Fundays and NFTs

Funko has entered the world of Non-fungible tokens!
aprilyoufools

Re: Fundays and NFTs

Postby aprilyoufools » Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:13 pm

kdmlvr wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:
FFNATIC wrote:I sure do hope not since it would be a hard HIT for those who cannot attend FUNDAYS. I have been working hard on my NFT collections and let me tell you it is not easy NOR is it CHEAP. WAX going up and down and BOTs that take your hard earned packs/cards. So much going on there but we all know FUNKO they more than likely will do something. Hopefully if so they make it where folks that don't/can't attend Fundays get the chance to acquire some.

:freddy2: :freddy2: :freddy2:

It would be a hit and suck. But that applies to all of Fundays. It is sucks for those that don't get the limited pops. Some of my favorite Freddy pops come from fundays.

Very true, but I do not think anyone would be shocked if it does happen at fundays.

Definitely, since almost all the NFT drops have done really well thus far and it's almost been a year since the first drop (TMNT). So why not celebrate that with some sort of drop at Fundays
she/they • ARMY | MOA | Bunnies/Tokki | FEARNOT

popfanboy
HOF 2022 & Spirit
HOF 2022 & Spirit

Postby popfanboy » Mon Jun 20, 2022 9:23 pm

CaseyJones14 wrote:Imagine this...

You open up your Box of Fun and you have an actual pack of Funko trading cards (5 to be exact). Boom you hit a Grail and it's got a code on the back to redeem. I think it would be a great idea and I just imagine trading cards after the event like I'm back in 2nd grade during recess.

That would be insane! I love that idea!

As far as purely digital NFTs, I think it would be neat to have a unique QR code in each box or on each badge that granted you a pack of Fundays exclusive NFTs, redemptions or not. Or, imagine a Freddy only NFT drop (perhaps black light themed) that released around or during SDCC and every attendee got a code for a premium pack. That would be awesome!
Tanner
I'm an artist who dreams of working for Funko one day.
Check out some of my drawings!
Follow me on Instagram @popfanboy
ISO Any Bat Boy, Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, or Rocketeer protos and the Slimer Soda proto!

Universal_ghost

Postby Universal_ghost » Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:08 pm

Love the idea. Adds more fun and hoping to get that redeemable would be a thrill!

Dsho333

Postby Dsho333 » Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:19 pm

popfanboy wrote:

You open up your Box of Fun and you have an actual pack of Funko trading cards (5 to be exact). Boom you hit a Grail and it's got a code on the back to redeem. I think it would be a great idea and I just imagine trading cards after the event like I'm back in 2nd grade during recess.

As far as purely digital NFTs, I think it would be neat to have a unique QR code in each box or on each badge that granted you a pack of Fundays exclusive NFTs, redemptions or not. Or, imagine a Freddy only NFT drop (perhaps black light themed) that released around or during SDCC and every attendee got a code for a premium pack. That would be awesome!

I think the trading cards would be great, but instead of NFTs, you could just redeem it at a table at the event so you could get the pop right away, I wouldn't want to wait to get anything.

On the badge would be cool except the people who don't want the NFTs probably wouldn't give up the badges during the event.

Dewdis

Postby Dewdis » Tue Jun 21, 2022 12:28 am

aprilyoufools wrote:
Dewdis wrote:I would love for them to give out a grail Freddy and give the owner of that Freddy a NFT version of it as well!

Example: Le 24 pc Freddy (physical) and you also get a Le 24 pc Freddy (NFT)

This would be great! The closest thing to the 1/1's that Funko has with each NFT drop but in this case you would actually have the physical collectible in-hand.

Total game changer and maybe more people to the NFT space!

ETphonehome

Postby ETphonehome » Tue Jun 21, 2022 4:45 am

lavery01 wrote:
ETphonehome wrote:
JCFun wrote:
It really is! The folks who pull out their rolls of cash at the end too are always crazy too me lol

That's odd to me...someone offered me $1k for my 1/24 madhatter Freddy but I said no because it was my first 1/24 in the box of fun. It was surprising and I couldn't believe it.

That’s an awesome piece to have apart of your collection. I would have said no too, I would never sell it. lol

Thanks!

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:22 am

squidward wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:How could would it be if they incorporated NFTs into fundays. Maybe each table or teach teams scnas some QR code getting an NFT with a chance at one that is redeemable. I think with NFTs growing, I would love to see it be a part of the festivities. Do we think they will make NFT drop announcements?

This is actually a magnificent idea and it would be absolutely amazing do they did something for fundays that was nft related. I think it is 100% possible as well. They just would have to have it go to your droppp wallet. They could do a QR code when they deliver the preview presentation at the event. I think this would be a magnificent idea

I didn't even think about sneak peek previews of the NFT drops. Funko absolutely should do that. They must have them planned reasonably far in advance so that they could give 1 or 2 previews.

Yeah it would even be cool to get a fundays NFT. I’m sure they have the line up far far ahead in the schedule. I can’t wait to see if we actually do get a glimpse at that. Definitely a huge fan of this idea
PopPChulo

Funko Enthusiast/Creative Idea Expert/Music Analyst/Pop Culture Geek :freddy3:

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

squidward

Postby squidward » Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:48 pm

PopPChulo wrote:
squidward wrote:
PopPChulo wrote:
This is actually a magnificent idea and it would be absolutely amazing do they did something for fundays that was nft related. I think it is 100% possible as well. They just would have to have it go to your droppp wallet. They could do a QR code when they deliver the preview presentation at the event. I think this would be a magnificent idea

I didn't even think about sneak peek previews of the NFT drops. Funko absolutely should do that. They must have them planned reasonably far in advance so that they could give 1 or 2 previews.

Yeah it would even be cool to get a fundays NFT. I’m sure they have the line up far far ahead in the schedule. I can’t wait to see if we actually do get a glimpse at that. Definitely a huge fan of this idea

I would love a Fundays NFT. It doesn't have to be anything super crazy like a redeemable. I would love just an NFT of the logo of the blacklight theme.
But... if they did create some one-time use, unique QR codes that linked to packs that did include redeemables, that would be totally awesome.
Member of TUFF. Attended: Fundays 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, Virtual 2021, 2022. HQ Grand Opening. Hollywood Grand Opening. Making Fun Premiere. Funkon 1 & 2. Fright Night 1. Multiple SDCC, NYCC, ECCC, Fugitive Parties. Lover of Funko Artist Sketches.

Haayheather

Postby Haayheather » Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:23 am

nascar246788 wrote:How could would it be if they incorporated NFTs into fundays. Maybe each table or teach teams scnas some QR code getting an NFT with a chance at one that is redeemable. I think with NFTs growing, I would love to see it be a part of the festivities. Do we think they will make NFT drop announcements?

It would be very interesting to see some Fundays NFT drops. What a fun idea!
Baltimore, MD | Collector since 2015

pberickp

Postby pberickp » Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:52 pm

Like the offspring said way back in the 90s... “You got to keep em separated!”
Hi, my name is Erick. I live in San Diego and I love Spastik Plastik.
ISO: Luther (glow), metallic green Sam, Pulpos from SDCC Funko Supermarket, & any T-Bone other than blue and red.
SDCC 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021, 2022
ImageImage

Rick_Morty46

Postby Rick_Morty46 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:14 am

pberickp wrote:Like the offspring said way back in the 90s... “You got to keep em separated!”

Like the family guy maid said : No, nooo

yamster8888

Postby yamster8888 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:27 am

Even though I am not going to FunDays I think NFTs would still be awesome.
Yes the NFT should be purely digital and not linked to any kind of physical redeemable.

jagpop

Postby jagpop » Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:17 pm

I'm hoping Fundays has a few NFT's exclusive to the event. Maybe like a QR code somewhere that we can scan. That would be cool

I am not in danger, I am the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!

Beaniiman

Postby Beaniiman » Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:18 am

Always looking for new NFTs! I like this idea.
Last edited by Beaniiman on Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
ßeaniiman :freddy3:

kdmlvr

Postby kdmlvr » Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:16 pm

popfanboy wrote:

I would not be shocked if they did something with a QR code in the box.
Funko Pop Fan & Loungefly fan.

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:59 pm

kdmlvr wrote:
popfanboy wrote:

I would not be shocked if they did something with a QR code in the box.

Same here. It would make things way more exciting
Image Image
ImageImage

Beaniiman

Postby Beaniiman » Wed Jul 06, 2022 8:55 pm

L3g3nD33 wrote:Air drop some Funko NFTs to attendees? Now that would be cool. Maybe they can air drop some NFTs to people that are near their booth too, etc.

I like this idea. I do really hope there is some kind of NFT thing at Fundays.

Funnybob

Postby Funnybob » Sun Jul 10, 2022 7:12 pm

yes, excellent idea! also they should improve the wifi at fundays to handle the airdrops!

FunkoFresh253

Postby FunkoFresh253 » Sun Jul 10, 2022 11:55 pm

loving the ideas im reading. a limited nft qr code i see possible. as well as some reveals. we can only hope for some redeemables, but thats the most farfetch idea. anyway cant wait yall!
Team Goonies! Team Pop Protectors! Team Lumberjacks!Image

FunkoFresh253

Postby FunkoFresh253 » Sun Jul 10, 2022 11:56 pm

Funnybob wrote:yes, excellent idea! also they should improve the wifi at fundays to handle the airdrops!

yea wifi i dont remember them having any, my cell reception did not work at all. i had to be pressed against the outer windows to get any signal
Team Goonies! Team Pop Protectors! Team Lumberjacks!Image

Tynett
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Tynett » Mon Jul 11, 2022 12:12 am

I think what's great about NFTs is that you can enter your wallet and get NFTs that way - so no need to have reception right then. Just like they distributed the free packs they can go at any time :).
Collection Focus - Star Wars, LOST, Video Games, 90's TV
Image Image

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Mon Jul 11, 2022 7:17 am

Beaniiman wrote:
L3g3nD33 wrote:Air drop some Funko NFTs to attendees? Now that would be cool. Maybe they can air drop some NFTs to people that are near their booth too, etc.

It would definitely help showcase the digital products even more so. I’m a big fan of it so getting more ppl engaged and excited only makes it better.

BatLita

Postby BatLita » Mon Jul 11, 2022 12:16 pm

That would be amazing!
FRIGHT NIGHT 2022
FUNDAYS 2022
SDCC 2022
NYCC 2022
NYCC 2019
ECCC 2019
NYCC 2018
NYCC 2017
NYCC 2016
NYCC 2015

Justsonice25

Postby Justsonice25 » Mon Jul 11, 2022 7:49 pm

Let's see if this happens!

FunCo010

Postby FunCo010 » Wed Jul 13, 2022 5:18 pm

Lots of possibilities and lots of ideas.... I like that :D
PLEASE FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM: FUNCO010

POP&lock

Postby POP&lock » Wed Jul 13, 2022 8:50 pm

I was gonna say it's too new for them to do it this year.. but with the digital aspect, it gives them plenty of time to make the physical pop.. if there is one.
Current count over 3000! I love Count Chocula! Currently trying to aquire all things count related.
Instagrams: kronic_funko_bulbasaur
:freddy1: Original Funko FunKlub #1188
Image Image

S_E_R_G_I_O

Postby S_E_R_G_I_O » Thu Jul 14, 2022 11:59 am

It would be nice if everyone got an nft at this years fundays
Instagram - thefunkocouple
ImageImage

partner-in-crime

Postby partner-in-crime » Thu Jul 14, 2022 12:31 pm

pberickp wrote:Like the offspring said way back in the 90s... “You got to keep em separated!”

=D> =D> =D>
Hello funatics, I'm Alana and I love collecting dragon pops.

FUNDAYS 2016, 2018, 2019, 2022
FDO LA 8
World Premiere Making Fun
FUNKO Hollywood Grand Opening
[color=#FF8000]Mask O Raid 2022[/color]

partner-in-crime

Postby partner-in-crime » Thu Jul 14, 2022 12:33 pm

POP&lock wrote:I was gonna say it's too new for them to do it this year.. but with the digital aspect, it gives them plenty of time to make the physical pop.. if there is one.

I think you are right and it is still too new/soon but going forward, who knows, will be interesting to see.
Hello funatics, I'm Alana and I love collecting dragon pops.

FUNDAYS 2016, 2018, 2019, 2022
FDO LA 8
World Premiere Making Fun
FUNKO Hollywood Grand Opening
[color=#FF8000]Mask O Raid 2022[/color]

projectGonzo

Postby projectGonzo » Thu Jul 14, 2022 12:48 pm

This would be amazing! (Even when I’m not going to Fundays, sadly)

Beaniiman

Postby Beaniiman » Thu Jul 14, 2022 7:57 pm

mongoose12 wrote:
Beaniiman wrote:

It would definitely help showcase the digital products even more so. I’m a big fan of it so getting more ppl engaged and excited only makes it better.

For sure, I am having a lot of fun collecting the NFTs. An NFT game of some kind would be great, maybe we will see some kind of reveal like that out of Fundays if we are lucky.

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Sat Jul 16, 2022 4:48 am

Beaniiman wrote:
mongoose12 wrote:
Beaniiman wrote:

For sure, I am having a lot of fun collecting the NFTs. An NFT game of some kind would be great, maybe we will see some kind of reveal like that out of Fundays if we are lucky.

I agree. Collecting these NFTs has been a lot of fun. I have to admit the recent licenses are getting weird for me.
Collecting since 2014

0mie

Postby 0mie » Sun Jul 17, 2022 5:39 pm

:-" Attendee treats :-"

My NFT collections zlyau.wam | wallet.dp | funatic.ftw
FUNKLUB MEMBER #1337

Justsonice25

Postby Justsonice25 » Sun Jul 17, 2022 8:10 pm

Seems like it’s happening? I’ve seen a total of 8 Blacklight Fundays NFT’s floating around.
Question is, will it be distributed to fundays attendee’s or to everyone who purchased Box of Fun.???

L3g3nD33

Postby L3g3nD33 » Sun Jul 17, 2022 8:26 pm

Justsonice25 wrote:Seems like it’s happening? I’ve seen a total of 8 Blacklight Fundays NFT’s floating around.
Question is, will it be distributed to fundays attendee’s or to everyone who purchased Box of Fun.???

Hoping these are Fundays attendees only... but I'm biased
Collecting Funko since 2016
Funko Fundays 2018, 2022, 2023
Funko Fright Night 2022
Funatics Day Out 9
San Diego Comic-Con 2019, 2022, 2023, 2024
New York Comic Con 2021, 2022, 2023

Image Image Image Image Image

Dewdis

Postby Dewdis » Sun Jul 17, 2022 9:44 pm

Hopefully fundays attendees only!!! Let’s go!

Dewdis

Postby Dewdis » Sun Jul 17, 2022 11:58 pm

Would trade my drink tickets for non nft collectors lol

Dewdis

Postby Dewdis » Mon Jul 18, 2022 12:10 am

mongoose12 wrote:
Beaniiman wrote:

I’m thinking QR code in fundays box that pulls you to a unique link

Yonsei13

Postby Yonsei13 » Mon Jul 18, 2022 12:14 am

I'm super pumped for this. An NFT for fundays is a great idea. Not so sure how it would be "black light" since it's digital tho.
Image ImageImage

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Mon Jul 18, 2022 10:11 am

Return to “NFT/Digital”