Funko Digital Pops - NFT

Funko has entered the world of Non-fungible tokens!
Jade-Rex

Re: Funko Digital Pops - NFT

Postby Jade-Rex » Sun Jul 24, 2022 1:09 am

willowbard wrote:
Jade-Rex wrote:I haven't been into NFTs for various reasons, but could someone let me know the general price range for getting a redeemable Freddy? I know you have to buy some packs and then do trading/selling to complete for a chance. I'm just curious if it's actually attainable for my budget. Thanks!

$250 is a safe bet. It also depends on the set and its popularity. Like for My Little Pony you wouldn't need near that but for DC $250 would be the minimun. popinstock has a tracker on their website where you can see how much it costs to collect the set. And other info. It's a really helpful site

Oh thanks! I'll definitely check it out!
Pop count: 300+ (lost count lol)
Dream Pop: Fantasy Barbarian Bakugo
ISO: Bakugo Proto, Picklez and Chester holo cards
Lines I Miss: Wetmore Forest, Boo Hollow

digithor

Postby digithor » Sun Jul 24, 2022 4:05 am

Dsho333 wrote:
Jade-Rex wrote:I haven't been into NFTs for various reasons, but could someone let me know the general price range for getting a redeemable Freddy? I know you have to buy some packs and then do trading/selling to complete for a chance. I'm just curious if it's actually attainable for my budget. Thanks!

I'd say $250 straight up with no packs will get you any set. The reason you want to have packs is so you have a chance at redeemables.

That price is usually a decent amount, just don't wait till months after when it gets closer to redemption. Also depending if it is a larger epic number set or not.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

BadEugoogolizer

Postby BadEugoogolizer » Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:10 pm

Welp, I did it. I paid real money for fake money so I could pay fake money to own a .gif that I was able to redeem for a real Freddy Funko figure. I would've been able to resist if there were no Optimus Prime, but I can't just have three Optimus and zero Bumblebee.
Or did you think I'd be too stupid to know what a eugoogoly was?

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:19 pm

BadEugoogolizer wrote:Welp, I did it. I paid real money for fake money so I could pay fake money to own a .gif that I was able to redeem for a real Freddy Funko figure. I would've been able to resist if there were no Optimus Prime, but I can't just have three Optimus and zero Bumblebee.

Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

BadEugoogolizer

Postby BadEugoogolizer » Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:28 pm

CaseyJones14 wrote:
BadEugoogolizer wrote:Welp, I did it. I paid real money for fake money so I could pay fake money to own a .gif that I was able to redeem for a real Freddy Funko figure. I would've been able to resist if there were no Optimus Prime, but I can't just have three Optimus and zero Bumblebee.

From my perspective, Optimus Prime Freddy was the bait and I chomped down hard.

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:39 pm

BadEugoogolizer wrote:

Glad you were able to get the Bumblebee Freddy to complete the set! I’m not huge on the NFT’s either, but do love me some Freddy’s.
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

BadEugoogolizer

Postby BadEugoogolizer » Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:44 pm

CaseyJones14 wrote:
BadEugoogolizer wrote:

Glad you were able to get the Bumblebee Freddy to complete the set! I’m not huge on the NFT’s either, but do love me some Freddy’s.

Thanks :D Same here. Now I gotta work on Hanna Barbera for that Space Ghost

AlwaysLost

Postby AlwaysLost » Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:45 pm

It always feels impossible trying to land those packs at retail. I’ve had to trade for so much smh but it’s worth it for some of those redeemables.
Have a fun day! :freddy3:

Boszdrew

Postby Boszdrew » Sat Jul 30, 2022 1:01 am

willowbard wrote:
Boszdrew wrote:
willowbard wrote:
I'm excited for Star Trek. I went a little ham on that set and got pretty lucky with the redeemable pulls too.

same here, i really hope they do the shipping right this time..

I was one of the lucky ones regarding the Halloween set shipping. Got what I redeemed in good time and good shape. I hope you get yours soon.

Thanks. I know i’ll get them it just sucks that i have to wait more months to get them sad
Collecting Funko : 2018
SDCC : 2018, 2023
Wondercon 2018, 2019

Image Image

Rick_Morty46

Postby Rick_Morty46 » Mon Aug 01, 2022 12:00 am

willowbard wrote:
Boszdrew wrote:
willowbard wrote:
I'm excited for Star Trek. I went a little ham on that set and got pretty lucky with the redeemable pulls too.

same here, i really hope they do the shipping right this time..

I was one of the lucky ones regarding the Halloween set shipping. Got what I redeemed in good time and good shape. I hope you get yours soon.

Anyone know when the star trek ships out ( pardon the pun). It seems to be taking a while.

Rick_Morty46

Postby Rick_Morty46 » Mon Aug 01, 2022 12:11 am

CoolNerd wrote:
Justsonice25 wrote:I hate that I missed on the Halloween Freddy drop because at the time I didn't understand hot the NFT's worked, but then I figured it out on the DC drop and realized it's too late to get in on the Vampire Freddy & Skeleton Pop and mummy soda. Ugh!

Me too u r not alone ....I gotta confess that Im too lazy to learn what's NFT but really love the physical pops...when I realised the NFT physical pops get so ex, I got no choice but start learning them from a fellow collector and Im same like u...starting from DC NFT.

You just need to learn a few basic things. It actually got allot easier then the beginning. At the start you had to learn how to transfer redemptions from your wallet to the drop. Now everything is in the drop. You also had to download the token app if you wanted to know which cards you needed. Now that's in the drop too.

gastlecast

Postby gastlecast » Mon Aug 01, 2022 12:09 pm

I have been saying for a while that the education needs to improve a bit for NFTs. I think the lack of understanding and knowledge is where the hate and discontent comes from and we see a lot of it in the form of comments on our content. We made a tutorial to help people and we've received a lot of great feedback but we're tiny and our reach isn't that great. Hoping that Funko can put out some videos or something to help folks get on board.
One half of the Gastlecast YouTube Channel
www.youtube.com/gastlecast
instagram: @gastlecast
twitter: @gastlecast
email: gastlecast@gmail.com

Dsho333

Postby Dsho333 » Mon Aug 01, 2022 12:33 pm

gastlecast wrote:I have been saying for a while that the education needs to improve a bit for NFTs. I think the lack of understanding and knowledge is where the hate and discontent comes from and we see a lot of it in the form of comments on our content. We made a tutorial to help people and we've received a lot of great feedback but we're tiny and our reach isn't that great. Hoping that Funko can put out some videos or something to help folks get on board.

I don't think it's a lack of knowledge about nfts where the hate is coming from, it's that people don't want to gamble to get new characters that could've been common releases. ( Yes you can use the atomichub marketplace to just buy them but even that is much more expensive than a con pop/store exclusive. People want accessibility. Also people will complain that everything is too common and gets restocks, so there is no winning.) I don't agree, I like the more limited pops and that you really have to work hard to get them. I've missed that thrill from regular releases because everything is just a preorder nowadays.

yamster8888

Postby yamster8888 » Mon Aug 01, 2022 1:17 pm

I can hardly believe its been a year of Funko NFT Drops and almost the end of Series 1 I would guess as well?

willowbard

Postby willowbard » Mon Aug 01, 2022 4:40 pm

yamster8888 wrote:I can hardly believe its been a year of Funko NFT Drops and almost the end of Series 1 I would guess as well?

Will be a year on the 3rd. I only know because they released the very first set on my birthday!

willowbard

Postby willowbard » Mon Aug 01, 2022 4:42 pm

yamster8888 wrote:I can hardly believe its been a year of Funko NFT Drops and almost the end of Series 1 I would guess as well?

Just read the second part about series 1. Every year being a separate series sounds right. I wonder what, if any, series 1 sets would receive a series 2 in the coming year if that's the case?

Dsho333

Postby Dsho333 » Mon Aug 01, 2022 5:40 pm

willowbard wrote:

Just read the second part about series 1. Every year being a separate series sounds right. I wonder what, if any, series 1 sets would receive a series 2 in the coming year if that's the case?

It won't have anything to do with the year, when the set gets another release it will become series 2.

willowbard

Postby willowbard » Mon Aug 01, 2022 5:48 pm

Dsho333 wrote:
willowbard wrote:

It won't have anything to do with the year, when the set gets another release it will become series 2.

Oh, I understand that, thanks. Was just wondering if they'll do any of the series 2 ones since we're coming up to another year of nft releases. Would be interesting if they did.

Dsho333

Postby Dsho333 » Mon Aug 01, 2022 6:10 pm

willowbard wrote:
Dsho333 wrote:
willowbard wrote:

Oh, I understand that, thanks. Was just wondering if they'll do any of the series 2 ones since we're coming up to another year of nft releases. Would be interesting if they did.

I think it will depend on what physical pops they are able to make or have licencing for. TMNT didn't have any new characters, besides the Freddy. I could see them doing one that has more villains that have never been made. I personally think the redeemables should be new characters, although lots of people don't like that as they don't want to have to over pay/ gamble to get a complete set. I'd also like more sodas.

scullysdad

Postby scullysdad » Sat Aug 13, 2022 5:30 pm

Gonna cross post these in the Dance Hall, but got my Star Trek physicals this week (as always, I am not a good photographer). I am officially out of armor now, gonna have to order more before Bob Ross ships.

Please Funko make Taylor Swift Pops!

Most wanted non-Taylor Pops: Carson Teva, Naru from Prey, The Last of Us TV show

TheNeck

Postby TheNeck » Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:05 pm

scullysdad wrote:Gonna cross post these in the Dance Hall, but got my Star Trek physicals this week (as always, I am not a good photographer). I am officially out of armor now, gonna have to order more before Bob Ross ships.

Congrats

they look amazing, i just got 3 of them myself today too. I still need Spock and Scotty.

I too am out of armor protectors. i need to order some soon as well.
Call me Roger(Rog) https://www.instagram.com/thenecks_funkos/
Funklub #4453
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

dzinction

Postby dzinction » Sun Aug 14, 2022 4:57 pm

scullysdad wrote:Gonna cross post these in the Dance Hall, but got my Star Trek physicals this week (as always, I am not a good photographer). I am officially out of armor now, gonna have to order more before Bob Ross ships.

Wow those look amazing! I am really jealous of those!

AnyGivenFunko

Postby AnyGivenFunko » Sun Aug 14, 2022 7:09 pm

These Star Trek NFTs redeemable came out great!
Dennis
IG: AnyGivenFunko

Funko Events: "17, "22, and "23 Fundays, "Making Fun" Hollywood Premiere, Irvine Spectrum PEZ event, Funko Hollywood Grand Opening, FDO8, FDO9, FunKon Hollywood, "22 & "23 Mask-O-raid, Fright Night II, Bob's Big Boy

conventiongeek

Postby conventiongeek » Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:28 am

Good choice and use of the armor... I have to get some.

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:22 pm

i dont know why some have knocked the black light star trek merch, while the show isn't something i was a fan of, i do believe the pops look great. i regret not making the effort to secure the freddy.

scullysdad

Postby scullysdad » Tue Aug 23, 2022 3:11 pm

Just got my shipping notice for the Bob Ross Pops - I had both legendary and the royalty.

Most wanted non-Taylor Pops: Carson Teva, Naru from Prey, The Last of Us TV show

Jaxnole07

Postby Jaxnole07 » Tue Aug 23, 2022 4:47 pm

[quote="scullysdad"]Just got my shipping notice for the Bob Ross Pops - I had both legendary and the royalty.[/quote]
Mine shipped as well. Gonna be a while being all the way over here in FL, lol. I got 2 royalties and a Legendary.

scullysdad

Postby scullysdad » Wed Aug 31, 2022 9:27 pm

My Bob Ross Legendaries and royalty Freddy arrived today. The DIY paint splatter motif of the Legendaries isn't my favorite, but the Freddy is good stuff. As soon as pictures work here on board again I will post photos in the Dance Hall.

Ginzo1622

Postby Ginzo1622 » Thu Sep 01, 2022 7:56 am

scullysdad wrote:My Bob Ross Legendaries and royalty Freddy arrived today. The DIY paint splatter motif of the Legendaries isn't my favorite, but the Freddy is good stuff. As soon as pictures work here on board again I will post photos in the Dance Hall.

Yeah that Freddy looks good I think it's better than the star trek Freddy to be honest
Fundays 2022 - Proto Robots
Fright Night 2022
Fundays 2023 - Protomoa Wolves

Don't stand in my way!!!

:whdat:

obudu

Postby obudu » Fri Sep 02, 2022 1:03 am

Everyone, quick reminder. Snapshot for DC redeemables starting tomorrow at 11 AM PST. Make sure you have your complete Royalty sets in wallet.

digithor

Postby digithor » Fri Sep 02, 2022 2:15 am

That time again for tokens.
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
ImageImageImageImage

Ginzo1622

Postby Ginzo1622 » Fri Sep 02, 2022 7:04 am

digithor wrote:That time again for tokens.

Yeah time to buy my missing ones
Fundays 2022 - Proto Robots
Fright Night 2022
Fundays 2023 - Protomoa Wolves

Don't stand in my way!!!

:whdat:

muscleheadfunkopop

Postby muscleheadfunkopop » Fri Sep 02, 2022 3:36 pm

I really dig the look of these pops. I was able to score a Spock, but now I'm on the search for the Freddy.
Funko Funatic Shoutouts! #9
Fundays 2014◇2015◇2016◇2017◇2018◇2019◇2021V◇2022◇2023
FDO6 SF◇FDO7 Sackanda & LA◇FDO8 SF◇FDO9 Sackanda
Fright Night◇HQ Grand Opening◇Making Fun Movie Premiere◇FunKon Hollywood◇Fright Night II

Instagram: @muscleheadfunkopop #SODAWasted
Facebook: Iz Salazar

Geescube
HoF 2016 & CotM
HoF 2016 & CotM

Postby Geescube » Sat Sep 03, 2022 2:09 am

Yay redeemed my Flash!

digithor

Postby digithor » Sat Sep 03, 2022 3:55 am

That freddy star trek looks good.
ImageImageImageImage

Trendkill24hr

Postby Trendkill24hr » Mon Sep 05, 2022 10:56 pm

mongoose12 wrote:i dont know why some have knocked the black light star trek merch, while the show isn't something i was a fan of, i do believe the pops look great. i regret not making the effort to secure the freddy.

The Freddy is cool, I’m glad I have him atleast
"Being a geek means never having to play it cool about how much you like something" Simon Pegg

Call me C.J. :)
Events: Fundays 2022 & 2023, Fright Night 2022, FDO9
Collection: 372 pieces as of 03/25/24
ISO Proto: Paka Paka Dragon

M37R01D

Postby M37R01D » Fri Sep 09, 2022 9:50 am

So looney tunes is next, according to twitter/fb?

Admin of - Funko NFT Collectors BST, Funko Paka Paka & Snapsies BSTC & Funko Mystery Minis Hunt BSTC on FB

willy wonka
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby willy wonka » Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:18 am

Well if the next one is Looney tunes I will have to go hard on that one.
Just call me Joe...

ImageImage
ISO: Freddy Mad Hatter LE 1/24, Mad Hatter Protos,
SDCC 4 Pack Dorbz(Found thanks to another Funatic)

M37R01D

Postby M37R01D » Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:33 am

willy wonka wrote:Well if the next one is Looney tunes I will have to go hard on that one.

Im not 100% but thats what twitter and the kids in my fb nft group seem to think

Admin of - Funko NFT Collectors BST, Funko Paka Paka & Snapsies BSTC & Funko Mystery Minis Hunt BSTC on FB

willy wonka
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby willy wonka » Fri Sep 09, 2022 11:29 am

M37R01D wrote:
willy wonka wrote:Well if the next one is Looney tunes I will have to go hard on that one.

Im not 100% but thats what twitter and the kids in my fb nft group seem to think

its official now!
Just call me Joe...

ImageImage
ISO: Freddy Mad Hatter LE 1/24, Mad Hatter Protos,
SDCC 4 Pack Dorbz(Found thanks to another Funatic)

Return to “NFT/Digital”