC and get mine signed.

I almost got mine signed by Mike at Fundays last year, but opted for a signed badge instead. Kinda regret that decision now lol

sdcccrasher

Postby sdcccrasher » Mon May 22, 2023 7:43 pm

Lord Bacon wrote:
Lexi wrote:
x3r0 wrote:

I almost got mine signed by Mike at Fundays last year, but opted for a signed badge instead. Kinda regret that decision now lol

I've got items to have signed I plan to bring to SDCC. :freddy2: :freddy2: :freddy2:
Hello! I'm Roger :freddy1:

JRJones92

Postby JRJones92 » Mon May 22, 2023 7:51 pm

funkopopfanatic wrote:I collect whatever has short runs, no matter what it is and I just buy the ones I like. Getting the chase when doing that is so satisfying

Same, I just collect what I like nothing really specific
-Jennifer-
♡ I collect pretty much anything I think is cool O:)
ISO: SDCC 13' bloody predator and bloody alien LE 1008/ OG sonic, knuckles, and tails/ master chief gold blockbuster exclusive, master chief Barnes and nobles exclusive, resident evil and gears of War lineup

x3r0

Postby x3r0 » Mon May 22, 2023 8:03 pm

Lord Bacon wrote:
Lexi wrote:
x3r0 wrote:

Why regret? You were living in the moment. I would’ve done the same thing likely.

Sounds like a great event! :)
Collecting since 2010

Funko Hollywood’s Funkon

x3r0

Postby x3r0 » Mon May 22, 2023 8:06 pm

Lord Bacon wrote:
x3r0 wrote:
Lord Bacon wrote: Ditto. My Soda of choice is Dr. Pepper.

Anyways.

lol that's a great story. And yea, DP will give you some gnarly belches, especially the bottled versions.

How much I miss obtains the glass version of it. So much better and worthy.

And cheers.
Collecting since 2010

Funko Hollywood’s Funkon

Lord Bacon

Postby Lord Bacon » Mon May 22, 2023 8:11 pm

sdcccrasher wrote:
Lord Bacon wrote:
Lexi wrote:

I've got items to have signed I plan to bring to SDCC. :freddy2: :freddy2: :freddy2:

Me too. I think I'll bring the Soda's with me to get signed by Brian and Mike, if I stumble into them at SDCC.

Lord Bacon

Postby Lord Bacon » Mon May 22, 2023 8:13 pm

x3r0 wrote:
Lord Bacon wrote:
x3r0 wrote:

Anyways.

And cheers.

C'mon down to Texas where you can still the original bottle DP! \:D/

The original factory is still open in Dublin, Tx. It's worth a stop if you're ever in that part of town.

x3r0

Postby x3r0 » Mon May 22, 2023 8:22 pm

Lord Bacon wrote:
x3r0 wrote:
Lord Bacon wrote:

And cheers.

C'mon down to Texas where you can still the original bottle DP! \:D/

The original factory is still open in Dublin, Tx. It's worth a stop if you're ever in that part of town.

Good to know! I need to go out there and visit friends who are in El Paso lol

But anyways. I don’t mean to change subjects here. (Sorry lol)..

Collecting since 2010

Funko Hollywood’s Funkon

PickyFunkos

Postby PickyFunkos » Mon May 22, 2023 9:50 pm

I've decided to buy one can of everything. I don't open most of them anymore. I love the sodas, but early on, I was that guy going around buying until I got the chase. Now they just have too many cool sodas to keep up with that concept. I love the sealed can look though.

Skylirson

Postby Skylirson » Tue May 23, 2023 11:59 am

x3r0 wrote:
Skylirson wrote:
Lexi wrote:

I tried to get one by trading or buying but its so much money
Insta @skylir.son
Fundays 2022 Line Leader
Fright Night II 2022
Funko Buckeye Sale
FDO 9 Phoenix

x3r0

Postby x3r0 » Tue May 23, 2023 12:20 pm

Skylirson wrote:
x3r0 wrote:
Skylirson wrote:We go got the Mike and Becker sodas and the proto robos got the blacklight Freddy.

I know the Freddy sells for a pretty penny. But the mike and Brian .. seen it low as $45 for a set.
Collecting since 2010

Funko Hollywood’s Funkon

Lexi

Postby Lexi » Tue May 23, 2023 2:40 pm

Skylirson wrote:
x3r0 wrote:

Best time to trade is right after Fundays ends. Have had a lot of fun going to the different tables seeing what people have and getting some trades. Not sure how it will work now that it isn't at the Hyatt, although I guess we can still meet up in the bar lounge and lobby, it was so much fun. I hope I can get tickets again.
FDO LA 6

FUNKON 2021

FunkoBurro3

Postby FunkoBurro3 » Tue May 23, 2023 9:05 pm

Lexi wrote:
Skylirson wrote:
x3r0 wrote:

Best time to trade is right after Fundays ends. Have had a lot of fun going to the different tables seeing what people have and getting some trades. Not sure how it will work now that it isn't at the Hyatt, although I guess we can still meet up in the bar lounge and lobby, it was so much fun. I hope I can get tickets again.

Yes!! I did this last year to get my hands on the black light Freddy soda.
I ran as soon as it was done and I was able to trade.
And I’m there with you, I hope we all can get tickets for the fun!
Abel H 3 :freddy2:
The United Funko Family

-Funkowood (Funko Hollywood) Grand Opening
-Funko Virtual-Con 2020
-Funkon 2021
-SDCC-Special Edition 2021- Pop! Quiz - Auditions (Rejected)
-Funko Fundays 2022
-FDO9- San Diego 2023
-Camp Fundays 2023 (Sandwich survivor!)

Lexi

Postby Lexi » Wed May 24, 2023 1:00 am

FunkoBurro3 wrote:
Lexi wrote:
Skylirson wrote:I tried to get one by trading or buying but its so much money

Yes!! I did this last year to get my hands on the black light Freddy soda.
I ran as soon as it was done and I was able to trade.
And I’m there with you, I hope we all can get tickets for the fun!

Well with the mods message it looks like we should be getting some info soon, fingers crossed and Good Luck
FDO LA 6

FUNKON 2021

Lexi

Postby Lexi » Wed May 24, 2023 1:04 am

scullysdad wrote:

The only Soda lines I have been actively collecting are Freddy and Stranger Things, but I do pick up ones I really like outside of those lines. My only preorder right now is the TMNT Last Ronin, and I don’t have any of the other Turtles but he was too cool to pass up.

That happens to me too, they bring something out that is either too cool, or too cute that I have to have it #-o
FDO LA 6

FUNKON 2021

funkopopfanatic

Postby funkopopfanatic » Wed May 24, 2023 1:06 am

Lexi wrote:

Wait it’s not? Is it gonna be a larger audience? The Hyatt was perfect years ago but they definitely outgrew that room. It was fun meeting up to trade in the bar lobby.
SDCC Since 2007, Fundays 2018 & 2023!
Collecting Funko since 2011

Lexi

Postby Lexi » Wed May 24, 2023 1:11 am

funkopopfanatic wrote:
Lexi wrote:

Wait it’s not? Is it gonna be a larger audience? The Hyatt was perfect years ago but they definitely outgrew that room. It was fun meeting up to trade in the bar lobby.

The first time I went it was at the Wyndham and I went with my mom. There were 900 people and it was WILD
FDO LA 6

FUNKON 2021

Return to “Soda”