Funko Digital Pops - NFT

Funko has entered the world of Non-fungible tokens!
yupyeahuhhuh

Re: Funko Digital Pops - NFT

Postby yupyeahuhhuh » Sun Jun 05, 2022 7:02 pm

I havent purchased NFTs since TMNT/BB, can someone remind me, does the redemption snapshot take place on both the AtomicHub marketplace and droppp? So, if I leave all the cards as a set in Droppp, I'll be able to get a royalty coin, or do I need to move my cards over to AtomicHub Marketplace?

L3g3nD33

Postby L3g3nD33 » Sun Jun 05, 2022 8:35 pm

yupyeahuhhuh wrote:I havent purchased NFTs since TMNT/BB, can someone remind me, does the redemption snapshot take place on both the AtomicHub marketplace and droppp? So, if I leave all the cards as a set in Droppp, I'll be able to get a royalty coin, or do I need to move my cards over to AtomicHub Marketplace?

Snapshot takes place on both but you can only redeem for physical pop on Droppp.
Collecting Funko since 2016
Funko Fundays 2018, 2022, 2023
Funko Fright Night 2022
Funatics Day Out 9
San Diego Comic-Con 2019, 2022, 2023, 2024
New York Comic Con 2021, 2022, 2023

Image Image Image Image Image

Jaxnole07

Postby Jaxnole07 » Sun Jun 05, 2022 8:40 pm

Deleted…..

Hgmaddhatter

Postby Hgmaddhatter » Sun Jun 05, 2022 10:07 pm

Trendkill24hr wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:
Trendkill24hr wrote:
I personally like where the redeemables are sitting at as NFTs right now, so im not looking forward to them costing more on the secondary market because of such. lol

While I haven't read into it I imagine it will just let you buy it for whatever the wax value is but the seller is still going to be recieveing wax, so technically your still buying wax your just paying whatever fees and rate exchange each transaction. Again could be wrong, but the whole market is built on wax so I don't see them getting rid of it, just making it more accessible. This could actually cost the buyer a lot more in the long run, although I do understand not wanting to deal with fluctuations in waxp.

I did read about it after this conversation came up, it will be interesting how it plays out. But, I anticipate there will be more fees than just buying/trading for wax

True! I'm definitely curious to see how it all affects the market.
Image Image ImageImage

conventiongeek

Postby conventiongeek » Mon Jun 06, 2022 12:20 am

What's next in line?

digithor

Postby digithor » Mon Jun 06, 2022 2:07 am

yupyeahuhhuh wrote:I havent purchased NFTs since TMNT/BB, can someone remind me, does the redemption snapshot take place on both the AtomicHub marketplace and droppp? So, if I leave all the cards as a set in Droppp, I'll be able to get a royalty coin, or do I need to move my cards over to AtomicHub Marketplace?

Just make sure everything in together in one of those places and not split.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

Dsho333

Postby Dsho333 » Mon Jun 06, 2022 7:04 am

conventiongeek wrote:What's next in line?

They haven't announced yet, drops seem to be happening about once a month now, so I could see an announcement in a week or so for something to drop towards the end of the month.

RedRoo

Postby RedRoo » Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:40 am

Dsho333 wrote:
conventiongeek wrote:What's next in line?

They haven't announced yet, drops seem to be happening about once a month now, so I could see an announcement in a week or so for something to drop towards the end of the month.

i think in 2 weeks with 1 week left in the month for the drop itself
~Guy
TEAM BACON!
"With blood and rage of crimson red,

Ripped from a corpse so freshly dead,

Together with our hellish hate,

We'll burn you all--that is your fate!"

ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Mon Jun 06, 2022 1:09 pm

Trendkill24hr wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:
Dsho333 wrote:
I wouldn't purchase wax either, from selling your NFTs you will receive wax and if you need to buy just use a credit card. Almost makes wax pointless but whatever. Redeemables will probably go up as the barrier to entry is removed like you said. It will be interesting to see what happens.

Yeah this gets very interesting. It does seem to make wax pointless. It makes it less likely for me to get wax to buy on the secondary market. I wonder if credit cards would still deny the transaction like they do with wax.

Im thinking the transactions would take a bit more processing, and that could effect you getting it before someone that has WAX, but IDK really

That is an interesting theory of how wax can still be valuable to hold in terms of purchasing ability.
Collecting since 2014

cmasicampo

Postby cmasicampo » Mon Jun 06, 2022 5:28 pm

DC Royalty complete! Moving on to Kellog's. Still no luck pulling redeemables from packs though, but I'm addicted lol
I’m Chris
IG @CMonstercampo

ImageImage

theraven00

Postby theraven00 » Mon Jun 06, 2022 5:30 pm

cmasicampo wrote:DC Royalty complete! Moving on to Kellog's. Still no luck pulling redeemables from packs though, but I'm addicted lol

Wow, congrats on completing DC. I gave up after opening 2 Premium and not getting any redeemables (and only a couple Epics). Figured I'd save for the next drop, which turned out okay with Kellogg's. Good luck with completing that set, at least it's much smaller.
Poppin'

Beaniiman

NFT Exclusives

Postby Beaniiman » Mon Jun 06, 2022 6:10 pm

What are your thoughts on these? I have a few and think they are fantastic but it takes a lot of effort to get them.

Ben
ßeaniiman :freddy3:

Marvel_Mama

Re: NFT Exclusives

Postby Marvel_Mama » Mon Jun 06, 2022 6:24 pm

I love trying the latest stuff. Keeping up with the times. This was a lot to learn and still learning but i am getting into the swing of things. Its work but it makes the Pops so much more exciting to get for me. Labor of love so to speak. I like that it still involves the community and you can do on your own. Much more fun to trade and work with others to complete a set.
Diedre Loves her Funko Family
marvel_mama444 on insta - formerly Divade23 Marvel_Mama

ghost_yamasaki

Postby ghost_yamasaki » Mon Jun 06, 2022 6:32 pm

divade23 wrote:I love trying the latest stuff. Keeping up with the times. This was a lot to learn and still learning but i am getting into the swing of things. Its work but it makes the Pops so much more exciting to get for me. Labor of love so to speak. I like that it still involves the community and you can do on your own. Much more fun to trade and work with others to complete a set.

Tell me about it. I’ve been so out of it. I can’t keep up!!
ImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImage

ISO: Con LE Exclusives | All Freddys | Iron Maiden Protos | Always trading, so PM me |

IG: @cometlodgecollectibles | aka: asianlukecage

Hgmaddhatter

Postby Hgmaddhatter » Mon Jun 06, 2022 6:34 pm

divade23 wrote:I love trying the latest stuff. Keeping up with the times. This was a lot to learn and still learning but i am getting into the swing of things. Its work but it makes the Pops so much more exciting to get for me. Labor of love so to speak. I like that it still involves the community and you can do on your own. Much more fun to trade and work with others to complete a set.

They are definitely a lot more work than walking into a store or adding to cart online lol
Image Image ImageImage

Marvel_Mama

Postby Marvel_Mama » Mon Jun 06, 2022 6:37 pm

Hgmaddhatter wrote:

They are definitely a lot more work than walking into a store or adding to cart online lol

LOL thats for sure. Its more like a treasure hunt, mystery box, chase hunt, all in one. while doing hand stands. :roflmao:

Hgmaddhatter

Postby Hgmaddhatter » Mon Jun 06, 2022 6:43 pm

divade23 wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:

LOL thats for sure. Its more like a treasure hunt, mystery box, chase hunt, all in one. while doing hand stands. :roflmao:

Hahaha yes! When it was first announced I had my husband explain how to buy crypto and everything lol I was hopeless
Image Image ImageImage

Marvel_Mama

Postby Marvel_Mama » Mon Jun 06, 2022 7:02 pm

Hgmaddhatter wrote:
divade23 wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:They are definitely a lot more work than walking into a store or adding to cart online lol

Hahaha yes! When it was first announced I had my husband explain how to buy crypto and everything lol I was hopeless

I felt hopeless at first too. Man alive its a whole new world for sure. I am having fun tho, keeps me busy with Funko all the time lol. They got me hooked.

Hgmaddhatter

Postby Hgmaddhatter » Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:54 pm

divade23 wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:
divade23 wrote:LOL thats for sure. Its more like a treasure hunt, mystery box, chase hunt, all in one. while doing hand stands. :roflmao:

I felt hopeless at first too. Man alive its a whole new world for sure. I am having fun tho, keeps me busy with Funko all the time lol. They got me hooked.

I told my husband it's worse than gambling for me because not only are there prizes but I don't have to leave the house!! :roflmao:
Image Image ImageImage

Marvel_Mama

Postby Marvel_Mama » Mon Jun 06, 2022 10:00 pm

Hgmaddhatter wrote:
divade23 wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:Hahaha yes! When it was first announced I had my husband explain how to buy crypto and everything lol I was hopeless

I told my husband it's worse than gambling for me because not only are there prizes but I don't have to leave the house!! :roflmao:

LMAO thats sooooo true!!! danger danger. whenever we get bored, its like oooo lets buy a pack. ](*,)

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Mon Jun 06, 2022 10:11 pm

Hgmaddhatter wrote:
divade23 wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:They are definitely a lot more work than walking into a store or adding to cart online lol

And then I made her show me, I wasn't hopeless, just lazy :roflmao:
ISO Pockets Snapsie
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

Hgmaddhatter

Postby Hgmaddhatter » Mon Jun 06, 2022 10:31 pm

NCDS wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:
divade23 wrote:LOL thats for sure. Its more like a treasure hunt, mystery box, chase hunt, all in one. while doing hand stands. :roflmao:

You figured it out and got what you needed!! That's what's important.
Image Image ImageImage

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Mon Jun 06, 2022 10:44 pm

Hgmaddhatter wrote:
NCDS wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:Hahaha yes! When it was first announced I had my husband explain how to buy crypto and everything lol I was hopeless

I like to say it was efficiency. No reason you have to learn the hard way.
ISO Pockets Snapsie
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

squidward

Postby squidward » Mon Jun 06, 2022 10:52 pm

NCDS wrote:
Hgmaddhatter wrote:
NCDS wrote: And then I made her show me, I wasn't hopeless, just lazy :roflmao:

I like to say it was efficiency. No reason you have to learn the hard way.

I needed Maddhatter's help, too. The crypto stuff is very confusing.
Member of TUFF. Attended: Fundays 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, Virtual 2021, 2022. HQ Grand Opening. Hollywood Grand Opening. Making Fun Premiere. Funkon 1 & 2. Fright Night 1. Multiple SDCC, NYCC, ECCC, Fugitive Parties. Lover of Funko Artist Sketches.

0mie

Postby 0mie » Mon Jun 06, 2022 11:06 pm

If they do DBZ, I’m not sure I’ll be able to contain myself!

My NFT collections zlyau.wam | wallet.dp | funatic.ftw
FUNKLUB MEMBER #1337

Vertigo813

Postby Vertigo813 » Mon Jun 06, 2022 11:33 pm

cmasicampo wrote:DC Royalty complete! Moving on to Kellog's. Still no luck pulling redeemables from packs though, but I'm addicted lol

Congrats! That Batman Freddy is awesome. I am in the same boat, no luck pulling redeemables from packs, the few I have are from buying in the secondary market.
Image Image

Vertigo813

Postby Vertigo813 » Mon Jun 06, 2022 11:35 pm

0mie wrote:If they do DBZ, I’m not sure I’ll be able to contain myself!

If they do I sure hope they release a ton of packs. A DBZ drop would be crazy popular. I would definitely be in for it!
Image Image

plasticempire

Postby plasticempire » Mon Jun 06, 2022 11:36 pm

Funko nailed it with NFTs The only ones worth buying because you have a chance at a physical redemption

ETphonehome

Postby ETphonehome » Mon Jun 06, 2022 11:58 pm

plasticempire wrote:Funko nailed it with NFTs The only ones worth buying because you have a chance at a physical redemption

Agreed, but a few royalty looks good too. Personally, the legendary looks better imo

yupyeahuhhuh

Postby yupyeahuhhuh » Tue Jun 07, 2022 12:19 am

Are most of you holding on to the NFTs after redemption as well? Are you moving them over to droppp or keeping the in the marketplace? I been keeping mostly everything in Atomic, and wonder if I should just move sets over to droppp to keep indefinitely and sell off the duplicates.

ArmyGuy2017

Email

Postby ArmyGuy2017 » Tue Jun 07, 2022 12:32 am

When do we think the Halloween email is coming
Attended Fundays : 2017,2018,2019,2022,2023 FDO9 Valencia Funko Hollywood Grand Opening 2022 Mask O Raid

cmasicampo

Postby cmasicampo » Tue Jun 07, 2022 5:48 am

Vertigo813 wrote:

Congrats! That Batman Freddy is awesome. I am in the same boat, no luck pulling redeemables from packs, the few I have are from buying in the secondary market.

Thanks Brian! Great hearing from you!

The Batman Freddy is one of my favorites of the Royalties so far. Very happy to have completed it.

Hope we both finally get lucky with the pack pulls on those redeemables!
I’m Chris
IG @CMonstercampo

ImageImage

theraven00

Postby theraven00 » Tue Jun 07, 2022 6:07 am

yupyeahuhhuh wrote:Are most of you holding on to the NFTs after redemption as well? Are you moving them over to droppp or keeping the in the marketplace? I been keeping mostly everything in Atomic, and wonder if I should just move sets over to droppp to keep indefinitely and sell off the duplicates.

I've mostly been keeping my sets, but not necessarily dupes. With Funko recently distributing NFTs to people holding past NFTs (4 random selections per month, I believe?) it gives a little extra motivation to keep some of the older NFTs.

Not sure it really matters if you keep them in your Wax wallet with Atomic or Droppp. I did see someone theorize it might be safer to keep them in the Wax wallet since it has a bit safer authentication vs Droppp.
Poppin'

yupyeahuhhuh

Postby yupyeahuhhuh » Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:21 am

theraven00 wrote:I've mostly been keeping my sets, but not necessarily dupes. With Funko recently distributing NFTs to people holding past NFTs (4 random selections per month, I believe?) it gives a little extra motivation to keep some of the older NFTs.

Not sure it really matters if you keep them in your Wax wallet with Atomic or Droppp. I did see someone theorize it might be safer to keep them in the Wax wallet since it has a bit safer authentication vs Droppp.

Good to know. Thanks. I didn’t realize the random drops were based off what you already have. Thought it was just random.

scullysdad

Postby scullysdad » Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:26 am

It can be on either one, but if you get the redemption token in your Wax wallet/Atomic Hub then you need to transfer it to Droppp in order to redeem. And FYI, the redemption process is super easy too.
Please Funko make Taylor Swift Pops!

Most wanted non-Taylor Pops: Carson Teva, Naru from Prey, The Last of Us TV show

Trendkill24hr

Postby Trendkill24hr » Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:41 am

and easier too! I totally agree with this
"Being a geek means never having to play it cool about how much you like something" Simon Pegg

Call me C.J. :)
Events: Fundays 2022 & 2023, Fright Night 2022, FDO9
Collection: 372 pieces as of 03/25/24
ISO Proto: Paka Paka Dragon

Trendkill24hr

Postby Trendkill24hr » Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:43 am

yupyeahuhhuh wrote:Are most of you holding on to the NFTs after redemption as well? Are you moving them over to droppp or keeping the in the marketplace? I been keeping mostly everything in Atomic, and wonder if I should just move sets over to droppp to keep indefinitely and sell off the duplicates.

I sell off the duplicates but I keep sets just incase I can get the bonus NFTs they have been giving out.
"Being a geek means never having to play it cool about how much you like something" Simon Pegg

Call me C.J. :)
Events: Fundays 2022 & 2023, Fright Night 2022, FDO9
Collection: 372 pieces as of 03/25/24
ISO Proto: Paka Paka Dragon

Tusken

Re: Email

Postby Tusken » Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:59 am

Probably after we get a SDCC/Fundays update would be my guess. :freddy3:
Hi I'm Tusken.
Top Fan Badge of Funko, Funko Europe, Funko (Hollywood), Funko Games, Funko Blitz
Funko Winner of Danger Mouse 2021 - Twitter
Image Image Image Image

Vertigo813

Postby Vertigo813 » Tue Jun 07, 2022 3:28 pm

cmasicampo wrote:
Vertigo813 wrote:

Thanks Brian! Great hearing from you!

The Batman Freddy is one of my favorites of the Royalties so far. Very happy to have completed it.

Hope we both finally get lucky with the pack pulls on those redeemables!

For sure, I hope things are going well for you!

I know right! Hopefully our luck will turn with the next drop! These NFT packs totally bring me back to when I was younger buying baseball cards and MTG packs. If anything it’s been a nice ride on the nostalgia train having the excitement of opening packs again.
Image Image

muscleheadfunkopop

Postby muscleheadfunkopop » Tue Jun 07, 2022 4:05 pm

Didn't partake in this last dropped. DC drop wore me OUT! If I do like every other drop...I be cool. I'm hoping that the next drop is a 80's theme release [-o< [-o< [-o<
Funko Funatic Shoutouts! #9
Fundays 2014◇2015◇2016◇2017◇2018◇2019◇2021V◇2022◇2023
FDO6 SF◇FDO7 Sackanda & LA◇FDO8 SF◇FDO9 Sackanda
Fright Night◇HQ Grand Opening◇Making Fun Movie Premiere◇FunKon Hollywood◇Fright Night II

Instagram: @muscleheadfunkopop #SODAWasted
Facebook: Iz Salazar

Return to “NFT/Digital”