Is it less expensive to buy on Ebay?

Funko has entered the world of Non-fungible tokens!
keyese

Re: Is it less expensive to buy on Ebay?

Postby keyese » Wed May 15, 2024 4:21 pm

It depends on if you think you'll be wanting to get more of the Pops in the future. There is a bit of a learning curve, especially with things like collecting all the cards for royalty sets and making sure you are on top of redemption periods. Personally if I were only interested in getting a couple of the Pops from one or two lines, I would just buy on Ebay after people get them in hand. It comes down to a balance of time and effort for collecting (creating a wallet, the drop queues, trading or buying or selling to get your sets, watching the marketplace trends, redeeming, etc).
AKA ElizabethKeyes on Twitch or keyese on Discord :freddy2:
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

jcrook

Postby jcrook » Thu May 16, 2024 6:04 pm

keyese wrote:It depends on if you think you'll be wanting to get more of the Pops in the future. There is a bit of a learning curve, especially with things like collecting all the cards for royalty sets and making sure you are on top of redemption periods. Personally if I were only interested in getting a couple of the Pops from one or two lines, I would just buy on Ebay after people get them in hand. It comes down to a balance of time and effort for collecting (creating a wallet, the drop queues, trading or buying or selling to get your sets, watching the marketplace trends, redeeming, etc).

That does sound like a lot of work. I am not into all of the different NFT's,, just an occasional one, so I think you are right in your advice if it is just for the occasional pop eBay or other secondary market.
Funko Fundays 2017
FunKon 2021
SDCC 2017, 2018, 2022

I go by Crook

kmandude92

Postby kmandude92 » Thu May 16, 2024 6:37 pm

Depends on the line and what pops you're looking for - I usually go all-in for the drops I want multiple Pops from and wait it on for resale on others
Stay Lit, Y'all :-({|=
IG: @kylekollector
ISO:
Ezio 21 (grey outfit Common and blue outfit GameStop exclusive)
Logan 28 (Box Only - I have the non-bobblehead Pop itself)
Peter Parker 34 (Box Only - I have the Pop itself)

jwrivera27

Postby jwrivera27 » Sat May 18, 2024 4:50 pm

Elewitt2022 wrote:For a Pop collector who has not done anything with digital NFT, who wants to get a few of the physical NFT Pops! would it be less expensive to just buy it on ebay, versus starting a Droppp account and buying UDSC so you can collect all of the royalty sets, legendary sets, or buying grail tokens, etc?

I just really like some of these Star Trek ones....but not sure about all that goes into getting setup with NFT's...

Looking for real advice.....Thanks

Id say it's a bit easier to buy off of eBay but I know people love that's buyers insurance...I'd recommend joined the Funko NFT BST group as you can find deals daily over there.
ImageImageImage

Admin of Funko NFT BST :freddy2:

Attended

Fright Night 2022
Blacklight Battle Fundays 2022 - Pop Protectors
Camp Fundays 2023 - Funamuck Bears

biedermann15

Postby biedermann15 » Sat May 18, 2024 4:58 pm

Ebay is not horrible to find the NFTs. There is a also a few good Facebook groups if you want to avoid the fees and taxes.

joshuadoescosplay

Postby joshuadoescosplay » Sat May 18, 2024 5:02 pm

Honestly, it’s a 50/50 between buying the physicals a few weeks after they’ve been delivered and people are undercutting one another/buying the nfts before snapshot occurs and tokens are distributed.
ImageImage

jwrivera27

Postby jwrivera27 » Sat May 18, 2024 5:07 pm

Elewitt2022 wrote:For a Pop collector who has not done anything with digital NFT, who wants to get a few of the physical NFT Pops! would it be less expensive to just buy it on ebay, versus starting a Droppp account and buying UDSC so you can collect all of the royalty sets, legendary sets, or buying grail tokens, etc?

I just really like some of these Star Trek ones....but not sure about all that goes into getting setup with NFT's...

I see a ton of funkos on ebay for about 50-150% markup compared to Facebook groups and marketplace
ImageImageImage

Admin of Funko NFT BST :freddy2:

Attended

Fright Night 2022
Blacklight Battle Fundays 2022 - Pop Protectors
Camp Fundays 2023 - Funamuck Bears

tokiyeo

Postby tokiyeo » Sat May 18, 2024 9:52 pm

just buy it its better

tokiyeo

Postby tokiyeo » Sat May 18, 2024 9:53 pm

Shadowfyre wrote:I'd say if all your wanting is the physical pops, wait until after redemption and people have received the physical items. Then look on eBay or even Mercari. Getting into NFTs can be very overwhelming - there can sometimes be a lot of steps involved. I do know there are videos that content creators have created about the whole Droppp process. You can probably Google search those if you are really interested in setting up a Droppp account and participating. Good luck on whatever path you choose! The NFT pops can be some of the most awesome around! I definitely enjoy collecting a few NFT lines!

i stick to ebay!

M37R01D

Postby M37R01D » Sun May 19, 2024 9:50 am

Generally once physicals are in hand all the flippers start undercutting each other especially in my fb group. I usually tell people its better to wait it out and grab once in hand. Fomo gets the best of people sometimes.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Admin of - Funko NFT Collectors BST, Funko Paka Paka & Snapsies BSTC & Funko Mystery Minis Hunt BSTC on FB

Squird
Hall of Fame Class of 2012
Hall of Fame Class of 2012

Postby Squird » Sun May 19, 2024 10:38 am

I don’t know about less expensive, but it sure is easier.

I don’t want the hassle of setting up accounts and buying a trading so if I like a given pop, I wait,

I’m not built for the hunt.
Funklub: 11181

sealordbrian

Postby sealordbrian » Sun May 19, 2024 9:06 pm

This is a hot issue but it comes down to demand for the item. When these things are released (as digital items), the demand is high, then it cools off so you can often find deals/steals in the digital domain on the marketplaces. Plus the groups are usually pretty good about identifying potential sales or people doing "ISO" posts. For an ebay sale (once in hand, would never buy an NFT Pop before it's seen redeemed on Ebay -- too much potential for something to go wrong), there is a one pro and one con that that stands out. You can identify damage (which can be a problem) but the market stabilizes on price. That can either go in your favor, or in my case, against you. Good luck and happy hunting.

FunkoFresh253

Postby FunkoFresh253 » Sun May 19, 2024 11:53 pm

probably the easiest way, but not really the cheapest way. but people pay for convenience. so thats your call really.
Team Goonies! Team Pop Protectors! Team Lumberjacks!Image

Chenzo157

Postby Chenzo157 » Thu May 23, 2024 1:05 am

A lot goes into this but I feel like it'll be cheaper to get it while it's digital and redeem it yourself
Attended:

Fright Night '22
Camp Fundays '23

:freddy1:

Elewitt2022

Postby Elewitt2022 » Thu May 23, 2024 8:37 am

Update!

I went ahead and bought all of the cards in Droppp, after comparing to current prices on Ebay and Mercari. I can't bring myself to enter the Facebook environment, although it sounds like from people on this board that there are good opportunities for Funko trades/sales there.....

So I have my grail and royalty set now, waiting for redemption!!!!
Instagram: @suplexrd

:freddy3:

StarWarsFunkoGirl

Postby StarWarsFunkoGirl » Thu May 23, 2024 3:05 pm

AutumnsToyz wrote:I think its hit or miss. There are times after the initial drop and before snapshot where prices are pretty low. If you want something and dont want to gamble on packs, best would be to monitor pricing constantly.

Yep, agree 100%
You need to keep checking prices on both Droppp & AH
https://i.imgur.com/F5eaJ4O.jpg

Started collecting: 2014 | Pop! Star Wars: 758 | Pop! Harry Potter/Fantastic Beast 180 | 290 random pops, minis & pins

E1f4

Postby E1f4 » Thu May 23, 2024 7:41 pm

Richard822 wrote:I would recommend Mercari instead since most things are cheaper on their :freddy2:

I agree on this as well. I gotten a few steals just sending crazy offers sometimes.
:freddy2:

Chenzo157

Postby Chenzo157 » Sun May 26, 2024 2:14 am

E1f4 wrote:
Richard822 wrote:I would recommend Mercari instead since most things are cheaper on their :freddy2:

I agree on this as well. I gotten a few steals just sending crazy offers sometimes.

What sucks now are the fees buyers have to pay now. As a seller I always try to set good prices but I sometimes get asked if I can go lower because the fees make it pricey
Attended:

Fright Night '22
Camp Fundays '23

:freddy1:

Return to “NFT/Digital”