Funko DC Comics NFT - May 05

Funko has entered the world of Non-fungible tokens!
Dsho333

Re: Funko DC Comics NFT - May 05

Postby Dsho333 » Tue Apr 26, 2022 11:29 pm

renardchua wrote:
CaseyJones14 wrote:The breakdown according to the catalog page...

54 Common
39 Uncommon
21 Rare
12 Epic

126 total

Royalty’s piece count is getting higher in total, but at least epics is not that many, but expecting them to have higher average price point.

I'm glad the epics went down, saves like 60 bucks. I think 12 is the sweet spot for big drops. I think with almost 13k more nft prices won't be as high as expected.

scullysdad

Postby scullysdad » Wed Apr 27, 2022 9:29 am

I don't love this Freddy as much as some of the others, but the first appearance Batman this is based on is probably my favorite Batman Pop so it's still a must for me.

I really love the grail Batman and the Eradicator, but I won't hunt them down if I don't pull them. Kyle Rayner is calling my name though...
Please Funko make Taylor Swift Pops!

Most wanted non-Taylor Pops: Carson Teva, Naru from Prey, The Last of Us TV show

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Wed Apr 27, 2022 11:30 am

I’m still debating to invest my money on these. I only like 3 pops from this wave.
Image Image
ImageImage

Dsho333

Postby Dsho333 » Wed Apr 27, 2022 11:48 am

DrunkoPop wrote:I’m still debating to invest my money on these. I only like 3 pops from this wave.

Considering there are only 5 redeemables you can pull from packs, I'd suggest trying to buy some. For 60 bucks, to me, it's worth the risk of getting some rare pops that will definitely be worth over 100. And even if you don't want to open the packs, they typically sell for double right away if the drop sells out, so you can build up some wax to buy something you want or the next drop.

randig

Postby randig » Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:14 pm

Yeah, these are a must, gotta get all the batmans!
Fundays: 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019

ImageImage

PopCollector
HoF 2018 & CotM
HoF 2018 & CotM

Postby PopCollector » Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:19 pm

Charger14 wrote:I'll try for the Kyle Rayner and Eradicator. Not to crazy about another Flash, more Batman and another Freddy Batman. Would of rather had a Freddy as Green Arrow, Hawkman or Bizarro.

Couldn't agree more. I was hoping Freddy as one of the other DC characters like you said Green Arrow or Hawkman. Love the custom ones that Marco who on this board did of all the DC characters as Freddy!
I'm Lewis - "...from Collectors, to Friends, to Family"

ImageImageImage Image ImageImage

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:48 pm

Dsho333 wrote:
Charger14 wrote:I'll try for the Kyle Rayner and Eradicator. Not to crazy about another Flash, more Batman and another Freddy Batman. Would of rather had a Freddy as Green Arrow, Hawkman or Bizarro.

My guess is that there will be a series 2 with all villain redeemables

now this is a great idea and can totally be in the cards. after reading your post i took a look at the drop history and i saw that aside from the promo/mini drops, all other drops carry the distinction of "series 1" with the lone exception being the star trex drop which has "original series" listed. of the previous drops i can totally see a follow up series with all of them except the boss ross series lol not trying to offend any bob ross fans but a series 2 would just be way more that i can handle :D

Valde
HOF 2022 & CotM
HOF 2022 & CotM

Postby Valde » Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:59 pm

PopCollector wrote:

Couldn't agree more. I was hoping Freddy as one of the other DC characters like you said Green Arrow or Hawkman. Love the custom ones that Marco who on this board did of all the DC characters as Freddy!

I feel like they had to have some main stays in the group and next time bring out Joker, Harley and another popular character then add the ones that don’t sell as much. Yes DC fans want those more rarities but Batman brings the boys to the yard, unfortunately.
Grail: Super Freddy
Jason - va1de on Instagram
ImageImageImage

jagpop

Postby jagpop » Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:03 pm

randig wrote:Yeah, these are a must, gotta get all the batmans!

Agreed. This set looks really good. Hopefully we pull a few legendary cards to ease the pain on our wallets.

I am not in danger, I am the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!

Dsho333

Postby Dsho333 » Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:02 pm

mongoose12 wrote:
Dsho333 wrote:

now this is a great idea and can totally be in the cards. after reading your post i took a look at the drop history and i saw that aside from the promo/mini drops, all other drops carry the distinction of "series 1" with the lone exception being the star trex drop which has "original series" listed. of the previous drops i can totally see a follow up series with all of them except the boss ross series lol not trying to offend any bob ross fans but a series 2 would just be way more that i can handle :D

I think they will do the series 2 later in the year if the drops stop selling out. For the villain redeemables I could see joker as the grail, Harley Quinn, bizarro, sinestro and reverse flash for the legendary and Freddy as joker for the royalty

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Wed Apr 27, 2022 5:02 pm

Dsho333 wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:I’m still debating to invest my money on these. I only like 3 pops from this wave.

Considering there are only 5 redeemables you can pull from packs, I'd suggest trying to buy some. For 60 bucks, to me, it's worth the risk of getting some rare pops that will definitely be worth over 100. And even if you don't want to open the packs, they typically sell for double right away if the drop sells out, so you can build up some wax to buy something you want or the next drop.

All fair points. I’m not really feeling that FF Batman and the Batman I want, I would need to complete the mastery. I’ll continue to ponder the idea.
Image Image
ImageImage

Hgmaddhatter

Postby Hgmaddhatter » Wed Apr 27, 2022 5:15 pm

Dsho333 wrote:
mongoose12 wrote:
Dsho333 wrote:

I think they will do the series 2 later in the year if the drops stop selling out. For the villain redeemables I could see joker as the grail, Harley Quinn, bizarro, sinestro and reverse flash for the legendary and Freddy as joker for the royalty

I would like to see Riddler or Penguin Freddy myself lol I definietly think the villain wave would be more of my interests.
Image Image ImageImage

ImranC23

Postby ImranC23 » Wed Apr 27, 2022 5:18 pm

Super excited for this drop, feel like I need all the Batman! Freddy definitely the most though!
ImageImage

Funatic of the Week: March 8th 2019
Instagram:shelfofimran
ISO:Black Cat Prototype, Freddy Funko Boba Fett, Freddy Funko as Venom

Dsho333

Postby Dsho333 » Wed Apr 27, 2022 6:04 pm

DrunkoPop wrote:
Dsho333 wrote:

All fair points. I’m not really feeling that FF Batman and the Batman I want, I would need to complete the mastery. I’ll continue to ponder the idea.

Yeah the mastery is hard to complete if you don't have any wax since you would need to be able to get at least 26 packs just to get enough cards for it. That's why I also suggest people attempt to go in on each drop, even if they don't want that set because you can start building wax up for a drop you really want

PopCollector
HoF 2018 & CotM
HoF 2018 & CotM

Postby PopCollector » Wed Apr 27, 2022 6:45 pm

Valde wrote:
PopCollector wrote:

I feel like they had to have some main stays in the group and next time bring out Joker, Harley and another popular character then add the ones that don’t sell as much. Yes DC fans want those more rarities but Batman brings the boys to the yard, unfortunately.

Yup I hear ya. No complaints about Freddy as Batman! I am sure there will be multiple series.
I'm Lewis - "...from Collectors, to Friends, to Family"

ImageImageImage Image ImageImage

FerrisGuy3

Postby FerrisGuy3 » Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:28 pm

So excited for these NFTs. Would love to eventually be able get the Royalty Freddy.
Hi, I’m Tom. Michigan Based Funatic collecting since 2014

Dsho333

Postby Dsho333 » Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:52 pm

FerrisGuy3 wrote:So excited for these NFTs. Would love to eventually be able get the Royalty Freddy.

Just gotta spend the money, but it will be so worth it!

FerrisGuy3

Postby FerrisGuy3 » Wed Apr 27, 2022 8:33 pm

Dsho333 wrote:
FerrisGuy3 wrote:So excited for these NFTs. Would love to eventually be able get the Royalty Freddy.

Agreed. And fingers crossed for as many different in those initial pack purchases
Hi, I’m Tom. Michigan Based Funatic collecting since 2014

Dsho333

Postby Dsho333 » Wed Apr 27, 2022 8:42 pm

FerrisGuy3 wrote:
Dsho333 wrote:

Agreed. And fingers crossed for as many different in those initial pack purchases

Yeah for sure, I hate getting dupes, unless they are epics or higher

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Wed Apr 27, 2022 8:49 pm

Dsho333 wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:
Dsho333 wrote:

Yeah the mastery is hard to complete if you don't have any wax since you would need to be able to get at least 26 packs just to get enough cards for it. That's why I also suggest people attempt to go in on each drop, even if they don't want that set because you can start building wax up for a drop you really want

Oh that I know. I have 3 different sets completed.
Image Image
ImageImage

Charger14
Hall of Fame Class of 2023
Hall of Fame Class of 2023

Postby Charger14 » Wed Apr 27, 2022 11:14 pm

Dsho333 wrote:
mongoose12 wrote:
Dsho333 wrote:

Joker Freddy has already been done. As for Joker and Harley, to many made already.

Stat32111

Postby Stat32111 » Thu Apr 28, 2022 1:07 am

3 is a lot, I only want the royalty lol
Instagram- calebshiny

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Thu Apr 28, 2022 3:38 am

These are all sweet looking. But looking forward to the Royalty Freddy the most.

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:11 am

Ratattack wrote:These are all sweet looking. But looking forward to the Royalty Freddy the most.

I believe that’s everyone’s favorite.
Image Image
ImageImage

Raypunz

Postby Raypunz » Thu Apr 28, 2022 10:06 am

too hyped for this, havent wanted anything too bad since TMNT, but will need these

ISO:Michael Jordan Dribbling Proto! Run DMC urban vinyl production pieces. Also need, color benny the bull
proto.

Hi I'm Ray.

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Thu Apr 28, 2022 10:42 am

Charger14 wrote:
Dsho333 wrote:
mongoose12 wrote:

Joker Freddy has already been done. As for Joker and Harley, to many made already.

fair point but in this drop alone we're getting 2 batmans that can be redeemed and a batman freddy - after we already have a batman freddy. so i think anything is fair game as it relates to more joker and harleys potentially coming in the future.

TheResidentEvil

Postby TheResidentEvil » Thu Apr 28, 2022 10:52 am

I really wish the packs were cheaper. I went hard on a couple series but it costs so much money and then to not get a physical. I'm on the fence because of price lately.
I collect all things Game of Thrones and many other POP lines.

RicoSabroso

Postby RicoSabroso » Thu Apr 28, 2022 11:55 am

Freddy batman is my wishlist

Dsho333

Postby Dsho333 » Thu Apr 28, 2022 11:56 am

TheResidentEvil wrote:I really wish the packs were cheaper. I went hard on a couple series but it costs so much money and then to not get a physical. I'm on the fence because of price lately.

I think $10 for a pack is fine, just like anything else, you aren't supposed to easily collect everything. If they were to lower the price they would just decrease the odds of getting the redeemables. For me, $60 bucks to have the ability to get multiple $100 plus pops is worth it.

magicalme

Postby magicalme » Thu Apr 28, 2022 12:33 pm

Loving the Freddy Royalty. That is the one I want!! Im only worried about how difficult it will be to complete the set but the challenge is half the fun. Im still trying to complete my Scooby royalty lol
http://www.instagram.com/magicalme359

GRAIL ISO:
OG Cereal Monsters

hpellot

Postby hpellot » Thu Apr 28, 2022 3:27 pm

I love all of these but the freddy is the best
ImageImageImage

Some people call me the orange hoodie

ISO funko Force creature from black lagoon chase Glow in the dark

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:09 pm

DrunkoPop wrote:
Ratattack wrote:These are all sweet looking. But looking forward to the Royalty Freddy the most.

If the other redeemables where GITD, metallic, Blacklight or some special kind of variant, they would have been more appealing to me. If I get any though, no complaints lol

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:11 pm

Raypunz wrote:too hyped for this, havent wanted anything too bad since TMNT, but will need these

I think we are all there with you. Although for me, I haven’t wanted an NFT more since the Freddy drop. \:D/

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:15 pm

TheResidentEvil wrote:I really wish the packs were cheaper. I went hard on a couple series but it costs so much money and then to not get a physical. I'm on the fence because of price lately.

This were my thoughts exactly. That quickly changed after seeing how much more expensive it was to get them in the after market.

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Thu Apr 28, 2022 9:47 pm

Ratattack wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:

If the other redeemables where GITD, metallic, Blacklight or some special kind of variant, they would have been more appealing to me. If I get any though, no complaints lol

A FLASH Black light would have been sick!!!
Image Image
ImageImage

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Thu Apr 28, 2022 10:26 pm

DrunkoPop wrote:
Ratattack wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:

A FLASH Black light would have been sick!!!

A glow Green Lantern would have also. Maybe for round 2. \:D/

Dsho333

Postby Dsho333 » Thu Apr 28, 2022 10:55 pm

I know this will be alot of people's first drop so I decided to see an estimate cost for the royalty for DC.
I'll be tracking my purchases to see how it adds up after the drop.
These are based on Scooby Doo as that is the newest set.
I do know the uncommon were actually more rare than the rare ones so I've adjusted the number for rare being more rare.
Good luck to you if this is your first drop!

Epic - 12
Estimate - $216 ($18 per)

Rare - 21
Estimate - $21 ($1 per)

Uncommon - 39
Estimate - $30 ($.75 per)

Common - 54
Estimate - $8 ($.15 per)

Totals
Estimate - $275

AutumnsToyz

Postby AutumnsToyz » Fri Apr 29, 2022 3:02 am

Ratattack wrote:
Raypunz wrote:too hyped for this, havent wanted anything too bad since TMNT, but will need these

I think we are all there with you. Although for me, I haven’t wanted an NFT more since the Freddy drop. \:D/

I went hard after the Freddy drop. Ended up with 3 Royalties, 2 of each Legendaries and a Grail. My wallet still hasnt forgiven me for that one, or my wife.

Hi, I'm Jimmy (Formerly CalPolyIdiot)

IG: AutumnsToyz
Twitter: AutumnsToyz
Twitch: twitch.tv/autumnstoyz
DP Wallet: AutumnToy.dp
Wax Wallet 5w3rg.wam

Total Pops: I lost count after 1000
ISO: Freddy Funko's and Disney
My collection: https://www.hobbydb.com/marketplaces/po ... diot?order

ImageImageImage

AutumnsToyz

Postby AutumnsToyz » Fri Apr 29, 2022 3:06 am

Dsho333 wrote:I know this will be alot of people's first drop so I decided to see an estimate cost for the royalty for DC.
I'll be tracking my purchases to see how it adds up after the drop.
These are based on Scooby Doo as that is the newest set.
I do know the uncommon were actually more rare than the rare ones so I've adjusted the number for rare being more rare.
Good luck to you if this is your first drop!

Epic - 12
Estimate - $216 ($18 per)

Rare - 21
Estimate - $21 ($1 per)

Uncommon - 39
Estimate - $30 ($.75 per)

Common - 54
Estimate - $8 ($.15 per)

Totals
Estimate - $275

You can also look at estimated prices on PopinStock's Tracker and right now the last two sets are averaging around $275 for Transformers and $397 for Scooby.

Hi, I'm Jimmy (Formerly CalPolyIdiot)

IG: AutumnsToyz
Twitter: AutumnsToyz
Twitch: twitch.tv/autumnstoyz
DP Wallet: AutumnToy.dp
Wax Wallet 5w3rg.wam

Total Pops: I lost count after 1000
ISO: Freddy Funko's and Disney
My collection: https://www.hobbydb.com/marketplaces/po ... diot?order

ImageImageImage

digithor

Postby digithor » Fri Apr 29, 2022 3:23 am

If you have/can get wax and watch the marketplace, you can get the royalty for what could be less than spending on packs and missing out on it. Of course either way is not really cheap.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “NFT/Digital”