Please Note: New User Registrations and username/email address changes will be on hold from May 29th, 2024 through June 3rd, 2024

Ultra Redeemables

Funko has entered the world of Non-fungible tokens!
roodzter

Re: Ultra Redeemables

Postby roodzter » Sun May 19, 2024 1:00 pm

MorbidGee wrote:Ultra seems like it would be something like an Easter egg. A lucky few would get ultra redemption. I hope it means you can have the collection coins made into a pin collection!!! That would be awesome.

I don't think they realize the potential their series coins have. Making them into an actual coin or pin would make current collectors extremely happy AND bring in coin and pin collectors into collecting NFTs.

roodzter

Postby roodzter » Sun May 19, 2024 1:04 pm

PopPChulo wrote:
CaseyJones14 wrote:Someone spotted this earlier...

What are redemption tokens and how do they work?
Redemption Tokens are digital collectibles that are used to redeem for a physical collectible corresponding to the Mythic, Grail, Legendary, Ultra, and/or Royalty Set(s) for any given collection held in your inventory.

Redemption Tokens are delivered to your inventory after a collection snapshot occurs. To redeem a token, visit the Redemptions page to claim your physical collectible before the Redemption window ends.

What do you guys think Ultra will be? The order they list em makes me believe it'll be easier to get than Legendary with higher edition sizes.

You may be on to something. You know the number one complaint is folks saying that they struck out after a drop, so if there was a pack that gauranteed a redeemable but maybe not as a low of a LE as a legendary, I could see that being more beneficial to draw consumers in. Ultra sounds like maybe a LE5000 or LE10000 to me. Something a lot easier to obtain.

You guessed it with your LE5000! Seems reasonable since LE10000 wouldn't make it as limited. Just look at all the shelfwarming sodas over 10K.

Jeffryan73

Postby Jeffryan73 » Sun May 19, 2024 1:08 pm

After seeing the outcome of Mythics I am sure they will be trying several new ideas to see what sticks.
Family, Friends and Funko :beerchug:

roodzter

Postby roodzter » Sun May 19, 2024 1:09 pm

Bdubzbots wrote:getting more of a chance at a hit is good by me! when i open $150 worth of packs and dont get a hit i kinda feel ripped, this would ease the burn!

It definitely will ease the burn! lol

movieman1981

Postby movieman1981 » Sun May 19, 2024 10:05 pm

roodzter wrote:
movieman1981 wrote:
FunkoSimpson92 wrote:These could be something for a master set completion someone had mentioned!
Either way more chances at redeemables soon! Love the mythic pack concept!! New excitement is needed imo for the nfts!

I wish the mythic packs could stagger throughout the sale and give people a chance throughout the sale. I would like to see sell outs again and packs not burned

I was thinking about that when I saw that the standard and premium packs were stagnant for a bit after the Mythic packs sold out.

What about them having a mystery bundle that could contain a combination of all types of packs but does not guarantee a Mythic pack? I'd take my chances!

I think a mystery bundle with remaining packs from releases that weren't sold and not burned would be pretty cool. All the different redeemable times, dead lines, and so on... Droppp would have to plan a mystery pack bundle well

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Mon May 20, 2024 9:31 am

roodzter wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:

What do you guys think Ultra will be? The order they list em makes me believe it'll be easier to get than Legendary with higher edition sizes.

You may be on to something. You know the number one complaint is folks saying that they struck out after a drop, so if there was a pack that gauranteed a redeemable but maybe not as a low of a LE as a legendary, I could see that being more beneficial to draw consumers in. Ultra sounds like maybe a LE5000 or LE10000 to me. Something a lot easier to obtain.

You guessed it with your LE5000! Seems reasonable since LE10000 wouldn't make it as limited. Just look at all the shelfwarming sodas over 10K.

Yes yes, however though - I still think depending on how big the license is - LE 10k may not be outside of the realm of possibility further down the line. We are still kinda in the infant stages of this whole process as it’s a new concept so I imagine we may see new mechanics introduced and piece counts tweaked as we go along.
PopPChulo

Funko Enthusiast/Creative Idea Expert/Music Analyst/Pop Culture Geek :freddy3:

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

NENDOPOP

Postby NENDOPOP » Mon May 20, 2024 10:28 am

Jeffryan73 wrote:After seeing the outcome of Mythics I am sure they will be trying several new ideas to see what sticks.

The idea of ultra is neat as a consolation prize. That way more people get something!
:freddy2:

Elviax

Postby Elviax » Mon May 20, 2024 11:17 am

I'm curious what ultras they inevitably do for other sets. Having the Scooby be the ultra in this set for the inaugural roll out of it was smart as its one of the best looking pops (in my opinion) in the set! Giving people a popular character as a sort consolation prize as others have said is a great idea, and should help more people feel like they are getting their values worth :D
Hello! My name's David, nice to meet you!

Anime/Pokemon Collector

partner-in-crime

Postby partner-in-crime » Mon May 20, 2024 7:02 pm

PopPChulo wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:

Update: looks like my lucky guess was right lol lol lol I do think that it’s cool that they are trying to tweak the drops to make physicals more accessible and likely to hit. This way people don’t walk away empty handed as often.

I am all for this, nothing more frustrating to buy and walk away with nada. Can't wait to try it out.
Hello funatics, I'm Alana and I love collecting dragon pops.

FUNDAYS 2016, 2018, 2019, 2022
FDO LA 8
World Premiere Making Fun
FUNKO Hollywood Grand Opening
[color=#FF8000]Mask O Raid 2022[/color]

bbauwe01

Postby bbauwe01 » Mon May 20, 2024 7:04 pm

I like this. I’ve spent a lot of money on NFTs and have never got a redeemable. So having a cheaper more available item so people don’t leave empty handed as much is a good thing

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Mon May 20, 2024 10:33 pm

partner-in-crime wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:

Update: looks like my lucky guess was right lol lol lol I do think that it’s cool that they are trying to tweak the drops to make physicals more accessible and likely to hit. This way people don’t walk away empty handed as often.

I am all for this, nothing more frustrating to buy and walk away with nada. Can't wait to try it out.

Man I remember I was so hyped for the transformers series 1 drop, I just knew I was going to walk away with half the set. 240 dollars later, I had zero redemptions & handful of epics. So because I’m familiar with how that feels, I think this is a award winning idea introducing a ultra lol I’m usually not one to endorse high pc counts but this is extremely appropriate given the circumstance
PopPChulo

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

deadlycollects

Postby deadlycollects » Tue May 21, 2024 12:22 am

:drunken:
PopPChulo wrote:
partner-in-crime wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:

Man I remember I was so hyped for the transformers series 1 drop, I just knew I was going to walk away with half the set. 240 dollars later, I had zero redemptions & handful of epics. So because I’m familiar with how that feels, I think this is a award winning idea introducing a ultra lol I’m usually not one to endorse high pc counts but this is extremely appropriate given the circumstance

It was all fun and games ripping until you get to that last pack and you havent gotten anything lol

yamster8888

Postby yamster8888 » Tue May 21, 2024 9:00 am

this is the gate way for a redeemable in every pack and where their will be different tier packs with a guarantee level of redeemable

Funko_aiden

Postby Funko_aiden » Wed May 22, 2024 8:50 am

How did we all good with the funime drop :)

partner-in-crime

Postby partner-in-crime » Thu May 23, 2024 9:08 pm

deadlycollects wrote::drunken:
PopPChulo wrote:
partner-in-crime wrote:

It was all fun and games ripping until you get to that last pack and you havent gotten anything lol

Yeah, sometimes it’s pretty heartbreaking, but this should make it better [-o<
Hello funatics, I'm Alana and I love collecting dragon pops.

FUNDAYS 2016, 2018, 2019, 2022
FDO LA 8
World Premiere Making Fun
FUNKO Hollywood Grand Opening
[color=#FF8000]Mask O Raid 2022[/color]

MasterSplyntr

Postby MasterSplyntr » Thu May 23, 2024 9:13 pm

yamster8888 wrote:this is the gate way for a redeemable in every pack and where their will be different tier packs with a guarantee level of redeemable

I really hope not.
I be Chris

kmandude92

Postby kmandude92 » Fri May 24, 2024 5:47 am

Even though I've been pushing for more limited count pieces, I feel like having an easier-to-get NFT redeemable isn't a bad idea. Interested to see where it goes from here, but I'm willing to see this play out for a bit (I guess lol)
Stay Lit, Y'all :-({|=
IG: @kylekollector
ISO:
Ezio 21 (grey outfit Common and blue outfit GameStop exclusive)
Logan 28 (Box Only - I have the non-bobblehead Pop itself)
Peter Parker 34 (Box Only - I have the Pop itself)

Ginzo1622

Postby Ginzo1622 » Fri May 24, 2024 6:56 am

kmandude92 wrote:Even though I've been pushing for more limited count pieces, I feel like having an easier-to-get NFT redeemable isn't a bad idea. Interested to see where it goes from here, but I'm willing to see this play out for a bit (I guess lol)

Hopefully next time they make 2 to 3 of them so it's more fun
Fundays 2022 - Proto Robots
Fright Night 2022
Fundays 2023 - Protomoa Wolves

Don't stand in my way!!!

:whdat:

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Fri May 24, 2024 10:08 am

kmandude92 wrote:Even though I've been pushing for more limited count pieces, I feel like having an easier-to-get NFT redeemable isn't a bad idea. Interested to see where it goes from here, but I'm willing to see this play out for a bit (I guess lol)

I’m fully in support of this idea because wiping out is no fun lol
PopPChulo

CAHLEB

Postby CAHLEB » Fri May 24, 2024 10:16 am

Curious to see what line will get one next or if it’ll be every line.

kmandude92

Postby kmandude92 » Fri May 24, 2024 4:06 pm

PopPChulo wrote:

I’m fully in support of this idea because wiping out is no fun lol

Agreed, striking out with $120 of packs is NOT great lol
Stay Lit, Y'all :-({|=
IG: @kylekollector
ISO:
Ezio 21 (grey outfit Common and blue outfit GameStop exclusive)
Logan 28 (Box Only - I have the non-bobblehead Pop itself)
Peter Parker 34 (Box Only - I have the Pop itself)

Greek187

Postby Greek187 » Fri May 24, 2024 4:10 pm

I wonder if we will see licensed Ultra mythic packs for like Disney or star wars
Funko POP collector since 2015
Wife and Husband hobby for both of us
Couples funatics!
EVENTS going to SDCC 2024 - DISNEY D23 2024
Sdcc 2023 :freddy3: Image
WENT TO -.Hollywood grand opening ,Wondercon 23 , FUNKON 1 2021 opening day,,

bakivali

Postby bakivali » Fri May 24, 2024 4:19 pm

The ultra will be interesting. If my math is right, the odds of a redeemable are now slightly under one in every two Premium packs.

StarWarsFunkoGirl

Postby StarWarsFunkoGirl » Fri May 24, 2024 5:42 pm

Greek187 wrote:I wonder if we will see licensed Ultra mythic packs for like Disney or star wars

I think the Ultra will be in every single Droppp going forward.
https://i.imgur.com/F5eaJ4O.jpg

Started collecting: 2014 | Pop! Star Wars: 758 | Pop! Harry Potter/Fantastic Beast 180 | 290 random pops, minis & pins

E1f4

Postby E1f4 » Fri May 24, 2024 10:23 pm

roodzter wrote:
Bdubzbots wrote:getting more of a chance at a hit is good by me! when i open $150 worth of packs and dont get a hit i kinda feel ripped, this would ease the burn!

It definitely will ease the burn! lol

Ease the burn, but since you have 1 redeemable from the Ultra pack, gotta get them all right? lol
:freddy2:

keyese

Postby keyese » Sat May 25, 2024 6:35 am

I appreciate that they are probably looking at feedback and sales and finding new ways to improve the experience. I've had good luck mostly, but it's discouraging to open multiple premiums with no redeemables. I don't know what the value will be on these for resale, but as a collector I'm excited for it to be a little easier to get something.
AKA ElizabethKeyes on Twitch or keyese on Discord :freddy2:
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

Return to “NFT/Digital”