Funko Digital Pops - NFT

Funko has entered the world of Non-fungible tokens!
CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Re: Funko Digital Pops - NFT

Postby CaseyJones14 » Sat Oct 02, 2021 12:00 pm

I think the best route is a combination of buying packs and then getting what you are missing on the secondary market. For Big Boy and Iron Maiden cards were so cheap on the secondary market it was probably cheaper to just buy after the fact, but then you are missing out on the opportunity to pull a Legendary or Grail. TMNT on the other hand has held value and buying packs was probably a cheaper option. We’ll see what happens the next time we get a big license.
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

ComicsZombie

Postby ComicsZombie » Sat Oct 02, 2021 12:02 pm

I lost money in an ETH transfer that never completed. :( Pretty unhappy with buying wax. Like *poof* it's gone. I don't know where it went. The whole amount.

I only need the 3 non Freddy epics and one rare to complete mastery for the Iron Maiden set. T.T
#BeastBoyShrine
ISO: >> \:D/ Any Beast Boy Proto (in White and color), & My Hero Academia Protos <<

IG: ComicsZombie
TW: @ComicsZombie
Tumblr: TheComicsZombie
YT: ComicsZombie

digithor

Postby digithor » Sun Oct 03, 2021 3:20 am

ComicsZombie wrote:I lost money in an ETH transfer that never completed. :( Pretty unhappy with buying wax. Like *poof* it's gone. I don't know where it went. The whole amount.

I only need the 3 non Freddy epics and one rare to complete mastery for the Iron Maiden set. T.T

How does a transfer not complete though? That just seems like it shouldn't happen.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

popsim089

Postby popsim089 » Sun Oct 03, 2021 3:35 am

CaseyJones14 wrote:I think the best route is a combination of buying packs and then getting what you are missing on the secondary market. For Big Boy and Iron Maiden cards were so cheap on the secondary market it was probably cheaper to just buy after the fact, but then you are missing out on the opportunity to pull a Legendary or Grail. TMNT on the other hand has held value and buying packs was probably a cheaper option. We’ll see what happens the next time we get a big license.

I bought a lot of packs of TMNT when they dropped, and without that I think it would have cost me a fortune to complete the set. I also managed to pull several legendary's so selling those and keeping just one of each for myself.
I actually managed to profit off the set and now have 1 redeemable big boy and iron maiden that cost me nothing because the prices of the latter two have definitely not remained as high as as TMNT.

I think if the right set comes along there is potential for the prices to remain high as they can be valuable to some people for nostalgia etc, but for the. most part after redemption day the desirability will taper off for each set.
Currently: 320 Funko Pops
Disney Villains
My Hero Academia
Alice in Wonderland
Harry Potter

:freddy3:

Ginzo1622

Postby Ginzo1622 » Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:42 am

popsim089 wrote:
CaseyJones14 wrote:I think the best route is a combination of buying packs and then getting what you are missing on the secondary market. For Big Boy and Iron Maiden cards were so cheap on the secondary market it was probably cheaper to just buy after the fact, but then you are missing out on the opportunity to pull a Legendary or Grail. TMNT on the other hand has held value and buying packs was probably a cheaper option. We’ll see what happens the next time we get a big license.

I bought a lot of packs of TMNT when they dropped, and without that I think it would have cost me a fortune to complete the set. I also managed to pull several legendary's so selling those and keeping just one of each for myself.
I actually managed to profit off the set and now have 1 redeemable big boy and iron maiden that cost me nothing because the prices of the latter two have definitely not remained as high as as TMNT.

I think if the right set comes along there is potential for the prices to remain high as they can be valuable to some people for nostalgia etc, but for the. most part after redemption day the desirability will taper off for each set.

Yup from TMNT set I got the mastery for all set. I still believe the Big Boy and Iron Maiden is super under valued. Which is good for collectors
Fundays 2022 - Proto Robots
Fright Night 2022
Fundays 2023 - Protomoa Wolves

Don't stand in my way!!!

:whdat:

RedRoo

Postby RedRoo » Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:54 pm

the only reason why TMNT is so high valued is because around 60%+ of the stock was brought by like 3 guys. they basically controlled the majority of the market.
~Guy
TEAM BACON!
"With blood and rage of crimson red,

Ripped from a corpse so freshly dead,

Together with our hellish hate,

We'll burn you all--that is your fate!"

ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

digithor

Postby digithor » Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:02 am

RedRoo wrote:the only reason why TMNT is so high valued is because around 60%+ of the stock was brought by like 3 guys. they basically controlled the majority of the market.

That's interesting, kind of makes me want to look at the sales history and see how much of those are actually selling or if they are just at a stagnant level.
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
ImageImageImageImage

ComicsZombie

Postby ComicsZombie » Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:46 am

digithor wrote:
ComicsZombie wrote:I lost money in an ETH transfer that never completed. :( Pretty unhappy with buying wax. Like *poof* it's gone. I don't know where it went. The whole amount.

How does a transfer not complete though? That just seems like it shouldn't happen.

It looks like it was under the minimum and is basically in limbo until I send more. Which is bs and I don’t want to do
#BeastBoyShrine
ISO: >> \:D/ Any Beast Boy Proto (in White and color), & My Hero Academia Protos <<

philipali

Postby philipali » Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:09 am

digithor wrote:
RedRoo wrote:the only reason why TMNT is so high valued is because around 60%+ of the stock was brought by like 3 guys. they basically controlled the majority of the market.

That's interesting, kind of makes me want to look at the sales history and see how much of those are actually selling or if they are just at a stagnant level.

Yup.. That's WAX... lol.. just poorly executed
ImageImageImage
Image ImageImage

scullysdad

Postby scullysdad » Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:12 am

There are still some people on the Discord convinced that those people are Funko Insiders lol
Please Funko make Taylor Swift Pops!

Most wanted non-Taylor Pops: Carson Teva, Naru from Prey, The Last of Us TV show

philipali

Postby philipali » Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:22 am

scullysdad wrote:

There are still some people on the Discord convinced that those people are Funko Insiders lol

hahaha! regardless if they are insiders or not... this is just poorly executed with the same people getting the NFTs and buying multiples... the amount limit is becoming a joke lol
ImageImageImage
Image ImageImage

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:36 am

philipali wrote:hahaha! regardless if they are insiders or not... this is just poorly executed with the same people getting the NFTs and buying multiples... the amount limit is becoming a joke lol

The only issue they've had is the back button glitch where people were able to keep buying. Other than that it has been pretty fair. I haven't seen too many people complain and almost all my friends have got in for every drop.

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:42 am

The Big Boy and Iron Maiden drop seemed easier to cop than the entire TMNT fiasco LOL!

millone

Postby millone » Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:00 pm

philipali wrote:
scullysdad wrote:

hahaha! regardless if they are insiders or not... this is just poorly executed with the same people getting the NFTs and buying multiples... the amount limit is becoming a joke lol

I missed this sale but it sounds like might be a blessing in disguise. This sounds horrible

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:26 pm

millone wrote:
philipali wrote:
scullysdad wrote:

I missed this sale but it sounds like might be a blessing in disguise. This sounds horrible

The large purchases from a few individuals was on the secondary market. The initial drop and being able to get the NFT's you need for the set are not as bad as people are making it sound.

wolfy233

Postby wolfy233 » Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:40 pm

millone wrote:
philipali wrote:
scullysdad wrote:

It really is a blessing. It's not worth it at all for most people that I've talked to.

philipali

Postby philipali » Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:59 pm

It really depends here on what your fandom is.. Like for me never got lucky with any pack but looking to complete the big boy set... I got tipped here that prices are relatively low on those right now so you can easily complete them...
ImageImageImage
Image ImageImage

Greymom

Postby Greymom » Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:25 pm

I don't understand the attraction of NFTs. It's been explained to me a few times, and for some reason I can't (or choose not to) retain the info. I sometimes get frustrated with myself. Lol!

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:31 pm

Greymom wrote:I don't understand the attraction of NFTs. It's been explained to me a few times, and for some reason I can't (or choose not to) retain the info. I sometimes get frustrated with myself. Lol!

Most people are just in it for the redeemable Pops. I only know a handful of people who really care about the NFTs and are just doing it so they can get the physical Pops later on.

RedRoo

Postby RedRoo » Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:51 pm

CaseyJones14 wrote:
Greymom wrote:I don't understand the attraction of NFTs. It's been explained to me a few times, and for some reason I can't (or choose not to) retain the info. I sometimes get frustrated with myself. Lol!

Most people are just in it for the redeemable Pops. I only know a handful of people who really care about the NFTs and are just doing it so they can get the physical Pops later on.

agreed, i would say most pop collectors are only in it for the physicals and there will be a smaller amount in it for the NFT aspect.
~Guy
TEAM BACON!

ImageImage

digithor

Postby digithor » Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:17 pm

ComicsZombie wrote:
digithor wrote:

It looks like it was under the minimum and is basically in limbo until I send more. Which is bs and I don’t want to do

That sounds rather silly, wasn't aware of that before. Good to know now though for the future.
ImageImageImageImage

ComicsZombie

Postby ComicsZombie » Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:14 am

digithor wrote:
ComicsZombie wrote:
digithor wrote:

That sounds rather silly, wasn't aware of that before. Good to know now though for the future.

Best bet is to use simplex if you can.
#BeastBoyShrine

Ginzo1622

Postby Ginzo1622 » Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:53 am

ComicsZombie wrote:
digithor wrote:
ComicsZombie wrote:

Simplex is not allowed in NY THOUGH
Fright Night 2022

Don't stand in my way!!!

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:39 am

RedRoo wrote:
CaseyJones14 wrote:

agreed, i would say most pop collectors are only in it for the physicals and there will be a smaller amount in it for the NFT aspect.

I mean, there needs to be an ENDGAME, right? LOL

gokou105
Hall of Fame Class of 2022
Hall of Fame Class of 2022

Postby gokou105 » Tue Oct 05, 2021 1:22 pm

nascar246788 wrote:
gokou105 wrote:Packs are pretty close to retail...that's better than the TMNT packs.

I feel like TMNT will hold their value until December. TMNT has such a big following.

I agree, so far TMNT seems like the more popular NFT and I feel like it's more mainstream than the other 2.
Calvin

wash2366

Postby wash2366 » Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:15 am

rexflexall wrote:
RedRoo wrote:
CaseyJones14 wrote:

The best way to explain all this is this... If you're into Cryptocurrency, you'll be into NFTs. If youre a Funatic that doesn't invest or trade cryptocurrency, you'll be a slow adopter. No judgement at all.

My best advice as someone who collects NFTs and invests in cryptocurrency...and a Funatic. KEEP YOUR NFTs. Collect now and understand later.

The future will come fast. You'll thank me later. Once our community figures out NFTs these early series will be costly to collect as most us are addicts and some of us are completionist.

:)
Name: David / Pop count: 733 / Vynals: 4/ Dorbz: 10 / Soda: 4 / Mystery Minis: 12
Collection: https://www.hobbydb.com/marketplaces/po ... s/wash2366

ImageImageImage

aprilyoufools

Postby aprilyoufools » Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:31 am

wash2366 wrote:
rexflexall wrote:
RedRoo wrote:

The best way to explain all this is this... If you're into Cryptocurrency, you'll be into NFTs. If youre a Funatic that doesn't invest or trade cryptocurrency, you'll be a slow adopter. No judgement at all.

My best advice as someone who collects NFTs and invests in cryptocurrency...and a Funatic. KEEP YOUR NFTs. Collect now and understand later.

The future will come fast. You'll thank me later. Once our community figures out NFTs these early series will be costly to collect as most us are addicts and some of us are completionist.

I completely agree with this take. Funko getting into NFTs was inevitable.
The sooner that Funatics do their research about cryptocurrency and NFTs, then you'll be prepared whenever Funko has that NFT release of something you collect and is a must-have for your collection.
she/they • ARMY | MOA

digithor

Postby digithor » Wed Oct 06, 2021 1:16 am

ComicsZombie wrote:
digithor wrote:
ComicsZombie wrote:

I'll have a look at that, I done that route yet. I know some have restrictions for regions though. Will need to see what all is available for me.
ImageImageImageImage

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Wed Oct 06, 2021 2:01 am

wash2366 wrote:
rexflexall wrote:
RedRoo wrote:

I regretted when I got in a little late as I didn't have wax ready for TMNT seconday market at initial drop when it was cheaper. I am going to be super selective in this as I am not into cryptocurrency. I see it as a means to get something cool ie the freddy. I am excited to see what other licenses come out.
Collecting since 2014

aprilyoufools

Postby aprilyoufools » Wed Oct 06, 2021 3:01 am

nascar246788 wrote:
wash2366 wrote:
rexflexall wrote:

I regretted when I got in a little late as I didn't have wax ready for TMNT seconday market at initial drop when it was cheaper. I am going to be super selective in this as I am not into cryptocurrency. I see it as a means to get something cool ie the freddy. I am excited to see what other licenses come out.

Same, I'm really excited for future releases. I wasn't excited about Big Boy or Iron Maiden but the burger legendary NFT for the physical Pop! was so cute, the art for the Iron Maiden NFTs was the best yet IMO, and the Iron Maiden Freddy is amazing.
she/they • ARMY | MOA

Ginzo1622

Postby Ginzo1622 » Wed Oct 06, 2021 6:56 am

aprilyoufools wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:
wash2366 wrote:

Same, I'm really excited for future releases. I wasn't excited about Big Boy or Iron Maiden but the burger legendary NFT for the physical Pop! was so cute, the art for the Iron Maiden NFTs was the best yet IMO, and the Iron Maiden Freddy is amazing.

I agree, hopefully we get better art this month, it could be horror
Fright Night 2022

Don't stand in my way!!!

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:02 am

aprilyoufools wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:
wash2366 wrote:

I do have some crypto, and do understand the process of buying Funko NFTs as I was initially going for the TMNT packs. Suppose I'll keep trying once I find another line I really like!

RedRoo

Postby RedRoo » Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:59 pm

I was able to snap up the ironM legendary for 50 so im set complete for this one!......dam leo keeps taunting me XD
~Guy
TEAM BACON!

ImageImage

digithor

Postby digithor » Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:07 am

aprilyoufools wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:
wash2366 wrote:

Definitely more impressed with the artwork on iron maidens nfts than the previous two. That Freddy looks pretty sweet, my favorite so far from the glams.
ImageImageImageImage

rexflexall

Postby rexflexall » Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:44 am

The Iron Maiden line was a nice surprise!

digithor

Postby digithor » Sun Oct 10, 2021 2:38 am

Some pack prices are slowly coming down, might be time to test some luck out again while waiting for the next release.
ImageImageImageImage

SpaceDude
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby SpaceDude » Sun Oct 10, 2021 2:39 am

digithor wrote:Some pack prices are slowly coming down, might be time to test some luck out again while waiting for the next release.

I am curious what the next release will be it's so hard to know?
Tate/SpaceDude's Pop Vault :freddy3:
2020 Rookie of the Year
Instagram: spacedudespopvault
Facebook: Tate McCarty
Colorado Funatic

digithor

Postby digithor » Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:34 am

SpaceDude wrote:
digithor wrote:Some pack prices are slowly coming down, might be time to test some luck out again while waiting for the next release.

Gotta be halloween themed, maybe from the movie? Or is that just too obvious? If it wasn't something like myers, jason, kruger, the obvious horror halloween characters then I might be a little sad. Although I suppose they could also do Universal Monsters.
ImageImageImageImage

SpaceDude
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby SpaceDude » Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:32 am

digithor wrote:
SpaceDude wrote:

Gotta be halloween themed, maybe from the movie? Or is that just too obvious? If it wasn't something like myers, jason, kruger, the obvious horror halloween characters then I might be a little sad. Although I suppose they could also do Universal Monsters.

That is what I was thinking as well! Universal Monsters would be awesome!! \:D/
Tate/SpaceDude's Pop Vault :freddy3:
2020 Rookie of the Year
Instagram: spacedudespopvault
Facebook: Tate McCarty
Colorado Funatic

RedRoo

Postby RedRoo » Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:52 am

as much as classic horror is mint im praying for some NBFC. Like i doubt it because disney but ya never know.
~Guy
TEAM BACON!

ImageImage

Return to “NFT/Digital”