NFTs: How to Buy!

Funko has entered the world of Non-fungible tokens!

NFTs: How to Buy!

Postby Moderator » Fri Apr 22, 2022 12:08 am

Here is a simple walk-through of how to get involved with Funko's new NFT offerings.
PLEASE READ THE "NFTS: TIPS AND GUIDELINES" POST PINNED AT THE TOP OF THIS FORUM.

You want to pick up some NFTs? Cool. So fashion-forward. Let's get started!

1) Make a free account at Droppp.io (they also have an option to choose your own handle for $5). This is where your cards and collections will be hosted and kept. You can see what you've got and what you're missing, as well as transfer any you have to the Marketplace to trade/sell.

2) Make a WAX Blockchain account wallet at Wallet.Wax.io (WAX is a type of blockchain currency used to buy and sell NFTs on the marketplace). This is the currency in which the value of your collection will be calculated.

3)
Make a free account at Wax.AtomicHub.io (this is the largest NFT marketplace for Funko drops and the easiest way to buy/sell/trade).

4) NFT sales only last for an hour! Any packs leftover for sale will be "burned" and the only way to purchase unopened packs after the initial sale is second-hand through the marketplace. Packs typically will sell out during this time as the market for these is HUGE.

5) TRANSACTIONS:
Drops are actually for sale at digital.funko.com. Funko will always post the day and time a new series will drop. When the sale starts, each user is dropped into a random spot in the queue. Each pass through the line will allow you a $60 transaction limit.

6) PACKS: Currently there are two types of packs you can purchase during a drop: Standard packs have 5 cards; Premium packs have 15 cards. (Note that this is subject to change at anytime by Funko)

7) CARDS: there are seven different types of cards you can get from packs! Common (50.38 % chance), Uncommon (26.99% chance), Rare (14.95% chance), Epic (6% chance), Legendary (1.2% chance), Grail (0.48% chance), and the 1:1, of which there is only one in the entire series.
:freddy1: Pulling a Legendary will net you a redeemable Pop or Soda!
:freddy1: Pulling a Grail will net you a redeemable Pop or Soda!
But don't fret- if you do not pull any of those, you can still go for the Royalty Set. With each series you have the option to acquire a different redeemable Pop! - the Freddy Funko edition. If you can manage to collect one of each Common, Uncommon, Rare, and Epic card before the cutoff date stated by Funko (usually 4 months after the original sale) in your Droppp account, you will have the opportunity to obtain the Royalty Freddy redeemable.
:freddy1: BE ADVISED; the Royalty Set is no easy task. But the payoff is a SUPER SWEET Exclusive Freddy!

8) MARKETPLACE: Atomic Hub is a safe marketplace to buy & sell NFTs. Its currency is in WAX but you can import or export to USD currency (with an exchange fee). You can transfer your NFTs from Droppp to AH by using the "transfer" function in Droppp, and you can transfer the other direction or to other users as well. BE SURE YOU DOUBLE AND TRIPLE CHECK YOUR WAX WALLET ACCOUNT NAME BEFORE MAKING ANY TRANSFERS!! Transfers cannot be cancelled once initiated. Take some time to explore the marketplace and your own items! There is a search "explorer" function you can use to search for previous Funko series!

9) REDEMPTION:
Redemption is through Droppp.io. If you're trying to acquire any Redeemable NFTs for physical pops, you'll want to pay close attention to the "Redemption tracker" and "complete by" date in Droppp. Select the series you're interested in viewing and you'll see if there's still time to redeem NFTs. Once the Redemption date occurs, Funko will automatically send any wallets with qualifying NFTs a "redemption token" for the appropriate physical pop. You'll need to submit the info for your redemption to make sure you get it! The redemption period is 30 days, and any unclaimed redemption tokens are "burned" and forfeited by the user. This means that the phsyical number of that prize is lower than the maximum offered (i.e. - if a Royalty Freddy offered in a maximum of 3K units, and only 2,000 qualify, but only 1,000 submit their redemption tokens, that Freddy is Limited Edition of 1,000 rather than the originally offered 3,000).

Keep in mind that some or all of this information could change with any drop and is subject to terms and conditions set forth by Funko and their partners. Have questions or comments? If things change in the future or adjustments need made, this post will be updated. Thanks for reading through and maybe luck be ever in your favor!
We are watching
"Contact us" is now working, send us an email at funaticmods@gmail.com

Valde
HOF 2022 & CotM
HOF 2022 & CotM

Re: NFTs: How to Buy!

Postby Valde » Sat Apr 23, 2022 12:02 pm

Do I need to create a Wax wallet account if I just want to buy the packs from Droppp and none from the secondary market?

I have never gotten to the checkout line on Droppp. To make a purchase when I get to checkout am I able to use a credit card, debit card or Pyapal? Or do I need a Wax wallet?

These are questions I can probably ask some friends however I would like everyone to know the answers. Jumping into this is confusing a scary for a lot of us.
Grail: Super Freddy
Jason - va1de on Instagram
ImageImageImage

Mawhonic7

Postby Mawhonic7 » Sat Apr 23, 2022 12:16 pm

Thank you. Excellent breakdown of the Funko NFT process for a newbie like myself. Seems a little less intimidating than I thought.
Hi! I’m Eric

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Sat Apr 23, 2022 12:17 pm

Valde wrote:Do I need to create a Wax wallet account if I just want to buy the packs from Droppp and none from the secondary market?

I have never gotten to the checkout line on Droppp. To make a purchase when I get to checkout am I able to use a credit card, debit card or Pyapal? Or do I need a Wax wallet?

These are questions I can probably ask some friends however I would like everyone to know the answers. Jumping into this is confusing a scary for a lot of us.

1. You do not need a Wax wallet to buy packs. The Wax wallet is only necessary if you want to buy/sell NFT’s on the secondary market.

2. The checkout for packs is credit card, Apple Pay or Google Pay.

https://digital.funko.com/faq is another great source for information on any questions.
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

supertoygiant
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby supertoygiant » Sat Apr 23, 2022 12:31 pm

I haven't been been able to get past the queue :(
1st pop Marvel Thor bobble head and Captain America (2011) Walked into booth at SDCC and purchased in less than 5 minutes.

COTM 5/2019

FUNKLUB MEMBER #1893

1st dorbz Funko shop Freddy.

ISO CM Punk NIB or OOB

Hgmaddhatter

Postby Hgmaddhatter » Sat Apr 23, 2022 7:58 pm

So far havent had any issues with the new Droppp system, I'm very excited to see the future of the NFTs. I cant wait to redeem all my lucky draws!!
Image Image ImageImage

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Sat Apr 23, 2022 8:01 pm

I agree, I think it's been a lot smoother since Droppp took over and it's a fair system that gives everyone a chance.
ISO Pockets Snapsie
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

0mie

Postby 0mie » Sat Apr 23, 2022 8:16 pm

Keep in mind, if you haven’t created a wax wallet you’ll need some wax to get started; they did this to prevent bots just creating a million free accounts. It’s ~$1 to create a new wax wallet if you’ve never created one, wax wallet isn’t strictly needed unless you plan on buying second hand.

My NFT collections zlyau.wam | wallet.dp | funatic.ftw
FUNKLUB MEMBER #1337

Kitzka
HoF 2017 & CotM
HoF 2017 & CotM

Postby Kitzka » Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:12 am

This is so helpful. I mean I think I need to read it like 15 more times. But super helpful.

Looking for Care Bear Protos

FunkOCD

Postby FunkOCD » Tue Apr 26, 2022 1:36 am

Moderator wrote:
Spoiler: show
Here is a simple walk-through of how to get involved with Funko's new NFT offerings.
PLEASE READ THE "NFTS: TIPS AND GUIDELINES" POST PINNED AT THE TOP OF THIS FORUM.

1) Make a free account at Droppp.io (they also have an option to choose your own handle for $5). This is where your cards and collections will be hosted and kept. You can see what you've got and what you're missing, as well as transfer any you have to the Marketplace to trade/sell.

2) Make a WAX Blockchain account wallet at Wallet.Wax.io (WAX is a type of blockchain currency used to buy and sell NFTs on the marketplace). This is the currency in which the value of your collection will be calculated.

3) Make a free account at Wax.AtomicHub.io (this is the largest NFT marketplace for Funko drops and the easiest way to buy/sell/trade).
Spoiler: show
4) NFT sales only last for an hour! Any packs leftover for sale will be "burned" and the only way to purchase unopened packs after the initial sale is second-hand through the marketplace. Packs typically will sell out during this time as the market for these is HUGE.

5) TRANSACTIONS:
Drops are actually for sale at digital.funko.com. Funko will always post the day and time a new series will drop. When the sale starts, each user is dropped into a random spot in the queue. Each pass through the line will allow you a $60 transaction limit.

6) PACKS: Currently there are two types of packs you can purchase during a drop: Standard packs have 5 cards; Premium packs have 15 cards. (Note that this is subject to change at anytime by Funko)

7) CARDS: there are seven different types of cards you can get from packs! Common (50.38 % chance), Uncommon (26.99% chance), Rare (14.95% chance), Epic (6% chance), Legendary (1.2% chance), Grail (0.48% chance), and the 1:1, of which there is only one in the entire series.
But don't fret- if you do not pull any of those, you can still go for the Royalty Set. With each series you have the option to acquire a different redeemable Pop! - the Freddy Funko edition. If you can manage to collect one of each Common, Uncommon, Rare, and Epic card before the cutoff date stated by Funko (usually 4 months after the original sale) in your Droppp account, you will have the opportunity to obtain the Royalty Freddy redeemable.
:freddy1: BE ADVISED; the Royalty Set is no easy task. But the payoff is a SUPER SWEET Exclusive Freddy!

8) MARKETPLACE: Atomic Hub is a safe marketplace to buy & sell NFTs. Its currency is in WAX but you can import or export to USD currency (with an exchange fee). You can transfer your NFTs from Droppp to AH by using the "transfer" function in Droppp, and you can transfer the other direction or to other users as well. BE SURE YOU DOUBLE AND TRIPLE CHECK YOUR WAX WALLET ACCOUNT NAME BEFORE MAKING ANY TRANSFERS!! Transfers cannot be cancelled once initiated. Take some time to explore the marketplace and your own items! There is a search "explorer" function you can use to search for previous Funko series!

9) REDEMPTION:
Redemption is through Droppp.io. If you're trying to acquire any Redeemable NFTs for physical pops, you'll want to pay close attention to the "Redemption tracker" and "complete by" date in Droppp. Select the series you're interested in viewing and you'll see if there's still time to redeem NFTs. Once the Redemption date occurs, Funko will automatically send any wallets with qualifying NFTs a "redemption token" for the appropriate physical pop. You'll need to submit the info for your redemption to make sure you get it! The redemption period is 30 days, and any unclaimed redemption tokens are "burned" and forfeited by the user. This means that the phsyical number of that prize is lower than the maximum offered (i.e. - if a Royalty Freddy offered in a maximum of 3K units, and only 2,000 qualify, but only 1,000 submit their redemption tokens, that Freddy is Limited Edition of 1,000 rather than the originally offered 3,000).

Keep in mind that some or all of this information could change with any drop and is subject to terms and conditions set forth by Funko and their partners. Have questions or comments? If things change in the future or adjustments need made, this post will be updated. Thanks for reading through and maybe luck be ever in your favor!

Step 3 is off; you don't need to create an additional account on Atomic Hub, you just need to associate your Wax Wallet you created in the prior step.

Additionally, missing the pricing info for Standard Packs at $9.99 or Premium Packs at $29.99, unless that's changing in the near future (if that's why this pertinent info was left out originally).

Lastly, while you can activate Two Factor Authentication (2FA) ON Atomic Hub and Wax (Droppp still does not have 2FA), AH has had it's fair share of thievery and people losing grails and legendaries in the process (this has been well documented on Discord and even some servers creating ad hoc lists of wallets that have stolen and/or scammed collectors). Caveat emptor as they say! Never blindly accept trades from someone who haven't actively discussed a deal with, and double checked theirs and your wallet addresses (copy-paste is your friend) when making any transactions!

Hope this helps someone out at the very least when they first start NFT collecting! :)
ImageImageImageImage

aprilyoufools

Postby aprilyoufools » Tue Apr 26, 2022 2:49 am

NCDS wrote:I agree, I think it's been a lot smoother since Droppp took over and it's a fair system that gives everyone a chance.

I agree, I really like the online queue system. There were a couple releases where I was able to get packs right away, others where I had to wait a little bit but was still able to purchase, and other times I was shuffled to the tail end of the queue and unlucky.
she/they • ARMY | MOA | Bunnies/Tokki | FEARNOT

aprilyoufools

Postby aprilyoufools » Tue Apr 26, 2022 2:53 am

supertoygiant wrote:I haven't been been able to get past the queue :(

I hope you'll have better luck with future releases, whichever ones you're really trying for.
You can try with having multiple browsers open, on their phone, tablet, and/or desktop, to have more chances of getting through the queue.

lavery01
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby lavery01 » Tue Apr 26, 2022 10:02 am

NCDS wrote:I agree, I think it's been a lot smoother since Droppp took over and it's a fair system that gives everyone a chance.

Going to have to agree. But I still have to let my husband handle all the nft drops. I’m still learning how all of it works. It can be a bit overwhelming…
Hi I'm Latricia \:D/

Tusken

Postby Tusken » Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:46 pm

Now this is on point and great introduction to the NFT world. Thank you Freddy for the breakdown. :freddy3:
Hi I'm Tusken.
Top Fan Badge of Funko, Funko Europe, Funko (Hollywood), Funko Games, Funko Blitz
Funko Winner of Danger Mouse 2021 - Twitter
Image Image Image Image

Brutesquad

Postby Brutesquad » Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:51 pm

This is a super helpful thread with step by step info! I had to learn it all myself via trial and error, still learning the game, so it's awesome to have a place to go and point others to.

sdcccrasher

Postby sdcccrasher » Tue Apr 26, 2022 4:29 pm

=D> =D> =D> This is so helpful for our growing Funko NFT community. =D> =D> =D>
Hello! I'm Roger :freddy1:

L3g3nD33

Postby L3g3nD33 » Tue Apr 26, 2022 5:35 pm

Great write-up... hopefully it helps the new people jumping in for Batman. I know I had zero luck for TMNT and Big Boy but have been blessed for every drop since then.
Collecting Funko since 2016
Funko Fundays 2018, 2022, 2023
Funko Fright Night 2022
Funatics Day Out 9
San Diego Comic-Con 2019, 2022, 2023, 2024
New York Comic Con 2021, 2022, 2023

Image Image Image Image Image

Tonka858

Postby Tonka858 » Tue Apr 26, 2022 5:49 pm

I wish it was easier to buy wax, So you can then buy packs on the open market. I can not find a credit card that will let me buy it.

supertoygiant
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby supertoygiant » Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:06 pm

aprilyoufools wrote:

I hope you'll have better luck with future releases, whichever ones you're really trying for.
You can try with having multiple browsers open, on their phone, tablet, and/or desktop, to have more chances of getting through the queue.

Now why didn't I think about that? Thank you!
1st pop Marvel Thor bobble head and Captain America (2011) Walked into booth at SDCC and purchased in less than 5 minutes.

COTM 5/2019

FUNKLUB MEMBER #1893

ISO CM Punk NIB or OOB

aprilyoufools

Postby aprilyoufools » Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:13 pm

supertoygiant wrote:
aprilyoufools wrote:

Now why didn't I think about that? Thank you!

No problem! Can also try with opening separate incognito/private windows in different browsers on desktop, too.

XSRK

Postby XSRK » Tue Apr 26, 2022 10:00 pm

Wait what?! Funko NFTs? I’m hoping this is as easy as NBA Topshot and Veve.

supertoygiant
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby supertoygiant » Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:22 am

aprilyoufools wrote:

Thanks again!!!

COTM 5/2019

FUNKLUB MEMBER #1893

ISO CM Punk NIB or OOB

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Thu Apr 28, 2022 6:46 pm

when I login to Drop with my email and password it shows one wax wallet.

when i log into automichub with my email it shows a different wax wallet.

any ideas how i fix this?
Signed Pops:101
MM: 116
Pops :554
First Pop: Jax Teller
Most Recent: Signed DW Silence
Top Pop: Cobweb Bilbo

Ratattack

Postby Ratattack » Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:35 pm

Wow! Wish I saw this earlier. It would have helped so much. This is very informative. Thank you for sharing! \:D/

Dsho333

Postby Dsho333 » Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:49 pm

hailmary25 wrote:when I login to Drop with my email and password it shows one wax wallet.

It's supposed to be different, it's two different platforms, if you need to transfer items you just need to send your items to yourself

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:50 pm

Dsho333 wrote:
hailmary25 wrote:when I login to Drop with my email and password it shows one wax wallet.

It's supposed to be different, it's two different platforms, if you need to transfer items you just need to send your items to yourself

Thanks appreciate the advice will do that
Signed Pops:101
MM: 116
Pops :554
First Pop: Jax Teller
Most Recent: Signed DW Silence
Top Pop: Cobweb Bilbo

JJHODGE

Postby JJHODGE » Fri Apr 29, 2022 2:41 pm

Moderator wrote:Here is a simple walk-through of how to get involved with Funko's new NFT offerings.

3)
Make a free account at Wax.AtomicHub.io (this is the largest NFT marketplace for Funko drops and the easiest way to buy/sell/trade).

5) TRANSACTIONS:

9) REDEMPTION:

Very great how to guide!

CollectorBadger

Postby CollectorBadger » Fri Apr 29, 2022 3:58 pm

Kitzka wrote:This is so helpful. I mean I think I need to read it like 15 more times. But super helpful.

Just what you were asking for! Explained much better than I did through texts! :roflmao:

Nick IG: collector.badger

Fredo66

Postby Fredo66 » Fri Apr 29, 2022 4:11 pm

This is great thank you I haven't purchased any just received free one's.
ImageImageImage Image
Fredo IG: @the4thcurator

Tonka858

Postby Tonka858 » Fri Apr 29, 2022 8:09 pm

what credit card works to buy extra WAX?

tlaloc666

Postby tlaloc666 » Fri Apr 29, 2022 8:18 pm

Thank you for this amazing guideline !
Kyko here !!

Tik tok : @kyko_tj
Tijuana The Happiest Place on Earth !!

Funko events attended
Fundays 2015
Fundays 2016
Funko Fright Night
Fundays 2017
Premiere Making Fun
Fundays 2018
Fundays 2019
HQ Hollywood Opening 2019
ECCC VIrtual Con 2020
Summer Virtual Con 2020
Funkon 2021
Fundays 2021
Funko Fright Night 2 NYC 2022

cmasicampo

Postby cmasicampo » Sat Apr 30, 2022 1:11 am

Happy to see this thread here! Lots of helpful info.

The Scobby-Doo drop was the first drop I was able to jump into and still working on completing the Royalty Set for the Freddy.

Pretty stoked about the DC set. Excited to see what other lines are given the NFT treatment.
I’m Chris
IG @CMonstercampo

ImageImage

AutumnsToyz

Postby AutumnsToyz » Sat Apr 30, 2022 1:38 pm

cmasicampo wrote:Happy to see this thread here! Lots of helpful info.

The Scobby-Doo drop was the first drop I was able to jump into and still working on completing the Royalty Set for the Freddy.

Pretty stoked about the DC set. Excited to see what other lines are given the NFT treatment.

I have faith that you will get your Scooby set completed Chris.

Hi, I'm Jimmy (Formerly CalPolyIdiot)

IG: AutumnsToyz
Twitter: AutumnsToyz
Twitch: twitch.tv/autumnstoyz
DP Wallet: AutumnToy.dp
Wax Wallet 5w3rg.wam

Total Pops: I lost count after 1000
ISO: Freddy Funko's and Disney
My collection: https://www.hobbydb.com/marketplaces/po ... diot?order

ImageImageImage

AutumnsToyz

Postby AutumnsToyz » Sat Apr 30, 2022 1:40 pm

Tonka858 wrote:what credit card works to buy extra WAX?

From my experience, only debit cards worked for me, however, I havent tried to purchase wax in a bit. Wax is at a low right now, and IMO, the site with the best rates is Bittrex, although you have to be okay linking your bank account.

Hi, I'm Jimmy (Formerly CalPolyIdiot)

IG: AutumnsToyz
Twitter: AutumnsToyz
Twitch: twitch.tv/autumnstoyz
DP Wallet: AutumnToy.dp
Wax Wallet 5w3rg.wam

Total Pops: I lost count after 1000
ISO: Freddy Funko's and Disney
My collection: https://www.hobbydb.com/marketplaces/po ... diot?order

ImageImageImage

Tonka858

Postby Tonka858 » Sat Apr 30, 2022 8:16 pm

AutumnsToyz wrote:
Tonka858 wrote:what credit card works to buy extra WAX?

From my experience, only debit cards worked for me, however, I havent tried to purchase wax in a bit. Wax is at a low right now, and IMO, the site with the best rates is Bittrex, although you have to be okay linking your bank account.

I have bittrex thanks Ill try that

cmasicampo

Postby cmasicampo » Tue May 03, 2022 2:35 pm

AutumnsToyz wrote:

Thanks, Jimmy! I'm slowly getting there.
I’m Chris
IG @CMonstercampo

ImageImage

Ginzo1622

Postby Ginzo1622 » Sat Jun 11, 2022 2:49 pm

cmasicampo wrote:
AutumnsToyz wrote:

Thanks, Jimmy! I'm slowly getting there.

Me too but its really expensive to complete the set
Fundays 2022 - Proto Robots
Fright Night 2022
Fundays 2023 - Protomoa Wolves

Don't stand in my way!!!

:whdat:

Beaniiman

Postby Beaniiman » Mon Jul 11, 2022 10:31 am

I think the Pop nft drops are the smoothest I have encountered. Very good job.
ßeaniiman :freddy3:

ArmyGuy2017

Postby ArmyGuy2017 » Wed Jul 27, 2022 8:36 pm

Love the Dropp changes help everyone get packs
Attended Fundays : 2017,2018,2019,2022,2023 FDO9 Valencia Funko Hollywood Grand Opening 2022 Mask O Raid

Michaelp12

Postby Michaelp12 » Fri Jul 29, 2022 12:17 am

Never knew this was a thing. Standing by for the next drop!

Return to “NFT/Digital”