Rumors of a Soda wind-down

Included with each SODA can is a 4.25” vinyl figure and a collectible disc both with a 1 in 6 chase variant!
TheOverlord619

Re: Rumors of a Soda wind-down

Postby TheOverlord619 » Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:28 pm

DrunkoPop wrote:
TheOverlord619 wrote:While I'm a fan of every fan getting what they want I've personally never seen the allure of the soda series, I couldn't believe how popular it got, I thought it was going to be a dud, sure proved me wrong for a long time. I have noticed at Comic Con at least there are fewer lines for sodas and lots leftover towards the end of con.

I was the same exact way. I thought sodas were going to be the next “dorbz” boy was I so wrong. ](*,)

That's the perfect way of putting it. Dorbz were definitely a....unique series to say the least. And some of the sodas do have a special place in my heart, I love my bobs big boy from fundays.

Boszdrew

Postby Boszdrew » Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:52 pm

RedRoo wrote:So some friends told me that funko may be winding down on soda's, I then checked with some people in the backend likes stores and they noticed some changes so it seems it might be true.

One of the main reasons it seems is that people cant afford a lot of soda's. Speaking from a international view they cost $30+ down here because of the shipping weight ect make them very unaffordable.

Another reason people think and i think could be a strong contender is because bitty's are outselling them. There cheaper, ezyer to display and also strike the minature market.

If this ends up being true how does it make you feel?

It was fun tho
Collecting Funko : 2018
SDCC : 2018, 2023
Wondercon 2018, 2019

Image Image

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:59 pm

TheOverlord619 wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
TheOverlord619 wrote:While I'm a fan of every fan getting what they want I've personally never seen the allure of the soda series, I couldn't believe how popular it got, I thought it was going to be a dud, sure proved me wrong for a long time. I have noticed at Comic Con at least there are fewer lines for sodas and lots leftover towards the end of con.

I was the same exact way. I thought sodas were going to be the next “dorbz” boy was I so wrong. ](*,)

That's the perfect way of putting it. Dorbz were definitely a....unique series to say the least. And some of the sodas do have a special place in my heart, I love my bobs big boy from fundays.

:love4:
Image Image
ImageImage

Shuttlzworth

Postby Shuttlzworth » Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:57 am

Keep them more limited and obscure. Hopefully they keep sodas around just in more limited fashion. My displays got overrun in a blink the past couple years with all the releases.
Image ImageImageImage

Flatt

Postby Flatt » Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:27 am

TheOverlord619 wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:

Preach! I'd be ok if I never got another Soda ever again... but they keep including them in the Con sets and I cant say no when I have all the Pops but there's 1-2 Sodas that go along with it.

TheOverlord619

Postby TheOverlord619 » Fri Apr 05, 2024 2:18 am

Flatt wrote:
TheOverlord619 wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:

Preach! I'd be ok if I never got another Soda ever again... but they keep including them in the Con sets and I cant say no when I have all the Pops but there's 1-2 Sodas that go along with it.

I think I even dare I say like the 2L Vader from SDCC? SWC? Forget where that bad boy was at.

theraven00

Postby theraven00 » Fri Apr 05, 2024 2:24 am

Shuttlzworth wrote:Keep them more limited and obscure. Hopefully they keep sodas around just in more limited fashion. My displays got overrun in a blink the past couple years with all the releases.

Yes, keep them at 5,000 or smaller runs (with chases) and they will have a market. In my opinion, adding a separate international can and then removing the limited runs took some of the allure away from the line.
Poppin'

Richard822

Postby Richard822 » Fri Apr 05, 2024 2:26 am

I wouldn’t really have a problem with it as long as they don’t get rid of them completely because I really do enjoy the soda’s and the chase aspect :freddy2:

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Fri Apr 05, 2024 7:42 am

Flatt wrote:
TheOverlord619 wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:

I love the exclusive sodas that come in the Fundays & Fright Fest boxes :love4:
Image Image
ImageImage

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Fri Apr 05, 2024 7:44 am

TheOverlord619 wrote:
Flatt wrote:
TheOverlord619 wrote:That's the perfect way of putting it. Dorbz were definitely a....unique series to say the least. And some of the sodas do have a special place in my heart, I love my bobs big boy from fundays.

I think I even dare I say like the 2L Vader from SDCC? SWC? Forget where that bad boy was at.

SDCC 2023 :SW3:
Image Image
ImageImage

Flatt

Postby Flatt » Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:43 am

TheOverlord619 wrote:
Flatt wrote:
TheOverlord619 wrote:That's the perfect way of putting it. Dorbz were definitely a....unique series to say the least. And some of the sodas do have a special place in my heart, I love my bobs big boy from fundays.

Slow down big boy... thise 2L are still too massive.

RedRoo

Postby RedRoo » Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:42 am

Boszdrew wrote:
RedRoo wrote:So some friends told me that funko may be winding down on soda's, I then checked with some people in the backend likes stores and they noticed some changes so it seems it might be true.

One of the main reasons it seems is that people cant afford a lot of soda's. Speaking from a international view they cost $30+ down here because of the shipping weight ect make them very unaffordable.

Another reason people think and i think could be a strong contender is because bitty's are outselling them. There cheaper, ezyer to display and also strike the minature market.

It was fun tho

And that is the aim of the game for funko to be fun and try new things!
~Guy
TEAM BACON!
"With blood and rage of crimson red,

Ripped from a corpse so freshly dead,

Together with our hellish hate,

We'll burn you all--that is your fate!"

ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

TheOverlord619

Postby TheOverlord619 » Fri Apr 05, 2024 8:58 pm

DrunkoPop wrote:
TheOverlord619 wrote:
Flatt wrote:

Good on you, I remember having to wait in the Bitty line for them, which was fine because I wanted to collect the Vatman blacklight set (luckily only got one double)

TheOverlord619

Postby TheOverlord619 » Fri Apr 05, 2024 8:59 pm

Flatt wrote:
TheOverlord619 wrote:
Flatt wrote:

I can't wait until the Bitty line gets a Bitty Giant! That's just the size of a normal Pop!

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Fri Apr 05, 2024 9:35 pm

TheOverlord619 wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
TheOverlord619 wrote:I think I even dare I say like the 2L Vader from SDCC? SWC? Forget where that bad boy was at.

Good on you, I remember having to wait in the Bitty line for them, which was fine because I wanted to collect the Vatman blacklight set (luckily only got one double)

That’s pretty awesome!
Image Image
ImageImage

Flatt

Postby Flatt » Sat Apr 06, 2024 3:46 pm

TheOverlord619 wrote:
Flatt wrote:
TheOverlord619 wrote:I think I even dare I say like the 2L Vader from SDCC? SWC? Forget where that bad boy was at.

I can't wait until the Bitty line gets a Bitty Giant! That's just the size of a normal Pop!

HAHAHHAAHHAHA yea that'll bring things around full circle. I can but the exact same Pop with different packaging (AGAIN!)

Flatt

Postby Flatt » Sat Apr 06, 2024 3:47 pm

DrunkoPop wrote:
TheOverlord619 wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:

That’s pretty awesome!

Yea that Batman set was really cool for sure. And Itty's are so much easier to pack and bring home =)

TheOverlord619

Postby TheOverlord619 » Sat Apr 06, 2024 5:45 pm

Flatt wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
TheOverlord619 wrote:Good on you, I remember having to wait in the Bitty line for them, which was fine because I wanted to collect the Vatman blacklight set (luckily only got one double)

That’s pretty awesome!

Yea that Batman set was really cool for sure. And Itty's are so much easier to pack and bring home =)

And fascinating enough I've found way less paint blemishes on them.

Boszdrew

Postby Boszdrew » Sat Apr 06, 2024 6:24 pm

RedRoo wrote:
Boszdrew wrote:

It was fun tho

And that is the aim of the game for funko to be fun and try new things!

That all funko does ruined the fun all the time
Collecting Funko : 2018
SDCC : 2018, 2023
Wondercon 2018, 2019

Image Image

Flatt

Postby Flatt » Sat Apr 06, 2024 6:40 pm

TheOverlord619 wrote:
Flatt wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
That’s pretty awesome!

Very true! I'll take more of those.

xanchui

Postby xanchui » Sat Apr 06, 2024 6:54 pm

Flatt wrote:
TheOverlord619 wrote:
Flatt wrote:

Massive and there's no way to stack them like pops =(. My favorite soda is a 2L though. Maleficent as dragon from nycc. I lucked out and got the chase

Flatt

Postby Flatt » Sat Apr 06, 2024 7:01 pm

xanchui wrote:
Flatt wrote:

Massive and there's no way to stack them like pops =(. My favorite soda is a 2L though. Maleficent as dragon from nycc. I lucked out and got the chase

always good when you get a chase

TheOverlord619

Postby TheOverlord619 » Sat Apr 06, 2024 9:42 pm

xanchui wrote:
Flatt wrote:

I remember during SDCC watching guys sit at a table and weigh their sodas to determine which ones were chases and which ones weren't so they could list them on eBay as sealed and unopened with the "opportunity" for a chase. Looked like little drug dealers over there in the corner with their little scales XD

xanchui

Postby xanchui » Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:05 pm

TheOverlord619 wrote:
xanchui wrote:
Flatt wrote:

I remember during SDCC watching guys sit at a table and weigh their sodas to determine which ones were chases and which ones weren't so they could list them on eBay as sealed and unopened with the "opportunity" for a chase. Looked like little drug dealers over there in the corner with their little scales XD

Funko should weight them so they all weigh the same lol

Flatt

Postby Flatt » Sat Apr 06, 2024 11:12 pm

xanchui wrote:
TheOverlord619 wrote:
xanchui wrote:

Funko should weight them so they all weigh the same lol

Thats that 5th demential chess right there.

fairytail081202

Postby fairytail081202 » Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:00 am

I'm fine with it‎ since I prefer bitty.

funkomarv96

Postby funkomarv96 » Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:58 am

We need more sodas!!! There’s so fun to display in front of the cans

hpellot

Postby hpellot » Sun Apr 07, 2024 4:18 pm

Imo funko made a mistake when they went to larger numbers and mass retail
When soda was more limited it did better

I am sure it was driven by a monetary decision but it still imo hurt the success of soda
ImageImageImage

Some people call me the orange hoodie

ISO funko Force creature from black lagoon chase Glow in the dark

Flatt

Postby Flatt » Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:09 am

hpellot wrote:Imo funko made a mistake when they went to larger numbers and mass retail

I am sure it was driven by a monetary decision but it still imo hurt the success of soda

Pandemic really made everyone do a left turn on their business decisions.

mrodr110

Postby mrodr110 » Mon Apr 08, 2024 1:05 pm

TheOverlord619 wrote:
xanchui wrote:
Flatt wrote:

This is funny. I mean it could be worse and be like NYCC and the corner outside the booth where ppl set ups shop. This year saw a dude pull out a folding table and have a mini booth out there lol

TheOverlord619

Postby TheOverlord619 » Mon Apr 08, 2024 1:27 pm

mrodr110 wrote:
TheOverlord619 wrote:
xanchui wrote:

This is funny. I mean it could be worse and be like NYCC and the corner outside the booth where ppl set ups shop. This year saw a dude pull out a folding table and have a mini booth out there lol

I was bummed there wasn't more trading at SDCC of the batman bittys, I really didn't want to keep standing in that line and pulling duplicate sets lol.

hpellot

Postby hpellot » Mon Apr 08, 2024 3:54 pm

Flatt wrote:
hpellot wrote:Imo funko made a mistake when they went to larger numbers and mass retail

most collectibles over produced during it and then have to had to wind down
ImageImageImage

Some people call me the orange hoodie

ISO funko Force creature from black lagoon chase Glow in the dark

xanchui

Postby xanchui » Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:44 pm

mrodr110 wrote:
TheOverlord619 wrote:
xanchui wrote:

I didn't want to risk my giant bag getting all smashed into, so I set up right outside the booth by the doors and was putting all my stuff in pop protectors. The number of times I was asked if I was selling stuff almost made me want to go do it elsewhere lol

Jnavotoys

Postby Jnavotoys » Mon Apr 08, 2024 11:12 pm

I hope to god they limit sodas again going forward. Freddy’s and con exclusives with LE under 300 chases. Let’s make sodas great again!

Flatt

Postby Flatt » Tue Apr 09, 2024 2:58 am

hpellot wrote:
Flatt wrote:

most collectibles over produced during it and then have to had to wind down

Set a crazy standard and we (collectively) got upset at over production. Now we (the collective) are also mad that production is decreasing. We cant make up our minds. lol

TheOverlord619

Postby TheOverlord619 » Tue Apr 09, 2024 3:37 am

xanchui wrote:
mrodr110 wrote:
TheOverlord619 wrote:I remember during SDCC watching guys sit at a table and weigh their sodas to determine which ones were chases and which ones weren't so they could list them on eBay as sealed and unopened with the "opportunity" for a chase. Looked like little drug dealers over there in the corner with their little scales XD

I didn't want to risk my giant bag getting all smashed into, so I set up right outside the booth by the doors and was putting all my stuff in pop protectors. The number of times I was asked if I was selling stuff almost made me want to go do it elsewhere lol

It works though! In 2022 at SDCC my only *must have* pop was Super Sonic, was going on eBay for over $150 just for someone to hand me one at the Con. Happened to walk past someone in the lobby sorting all theirs out from their bag and asked if I could pay them cash for Sonic, just Sonic, only one I wanted. They said sure, I said does $40 work? Assuming they were going to counter and we'd haggle a bit. Nope! They said works for me and handed him to me. He's now proudly displayed on my wall (in a hard protector of course).

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:46 am

Flatt wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
TheOverlord619 wrote:Good on you, I remember having to wait in the Bitty line for them, which was fine because I wanted to collect the Vatman blacklight set (luckily only got one double)

That’s pretty awesome!

Facts :-"
Image Image
ImageImage

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:47 am

TheOverlord619 wrote:
Flatt wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
That’s pretty awesome!

They’re probably much easier to create and produce.
Image Image
ImageImage

xanchui

Postby xanchui » Tue Apr 09, 2024 1:14 pm

TheOverlord619 wrote:
xanchui wrote:
mrodr110 wrote:

It works though! In 2022 at SDCC my only *must have* pop was Super Sonic, was going on eBay for over $150 just for someone to hand me one at the Con. Happened to walk past someone in the lobby sorting all theirs out from their bag and asked if I could pay them cash for Sonic, just Sonic, only one I wanted. They said sure, I said does $40 work? Assuming they were going to counter and we'd haggle a bit. Nope! They said works for me and handed him to me. He's now proudly displayed on my wall (in a hard protector of course).

Nice score!

singerjared21

Postby singerjared21 » Tue Apr 09, 2024 1:23 pm

I hope not the case but seems that they haven’t been releasing all that are announced as well.

Return to “Soda”