Rumors of a Soda wind-down

Included with each SODA can is a 4.25” vinyl figure and a collectible disc both with a 1 in 6 chase variant!
Wiselordship

Re: Rumors of a Soda wind-down

Postby Wiselordship » Mon Feb 26, 2024 6:14 pm

Squird wrote:
Elviax wrote:
Wiselordship wrote:
With you on this. Hopefully they are just taking a look and going to turn it back to the old way. Since we still need some sodas from lines they started.

Yes please! In particular the scooby line please!

I'm with you here. I really like the Scooby Sodas.

Yea. It was said to get the Velma soda cancelled. Hoping it pops back up as a con or something.

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Mon Feb 26, 2024 7:40 pm

I could see them going down. I think the high number counts took some of the hype away. I am sad if they do go away. I do like their form factor. I think in general what makes it hard with soda is they are hard to display in a stacked manner because you have to take them out of the can. So for those with space issues from other lines, sodas are harder to fit in somewhere.
Collecting since 2014

Esko5150

Postby Esko5150 » Tue Feb 27, 2024 3:16 pm

I thought Sodas were one of the better lines outside of pops they've come up with. Sadly, like all the rest, people just run out of space and also high counts kind of crush most lines.
Hello I'm ESKO!
900+ Pops, Mystery Minis, Sodas & Other Funko Products
Mayor of Angrytown

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Shalee04

Postby Shalee04 » Tue Feb 27, 2024 3:21 pm

Esko5150 wrote:I thought Sodas were one of the better lines outside of pops they've come up with. Sadly, like all the rest, people just run out of space and also high counts kind of crush most lines.

I was someone who wasn't going to collect.sodas, and yet here I am.with about 100. Lol
And I was out if space before ever getting one.
They call me Kelly :smt031
OOB deals I love to find.

Disney is my first love whether it be pops, Dorbz , minis or dolls.

Pops and Dorbz -2000+~~~ I have lost count actually
Minis-450+
Protos-2 Dug with cone from my first fundays in 2016
And
Baby Groot with bomb from 2018

dolphinax2

Postby dolphinax2 » Wed Feb 28, 2024 1:47 am

funkonewscanada wrote:
dolphinax2 wrote:
FunkoBurro3 wrote:
Probably or maybe they’ll just make them for cons or funko events (fundays/fright night)

I can definitely see them doing that but as long as they continue making them I'll be happy.

Same...and spacing out the releases gives some time to catch up on some of the ones we're missing (like trying to finish these darn cooler sets)

Completely agree and was so happy to see another cooler set, love these.
Hi. I'm Jeanne (Go by Gina).
I like Nightmare Before Christmas and anything else that catches my eye :)
FUNKO FUNKLUB #13433

[b]Fundays:2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2020[/b]
Funko Fright Night2016
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
World Premiere - Making Fun
Funko Virtual Con 2020
Funkon 2021
FDO 6,7,8 & 9
https://i.ibb.co/wg3cKBx/hJXGyyX.png

thebigdog14

Postby thebigdog14 » Wed Feb 28, 2024 12:59 pm

I really like the sodas. Yes they hard to display but they are so much fun and highly collectible. The cans are fun & the figures are so cute. I do agree they are a bit pricey, but I get why. I prefer they keep making them.
SDCC 2014-2019, 2022, 2023
SWC 2019
Funko Fundays 2019, 2022, 2023

Katers

Postby Katers » Thu Feb 29, 2024 1:29 am

digithor wrote:
Katers wrote:
digithor wrote:
I will admire those from a far. lol

They appreciate your admiration! I wonder if next year we'd get a Luke Freddy soda? Or someone else entirely from SW?

Like jar jar.

There's no need to be mean about it! But hey, if you want Jar Jar, I'll trade him to you! lol
Image ImageImage Image

Elviax

Postby Elviax » Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:32 pm

thebigdog14 wrote:I really like the sodas. Yes they hard to display but they are so much fun and highly collectible. The cans are fun & the figures are so cute. I do agree they are a bit pricey, but I get why. I prefer they keep making them.

I think thats one grossly underrated thing. The can artwork for pretty much all of them are amazing. One of my favorite things about them :freddy2:
Anime/Pokemon Collector

thebigdog14

Postby thebigdog14 » Sat Mar 02, 2024 4:22 pm

Elviax wrote:
thebigdog14 wrote:I really like the sodas. Yes they hard to display but they are so much fun and highly collectible. The cans are fun & the figures are so cute. I do agree they are a bit pricey, but I get why. I prefer they keep making them.

I think thats one grossly underrated thing. The can artwork for pretty much all of them are amazing. One of my favorite things about them :freddy2:

The hard part honestly is figuring out how to display them. I wanna show off the can, the pog, and the figure. There's some companies that make display set ups though.
SDCC 2014-2019, 2022, 2023
SWC 2019
Funko Fundays 2019, 2022, 2023

HockeyDad

Postby HockeyDad » Sun Mar 03, 2024 12:40 am

Katers wrote:
digithor wrote:
Katers wrote:
They appreciate your admiration! I wonder if next year we'd get a Luke Freddy soda? Or someone else entirely from SW?

Like jar jar.

There's no need to be mean about it! But hey, if you want Jar Jar, I'll trade him to you! lol

I want Jar Jar ... I want Jar Jar in a Jar, I want Jar Jar at the Bar, I will admire Jar Jar from near or far, or in a car at the mar ...
I'm Greg. My son is "RSVHockeyDude". We collect Funko products together.
Pop! Count = 3133
Pop! Pez Count = 197
Funko Soda (My New Favorite): 762 different Sodas including Intl Versions
Other Funko Products (Hikari, Vynl, Wobblers, etc) = 87
Proto Count = 14 Pop (Mostly NHL; a little of Battlestar Galactica, Star Wars, Disney, The Simpsons); 4 Soda (NYCC Freddy)

HockeyDad

Postby HockeyDad » Sun Mar 03, 2024 12:41 am

thebigdog14 wrote:
Elviax wrote:

The hard part honestly is figuring out how to display them. I wanna show off the can, the pog, and the figure. There's some companies that make display set ups though.

We like to display them in Baseball Bat Cases from Michaels. They fit perfectly!
I'm Greg. My son is "RSVHockeyDude". We collect Funko products together.
Pop! Count = 3133
Pop! Pez Count = 197
Funko Soda (My New Favorite): 762 different Sodas including Intl Versions
Other Funko Products (Hikari, Vynl, Wobblers, etc) = 87
Proto Count = 14 Pop (Mostly NHL; a little of Battlestar Galactica, Star Wars, Disney, The Simpsons); 4 Soda (NYCC Freddy)

Katers

Postby Katers » Sun Mar 03, 2024 2:10 pm

HockeyDad wrote:
Katers wrote:
digithor wrote:
Like jar jar.

I want Jar Jar ... I want Jar Jar in a Jar, I want Jar Jar at the Bar, I will admire Jar Jar from near or far, or in a car at the mar ...

All I read from that is I have 2 people to trade Jar Jar away to! lol

Good job on the rhymes though! =D>
Image ImageImage Image

ArmyGuy2017

Postby ArmyGuy2017 » Tue Mar 05, 2024 12:42 pm

I think that's not a bad idea. I feel to many Freddy Sodas in all those BOF
Attended Fundays : 2017,2018,2019,2022,2023 FDO9 Valencia Funko Hollywood Grand Opening 2022 Mask O Raid

SusanBurk

Postby SusanBurk » Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:36 am

Shalee04 wrote: I was someone who wasn't going to collect.sodas, and yet here I am.with about 100. Lol

I said the same and have about 350 now. Lol

I used to only buy cases and ended up selling and shipping over 700 commons at once to a seller in another state. Now I mostly just buy 1 or 2 and if I don’t get the chase, I buy it. Cases are too expensive now and no one wants the commons.

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:40 am

SusanBurk wrote:
Shalee04 wrote: I was someone who wasn't going to collect.sodas, and yet here I am.with about 100. Lol

I said the same and have about 350 now. Lol

I used to only buy cases and ended up selling and shipping over 700 commons at once to a seller in another state. Now I mostly just buy 1 or 2 and if I don’t get the chase, I buy it. Cases are too expensive now and no one wants the commons.

Good point! I use to do the same. Last month I bought 2 sealed soda cans from 2 different sellers on Mercari, I landed the chase. :smt033
Image Image
ImageImage

SusanBurk

Postby SusanBurk » Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:26 pm

DrunkoPop wrote:Good point! I use to do the same. Last month I bought 2 sealed soda cans from 2 different sellers on Mercari, I landed the chase. :smt033

I love it when that happens. I do miss having a bunch of cans to open. It’s like gambling. I’m the same with NFTs. I’ll buy packs for collections I’m not particularly interested in just to have the fun of opening them.

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:03 pm

SusanBurk wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:Good point! I use to do the same. Last month I bought 2 sealed soda cans from 2 different sellers on Mercari, I landed the chase. :smt033

I love it when that happens. I do miss having a bunch of cans to open. It’s like gambling. I’m the same with NFTs. I’ll buy packs for collections I’m not particularly interested in just to have the fun of opening them.

Well to be fair, I only bought the 2 because I needed the can to insert the Proto I received at Fright Night 2023. The other soda I just wanted to add to my collection. I never expected to land the chase. [-(
Image Image
ImageImage

Swatrob

Postby Swatrob » Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:34 pm

I see them all over the place where I am at. I like them due to space issues so I hope they keep going with them.
Walking Dead Super Fan, collector of random sets, Harry Potter, Star Wars, horror, Disney, and a few other here and there. Funko Funclub member. Have luckily attended Fundays, collecting since early 2000’s.

cerealkiller

Postby cerealkiller » Fri Mar 22, 2024 9:27 pm

Hope they keep going with the line. Some characters translate well to the medium.

dr-FOMO

Postby dr-FOMO » Sat Mar 23, 2024 12:39 pm

I thought sodas were going well for them, why the wind down. If anything I see Itty bitty pops not lasting long
IG: Dr.FOMO
FO·MO
/ˈfōmō/
noun

anxiety that an exciting or interesting event may currently be happening elsewhere, often aroused by posts seen on social media.

:freddy3:
NYCC2022
NYCC2021
NYCC2019
NYCC2018
NYCC2015

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:50 pm

dr-FOMO wrote:I thought sodas were going well for them, why the wind down. If anything I see Itty bitty pops not lasting long

Because they funkoed it up, line was a success so they took everything people liked about them (low edition sizes, more obscure character choices) and threw that away for more mass produced garbage of every character that ever was even on screen in the MCU for half a second and gave them infinity edition sizes then when 10,000,000 of black panthers mom mysteriously didn’t sell they said “welp guess fans hate the soda, time to move on”

lavery01
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby lavery01 » Sun Mar 24, 2024 4:41 pm

Since My husband and I collect sodas’s very selectively, It wouldn’t really make us feel a way if they are vaulted and no longer produced.
Hi I'm Latricia \:D/

SusanBurk

Postby SusanBurk » Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:11 pm

DrunkoPop wrote:
SusanBurk wrote:

Well to be fair, I only bought the 2 because I needed the can to insert the Proto I received at Fright Night 2023. The other soda I just wanted to add to my collection. I never expected to land the chase. [-(

Ooh nice! What Proto?

SusanBurk

Postby SusanBurk » Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:13 pm

cerealkiller wrote:Hope they keep going with the line. Some characters translate well to the medium.

Agreed! Some characters look better as a sofa than a pop. Plus I can display more in a smaller space.

I hope they continue but may have ruined it with the mass quantities and character choices. It’s going drive me crazy only having some characters from lines and not others.

dr-FOMO

Postby dr-FOMO » Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:55 pm

SusanBurk wrote:
cerealkiller wrote:Hope they keep going with the line. Some characters translate well to the medium.

Agreed! Some characters look better as a sofa than a pop. Plus I can display more in a smaller space.

I hope they continue but may have ruined it with the mass quantities and character choices. It’s going drive me crazy only having some characters from lines and not others.

The peanuts gang for one! It's such a good representation in soda form. I will get that cooler pack one day! Possibly two of them for more chance at chases!
FO·MO
/ˈfōmō/
noun

anxiety that an exciting or interesting event may currently be happening elsewhere, often aroused by posts seen on social media.

NYCC2022
NYCC2021
NYCC2019
NYCC2018
NYCC2015

dr-FOMO

Postby dr-FOMO » Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:56 pm

Mr Yac wrote:
dr-FOMO wrote:I thought sodas were going well for them, why the wind down. If anything I see Itty bitty pops not lasting long

Because they funkoed it up, line was a success so they took everything people liked about them (low edition sizes, more obscure character choices) and threw that away for more mass produced garbage of every character that ever was even on screen in the MCU for half a second and gave them infinity edition sizes then when 10,000,000 of black panthers mom mysteriously didn’t sell they said “welp guess fans hate the soda, time to move on”

I do agree, since that move, sodas have never been the same. That and the price increase....
FO·MO
/ˈfōmō/
noun

NYCC2022
NYCC2021
NYCC2019
NYCC2018
NYCC2015

justan_obody

Postby justan_obody » Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:58 pm

Has it been confirmed sodas are going away? Is there an article someone can link?
Image Image

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:52 am

justan_obody wrote:Has it been confirmed sodas are going away? Is there an article someone can link?

they never announce when a line dies, but the fact we've seen like 10,000 pop reveals and not a single soda isn't a great sign.

digithor

Postby digithor » Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:29 am

It has been a little bit for any soda reveals.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

SusanBurk

Postby SusanBurk » Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:46 am

dr-FOMO wrote:
SusanBurk wrote:

The peanuts gang for one! It's such a good representation in soda form. I will get that cooler pack one day! Possibly two of them for more chance at chases!

This is a great set I still need to pick up. I’ve gotten to the point where I can buy a set and have just the commons unless the chase is significantly different and be OK with that. I’m addicted to complete sets.

funkomarv96

Postby funkomarv96 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:08 am

They just need to focus on best selling video games, movies, and tv shows. For example if they see a pop of an anime or movie is selling like crazy make a soda from that same anime or movie later on

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:45 am

SusanBurk wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
SusanBurk wrote:

Ooh nice! What Proto?

KNOSSI. The biggest twitch streamer in all of Germany.
Image Image
ImageImage

Mr Yac

Postby Mr Yac » Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:30 am

funkomarv96 wrote:They just need to focus on best selling video games, movies, and tv shows. For example if they see a pop of an anime or movie is selling like crazy make a soda from that same anime or movie later on

Chasing the crap that is popular in the moment is what killed soda, it was doing great as a low count line that focused on niche properties. One it got into flavor of the month stuff is when they overproduced and doomed the line.

justan_obody

Postby justan_obody » Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:39 pm

Mr Yac wrote:
justan_obody wrote:Has it been confirmed sodas are going away? Is there an article someone can link?

they never announce when a line dies, but the fact we've seen like 10,000 pop reveals and not a single soda isn't a great sign.

Thanks, that makes sense
Image Image

funkomarv96

Postby funkomarv96 » Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:07 pm

Mr Yac wrote:
funkomarv96 wrote:They just need to focus on best selling video games, movies, and tv shows. For example if they see a pop of an anime or movie is selling like crazy make a soda from that same anime or movie later on

Chasing the crap that is popular in the moment is what killed soda, it was doing great as a low count line that focused on niche properties. One it got into flavor of the month stuff is when they overproduced and doomed the line.

Chasing after what’s popular and keeping it at a low count is what people want.

dr-FOMO

Postby dr-FOMO » Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:51 am

SusanBurk wrote:
dr-FOMO wrote:
SusanBurk wrote:

This is a great set I still need to pick up. I’ve gotten to the point where I can buy a set and have just the commons unless the chase is significantly different and be OK with that. I’m addicted to complete sets.

That's a dangerous path especially how Funko goes and make multiple variations of one mold. Sometimes I think I have the one version of a character that I'd be satisfied with, and then boom! Funko comes out with either a better version of same mold or a more dynamic pose...sigh I never win
FO·MO
/ˈfōmō/
noun

NYCC2022
NYCC2021
NYCC2019
NYCC2018
NYCC2015

cerealkiller

Postby cerealkiller » Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:13 am

dr-FOMO wrote:
SusanBurk wrote:

I want a Pig Pen soda

dr-FOMO

Postby dr-FOMO » Sun Mar 31, 2024 8:08 am

All of them honestly. I want to recreate the dance scene if they can the chases as their dance pose haha
FO·MO
/ˈfōmō/
noun

NYCC2022
NYCC2021
NYCC2019
NYCC2018
NYCC2015

TheOverlord619

Postby TheOverlord619 » Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:27 pm

While I'm a fan of every fan getting what they want I've personally never seen the allure of the soda series, I couldn't believe how popular it got, I thought it was going to be a dud, sure proved me wrong for a long time. I have noticed at Comic Con at least there are fewer lines for sodas and lots leftover towards the end of con.

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:47 am

TheOverlord619 wrote:While I'm a fan of every fan getting what they want I've personally never seen the allure of the soda series, I couldn't believe how popular it got, I thought it was going to be a dud, sure proved me wrong for a long time. I have noticed at Comic Con at least there are fewer lines for sodas and lots leftover towards the end of con.

I was the same exact way. I thought sodas were going to be the next “dorbz” boy was I so wrong. ](*,)
Image Image
ImageImage

Return to “Soda”