Funko Digital Pops - NFT

Funko has entered the world of Non-fungible tokens!
L3g3nD33

Re: Funko Digital Pops - NFT

Postby L3g3nD33 » Sat May 07, 2022 7:40 pm

scullysdad wrote:
FredKruger wrote:
Spoiler: show
jagpop wrote:Whatever measure they implemented prevented humans from getting packs, which, lead to an easier path for bots. They had way less humans to battle. It's almost as if the bot prevention was more like an aid to bots. Hopefully the next drop is smoother for us or I may be in the same boat as you, hanging it up.

I am thinking the same, will definitely expect improvement on next drop. I get losing out on one every once in awhile, but this didn't seem fair.

Interesting Pat admitted were botted. He was pretty proud of his improvements, so I expected it to work out. At this point, they have to implement something or it will only get worse. Fanatics have first dibs? Lol

He did also say their updates worked and without them this sale would have been 100% bots. He seems like a stand up guy so I believe him, but 'this terrible thing could have been a bit more terrible' is not really making me feel amazing lol

Unfortunately its just going to get worse. I fully expect the next drop to be getting close to 100% bots even with whatever countermeasures Droppp puts in place.
Collecting Funko since 2016
Funko Fundays 2018, 2022, 2023
Funko Fright Night 2022
Funatics Day Out 9
San Diego Comic-Con 2019, 2022, 2023, 2024
New York Comic Con 2021, 2022, 2023

Image Image Image Image Image

kdmlvr

Postby kdmlvr » Sun May 08, 2022 12:35 pm

FredKruger wrote:
jagpop wrote:
scullysdad wrote:There was a while where Funko would announce an amazing Funko Shop release like Sonny the Cuckoo and I would not even try to buy it since I didn't want to be bummed out about missing out to the sneaker heads who just want to flip. This DC release was my NFT Sonny the Cuckoo lol I hope they can fix the line bypass issue, but Patrick from Droppp did admit on Discord that they were botted hard.

Whatever measure they implemented prevented humans from getting packs, which, lead to an easier path for bots. They had way less humans to battle. It's almost as if the bot prevention was more like an aid to bots. Hopefully the next drop is smoother for us or I may be in the same boat as you, hanging it up.

I am thinking the same, will definitely expect improvement on next drop. I get losing out on one every once in awhile, but this didn't seem fair.

Interesting Pat admitted were botted. He was pretty proud of his improvements, so I expected it to work out. At this point, they have to implement something or it will only get worse. Fanatics have first dibs? Lol

I hope so as well, it seems alot of bots got them
Funko Pop Fan & Loungefly fan.

Westlos420

Postby Westlos420 » Sun May 08, 2022 3:58 pm

Yea it was a rough drop for me as well but at least I was luckily able to get thru once but even then I have a steep mountain to climb To go for a royalty set. It seemed like the changes they implemented made it harder for the little guy to get thru but who knows maybe they helped prolong the sellout.
Big D
Fundays 2017 - Making Fun World Premiere - FDO8LV - Fundays 2019 - FunKon
Star Wars Celebration 2022 - Fundays 2022
Dodgers for life!

IG: funko420

TheStephil

Postby TheStephil » Sun May 08, 2022 11:24 pm

Hgmaddhatter wrote:
TheStephil wrote:I’m really hoping for Harry Potter with some redeemable that aren’t just the standard golden trio. Another Sirius Black would be a dream come true.

Harry Potter would be the end of me lol. Maybe a Sirius soda?? I'd love some new characters.

Sirius soda would make me faint! lol
I definitely want some new character. Where is Arther Weasley?
Hi, I’m Steph.

digithor

Postby digithor » Mon May 09, 2022 2:19 am

Westlos420 wrote:Yea it was a rough drop for me as well but at least I was luckily able to get thru once but even then I have a steep mountain to climb To go for a royalty set. It seemed like the changes they implemented made it harder for the little guy to get thru but who knows maybe they helped prolong the sellout.

I feel like it didn't make a big difference on the sellout time, more of a difference on the little guy like you mentioned.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

conventiongeek

Postby conventiongeek » Mon May 09, 2022 3:52 am

Westlos420 wrote:Yea it was a rough drop for me as well but at least I was luckily able to get thru once but even then I have a steep mountain to climb To go for a royalty set. It seemed like the changes they implemented made it harder for the little guy to get thru but who knows maybe they helped prolong the sellout.

Clearly the NFT's are becoming more popular... still not sure why digital anything sells out within minutes... It's like paying a couple hundred bucks for a chance at 1 or 2 physical pops. One has to be able to buy 4 or 5 packs to have a reasonable chance at one. Or at least that what it seems. I think they should also make the pops redeemable for a longer period.

Dsho333

Postby Dsho333 » Mon May 09, 2022 7:30 am

conventiongeek wrote:

Clearly the NFT's are becoming more popular... still not sure why digital anything sells out within minutes... It's like paying a couple hundred bucks for a chance at 1 or 2 physical pops. One has to be able to buy 4 or 5 packs to have a reasonable chance at one. Or at least that what it seems. I think they should also make the pops redeemable for a longer period.

If you spend a couple hundred on packs you are probably gonna be able to finish royalty at the least. Most people are buying 6 standard packs on the drop which is only 60 bucks.

The redemption period is already 30 days, after the 120 days to complete the set, 5 months is long enough. You also still have to wait at least another month to get it shipped.

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Mon May 09, 2022 8:46 am

conventiongeek wrote:Clearly the NFT's are becoming more popular... still not sure why digital anything sells out within minutes... It's like paying a couple hundred bucks for a chance at 1 or 2 physical pops. One has to be able to buy 4 or 5 packs to have a reasonable chance at one. Or at least that what it seems. I think they should also make the pops redeemable for a longer period.

I’ve been buying since the first drop and have 40 redeemable Pops with each one averaging $70 spent. That includes 12 Freddy’s and all the Pops are under LE 2,000. That’s why digital sales sell out instantly.
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Tue May 10, 2022 3:01 am

scullysdad wrote:
FredKruger wrote:
jagpop wrote:Whatever measure they implemented prevented humans from getting packs, which, lead to an easier path for bots. They had way less humans to battle. It's almost as if the bot prevention was more like an aid to bots. Hopefully the next drop is smoother for us or I may be in the same boat as you, hanging it up.

He did also say their updates worked and without them this sale would have been 100% bots. He seems like a stand up guy so I believe him, but 'this terrible thing could have been a bit more terrible' is not really making me feel amazing lol

Yeah I think the easy days of getting these NFTs and the royalty set being more attainable are gone. The bots have arrived. I do have faith though that at some point it will get back to a state where bots don't win as much.
Collecting since 2014

conventiongeek

Postby conventiongeek » Tue May 10, 2022 3:24 am

CaseyJones14 wrote:
conventiongeek wrote:Clearly the NFT's are becoming more popular... still not sure why digital anything sells out within minutes... It's like paying a couple hundred bucks for a chance at 1 or 2 physical pops. One has to be able to buy 4 or 5 packs to have a reasonable chance at one. Or at least that what it seems. I think they should also make the pops redeemable for a longer period.

I’ve been buying since the first drop and have 40 redeemable Pops with each one averaging $70 spent. That includes 12 Freddy’s and all the Pops are under LE 2,000. That’s why digital sales sell out instantly.

That's really good. Lucky. I would not think everyone is averaging that.

NoOtherOptions

Postby NoOtherOptions » Tue May 10, 2022 12:12 pm

scullysdad wrote:
FredKruger wrote:

I mean “we prevented bots” is a rough term. Because bypass links were all over a buddy sent me some screen shots

NoOtherOptions

Postby NoOtherOptions » Tue May 10, 2022 12:14 pm

nascar246788 wrote:
scullysdad wrote:
FredKruger wrote:

Yeah I think the easy days of getting these NFTs and the royalty set being more attainable are gone. The bots have arrived. I do have faith though that at some point it will get back to a state where bots don't win as much.

I think you might still be able to wrangle good deals if you are paying attention. With wax like most crypto being down prices are a bit down too

RedRoo

Postby RedRoo » Tue May 10, 2022 12:17 pm

conventiongeek wrote:
CaseyJones14 wrote:

That's really good. Lucky. I would not think everyone is averaging that.

While its not the regular i have had friends get something redeemable from every drop. It really is just luck.
~Guy
TEAM BACON!
"With blood and rage of crimson red,

Ripped from a corpse so freshly dead,

Together with our hellish hate,

We'll burn you all--that is your fate!"

ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

gokou105
Hall of Fame Class of 2022

Postby gokou105 » Tue May 10, 2022 12:44 pm

digithor wrote:
gokou105 wrote:
digithor wrote:
I'd agreed with you on that first line, kind of seems like those "improvements" went the wrong way.

I didn't notice any improvements, what did they do?

A lot more difficult for the regular customer, but a lot easier for the "other" customers. lol . You can probably find most of the issues in here already being discussed or on the droppp discord. A lot of unhappy people in there.

Wow, the multiple tabs/browsers still works but just gotta be lucky.
Calvin

FredKruger

Postby FredKruger » Tue May 10, 2022 2:32 pm

NoOtherOptions wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:
scullysdad wrote:

I think you might still be able to wrangle good deals if you are paying attention. With wax like most crypto being down prices are a bit down too

See that's the problem. I'm not interested in buying monopoly money to get pops. The appeal to me is getting packs, opening, then trading/unloading cards to get enough tickets to trade in for a prize. Buying Crypto at fluctuating pricing is what I was trying to avoid.

So since I didn't get thru, I'm blocked out of DC till later. Packs are still double retail, and premium are insane. The game is changing unfortunately. Can just wait for next drop and hope am allowed to get some packs next time.

I hope they make adjustments before it's too late. I have faith Funko will keep trying, but it's Droppp who seems too proud to do what needs to be done.

Hgmaddhatter

Postby Hgmaddhatter » Tue May 10, 2022 5:32 pm

TheStephil wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:
TheStephil wrote:I’m really hoping for Harry Potter with some redeemable that aren’t just the standard golden trio. Another Sirius Black would be a dream come true.

Harry Potter would be the end of me lol. Maybe a Sirius soda?? I'd love some new characters.

Sirius soda would make me faint! lol
I definitely want some new character. Where is Arther Weasley?

If they did new characters I'd be all in!! We need all the Weasleys including Percy and Bill! I'd also love to see more Death Eaters including Fenrir Greyback. Also James and lily Potter?!?
Image Image ImageImage

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Tue May 10, 2022 7:54 pm

FredKruger wrote:
NoOtherOptions wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:

See that's the problem. I'm not interested in buying monopoly money to get pops. The appeal to me is getting packs, opening, then trading/unloading cards to get enough tickets to trade in for a prize. Buying Crypto at fluctuating pricing is what I was trying to avoid.

So since I didn't get thru, I'm blocked out of DC till later. Packs are still double retail, and premium are insane. The game is changing unfortunately. Can just wait for next drop and hope am allowed to get some packs next time.

I hope they make adjustments before it's too late. I have faith Funko will keep trying, but it's Droppp who seems too proud to do what needs to be done.

I do think droppp is making their best effort. I think the explosion of interest caught them off guard. I think they were trying to prevent it before it happenes, but they can't know how good their meaures are till its truly tested.
Collecting since 2014

Westlos420

Postby Westlos420 » Tue May 10, 2022 8:31 pm

nascar246788 wrote:
FredKruger wrote:
NoOtherOptions wrote:

I do think droppp is making their best effort. I think the explosion of interest caught them off guard. I think they were trying to prevent it before it happenes, but they can't know how good their meaures are till its truly tested.

Scooby was the drop that set everything off and DC put it over the top. Scooby packs at one point were higher than $40 and the botters noticed and went all in. From now on it’s gonna be tough for the “little guy” to get thru because bots will have a ridiculous amount of spots in line and will affect the normal user even with 5 or 6 different browsers. We will need luck on our side and hope to get a early spot in line.
Big D
Fundays 2017 - Making Fun World Premiere - FDO8LV - Fundays 2019 - FunKon
Star Wars Celebration 2022 - Fundays 2022
Dodgers for life!

IG: funko420

dtmkyle

Postby dtmkyle » Tue May 10, 2022 8:34 pm

Wasnt able to grab anything from this drop from the queue ](*,)

NoOtherOptions

Postby NoOtherOptions » Tue May 10, 2022 11:07 pm

Westlos420 wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:
FredKruger wrote:

Scooby was the drop that set everything off and DC put it over the top. Scooby packs at one point were higher than $40 and the botters noticed and went all in. From now on it’s gonna be tough for the “little guy” to get thru because bots will have a ridiculous amount of spots in line and will affect the normal user even with 5 or 6 different browsers. We will need luck on our side and hope to get a early spot in line.

I mean most waves have been significantly over retail. I bought every single wave except Bob Ross and they’ve all been pricey in the aftermarket. The difference being it wasn’t a complete nightmare to buy some. Star Trek was no big deal neither was Transformers. But it is what it is, two hot commodities on a hot format.

NoOtherOptions

Postby NoOtherOptions » Tue May 10, 2022 11:10 pm

nascar246788 wrote:
FredKruger wrote:
NoOtherOptions wrote:

I mean it’s tough I feel for them. The nature of nfts make fighting bots very difficult. You can’t really do normal KYC, you’d have to block things like virtual cards, etc.

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Wed May 11, 2022 1:35 am

NoOtherOptions wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:
FredKruger wrote:

I mean it’s tough I feel for them. The nature of nfts make fighting bots very difficult. You can’t really do normal KYC, you’d have to block things like virtual cards, etc.

I think they will figure out something that is a bit better. Funko hasn't let us down yet.
Collecting since 2014

digithor

Postby digithor » Wed May 11, 2022 3:28 am

nascar246788 wrote:
FredKruger wrote:
NoOtherOptions wrote:

Aren't the people that run the droppp releases also the same people that run some of the wax blockchain releases?
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

gokou105

Postby gokou105 » Wed May 11, 2022 4:46 am

I still don't notice what bot measures they put in place...what were they?
Calvin

NoOtherOptions

Postby NoOtherOptions » Wed May 11, 2022 9:54 am

nascar246788 wrote:
NoOtherOptions wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:

I think they will figure out something that is a bit better. Funko hasn't let us down yet.

I mean the regular website got botted up until prices became not worth it for resellers. I think they can make it manageable just don’t know if it’ll full stop.

gokou105

Postby gokou105 » Wed May 11, 2022 11:35 am

NoOtherOptions wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:
NoOtherOptions wrote:

I mean the regular website got botted up until prices became not worth it for resellers. I think they can make it manageable just don’t know if it’ll full stop.

They probably need to follow the footsteps of NBA Top Shot with only 1 queue for each account no matter which browser/window you're on and KYC.
Calvin

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Wed May 11, 2022 11:40 am

gokou105 wrote:
They probably need to follow the footsteps of NBA Top Shot with only 1 queue for each account no matter which browser/window you're on and KYC.

If they did that and raised the buy limit to $150 or something I'd be okay with it if it meant more people got in. The only issue I see is that some bots probably made hundreds of Droppp accounts :(

gokou105

Postby gokou105 » Wed May 11, 2022 11:42 am

CaseyJones14 wrote:
gokou105 wrote:

If they did that and raised the buy limit to $150 or something I'd be okay with it if it meant more people got in. The only issue I see is that some bots probably made hundreds of Droppp accounts :(

But can they KYC every account? That would be the difficult part.
Calvin

jagpop

Postby jagpop » Wed May 11, 2022 1:52 pm

gokou105 wrote:I still don't notice what bot measures they put in place...what were they?

The Million Dollar Question.

I am not in danger, I am the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!

Batcavehero24

Postby Batcavehero24 » Wed May 11, 2022 3:38 pm

Wow, Wax prices are dropping. I can actually afford some packs now!
:SW7a:

MAKING FUN PREMIERE
FDO8
FUNKO HOLLYWOOD GRAND OPENING
SDCC 06-07 15-23
FUNDAYS 18-19-22
FUNKON 21
WONDERCON 23

JCFun

Postby JCFun » Wed May 11, 2022 4:04 pm

New to the NFTs. I was feeling a bit concerned that bots were skewing the reality of getting one, so are you all assuming it's an issue? And sorry if I'm asking a dumb question here.
Image ImageImageImage

ComicsZombie

Postby ComicsZombie » Wed May 11, 2022 4:07 pm

Finally figured out the crypto.com wax buy... Now I'm like $3 away from Nicktoons royalty
#BeastBoyShrine
ISO: >> \:D/ Any Beast Boy Proto (in White and color), & My Hero Academia Wave 2 Protos <<

"I don't collect LEGOs. I play with LEGOs. I don't play with Pops. I collect Pops."

IG: ComicsZombie
TW: @ComicsZombie
Tumblr: TheComicsZombie
YT: ComicsZombie

NoOtherOptions

Postby NoOtherOptions » Wed May 11, 2022 4:54 pm

Batcavehero24 wrote:Wow, Wax prices are dropping. I can actually afford some packs now!

Prices rebounded a bit. Strap in for a bumpy ride!

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Wed May 11, 2022 5:03 pm

NoOtherOptions wrote:
Batcavehero24 wrote:Wow, Wax prices are dropping. I can actually afford some packs now!

If by rebounded do you mean dropped 30% to almost 10 cents? lol

It's definitely going to be a bumpy ride though!

gokou105

Postby gokou105 » Wed May 11, 2022 7:15 pm

jagpop wrote:
gokou105 wrote:I still don't notice what bot measures they put in place...what were they?

The Million Dollar Question.

I just did whatever I did previously but I did notice this time the wait time was jumping all over the place which leads me to believe there was a bypass link.
Calvin

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Wed May 11, 2022 7:45 pm

Congrats, I love that It dropped and collectors are getting a chance to get what they need.
ISO Pockets Snapsie
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

NoOtherOptions

Postby NoOtherOptions » Wed May 11, 2022 10:02 pm

CaseyJones14 wrote:
NoOtherOptions wrote:

My point was more so it wasn’t a straight line. Wax I’m guessing will rebound when the rest does. Thankfully I don’t hold wax just pop nfts lol

scullysdad

Postby scullysdad » Thu May 12, 2022 11:25 am

With Wax down to 8¢, I wonder how that would affect future releases. I am pretty happy I am not holding any Wax and just using what I get to complete DC royalty. I sold an Epic from Scooby and got $15 while I was out getting dinner last night, it was down to $14 when I got home, and was $12.60 when I woke up this morning.
Please Funko make Taylor Swift Pops!

Most wanted non-Taylor Pops: Carson Teva, Naru from Prey, The Last of Us TV show

gokou105

Postby gokou105 » Thu May 12, 2022 11:29 am

scullysdad wrote:With Wax down to 8¢, I wonder how that would affect future releases. I am pretty happy I am not holding any Wax and just using what I get to complete DC royalty. I sold an Epic from Scooby and got $15 while I was out getting dinner last night, it was down to $14 when I got home, and was $12.60 when I woke up this morning.

If you think the market will bounce back up, it might be good to hold onto WAXP...could double or triple.
Calvin

gokou105

Postby gokou105 » Thu May 12, 2022 11:31 am

NoOtherOptions wrote:
CaseyJones14 wrote:
NoOtherOptions wrote:

My point was more so it wasn’t a straight line. Wax I’m guessing will rebound when the rest does. Thankfully I don’t hold wax just pop nfts lol

I held onto WAXP during the TMNT drop and forgot about it for a month or two...by then, the value doubled. I guess I got lucky. But if you think it'll bounce back, good time to buy WAXP...
Calvin

Return to “NFT/Digital”