Funko Digital Pops - NFT

Funko has entered the world of Non-fungible tokens!
CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Re: Funko Digital Pops - NFT

Postby CaseyJones14 » Sun Jun 19, 2022 6:06 pm

NCDS wrote:
Dsho333 wrote:
Imagery wrote:She's such a high-profile MLP, it's surprising she wasn't included

They aren't doing any of the mlp that already have pops. Rarity for whatever reason never had a pop in the original run even though she is one of the 6.

That makes a lot of sense. I like the idea of new characters instead of recycling the old.

I do feel bad for MLP collectors though since Rarity is the Grail.
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

Dsho333

Postby Dsho333 » Sun Jun 19, 2022 6:38 pm

CaseyJones14 wrote:
NCDS wrote:
Dsho333 wrote:
They aren't doing any of the mlp that already have pops. Rarity for whatever reason never had a pop in the original run even though she is one of the 6.

That makes a lot of sense. I like the idea of new characters instead of recycling the old.

I do feel bad for MLP collectors though since Rarity is the Grail.

Seems almost purposely done by Funko so they can guarantee a sell out of packs. Probably alot of upset collectors if they don't know how to work NFTs to finish their sets for a couple hundred dollars

Kal-El-051

Re: NFT Exclusives

Postby Kal-El-051 » Sun Jun 19, 2022 10:42 pm

NCDS wrote:
Kal-El-051 wrote:
scullysdad wrote:
You should also join the Wax and Droppp Discords, I have done all of my trading there and it’s saved me a lot of money.

I am not in either of those groups but you are absolutely right. NFT collecting has felt like the old days of Funko collecting. So many people out there willing to help when it comes to royalty. A lot of my sets were completed for very little because of the generosity of others.

I have to say I had a different experience the one drop I participated in to get the pops, but then I guess I didn't come here. I found people didn't want to help me because they were working on their 2nd and 3rd sets. I was extremely frustrated and felt like everyone was out for themselves. Though after I got frustrated I did find a funatic that gave me great advice, got me into a FB group, and I completed the set. Then also Theneck on the forum just gave me a bunch of NFT's to fill my set which was stolen by some hacker, that really frustrated me, and we learned a very valuable lesson. And he is so nice he just sent me more to help. His kindness when I was soooo upset was beyond what anyone needs to do. SO I ended up just buying one card with cash (one that was stolen by the hacker) and got my set.

Now I log in, if I get lucky, I grab a set and then I transfer it to a funatic at cost, hopefully, that helps one less funatic get as frustrated as I did.

Absolutely agree. I keep my eyes open for people looking for cards I have multiple of and just gift them away. I am afraid to post I have them because they may end up in the hands of somebody looking to complete their 2nd or 3rd set. I dont have a problem with that, just want to see somebody get my extras to complete their first.

Hgmaddhatter

Postby Hgmaddhatter » Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:15 am

Dsho333 wrote:
Imagery wrote:
NCDS wrote:Rainbow Dash is my favorite but since she didn't get a pop I will agree with you on Sunset Shimmer.

She's such a high-profile MLP, it's surprising she wasn't included

I'm not an MLP collector but these are super cute, I'm surprised there was such a large gap between releases but I'm happy for the collectors of the line. I kindof dig Spike Freddy, the ones that really transform Freddy are my absolute faves.
Image Image ImageImage

Dsho333

Postby Dsho333 » Mon Jun 20, 2022 12:29 pm

Hgmaddhatter wrote:I'm not an MLP collector but these are super cute, I'm surprised there was such a large gap between releases but I'm happy for the collectors of the line. I kindof dig Spike Freddy, the ones that really transform Freddy are my absolute faves.

Freddy as Spike is awesome, I'm hoping for some epic transformations at Fundays, like Freddy as Benson (Regular show) or Freddy as R2D2

MasterSplyntr

Postby MasterSplyntr » Mon Jun 20, 2022 12:34 pm

Zoinks! The Scooby-Doo Legendaries have really gone up. I should have bought the 2 I needed last week. Oops!
I be Chris

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Mon Jun 20, 2022 5:17 pm

Hgmaddhatter wrote:
Dsho333 wrote:
Imagery wrote:She's such a high-profile MLP, it's surprising she wasn't included

I'm not an MLP collector but these are super cute, I'm surprised there was such a large gap between releases but I'm happy for the collectors of the line. I kindof dig Spike Freddy, the ones that really transform Freddy are my absolute faves.

I love creature molds in general.
ISO Pockets Snapsie
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

Imagery
Hall of Fame Class of 2022
Hall of Fame Class of 2022

Postby Imagery » Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:49 pm

Hgmaddhatter wrote:
Dsho333 wrote:

Same, it's so much more fun when it's full-on cosplay vs. just an outfit change
Funklub member 2016000004714 a.k.a. Sarah
ISO: Ursula, 1/24 Freddy Mad Hatter; NBC Zero Mopeez; Despicable Me 3 Target exclusive PSHs; Freddy Flux Winky and Smiley; HT & Walmart exclusive Disney Villains MMs
Funko events attended: 2016 Fright Night; 2017 & 2018 FDO — Canada; Funkon 2021; Fundays Teams 2017 — Justice League, 2018 — Goonies, 2019 — Loko Moko, 2021 — Proto Punks, 2022 — Pop Protectors

Cmpotter
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby Cmpotter » Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:57 pm

NCDS wrote:
Kal-El-051 wrote:
scullysdad wrote:
You should also join the Wax and Droppp Discords, I have done all of my trading there and it’s saved me a lot of money.

I am not in either of those groups but you are absolutely right. NFT collecting has felt like the old days of Funko collecting. So many people out there willing to help when it comes to royalty. A lot of my sets were completed for very little because of the generosity of others.

I have to say I had a different experience the one drop I participated in to get the pops, but then I guess I didn't come here. I found people didn't want to help me because they were working on their 2nd and 3rd sets. I was extremely frustrated and felt like everyone was out for themselves. Though after I got frustrated I did find a funatic that gave me great advice, got me into a FB group, and I completed the set. Then also Theneck on the forum just gave me a bunch of NFT's to fill my set which was stolen by some hacker, that really frustrated me, and we learned a very valuable lesson. And he is so nice he just sent me more to help. His kindness when I was soooo upset was beyond what anyone needs to do. SO I ended up just buying one card with cash (one that was stolen by the hacker) and got my set.

Now I log in, if I get lucky, I grab a set and then I transfer it to a funatic at cost, hopefully, that helps one less funatic get as frustrated as I did.

Wait your NFTs got hacked and stolen!???? Whattttt :O that is insane and people are such jerks!! I haven’t tried to trade yet but I’ve had help from SnackDaddy in completing sets. This one I’ll try to join in on the discord because I really really want the freddy but we will see what happens.
Image Image

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Mon Jun 20, 2022 9:12 pm

Cmpotter wrote:
NCDS wrote:
Kal-El-051 wrote:

Wait your NFTs got hacked and stolen!???? Whattttt :O that is insane and people are such jerks!! I haven’t tried to trade yet but I’ve had help from SnackDaddy in completing sets. This one I’ll try to join in on the discord because I really really want the freddy but we will see what happens.

Yep, apparently they copy a trade that you send to a friend and if the friend accepts the wrong one all the NFT's are lost.
ISO Pockets Snapsie

willy wonka
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby willy wonka » Mon Jun 20, 2022 9:43 pm

NCDS wrote:
Cmpotter wrote:
NCDS wrote:

Yep, apparently they copy a trade that you send to a friend and if the friend accepts the wrong one all the NFT's are lost.

I didn't realize they could do that. Happy you completed your set!
Just call me Joe...

ImageImage
ISO: Freddy Mad Hatter LE 1/24, Mad Hatter Protos,
SDCC 4 Pack Dorbz(Found thanks to another Funatic)

Cmpotter
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby Cmpotter » Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:04 pm

NCDS wrote:
Cmpotter wrote:
NCDS wrote:

Wowwww I’m sorry that happened but good to know for future reference. Some people just suck :/
Image Image

scullysdad

Postby scullysdad » Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:55 pm

NCDS wrote:
Cmpotter wrote:
NCDS wrote:

I’ve heard about that happening, which is why I like to write up all of my trades. I also move everything to Droppp so if they ever hack me they will not get my expensive NFTs.
Please Funko make Taylor Swift Pops!

Most wanted non-Taylor Pops: Carson Teva, Naru from Prey, The Last of Us TV show

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Mon Jun 20, 2022 11:18 pm

Cmpotter wrote:
NCDS wrote:
Cmpotter wrote:

Wowwww I’m sorry that happened but good to know for future reference. Some people just suck :/

Just make sure you add a note on any trade and that the other person is expecting the note, for some reason that part isn't copied. Though now I make sure they know the note and the wallet ID.
ISO Pockets Snapsie

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:59 am

Patiently waiting for the Halloween set to ship. June is almost over... :-"

Trendkill24hr

Postby Trendkill24hr » Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:03 am

CaseyJones14 wrote:Patiently waiting for the Halloween set to ship. June is almost over... :-"

I was thinking that too, they have less than 2 weeks to meet that deadline. I can't wait to see them in person!
"Being a geek means never having to play it cool about how much you like something" Simon Pegg

Call me C.J. :)
Events: Fundays 2022 & 2023, Fright Night 2022, FDO9
Collection: 372 pieces as of 03/25/24
ISO Proto: Paka Paka Dragon

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:41 am

CaseyJones14 wrote:Patiently waiting for the Halloween set to ship. June is almost over... :-"

bakivali

Postby bakivali » Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:29 am

SDCC vacation is coming up so they need to either ship now or wait until the end of July :-k

scullysdad

Postby scullysdad » Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:03 pm

Two factor authentication was just added to Droppp - great news!

Most wanted non-Taylor Pops: Carson Teva, Naru from Prey, The Last of Us TV show

Dsho333

Postby Dsho333 » Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:11 pm

scullysdad wrote:Two factor authentication was just added to Droppp - great news!

Thanks just updated!

MajorLeaguePops

Postby MajorLeaguePops » Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:17 pm

I've been away from the Funko game for awhile. And I'm very confused on how this all works. So when I went to the website it looks like it says you need a complete set of every version. (Common through legendary) of each character in order to redeem? Am I reading that correctly?

I want to make sure I understand it in the event there's some pops I want through this. As I don't think MLP is my speed.

L3g3nD33

Postby L3g3nD33 » Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:33 pm

MajorLeaguePops wrote:I've been away from the Funko game for awhile. And I'm very confused on how this all works. So when I went to the website it looks like it says you need a complete set of every version. (Common through legendary) of each character in order to redeem? Am I reading that correctly?

I want to make sure I understand it in the event there's some pops I want through this. As I don't think MLP is my speed.

For any particular set, you need to collect one of each of the common, uncommon, rare and epic in order to complete the royalty set and be eligible to redeem for that set's Freddy Funko. The Legendary and Grail are separate and each one entitles the holder to redeem for that NFTs physical version.
Collecting Funko since 2016
Funko Fundays 2018, 2022, 2023
Funko Fright Night 2022
Funatics Day Out 9
San Diego Comic-Con 2019, 2022, 2023, 2024
New York Comic Con 2021, 2022, 2023

Image Image Image Image Image

L3g3nD33

Postby L3g3nD33 » Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:35 pm

Serious... I have a couple of Devil Freddy and was hoping to bring one of them to Fundays as trade bait.
Collecting Funko since 2016
Funko Fundays 2018, 2022, 2023
Funko Fright Night 2022
Funatics Day Out 9
San Diego Comic-Con 2019, 2022, 2023, 2024
New York Comic Con 2021, 2022, 2023

Image Image Image Image Image

MajorLeaguePops

Postby MajorLeaguePops » Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:08 pm

L3g3nD33 wrote:
MajorLeaguePops wrote:I've been away from the Funko game for awhile. And I'm very confused on how this all works. So when I went to the website it looks like it says you need a complete set of every version. (Common through legendary) of each character in order to redeem? Am I reading that correctly?

For any particular set, you need to collect one of each of the common, uncommon, rare and epic in order to complete the royalty set and be eligible to redeem for that set's Freddy Funko. The Legendary and Grail are separate and each one entitles the holder to redeem for that NFTs physical version.

So complete the set of: Co, UnCo, Ra, Ep = Freddy
1 card of Legendary or grail = pop.

bakivali

Postby bakivali » Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:27 pm

bakivali wrote:So my Leo Grail came damaged. Good news is that they’ll replace it but bad news is that I had to send mine back first. And if the replacement is also damaged I can’t get another replacement. Does everything with Droppp have to involve a gamble?

To follow up, I have finally received my replacement and it is in much better condition than the old one. Though the process did take just over three months of back and forth emailing with Droppp support, so I guess take that into consideration if anyone else is considering trying for a replacement.

Oatmealman

Postby Oatmealman » Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:06 pm

Good luck on the queue starting in less than an hour!
Matt
IG Oatmealman2287

Dsho333

Postby Dsho333 » Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:55 pm

So glad droppp got rid of the ability to use multiple browsers/devices, hopefully more people get packs instead of a few getting a ton.

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:58 pm

Dsho333 wrote:So glad droppp got rid of the ability to use multiple browsers/devices, hopefully more people get packs instead of a few getting a ton.

You can still use multiple browsers.

Dsho333

Postby Dsho333 » Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:58 pm

CaseyJones14 wrote:
Dsho333 wrote:So glad droppp got rid of the ability to use multiple browsers/devices, hopefully more people get packs instead of a few getting a ton.

I tried, didn't work, said I was already had a queue it open

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:59 pm

Dsho333 wrote:
CaseyJones14 wrote:

Was a temporary issue. We'll see what happens here in a minute though.

Dsho333

Postby Dsho333 » Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:01 pm

CaseyJones14 wrote:
Dsho333 wrote:
CaseyJones14 wrote:

Was a temporary issue. We'll see what happens here in a minute though.

Interesting, it should be a permanent fix to prevent people from bypassing the queue by having multiple checkouts

supertoygiant
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby supertoygiant » Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:31 pm

Didn’t make it past the queue :(
1st pop Marvel Thor bobble head and Captain America (2011) Walked into booth at SDCC and purchased in less than 5 minutes.

COTM 5/2019

FUNKLUB MEMBER #1893

1st dorbz Funko shop Freddy.

ISO CM Punk NIB or OOB

Jaxnole07

Postby Jaxnole07 » Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:04 pm

supertoygiant wrote:Didn’t make it past the queue :(

Same. Had some wax and bought a couple standard packs in AH and just a couple Epics. Blah!

they_call_me_alex

Postby they_call_me_alex » Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:27 am

I was able to buy a few packs directly and then a few packs from AtomicHub at a very small premium. Unfortunately no Grail and very few Epics, but got a couple of Legendary's.
Then I had to complete my Royalty set to secure the Freddy Spike. He's so cute and I love the color.

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Thu Jun 30, 2022 5:51 pm

Halloween shipping emails just went out! :devil:

scullysdad

Postby scullysdad » Thu Jun 30, 2022 5:55 pm

I just got my shipping email too - when they said June, they meant it at least lol

Rice71

Postby Rice71 » Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:01 pm

Woohoo just got tracking email.
ImageImage
ImageImage

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:09 pm

Just got mine, let’s gooooo! :freddy1:

Trendkill24hr

Postby Trendkill24hr » Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:11 pm

I got my tracking just now too! I can't wait to see these devilish Freddys!
"Being a geek means never having to play it cool about how much you like something" Simon Pegg

Call me C.J. :)
Events: Fundays 2022 & 2023, Fright Night 2022, FDO9
Collection: 372 pieces as of 03/25/24
ISO Proto: Paka Paka Dragon

kickinit

Postby kickinit » Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:28 pm

Ditto, hopefully it will be in hand in a day or two

Return to “NFT/Digital”