Funko Digital Pops - NFT

Funko has entered the world of Non-fungible tokens!
scullysdad

Re: Funko Digital Pops - NFT

Postby scullysdad » Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:25 pm

NCDS wrote:
Rice71 wrote:
NCDS wrote:I received my two Halloween NFT pops today but my mummy soda wasn't in the box :(

I emailed Droppp, hoping I can get my Mummy Soda.

Did they completely forgot to put the soda in or swapped it with one of the pops.

Someone told me that they sent others the wrong items. Sounds like they are going to have a mess on their hands. I hope that mishap doesn't prevent me from getting my soda.

My package arrives tomorrow. I should have one of each but I am a little nervous that I will be missing something. :eek:
Please Funko make Taylor Swift Pops!

Most wanted non-Taylor Pops: Carson Teva, Naru from Prey, The Last of Us TV show

Optimistic

Postby Optimistic » Thu Jul 07, 2022 12:00 am

Dsho333 wrote:Freddy's almost always sell for more. The problem with the price "settling" is that once most people buy them, they are in their forever homes and won't be resold anytime soon, so as the stock goes down, the price doesn't have to go down.

What will be interesting is the Scooby Doo witch doctor soda, with the recent release of the 6 pack, I think that could easily go for over 400. People want to stay complete and don't want to deal with the NFTs.

Good point, there's never a definitive case for Funko collectables. Sometimes interest goes down and price goes down, sometimes supply for resale goes down and price goes up, sometimes it fluctuates. You have to take the risk on what you think is the best time to get one. Witch Doctor I'd expect to be more then any of the 6-pack chases, but not as high as this Freddy. That one might be more of the indicator of where NFT soda prices will go.

Really though, the best thing for anyone who wants these collectables to do is to take a hour or two to learn how to do the Atomichub NFT market while the trading period is still open and purchase that way instead of waiting for it to be in hand of a flipper. It will always save at least double compared to what it'll eventually go for.
:freddy4:

Animation (and occasionally Ad Icons) collector. Dorbz (RIP), Soda, Pop and Pez focused.

Dsho333

Postby Dsho333 » Thu Jul 07, 2022 12:13 am

Optimistic wrote:
Dsho333 wrote:Freddy's almost always sell for more. The problem with the price "settling" is that once most people buy them, they are in their forever homes and won't be resold anytime soon, so as the stock goes down, the price doesn't have to go down.

What will be interesting is the Scooby Doo witch doctor soda, with the recent release of the 6 pack, I think that could easily go for over 400. People want to stay complete and don't want to deal with the NFTs.

Good point, there's never a definitive case for Funko collectables. Sometimes interest goes down and price goes down, sometimes supply for resale goes down and price goes up, sometimes it fluctuates. You have to take the risk on what you think is the best time to get one. Witch Doctor I'd expect to be more then any of the 6-pack chases, but not as high as this Freddy. That one might be more of the indicator of where NFT soda prices will go.

Really though, the best thing for anyone who wants these collectables to do is to take a hour or two to learn how to do the Atomichub NFT market while the trading period is still open and purchase that way instead of waiting for it to be in hand of a flipper. It will always save at least double compared to what it'll eventually go for.

Definitely, buying yourself will always save you in the end.
I just checked the witch doctor soda, only 20 available right now on atomic hub. Lowest price is $125. We will have to check back when the tokens drop to see the price and then also when they ship out.

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Thu Jul 07, 2022 12:34 pm

scullysdad wrote:
NCDS wrote:
Rice71 wrote:Did they completely forgot to put the soda in or swapped it with one of the pops.

Someone told me that they sent others the wrong items. Sounds like they are going to have a mess on their hands. I hope that mishap doesn't prevent me from getting my soda.

My package arrives tomorrow. I should have one of each but I am a little nervous that I will be missing something. :eek:

So far the people with full orders seem to be getting everything. My fingers are crossed for you.

I did get an email from Droppp saying they got my email, so that is a start. I am sure with others having messed up orders they are going to need time to come up with a game plan.

Though my guess is anyone who got something extra isn't going to write them.
ISO Pockets Snapsie
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

willy wonka
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby willy wonka » Thu Jul 07, 2022 12:57 pm

NCDS wrote:
scullysdad wrote:
NCDS wrote:

So far the people with full orders seem to be getting everything. My fingers are crossed for you.

I did get an email from Droppp saying they got my email, so that is a start. I am sure with others having messed up orders they are going to need time to come up with a game plan.

What are you missing?
Just call me Joe...

ImageImage
ISO: Freddy Mad Hatter LE 1/24, Mad Hatter Protos,
SDCC 4 Pack Dorbz(Found thanks to another Funatic)

Justsonice25

Postby Justsonice25 » Thu Jul 07, 2022 2:25 pm

I hate that I missed on the Halloween Freddy drop because at the time I didn't understand hot the NFT's worked, but then I figured it out on the DC drop and realized it's too late to get in on the Vampire Freddy & Skeleton Pop and mummy soda. Ugh!

scullysdad

Postby scullysdad » Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:29 pm

NCDS wrote:
scullysdad wrote:
NCDS wrote:

I did get my order and it was all four. I was worried that since people were getting a Devil and should have gotten the Soda, that it could happen the other way. Welcome home, Grail Freddy:

Most wanted non-Taylor Pops: Carson Teva, Naru from Prey, The Last of Us TV show

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Thu Jul 07, 2022 6:01 pm

willy wonka wrote:
NCDS wrote:
scullysdad wrote:

What are you missing?

The Mummy Soda
ISO Pockets Snapsie
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

gospeedracer

Postby gospeedracer » Thu Jul 07, 2022 6:37 pm

WOW! I just seen the prices for the physical Pops. I'm going to have to wait until after SDCC. Hopefully prices with come down a bit but not counting on it. Definitely limited and look great. Congrats to all that got them. Could can you get all 3 with the regular packs or are the physical in the premium or just the more limited one's in premium? NFT is totally new to me but I think I need to give it a try :freddy3: :freddy4:

scullysdad

Postby scullysdad » Fri Jul 08, 2022 8:41 pm

gospeedracer wrote:WOW! I just seen the prices for the physical Pops. I'm going to have to wait until after SDCC. Hopefully prices with come down a bit but not counting on it. Definitely limited and look great. Congrats to all that got them. Could can you get all 3 with the regular packs or are the physical in the premium or just the more limited one's in premium? NFT is totally new to me but I think I need to give it a try :freddy3: :freddy4:

You can pull the legendary and grail redemptions in both kinds of packs. The royalty needs you to complete a set of common, uncommon, rare, and epic cards.

CoolNerd

Postby CoolNerd » Fri Jul 08, 2022 10:46 pm

Justsonice25 wrote:I hate that I missed on the Halloween Freddy drop because at the time I didn't understand hot the NFT's worked, but then I figured it out on the DC drop and realized it's too late to get in on the Vampire Freddy & Skeleton Pop and mummy soda. Ugh!

Me too u r not alone ....I gotta confess that Im too lazy to learn what's NFT but really love the physical pops...when I realised the NFT physical pops get so ex, I got no choice but start learning them from a fellow collector and Im same like u...starting from DC NFT.
Just a collector who loves Funko!!

dork_knight
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby dork_knight » Fri Jul 08, 2022 11:03 pm

NCDS wrote:
Rice71 wrote:
NCDS wrote:I received my two Halloween NFT pops today but my mummy soda wasn't in the box :(

I emailed Droppp, hoping I can get my Mummy Soda.

Did they completely forgot to put the soda in or swapped it with one of the pops.

I ended up getting Devil Freddy instead of Mummy Soda in my box. I had traded my Devil Freddy to get Mummy Soda and Skeleton Freddy instead. Guess the devil is haunting me @___@

I ended up emailing Droppp asking how I can get the correct item and see how I can return my Devil Freddy. I'd feel horrible for someone if they went all-in for Devil Freddy and didn't get it because these pieces are numbered.

Still waiting to hear back. I just got an acknowledgement that they'd be messaging me at a later time.

Didn't realize that so many people were in this same predicament.
Bah Weep Gragnah Weep Nini Bong!
FunKlub Member:2016000002828
Funko Collectibles Count:4000+
Pokémon GO! Pokédex: 794 | Trainer Name: DorkKn1ght

A few fellow Funko Funatics and I started a podcast: http://www.buzzsprout.com/1015576
FB: Dave Metran | IG: @dork_knight46 | TW: @davemetran

Justsonice25

Postby Justsonice25 » Fri Jul 08, 2022 11:43 pm

CoolNerd wrote:
Justsonice25 wrote:I hate that I missed on the Halloween Freddy drop because at the time I didn't understand hot the NFT's worked, but then I figured it out on the DC drop and realized it's too late to get in on the Vampire Freddy & Skeleton Pop and mummy soda. Ugh!

Me too u r not alone ....I gotta confess that Im too lazy to learn what's NFT but really love the physical pops...when I realised the NFT physical pops get so ex, I got no choice but start learning them from a fellow collector and Im same like u...starting from DC NFT.

Oh for sure.
I used the DC drop as research so i know what to do whenever they do a Marvel, Disney and/or star wars. I was able to buy a premium and 3 standards from the intial drop and pulled a redeemable and figured out the market of selling NFT's and used the wax to buy more packs, pulled more redeemables. So far so good.

CoolNerd

Postby CoolNerd » Sat Jul 09, 2022 1:11 am

Justsonice25 wrote:
CoolNerd wrote:

Oh for sure.
I used the DC drop as research so i know what to do whenever they do a Marvel, Disney and/or star wars. I was able to buy a premium and 3 standards from the intial drop and pulled a redeemable and figured out the market of selling NFT's and used the wax to buy more packs, pulled more redeemables. So far so good.

My luck was not as lucky as u for DC as well so in the end I bought packs from secondary market and start to complete them and so far Im happy that I get to learn a lot on wax etc. Definitely a good lesson learnt for future drops!...PS especially Star Wars lol!

verafunatic

Postby verafunatic » Sat Jul 09, 2022 4:16 am

:( :( So… anyone as unlucky as me? I’ve yet to receive the full set of Freddy Funkoween redeemables. :( :( tracking hasn’t updated since 28th shipment info received
ImageImageImage

Instagram & Twitter : @verafunatic / @veratcreations /@lifeinpixels_vera(@lifeinpixels_v)

DESPERATELY ISO : Rainbow Brite Proto, Huckleberry Pie Proto, The Little Mermaid Protos (coloured preferred but open to white)

scullysdad

Postby scullysdad » Mon Jul 11, 2022 10:07 pm

Patrick from Droppp wrote:Below are the final redemption numbers for Nickelodeon Cartoons x Funko Series 1:

Freddy Funko (Royalty) - 1,307 / 2000
Superhero Chuckie (Legendary) - 1,410 / 1,550
Ember McClain (Legendary) - 1,425 / 1,550
Vlad Plasmius (Legendary) - 1,430 / 1,550
Slimed Arnold (Legendary) - 1,430 / 1,550
Superhero Tommy (Grail) - 936 / 999

Shocked the Freddy is so low.

Dsho333

Postby Dsho333 » Tue Jul 12, 2022 7:32 am

scullysdad wrote:
Patrick from Droppp wrote:Below are the final redemption numbers for Nickelodeon Cartoons x Funko Series 1:

The epics were selling for over $20 for a while, meaning it was over $240 just for epics, causing it to be the most expensive royalty set. Also I think because the Freddy wasn't a character it was less desirable.

The Tommy epic alone was selling for $50.

CoolNerd

Postby CoolNerd » Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:27 am

Good luck guys for the later drop! Hopefully I can get some premiums n standard packs!!!!

scullysdad

Postby scullysdad » Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:42 am

Dsho333 wrote:
scullysdad wrote:

The epics were selling for over $20 for a while, meaning it was over $240 just for epics, causing it to be the most expensive royalty set. Also I think because the Freddy wasn't a character it was less desirable.

I don't remember that release very well (after I complete a drop, I forget all about it other than my OCD making me check Tokenhead for royalty a dozen times) but I must have pulled the expensive Epics in packs then, since no way I would have paid $50 for one.

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:14 am

scullysdad wrote:

same take away i had...the other numbers look really strong in terms of ratio. i thought the nick freddy was great, it reminded me of the nickelodeon kids' choice awards i would watch as a kid.

Dsho333

Postby Dsho333 » Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:38 am

scullysdad wrote:
Dsho333 wrote:
scullysdad wrote:

I don't remember that release very well (after I complete a drop, I forget all about it other than my OCD making me check Tokenhead for royalty a dozen times) but I must have pulled the expensive Epics in packs then, since no way I would have paid $50 for one.

It wasn't for at least a few weeks after the drop that prices spiked, maybe it was when the TMNT redemption shipped? I don't remember.

aprilyoufools

Postby aprilyoufools » Wed Jul 13, 2022 1:37 pm

Dsho333 wrote:
scullysdad wrote:
Dsho333 wrote:

It wasn't for at least a few weeks after the drop that prices spiked, maybe it was when the TMNT redemption shipped? I don't remember.

Maybe since people were finally seeing the physical redeemables were a real thing.

Hope everyone has their Transformers redeemables and royalty sets in place for the snapshot in less than half an hour!
she/they • ARMY | MOA | Bunnies/Tokki | FEARNOT

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Wed Jul 13, 2022 2:36 pm

Tokens have been sent for Transformers!
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Wed Jul 13, 2022 2:38 pm

happy transformers redemption day!

scullysdad

Postby scullysdad » Wed Jul 13, 2022 2:54 pm

Got my Freddy token and redeemed him. Transformers was not my favorite set, but I am pretty excited for Scooby next.

ComicsZombie

Postby ComicsZombie » Thu Jul 14, 2022 11:08 am

verafunatic wrote::( :( So… anyone as unlucky as me? I’ve yet to receive the full set of Freddy Funkoween redeemables. :( :( tracking hasn’t updated since 28th shipment info received

Yeah. I don't know if you saw, Droppp announced that they had received a large portion of their inventory damaged and put a hold on shipping. They are looking into what they can do about it.
#BeastBoyShrine
ISO: >> \:D/ Any Beast Boy Proto (in White and color), & My Hero Academia Wave 2 Protos <<

"I don't collect LEGOs. I play with LEGOs. I don't play with Pops. I collect Pops."

IG: ComicsZombie
TW: @ComicsZombie
Tumblr: TheComicsZombie
YT: ComicsZombie

Jade-Rex

Postby Jade-Rex » Wed Jul 20, 2022 3:51 pm

I haven't been into NFTs for various reasons, but could someone let me know the general price range for getting a redeemable Freddy? I know you have to buy some packs and then do trading/selling to complete for a chance. I'm just curious if it's actually attainable for my budget. Thanks!
Pop count: 300+ (lost count lol)
Dream Pop: Fantasy Barbarian Bakugo
ISO: Bakugo Proto, Picklez and Chester holo cards
Lines I Miss: Wetmore Forest, Boo Hollow

Dsho333

Postby Dsho333 » Wed Jul 20, 2022 6:06 pm

Jade-Rex wrote:I haven't been into NFTs for various reasons, but could someone let me know the general price range for getting a redeemable Freddy? I know you have to buy some packs and then do trading/selling to complete for a chance. I'm just curious if it's actually attainable for my budget. Thanks!

I'd say $250 straight up with no packs will get you any set. The reason you want to have packs is so you have a chance at redeemables.

Jade-Rex

Postby Jade-Rex » Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:06 pm

Dsho333 wrote:
Jade-Rex wrote:I haven't been into NFTs for various reasons, but could someone let me know the general price range for getting a redeemable Freddy? I know you have to buy some packs and then do trading/selling to complete for a chance. I'm just curious if it's actually attainable for my budget. Thanks!

I'd say $250 straight up with no packs will get you any set. The reason you want to have packs is so you have a chance at redeemables.

That's not terrrrrible lol. Thanks!

Dsho333

Postby Dsho333 » Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:58 pm

Jade-Rex wrote:
Dsho333 wrote:

This is also within the first 2 weeks of the drop, as some of the epics get very expensive after that

Jade-Rex

Postby Jade-Rex » Wed Jul 20, 2022 11:04 pm

Dsho333 wrote:
Jade-Rex wrote:
Dsho333 wrote:

This is also within the first 2 weeks of the drop, as some of the epics get very expensive after that

That at least gives me a baseline to consider and very helpful. Thank you. I don't normally drop large amounts for funko but the redeemable Freddy's have been really cool and unique so far.

Boszdrew

Postby Boszdrew » Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:37 pm

Almost a month now and i still haven’t receive my Halloween Freddy and i always receive generic emails so sad
Collecting Funko : 2018
SDCC : 2018, 2023
Wondercon 2018, 2019

Image Image

Jaxnole07

Postby Jaxnole07 » Fri Jul 22, 2022 11:27 pm

Boszdrew wrote:Almost a month now and i still haven’t receive my Halloween Freddy and i always receive generic emails so sad

Waiting on the Star Trek myself….

Boszdrew

Postby Boszdrew » Sat Jul 23, 2022 12:42 am

Jaxnole07 wrote:
Boszdrew wrote:Almost a month now and i still haven’t receive my Halloween Freddy and i always receive generic emails so sad

Same here
Wondercon 2018, 2019

Image Image

digithor

Postby digithor » Sat Jul 23, 2022 3:29 am

That's a while to be waiting for the pops to get delivered.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

Boszdrew

Postby Boszdrew » Sat Jul 23, 2022 1:18 pm

digithor wrote:That's a while to be waiting for the pops to get delivered.

That’s a fact
Wondercon 2018, 2019

Image Image

willowbard

Postby willowbard » Sat Jul 23, 2022 11:59 pm

$250 is a safe bet. It also depends on the set and its popularity. Like for My Little Pony you wouldn't need near that but for DC $250 would be the minimun. popinstock has a tracker on their website where you can see how much it costs to collect the set. And other info. It's a really helpful site

willowbard

Postby willowbard » Sun Jul 24, 2022 12:00 am

Jaxnole07 wrote:

I'm excited for Star Trek. I went a little ham on that set and got pretty lucky with the redeemable pulls too.

Boszdrew

Postby Boszdrew » Sun Jul 24, 2022 12:32 am

willowbard wrote:
Jaxnole07 wrote:

I'm excited for Star Trek. I went a little ham on that set and got pretty lucky with the redeemable pulls too.

same here, i really hope they do the shipping right this time..
Wondercon 2018, 2019

Image Image

willowbard

Postby willowbard » Sun Jul 24, 2022 12:41 am

Boszdrew wrote:
willowbard wrote:
Jaxnole07 wrote:Waiting on the Star Trek myself….

same here, i really hope they do the shipping right this time..

I was one of the lucky ones regarding the Halloween set shipping. Got what I redeemed in good time and good shape. I hope you get yours soon.

Return to “NFT/Digital”