Should the requirements for royalty sets change?

Funko has entered the world of Non-fungible tokens!
Funkolotz1622

Re: Should the requirements for royalty sets change?

Postby Funkolotz1622 » Fri Jun 16, 2023 9:44 pm

scullysdad wrote:
jagpop wrote:
scullysdad wrote:The annoying thing for me when it comes to the lower tiers now is selling my extra cards - I don’t need 24 extra Adventure Time cards so I have been selling them and you literally can’t sell them for more than 0.22 Wax which equals about 0.008 cents lol

That sounds like a lot of work for a fraction of a penny. At that point, keep them and hope the Bonus Freddy comes from that card. lol

It might actually be more button presses to burn them, so you lose either way lol

I haven't anything so I'm not sure probably there is a confirmation button
Fundays 2022 - Black Light Proto Robos
Fright Night 2022
Fundays 2023 - Protomoa Wolves

frozenstate907

Postby frozenstate907 » Sun Jun 18, 2023 4:25 pm

I think that if they are being recognized as "filler" by collectors, then they should create more variety in one pack but keep the rare ones rare. This way, we are seeing more characters that we enjoy which makes it more thrilling as a collector in general.

frozenstate907

Postby frozenstate907 » Sun Jun 18, 2023 4:27 pm

I also thinknit could be really cool to work some sacred geometry design into some of the superhero cards, or just a tad more detail in the background design to make it pop!

billyconard

Postby billyconard » Mon Jun 19, 2023 12:50 pm

I like the way it is. It's fun to get an entire set AND get a reward for it. It encourages trading and buying/selling on the wax platform and gives collectors a way to get something that isn't just a lucky pull of a specific NFT.

I would be open to additional ways to get redeemables and have fun for collectors than the current 2 ways though. Continue to add games, contests, and other ideas to keep this fresh over time will be valuable. Funko could learn a lot looking at NBA Top Shot and other NFT collectibles across the world.

WildBill

Postby WildBill » Mon Jun 19, 2023 3:46 pm

jagpop wrote:
scullysdad wrote:The annoying thing for me when it comes to the lower tiers now is selling my extra cards - I don’t need 24 extra Adventure Time cards so I have been selling them and you literally can’t sell them for more than 0.22 Wax which equals about 0.008 cents lol

That sounds like a lot of work for a fraction of a penny. At that point, keep them and hope the Bonus Freddy comes from that card. lol

This is one of the areas where I think Atomic Hub gets it right. You can select a bunch of NFTs, choose bulk listing, and autofill below market price (-1%). It makes it a breeze unloading extra commons, uncommons, etc. I suggest filtering your inventory by collection and rarity so you don’t list something accidentally.

cliffd64
Hall of Fame Class of 2006
Hall of Fame Class of 2006

Postby cliffd64 » Thu Jun 22, 2023 2:26 pm

Dsho333 wrote:I've been finishing up a few royalty sets lately and it seems like sets are just getting cheaper and cheaper. Common and uncommon are usually around 1 cent each and rares maybe get up to 15 cents. Are they even necessary anymore? I know for packs they are necessary filler but should we just eliminate them for completing royalty? Or is the problem that the sets are releasing too quickly?

I think the real problem is unfortunately the licenses that Funko has been able to acquire are not driving a huge amount of interest lately. They really need a breakthrough on acquiring some top-notch properties to bring to the NFT table.
Image ImageImage Image Image Image Image

stichem05

Postby stichem05 » Mon Jul 17, 2023 9:43 am

They could change the pack ratios. Like guaranteeing at least one Epic per Premium Pack. Most trading card packs have that.

djschexmix

Postby djschexmix » Mon Jul 24, 2023 8:34 pm

I'm working on completing the ST Royalty (it will be my first) and I'm waiting for the Epics to settle a little lower after the hype dies down a bit. Most are still $20 and I need 11 more. That's a pricey redemption but will be an incredible addition.

Dsho333 wrote:I've been finishing up a few royalty sets lately and it seems like sets are just getting cheaper and cheaper. Common and uncommon are usually around 1 cent each and rares maybe get up to 15 cents. Are they even necessary anymore? I know for packs they are necessary filler but should we just eliminate them for completing royalty? Or is the problem that the sets are releasing too quickly?

BatLita

Postby BatLita » Tue Jul 25, 2023 12:24 pm

I like trying to get the Royalty - the fun is in the chase for me to complete a set.
FRIGHT NIGHT 2022
FUNDAYS 2022
SDCC 2022
NYCC 2022
NYCC 2019
ECCC 2019
NYCC 2018
NYCC 2017
NYCC 2016
NYCC 2015

JoeG

Postby JoeG » Tue Jul 25, 2023 8:30 pm

I think the current system is fine. I feel that these sets come a bit to fast but I feel that most of the NFT's even the the Freddy's are just meh. Ona side note I think the creativity, art style, and animation on the cards are amazing.

Turie1975

Postby Turie1975 » Tue Aug 08, 2023 2:30 pm

Maybe the amount of what it takes as far as the Epics go- but other than that I think it is fine.

Funkognome

Postby Funkognome » Fri Aug 11, 2023 12:20 am

I could see the argument for just getting epics, as the rest are just a pain to have to bother for seemingly nothing, but there's nothing wrong with how they have it set up

Ginzo1622

Postby Ginzo1622 » Fri Aug 11, 2023 6:58 am

I don't see any problem with this. It's a prize for getting everything, a price for legendary, a prize for grail so it makes sense
Fundays 2022 - Proto Robots
Fright Night 2022
Fundays 2023 - Protomoa Wolves

Don't stand in my way!!!

:whdat:

Return to “NFT/Digital”