NFTs: How to Buy!

Funko has entered the world of Non-fungible tokens!
BestDadEver

Re: NFTs: How to Buy!

Postby BestDadEver » Fri Jul 29, 2022 12:26 am

Thank you for the detailed information. Collecting Funko NTFs have been pretty dang amazing,challenging and over all pretty fun, but not just Funko love the Hotwheels and others.
Image Image

Dewdis

Postby Dewdis » Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:09 am

Great information for those just getting started or confused with the NFTs! Warning they’re addicting to open packs :roflmao:

ferd_lifts

Postby ferd_lifts » Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:19 pm

thanks for the guidance! just signed up and cant wait to mess around with these nfts!

ISO - Freddy Pops, MHA Exclusives, Demon Slayer Exclusives, Disney Grails, Signed Pops!

TheerealJT

Postby TheerealJT » Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:03 am

Thanks this is super helpful

Lawliet

Postby Lawliet » Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:57 pm

Hmm, does anyone know if it's ok to ask in the WTB section for particular NFTs? I'm trying to finish my first royalty set (DC) and wasnt sure if this was allowed :<

Stat32111

Postby Stat32111 » Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:45 am

Dewdis wrote:Great information for those just getting started or confused with the NFTs! Warning they’re addicting to open packs :roflmao:

I get an “itch” every so often just to open a pack, so just buy random standard packs to open it lol but funko’s been dropping the set back to back so need to save up!
Instagram- calebshiny

digithor

Postby digithor » Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:56 am

Lawliet wrote:Hmm, does anyone know if it's ok to ask in the WTB section for particular NFTs? I'm trying to finish my first royalty set (DC) and wasnt sure if this was allowed :<

I would guess so, since it's a funko related product. Unless it's specific of a certain product only.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

X23

Postby X23 » Sat Aug 13, 2022 3:17 am

Kitzka wrote:This is so helpful. I mean I think I need to read it like 15 more times. But super helpful.

Ok I’m glad I’m not the only one. I just need to read it 40 more times lol

Youshave

Postby Youshave » Wed Oct 25, 2023 1:47 pm

Moderator wrote:Here is a simple walk-through of how to get involved with Funko's new NFT offerings.
PLEASE READ THE "NFTS: TIPS AND GUIDELINES" POST PINNED AT THE TOP OF THIS FORUM.

You want to pick up some NFTs? Cool. So fashion-forward. Let's get started!

1) Make a free account at Droppp.io (they also have an option to choose your own handle for $5). This is where your cards and collections will be hosted and kept. You can see what you've got and what you're missing, as well as transfer any you have to the Marketplace to trade/sell.

2) Make a WAX Blockchain account wallet at Wallet.Wax.io (WAX is a type of blockchain currency used to buy and sell NFTs on the marketplace). This is the currency in which the value of your collection will be calculated.

3)
Make a free account at Wax.AtomicHub.io (this is the largest NFT marketplace for Funko drops and the easiest way to buy/sell/trade).

4) NFT sales only last for an hour! Any packs leftover for sale will be "burned" and the only way to purchase unopened packs after the initial sale is second-hand through the marketplace. Packs typically will sell out during this time as the market for these is HUGE.

5) TRANSACTIONS:
Drops are actually for sale at digital.funko.com. Funko will always post the day and time a new series will drop. When the sale starts, each user is dropped into a random spot in the queue. Each pass through the line will allow you a $60 transaction limit.

6) PACKS: Currently there are two types of packs you can purchase during a drop: Standard packs have 5 cards; Premium packs have 15 cards. (Note that this is subject to change at anytime by Funko)

7) CARDS: there are seven different types of cards you can get from packs! Common (50.38 % chance), Uncommon (26.99% chance), Rare (14.95% chance), Epic (6% chance), Legendary (1.2% chance), Grail (0.48% chance), and the 1:1, of which there is only one in the entire series.
:freddy1: Pulling a Legendary will net you a redeemable Pop or Soda!
:freddy1: Pulling a Grail will net you a redeemable Pop or Soda!
But don't fret- if you do not pull any of those, you can still go for the Royalty Set. With each series you have the option to acquire a different redeemable Pop! - the Freddy Funko edition. If you can manage to collect one of each Common, Uncommon, Rare, and Epic card before the cutoff date stated by Funko (usually 4 months after the original sale) in your Droppp account, you will have the opportunity to obtain the Royalty Freddy redeemable.
:freddy1: BE ADVISED; the Royalty Set is no easy task. But the payoff is a SUPER SWEET Exclusive Freddy!

8) MARKETPLACE: Atomic Hub is a safe marketplace to buy & sell NFTs. Its currency is in WAX but you can import or export to USD currency (with an exchange fee). You can transfer your NFTs from Droppp to AH by using the "transfer" function in Droppp, and you can transfer the other direction or to other users as well. BE SURE YOU DOUBLE AND TRIPLE CHECK YOUR WAX WALLET ACCOUNT NAME BEFORE MAKING ANY TRANSFERS!! Transfers cannot be cancelled once initiated. Take some time to explore the marketplace and your own items! There is a search "explorer" function you can use to search for previous Funko series! We use best crypto payment gateway to make payments, so you don't have to worry about the security of transactions.

9) REDEMPTION:
Redemption is through Droppp.io. If you're trying to acquire any Redeemable NFTs for physical pops, you'll want to pay close attention to the "Redemption tracker" and "complete by" date in Droppp. Select the series you're interested in viewing and you'll see if there's still time to redeem NFTs. Once the Redemption date occurs, Funko will automatically send any wallets with qualifying NFTs a "redemption token" for the appropriate physical pop. You'll need to submit the info for your redemption to make sure you get it! The redemption period is 30 days, and any unclaimed redemption tokens are "burned" and forfeited by the user. This means that the phsyical number of that prize is lower than the maximum offered (i.e. - if a Royalty Freddy offered in a maximum of 3K units, and only 2,000 qualify, but only 1,000 submit their redemption tokens, that Freddy is Limited Edition of 1,000 rather than the originally offered 3,000).

Keep in mind that some or all of this information could change with any drop and is subject to terms and conditions set forth by Funko and their partners. Have questions or comments? If things change in the future or adjustments need made, this post will be updated. Thanks for reading through and maybe luck be ever in your favor!

Thanks for the information provided! It seemed useful.

Return to “NFT/Digital”