Sodas vs Pop values?

Included with each SODA can is a 4.25” vinyl figure and a collectible disc both with a 1 in 6 chase variant!
Wiselordship

Re: Sodas vs Pop values?

Postby Wiselordship » Wed Nov 08, 2023 10:48 am

I think if they go back to decent LE counts and stop doing no piece counts things will start tracking back up. But I think they produced too many and made people stray away with the no piece counts. Add that to difficulty of finding a chase without opening cans and then people selling the extra commons for dirt cheap since they have many trying to find a chase. Think the chases over time will potentially start trending up, commons I don't think they will unless there were low LEs.

Sodas probably won't his Pop levels, but that is more cause there seems to be a lot more Pop collectors than Soda ones. So the old supply and demand problem.

Elviax

Postby Elviax » Wed Nov 08, 2023 11:05 am

A lot of the sodas recently that have had piece count have been super high as well.
Hello! My name's David, nice to meet you!

Anime/Pokemon Collector

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Thu Dec 14, 2023 8:51 pm

Pops will always surpass sodas based upon its history. Don’t get me wrong I love sodas but pops have been around a lot longer.
Image Image
ImageImage

kmandude92

Postby kmandude92 » Mon Dec 18, 2023 11:37 am

Wiselordship wrote:I think if they go back to decent LE counts and stop doing no piece counts things will start tracking back up. But I think they produced too many and made people stray away with the no piece counts. Add that to difficulty of finding a chase without opening cans and then people selling the extra commons for dirt cheap since they have many trying to find a chase. Think the chases over time will potentially start trending up, commons I don't think they will unless there were low LEs.

Sodas probably won't his Pop levels, but that is more cause there seems to be a lot more Pop collectors than Soda ones. So the old supply and demand problem.

They NEED to keep the sodas more limited - the no count sodas have very little value and ended up sitting almost everywhere. Not worth it when they're unlimited like that.
Stay Lit, Y'all :-({|=
ISO:
Ezio 21 (looking for all versions - grey outfit, black outfit, blue outfit)
Logan 28 (Box Only - I have the non-bobblehead Pop itself)
Peter Parker 34 (Box Only - I have the Pop itself)
God Loki

Wiselordship

Postby Wiselordship » Mon Dec 18, 2023 12:12 pm

kmandude92 wrote:
Wiselordship wrote:I think if they go back to decent LE counts and stop doing no piece counts things will start tracking back up. But I think they produced too many and made people stray away with the no piece counts. Add that to difficulty of finding a chase without opening cans and then people selling the extra commons for dirt cheap since they have many trying to find a chase. Think the chases over time will potentially start trending up, commons I don't think they will unless there were low LEs.

They NEED to keep the sodas more limited - the no count sodas have very little value and ended up sitting almost everywhere. Not worth it when they're unlimited like that.

And does not help they clearance them and majority are just opened by random "shoppers". They do need to go back to 10K or less runs for sure.

LoneWolf72

Postby LoneWolf72 » Tue Dec 19, 2023 6:43 pm

For me it simply comes down to money and time. I've spent thousands of dollars over the last 10 years to become close to complete in my pop collections. Star Wars, Disney, Tim Burton, Buffy....and even though I love sodas, it's hard for a person with OCD to only collect a few sodas lol. Maybe when I'm complete in Star Wars (I'm at 96% now), I'll be ready to put my whole heart into my soda collection.
I'm Chad AKA Mr. StarWarner.
Image Image
Collecting since 2013
Fundays: 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Virtual Con (2020), and Funkon (2021)
Funko Panel, Bingo Night (SDCC)
Funko Panel, Hall H (SDCC)
Fright Night San Diego
Funko HQ Grand Opening
FDO: Los Angeles (×2), Sacramento, and Baltimore (×2)
Fun on the Run, San Diego

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Fri Dec 22, 2023 11:01 am

DrunkoPop wrote:Pops will always surpass sodas based upon its history. Don’t get me wrong I love sodas but pops have been around a lot longer.

Much agreed! Pops are their bread & butter.

Ohlordypops

Postby Ohlordypops » Sat Dec 23, 2023 5:11 am

Wiselordship wrote:
kmandude92 wrote:

And does not help they clearance them and majority are just opened by random "shoppers". They do need to go back to 10K or less runs for sure.

Definitely agree on needing a piece count, preferably a lower piece count, to have a chance at a decent value. The new monster Freddy from the heavy metal boxes is a good example of that (although time will tell if it stays as high as it is now, but being LE500 will help).
Hi! It's Lauren
IG & Twitter: Ohlordypops
Follow me on Instagram: @ohlordypops

singerjared21

Postby singerjared21 » Sat Dec 23, 2023 8:04 am

I think that sodas lost all value when they released ones with no piece count bc that makes it seem like there wasn’t one in the first place.

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Sat Dec 23, 2023 2:21 pm

rexflexall wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:Pops will always surpass sodas based upon its history. Don’t get me wrong I love sodas but pops have been around a lot longer.

Yes and it’s a first of its kind. :freddy2:
Image Image
ImageImage

Gsanch28

Postby Gsanch28 » Sat Dec 23, 2023 9:52 pm

I think its just because of longevity sodas are still pretty new and so the value doesn’t necessarily show because people are to scared to invest in a line that might not be there. I have over 40 dorbz that I still like lol. The value isn’t there but I did like that run when they initially came out.
:freddy1: " I don't know anything with certainty, but seeing the stars makes me dream"

kmandude92

Postby kmandude92 » Fri Dec 29, 2023 10:22 am

Gsanch28 wrote:I think its just because of longevity sodas are still pretty new and so the value doesn’t necessarily show because people are to scared to invest in a line that might not be there. I have over 40 dorbz that I still like lol. The value isn’t there but I did like that run when they initially came out.

Some of the sodas are cool, but they'll probably have similar value to Dorbz in a few years anyways lol
Stay Lit, Y'all :-({|=
ISO:
Ezio 21 (looking for all versions - grey outfit, black outfit, blue outfit)
Logan 28 (Box Only - I have the non-bobblehead Pop itself)
Peter Parker 34 (Box Only - I have the Pop itself)
God Loki

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Sat Dec 30, 2023 11:22 am

kmandude92 wrote:
Gsanch28 wrote:I think its just because of longevity sodas are still pretty new and so the value doesn’t necessarily show because people are to scared to invest in a line that might not be there. I have over 40 dorbz that I still like lol. The value isn’t there but I did like that run when they initially came out.

Some of the sodas are cool, but they'll probably have similar value to Dorbz in a few years anyways lol

Hopefully NOT :cussing:
Image Image
ImageImage

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Wed Jan 03, 2024 10:26 am

DrunkoPop wrote:
rexflexall wrote:

Can't wait to see what's in store for both soda and pops in 2024!

islander671

Postby islander671 » Fri Jan 05, 2024 4:04 pm

rexflexall wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
rexflexall wrote:

Same here. Part of me hopes they return to lower LE counts again, since I highly doubt they will consider dropping the price on the line. With the lower LE counts add to the right licenses I think it could turn around.
ImageImageImage

TonyMa

Postby TonyMa » Fri Jan 05, 2024 4:10 pm

:cherry:
islander671 wrote:I just randomly thinking of this as I stared at my collection of pops and sodas.

I initially started as a Funko Pop collector and then gradually moved over to Sodas. But over the course of several years I have come to notice that values of Pops continue to rise and Sodas tend to stay low. As most of us know that our collection isn't dependent on value, as it is more to fandom, but I was curious what peoples thoughts were on why Pop Values stay high and increase while Sodas still stay low. Lol yes I know its random, but I was wondering what you all think as I love to hear fellow Funatics points, as there are a lot of folks who have had more experience than I. Anyways feel free to chime in, as there is no right or wrong, in my opinion

I feel like Pops are always going to be more iconic. It’s what worked for Funko. Every other product seemingly dies out.

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Sun Jan 07, 2024 1:40 pm

rexflexall wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
rexflexall wrote:

I would like to see more NFT soda drops for this upcoming year.
Image Image
ImageImage

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Sun Jan 07, 2024 1:48 pm

islander671 wrote:
rexflexall wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:

Same here. Part of me hopes they return to lower LE counts again, since I highly doubt they will consider dropping the price on the line. With the lower LE counts add to the right licenses I think it could turn around.

Excellent Point! =D>
Image Image
ImageImage

Jeffryan73

Postby Jeffryan73 » Mon Jan 08, 2024 8:54 am

As much as I like the NFT drops there are definitely a few that would have been great as limited Con or Funko shop releases instead and probably retained more value that way.
Family, Friends and Funko :beerchug:

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:46 am

Need some extremely low count LE ones to add to sodas!

islander671

Postby islander671 » Mon Jan 08, 2024 6:28 pm

rexflexall wrote:Need some extremely low count LE ones to add to sodas!

I agree that would be real nice with the right licenses.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong, but are the lowest soda LE counts the Freddy Funko as Monster at 500 or were there others lower than that?
ImageImageImage

wash2366

Postby wash2366 » Tue Jan 09, 2024 1:27 am

Geescube wrote:While i enjoy a soda here or there , I realized this quickly too about soda v pop value. I still buy the occcasional soda but its nothing Im going to go too crazy on. i Can barely trade chases unless its brand spanking new and if you get a common youll be stuck with it forever. I dont trust that this line will be around much longer...

This here. We have seen many different attempts to broaden the Funko line, but nothing has ever managed to make a dent in Pops popularity.

I honestly think that the only thing that can take Funko and another line to place even remotely close to Pop! Is if they can figure out how to take the Spastik Plastik characters, create a long running and popular show, and make action figures for them. IMHO
Name: David / Pop count: 733 / Vynals: 4/ Dorbz: 10 / Soda: 4 / Mystery Minis: 12
Collection: https://www.hobbydb.com/marketplaces/po ... s/wash2366

ImageImageImage

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:28 am

I just feel Pops will always be tops!

Arneldenal

Postby Arneldenal » Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:32 am

Marvel_Mama wrote:There is so much more room for variety with the Pop figures vs the sodas. The sizes, the detail, the add ons are way more accessible for the pop figures. The soda are very limited on what variety they can make. Also the figures only translate so well with facial features for certain characters on the sodas ive noticed. I think this is why the pops are always a fan favorite over the sodas so far. I always enjoy seeing the new lines and variety they come up with. I have gotten sodas but I still enjoy the pops figures more just for the mere fact they can do more with that line.

Yup this is what I’ve always said

Wiselordship

Postby Wiselordship » Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:22 pm

Arneldenal wrote:
Marvel_Mama wrote:There is so much more room for variety with the Pop figures vs the sodas. The sizes, the detail, the add ons are way more accessible for the pop figures. The soda are very limited on what variety they can make. Also the figures only translate so well with facial features for certain characters on the sodas ive noticed. I think this is why the pops are always a fan favorite over the sodas so far. I always enjoy seeing the new lines and variety they come up with. I have gotten sodas but I still enjoy the pops figures more just for the mere fact they can do more with that line.

Yep, Nd the 3lts gave them more room, but only for bigger characters really. Bugs was a good example on going beyond the can, but seemed unfinished when you had to put together. Pops just have more room to make cooler molds. Specially some lately for anime.

Arneldenal

Postby Arneldenal » Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:18 pm

Arneldenal wrote:

Definitely

Return to “Soda”