Funko Digital Pops - NFT

Funko has entered the world of Non-fungible tokens!
MarvelPopFan75

Re: Funko Digital Pops - NFT

Postby MarvelPopFan75 » Thu May 05, 2022 2:11 pm

Well now they know how badly their servers are going to get hit for the most popular series.
Hello, my name is Kevin Rutan

Image Image Image Image Image

RedRoo

Postby RedRoo » Thu May 05, 2022 2:48 pm

What ever there new "improvements" were i think screwed over a large amount of people.

Had my tabs open on my computers 16 in total to just try and get some packs and ended up with all of them being over a hour when there are wallets with over 100 packs.

*sigh*

Please funko fix this because collectors badly lost today.
~Guy
TEAM BACON!
"With blood and rage of crimson red,

Ripped from a corpse so freshly dead,

Together with our hellish hate,

We'll burn you all--that is your fate!"

ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

MarvelPopFan75

Postby MarvelPopFan75 » Thu May 05, 2022 2:56 pm

RedRoo wrote:What ever there new "improvements" were i think screwed over a large amount of people.

Had my tabs open on my computers 16 in total to just try and get some packs and ended up with all of them being over a hour when there are wallets with over 100 packs.

*sigh*

As long as the queue is manage by Queue It these things are going to happen, people have been circumventing that for years.
Hello, my name is Kevin Rutan

Image Image Image Image Image

Cchavez77

Postby Cchavez77 » Fri May 06, 2022 1:26 am

divade23 wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:
Cchavez77 wrote:I have the worst luck with packs but I keep on buying lol

Thats how they get ya! Theres always a small chance hahahaha

yep thrill of the gamble and mystery O:)

Yea gambling my weakness
Funko Hollywood Grand opening
Funko Fundays 18-19
Sdcc 07-08, 18-19

Cchavez77

Postby Cchavez77 » Fri May 06, 2022 1:27 am

Hgmaddhatter wrote:
Cchavez77 wrote:I have the worst luck with packs but I keep on buying lol

Thats how they get ya! Theres always a small chance hahahaha

But there is a chance you say!
Funko Hollywood Grand opening
Funko Fundays 18-19
Sdcc 07-08, 18-19

ComicsZombie

Postby ComicsZombie » Fri May 06, 2022 2:31 am

I got through 6 times. I was charged 6 time and I'm missing one of my sets of packs. Support is on it. But it was a rough one. I'm Pleased I got through but i'm still about $172 off from getting a royalty... oof.
#BeastBoyShrine
ISO: >> \:D/ Any Beast Boy Proto (in White and color), & My Hero Academia Wave 2 Protos <<

"I don't collect LEGOs. I play with LEGOs. I don't play with Pops. I collect Pops."

IG: ComicsZombie
TW: @ComicsZombie
Tumblr: TheComicsZombie
YT: ComicsZombie

Dbactor

Postby Dbactor » Fri May 06, 2022 3:03 am

Hey again everyone. I’ve been out of commission for a bit handling life with a toddler and a newborn.

I started getting more into the NFT world, other projects (don’t know if we’re supposed to talk about them here), and figured it’s time to take a better look at Funko NFTs.

What’s everyone’s favorite aspects of the Funko NFT project? Utility outside of the physical redemption? How do we feel about cost?

Thanks all!

digithor

Postby digithor » Fri May 06, 2022 3:58 am

RedRoo wrote:What ever there new "improvements" were i think screwed over a large amount of people.

*sigh*

I'd agreed with you on that first line, kind of seems like those "improvements" went the wrong way.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

RedRoo

Postby RedRoo » Fri May 06, 2022 6:39 am

ComicsZombie wrote:I got through 6 times. I was charged 6 time and I'm missing one of my sets of packs. Support is on it. But it was a rough one. I'm Pleased I got through but i'm still about $172 off from getting a royalty... oof.

.....*angry fist shakes* 6 times!!!!! good god sir!
~Guy
TEAM BACON!

ImageImage

FerrisGuy3

Postby FerrisGuy3 » Fri May 06, 2022 8:17 am

Wasn’t lucky this time around with the DC release. Congrats to all who got them. I knew this one was going to be the most popular yet.
Hi, I’m Tom. Michigan Based Funatic collecting since 2014

gokou105
Hall of Fame Class of 2022

Postby gokou105 » Fri May 06, 2022 11:04 am

*sigh*

Read on discord that there was a link to bypass the queue. Also gotta get lucky with line placement. Some people got in with 1 or 2 tabs and some with 10+ didn't get in at all. Hope it'll be better next time!
Calvin

gokou105

Postby gokou105 » Fri May 06, 2022 11:06 am

MarvelPopFan75 wrote:

*sigh*

As long as the queue is manage by Queue It these things are going to happen, people have been circumventing that for years.

Not sure how they can fix it when supreme, Nike and other companies can't prevent it either. Any ideas?
Calvin

gokou105

Postby gokou105 » Fri May 06, 2022 11:09 am

ComicsZombie wrote:I got through 6 times. I was charged 6 time and I'm missing one of my sets of packs. Support is on it. But it was a rough one. I'm Pleased I got through but i'm still about $172 off from getting a royalty... oof.

Congrats! Still no royalty? I would have assumed you would get at least 1 with all those nfts. Btw, how many tabs did you open? Heard there was a link to bypass the queue.
Calvin

gokou105

Postby gokou105 » Fri May 06, 2022 11:11 am

Dbactor wrote:Hey again everyone. I’ve been out of commission for a bit handling life with a toddler and a newborn.

I started getting more into the NFT world, other projects (don’t know if we’re supposed to talk about them here), and figured it’s time to take a better look at Funko NFTs.

What’s everyone’s favorite aspects of the Funko NFT project? Utility outside of the physical redemption? How do we feel about cost?

Thanks all!

It's like buying physical packs because you won't always hit. It's a gamble, imo it's expected.
Calvin

gokou105

Postby gokou105 » Fri May 06, 2022 11:11 am

digithor wrote:

*sigh*

I'd agreed with you on that first line, kind of seems like those "improvements" went the wrong way.

I didn't notice any improvements, what did they do?
Calvin

ComicsZombie

Postby ComicsZombie » Fri May 06, 2022 11:13 am

RedRoo wrote:

I don't know how! I had a dozen windows open. my earliest one was 15 minutes wait time, (like 20-30 min really). Some group found and used a bypass, which sucks...

Also, there was a "cooldown" block which I think prevented you from making 4 purchases on a credit card...
#BeastBoyShrine
ISO: >> \:D/ Any Beast Boy Proto (in White and color), & My Hero Academia Wave 2 Protos <<

"I don't collect LEGOs. I play with LEGOs. I don't play with Pops. I collect Pops."

ComicsZombie

Postby ComicsZombie » Fri May 06, 2022 11:17 am

gokou105 wrote:

Congrats! Still no royalty? I would have assumed you would get at least 1 with all those nfts. Btw, how many tabs did you open? Heard there was a link to bypass the queue.

I lost count of my windows. each browser had 2 tabs running, and maybe... 8 browsers? Plus one on my phone?

I have 2 Premium packs that I haven't opened yet, and 1 Standard pack. But no, my luck with mystery boxes and luck based randomizers is generally terrible. Droppp still owes me my 6th order XD.

Example: I opened a premium pack, and the best I got were 2 Uncommons. Woot!
#BeastBoyShrine

RedRoo

Postby RedRoo » Fri May 06, 2022 11:18 am

ComicsZombie wrote:
RedRoo wrote:

I don't know how! I had a dozen windows open. my earliest one was 15 minutes wait time, (like 20-30 min really). Some group found and used a bypass, which sucks...

Also, there was a "cooldown" block which I think prevented you from making 4 purchases on a credit card...

where did this bypass link come from? did they announce it officcally.
~Guy
TEAM BACON!

ImageImage

ComicsZombie

Postby ComicsZombie » Fri May 06, 2022 11:22 am

RedRoo wrote:
ComicsZombie wrote:
RedRoo wrote:

where did this bypass link come from? did they announce it officcally.

No idea. Definitely not official. It's flippers and shoe groups who have figured out tricks to get past the queue-it system.
#BeastBoyShrine

scullysdad

Postby scullysdad » Fri May 06, 2022 11:32 am

There was a while where Funko would announce an amazing Funko Shop release like Sonny the Cuckoo and I would not even try to buy it since I didn't want to be bummed out about missing out to the sneaker heads who just want to flip. This DC release was my NFT Sonny the Cuckoo lol I hope they can fix the line bypass issue, but Patrick from Droppp did admit on Discord that they were botted hard.
Please Funko make Taylor Swift Pops!

Most wanted non-Taylor Pops: Carson Teva, Naru from Prey, The Last of Us TV show

ComicsZombie

Postby ComicsZombie » Fri May 06, 2022 11:55 am

scullysdad wrote:There was a while where Funko would announce an amazing Funko Shop release like Sonny the Cuckoo and I would not even try to buy it since I didn't want to be bummed out about missing out to the sneaker heads who just want to flip. This DC release was my NFT Sonny the Cuckoo lol I hope they can fix the line bypass issue, but Patrick from Droppp did admit on Discord that they were botted hard.

Bots + Bypass link... devastation!

#BeastBoyShrine

jagpop

Postby jagpop » Fri May 06, 2022 11:57 am

scullysdad wrote:There was a while where Funko would announce an amazing Funko Shop release like Sonny the Cuckoo and I would not even try to buy it since I didn't want to be bummed out about missing out to the sneaker heads who just want to flip. This DC release was my NFT Sonny the Cuckoo lol I hope they can fix the line bypass issue, but Patrick from Droppp did admit on Discord that they were botted hard.

Whatever measure they implemented prevented humans from getting packs, which, lead to an easier path for bots. They had way less humans to battle. It's almost as if the bot prevention was more like an aid to bots. Hopefully the next drop is smoother for us or I may be in the same boat as you, hanging it up.

I am not in danger, I am the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!

Mawhonic7

Postby Mawhonic7 » Fri May 06, 2022 12:04 pm

Just reading through the experiences most of you had is stressing me out! I hope it’s a better experience for everyone next time. It’s a shame that bots and cheating won.
Hi! I’m Eric

Dsho333

Postby Dsho333 » Fri May 06, 2022 12:27 pm

I think the solution to the queue it, is basically make them preorders, you sign up that you want the drop, when your turn comes you can only check out once. Multiple accounts wouldn't be able to purchase since you would need separate droppp account not tied to the same email. Anyone found bypassing would get that droppp account/emails banned. This would at least prevent one account from getting 100 plus packs.

CollectorBadger

Postby CollectorBadger » Fri May 06, 2022 1:29 pm

I didn't get through at all, my queue timer kept increasing which makes sense if there was people getting in through a bypass link. Oh well!

Nick IG: collector.badger

ComicsZombie

Postby ComicsZombie » Fri May 06, 2022 1:38 pm

Dsho333 wrote:I think the solution to the queue it, is basically make them preorders, you sign up that you want the drop, when your turn comes you can only check out once. Multiple accounts wouldn't be able to purchase since you would need separate droppp account not tied to the same email. Anyone found bypassing would get that droppp account/emails banned. This would at least prevent one account from getting 100 plus packs.

While I don't think that that is the way to go, if you can only get one transaction, you'll have a huge hill to climb to even breath on a royalty. I do think there should be an account cooldown after 4 transactions... Though that can be bypassed with multiple accounts... I was in it mostly to see how they would handle multiple browsers, and I didn't see anything different, other than that cookie error early on. I did hear about the credit card cooldown, but then... you just use a different credit card... I'm not sure where the solution lies that will make collectors happy.

I am fairly happy with this drop but I got very lucky. My friend who did the same thing only got through once, and another friend of ours, did a similar amount and never got through... For Scooby, my friend got through several times and I only got through a couple.
#BeastBoyShrine

Dsho333

Postby Dsho333 » Fri May 06, 2022 2:29 pm

ComicsZombie wrote:
Dsho333 wrote:I think the solution to the queue it, is basically make them preorders, you sign up that you want the drop, when your turn comes you can only check out once. Multiple accounts wouldn't be able to purchase since you would need separate droppp account not tied to the same email. Anyone found bypassing would get that droppp account/emails banned. This would at least prevent one account from getting 100 plus packs.

While I don't think that that is the way to go, if you can only get one transaction, you'll have a huge hill to climb to even breath on a royalty. I do think there should be an account cooldown after 4 transactions... Though that can be bypassed with multiple accounts... I was in it mostly to see how they would handle multiple browsers, and I didn't see anything different, other than that cookie error early on. I did hear about the credit card cooldown, but then... you just use a different credit card... I'm not sure where the solution lies that will make collectors happy.

I am fairly happy with this drop but I got very lucky. My friend who did the same thing only got through once, and another friend of ours, did a similar amount and never got through... For Scooby, my friend got through several times and I only got through a couple.

They could easily up the limit to $120 then to make royalty easier, but my main point is limiting bots/certain accounts from buying up all the stock before regular people using 1 account get packs. Everyone should be on equal footing on getting packs, using multiple transactions or accounts shouldn't be allowed.
By your logic only like 2k people should've gotten packs for the DC drop by being able to buy 4 times what they should've, to me and almost everyone else that missed out, that's ridiculous. (Almost 50k packs divided by 24 packs is about 2k buyers.)

Marvel_Mama

Postby Marvel_Mama » Fri May 06, 2022 2:45 pm

Cchavez77 wrote:
divade23 wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:Thats how they get ya! Theres always a small chance hahahaha

yep thrill of the gamble and mystery O:)

Yea gambling my weakness

Same for me lol
Diedre Loves her Funko Family
marvel_mama444 on insta - formerly Divade23 Marvel_Mama

ComicsZombie

Postby ComicsZombie » Fri May 06, 2022 6:14 pm

Dsho333 wrote:They could easily up the limit to $120 then to make royalty easier, but my main point is limiting bots/certain accounts from buying up all the stock before regular people using 1 account get packs. Everyone should be on equal footing on getting packs, using multiple transactions or accounts shouldn't be allowed.
By your logic only like 2k people should've gotten packs for the DC drop by being able to buy 4 times what they should've, to me and almost everyone else that missed out, that's ridiculous. (Almost 50k packs divided by 24 packs is about 2k buyers.)

I agree, they could do that, but then I see the same problems, multi accounts, multiple browsers, multiple devices. They'd be scooped up even faster.

Bots ARE a difficult thing to deal with and with the way these queues and purchase systems work there are always people looking for access and bypasses. It's a never ending struggle.

It makes sense to do the cooldown. Also, it's one of the measures they set up, cooldown after 4 transactions on a card, it wasn't MY decision or logic. And that's bypassed by using multiple cards! Additionally, I'm not saying 2k people should get their 4 transactions. It's still a random queue placement!
#BeastBoyShrine

ComicsZombie

Postby ComicsZombie » Fri May 06, 2022 6:17 pm

divade23 wrote:
Cchavez77 wrote:
divade23 wrote:yep thrill of the gamble and mystery O:)

Yea gambling my weakness

Same for me lol

It's very difficult to not open packs. I am constantly thinking... "but this could have a boat!"
#BeastBoyShrine

gokou105

Postby gokou105 » Sat May 07, 2022 12:03 am

ComicsZombie wrote:
gokou105 wrote:

I lost count of my windows. each browser had 2 tabs running, and maybe... 8 browsers? Plus one on my phone?

I have 2 Premium packs that I haven't opened yet, and 1 Standard pack. But no, my luck with mystery boxes and luck based randomizers is generally terrible. Droppp still owes me my 6th order XD.

Example: I opened a premium pack, and the best I got were 2 Uncommons. Woot!

That's the way to go is to open up as many tabs as humanly possible lol.

I don't have luck too...that's why I rather just trade packs for redeemables. Don't understand why people would do that but I see it happening.

That sucks with your premium pack, but you always wonder if the next one has a redeemable or grail
Calvin

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Sat May 07, 2022 2:28 am

kdmlvr wrote:
Ratattack wrote:
digithor wrote:It's nice getting one of those free promotional packs, I wonder if this is going to be a monthly thing from now on.

My biggest question is… are these promotional packs going to have redeemables at some point in the future?

I have the same question, congratulations to anyone that received them.

Out of the two waves, I didn’t luck out. I wonder what the criteria to qualify for one is. Or maybe just luck?

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Sat May 07, 2022 2:30 am

Dsho333 wrote:
kdmlvr wrote:
Ratattack wrote:My biggest question is… are these promotional packs going to have redeemables at some point in the future?

I have the same question, congratulations to anyone that received them.

Probably not the giveaway ones, maybe the ones for having a certain item, I thought they could do something like the Freddy mystery mini they gave away for the toy of the year a couple years ago

I did luck out on the one for having a certain item. The one they send through email, not so lucky for me.

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Sat May 07, 2022 2:32 am

mongoose12 wrote:
Ratattack wrote:
digithor wrote:It's nice getting one of those free promotional packs, I wonder if this is going to be a monthly thing from now on.

My biggest question is… are these promotional packs going to have redeemables at some point in the future?

I think it would have been more likely if Funko was having trouble garnering attention/sales related to the drops, but given what is believed to be an overwhelming success I don’t think the freebies will carry redeemable merch.

I hope this is the case cause I haven’t been chosen for a free promotional pack yet.

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Sat May 07, 2022 2:33 am

digithor wrote:
Ratattack wrote:

Probably at some point they will, even if it's something small.

It would be cool it they do. The stakes would be raced though. :eek:

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Sat May 07, 2022 2:35 am

gokou105 wrote:
Ratattack wrote:
gokou105 wrote:
Exactly! Maybe series 2 will be villains lol

Looking forward to it! :bounce:

Same, can't wait but it'll probably be awhile before that happens

The drop was wildly successful for so many packs. Hopefully round 2 isn’t too far away. :bounce:

digithor

Postby digithor » Sat May 07, 2022 2:54 am

gokou105 wrote:
digithor wrote:

*sigh*

I didn't notice any improvements, what did they do?

A lot more difficult for the regular customer, but a lot easier for the "other" customers. lol . You can probably find most of the issues in here already being discussed or on the droppp discord. A lot of unhappy people in there.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

FredKruger

Postby FredKruger » Sat May 07, 2022 4:30 pm

jagpop wrote:

Whatever measure they implemented prevented humans from getting packs, which, lead to an easier path for bots. They had way less humans to battle. It's almost as if the bot prevention was more like an aid to bots. Hopefully the next drop is smoother for us or I may be in the same boat as you, hanging it up.

I am thinking the same, will definitely expect improvement on next drop. I get losing out on one every once in awhile, but this didn't seem fair.

Interesting Pat admitted were botted. He was pretty proud of his improvements, so I expected it to work out. At this point, they have to implement something or it will only get worse. Fanatics have first dibs? Lol

Marvel_Mama

Postby Marvel_Mama » Sat May 07, 2022 6:43 pm

ComicsZombie wrote:
divade23 wrote:
Cchavez77 wrote:

Yea gambling my weakness

Same for me lol

It's very difficult to not open packs. I am constantly thinking... "but this could have a boat!"

Lmao so dang true!!
Diedre Loves her Funko Family
marvel_mama444 on insta - formerly Divade23 Marvel_Mama

scullysdad

Postby scullysdad » Sat May 07, 2022 7:09 pm

FredKruger wrote:
Spoiler: show
jagpop wrote:

I am thinking the same, will definitely expect improvement on next drop. I get losing out on one every once in awhile, but this didn't seem fair.

Interesting Pat admitted were botted. He was pretty proud of his improvements, so I expected it to work out. At this point, they have to implement something or it will only get worse. Fanatics have first dibs? Lol

He did also say their updates worked and without them this sale would have been 100% bots. He seems like a stand up guy so I believe him, but 'this terrible thing could have been a bit more terrible' is not really making me feel amazing lol
Please Funko make Taylor Swift Pops!

Most wanted non-Taylor Pops: Carson Teva, Naru from Prey, The Last of Us TV show

Return to “NFT/Digital”