Fundays and NFTs

Funko has entered the world of Non-fungible tokens!
nascar246788

Fundays and NFTs

Postby nascar246788 » Thu Jun 09, 2022 6:01 pm

How could would it be if they incorporated NFTs into fundays. Maybe each table or teach teams scnas some QR code getting an NFT with a chance at one that is redeemable. I think with NFTs growing, I would love to see it be a part of the festivities. Do we think they will make NFT drop announcements?
Collecting since 2014

L3g3nD33

Re: Fundays and NFTs

Postby L3g3nD33 » Thu Jun 09, 2022 6:04 pm

Air drop some Funko NFTs to attendees? Now that would be cool. Maybe they can air drop some NFTs to people that are near their booth too, etc.
Collecting Funko since 2016
Funko Fundays 2018, 2022, 2023
Funko Fright Night 2022
Funatics Day Out 9
San Diego Comic-Con 2019, 2022, 2023, 2024
New York Comic Con 2021, 2022, 2023

Image Image Image Image Image

lazcommalisa
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby lazcommalisa » Thu Jun 09, 2022 6:18 pm

NFTs have really taken off and the idea of a redeemable NFT exclusive to Fundays would be awesome. I know the whole appeal to most with NFT is the chance at redeemable pops/ sodas so maybe have a special code at the end so that everyone can redeem something. If they don't incorporate NFTs into this Fundays, I can see it for the next one.
:freddy2:
~Lisa

IG: itallstartedwitha_pop
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

JCFun

Postby JCFun » Thu Jun 09, 2022 6:39 pm

I'd even be cool if they did an option thing of like a proto or NFT. I think the biggest issue is limited internet and electricity in the building, so maybe just a redemption link even.
Image ImageImageImage

kickinit

Postby kickinit » Thu Jun 09, 2022 7:35 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if they did. Probably give everyone a unique code on a card so we can redeem them later

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Thu Jun 09, 2022 7:41 pm

I’d prefer this concept have no redemption pops. This way actual NFTs collectors can rejoice and the people “don’t get NFTs” but keep talking about them can take the L.

OffTheCHENG

Postby OffTheCHENG » Thu Jun 09, 2022 7:46 pm

L3g3nD33 wrote:Air drop some Funko NFTs to attendees? Now that would be cool. Maybe they can air drop some NFTs to people that are near their booth too, etc.

Now, this is a good idea; however, would be hard to execute. Most don't have a wax account or any form of nft account (opensea, etc.) so many would be left out. I really do hope that they incorporate it somehow; possible via individual events at the event?
Image ImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

Imagery
Hall of Fame Class of 2022

Postby Imagery » Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:09 pm

Considering how bad reception has been in past years, I don't know there could be an active redemption during Fundays. However, I think it would be neat if physical items came with a redeem code for an NFT version of the Pop/Soda/etc.
Funklub member 2016000004714 a.k.a. Sarah
ISO: Ursula, 1/24 Freddy Mad Hatter; NBC Zero Mopeez; Despicable Me 3 Target exclusive PSHs; Freddy Flux Winky and Smiley; HT & Walmart exclusive Disney Villains MMs
Funko events attended: 2016 Fright Night; 2017 & 2018 FDO — Canada; Funkon 2021; Fundays Teams 2017 — Justice League, 2018 — Goonies, 2019 — Loko Moko, 2021 — Proto Punks, 2022 — Pop Protectors

MisterJ85

Postby MisterJ85 » Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:07 pm

Might be cool to see, although I imagine the aftermarket on those might be brutal. Best I can hope for is a fundays box for us at-homers. I could see them inserting QR codes into boxes for non-redeemables though, encourage more people to get into the market.

willowbard

Postby willowbard » Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:29 pm

Love the idea of nfts at cons for Funko in general. Maybe a qr code at the booth to scan with some set up from the link for a fun rng experience to pull either an nft or a redeemable nft. Would give the option for creating a droppp wallet if the person doesn't have one

0mie

Postby 0mie » Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:32 pm

This would be cool, but if giving the option someone to create an account without purchasing people would find another way to take advantage of it.

My NFT collections zlyau.wam | wallet.dp | funatic.ftw
FUNKLUB MEMBER #1337

Westlos420

Postby Westlos420 » Fri Jun 10, 2022 1:16 am

Maaaan! i would love this as a Funko NFT head but idk if it everyone would be down for it since a lot of collectors are not into NFT's
Big D
Fundays 2017 - Making Fun World Premiere - FDO8LV - Fundays 2019 - FunKon
Star Wars Celebration 2022 - Fundays 2022
Dodgers for life!

IG: funko420

digithor

Postby digithor » Fri Jun 10, 2022 1:36 am

A qr code at the booth is a neat idea so people could just come by and scan it for a free nft. While the redeemable part does make it a bit more interesting, it could open the door to people just abusing the code with scanning over and over. Unless funko monitored the scanning along with a record of accounts and people who have scanned it already.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

Geescube
HoF 2016 & CotM
HoF 2016 & CotM

Postby Geescube » Fri Jun 10, 2022 1:52 am

Plz none. :(

Dont add more things for us to stress about lol

yupyeahuhhuh

Postby yupyeahuhhuh » Fri Jun 10, 2022 1:58 am

digithor wrote:A qr code at the booth is a neat idea so people could just come by and scan it for a free nft. While the redeemable part does make it a bit more interesting, it could open the door to people just abusing the code with scanning over and over. Unless funko monitored the scanning along with a record of accounts and people who have scanned it already.

Maybe it could be a randomized screen that keeps changing with different QR codes and the only way to scan is you'd still have to get in line, but it'd still be a lottery too for what QR code you get to scan. Maybe every so often the QR codes is a redeemable NFT.

For Fundays, definitely a QR code on a card or agreed, it’d be easy to have a code on each table. Maybe it's just random and on the ticket/badge that's usually handed out.

Just thinking about this makes me even more excited about Fundays. I’m still a novice to NFTs, but Funko has made it easy to invest!
Last edited by yupyeahuhhuh on Fri Jun 10, 2022 3:05 am, edited 3 times in total.

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:04 am

JCFun wrote:I'd even be cool if they did an option thing of like a proto or NFT. I think the biggest issue is limited internet and electricity in the building, so maybe just a redemption link even.

I would imagine that it has to be some sort of redemption card for later on for some reason.
Collecting since 2014

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:58 am

Westlos420 wrote:Maaaan! i would love this as a Funko NFT head but idk if it everyone would be down for it since a lot of collectors are not into NFT's

I know a lot of collectors aren't into it, but could you imagine if it was a redeemable I think people would be all over it.
Collecting since 2014

Lobstercrossing

Postby Lobstercrossing » Fri Jun 10, 2022 3:13 am

Imagery wrote:Considering how bad reception has been in past years, I don't know there could be an active redemption during Fundays. However, I think it would be neat if physical items came with a redeem code for an NFT version of the Pop/Soda/etc.

LOL, what reception? lol
My real name is Noah, but you can call me... Noah.

ETphonehome

Postby ETphonehome » Fri Jun 10, 2022 3:19 am

Nft redeemables at fundays would definitely lighten their physical inventory for the event and we wouldn't need to worry about people trying to take them off our table lol

keyese

Postby keyese » Fri Jun 10, 2022 10:33 am

I would love if there were just some cards inserted in the bags of fun that you could scan later (as others have mentioned, reception within the event is pretty bad in my experience so I wouldn't trust redeeming then).
AKA ElizabethKeyes on Twitch or keyese on Discord :freddy2:
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

Westlos420

Postby Westlos420 » Fri Jun 10, 2022 10:42 am

nascar246788 wrote:
Westlos420 wrote:Maaaan! i would love this as a Funko NFT head but idk if it everyone would be down for it since a lot of collectors are not into NFT's

I know a lot of collectors aren't into it, but could you imagine if it was a redeemable I think people would be all over it.

Yeea I’d be soo down for it!!! lol
Big D
Fundays 2017 - Making Fun World Premiere - FDO8LV - Fundays 2019 - FunKon
Star Wars Celebration 2022 - Fundays 2022
Dodgers for life!

IG: funko420

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Fri Jun 10, 2022 10:47 am

Imagine this...

You open up your Box of Fun and you have an actual pack of Funko trading cards (5 to be exact). Boom you hit a Grail and it's got a code on the back to redeem. I think it would be a great idea and I just imagine trading cards after the event like I'm back in 2nd grade during recess.
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

NCDS

Postby NCDS » Fri Jun 10, 2022 10:50 am

Imagery wrote:Considering how bad reception has been in past years, I don't know there could be an active redemption during Fundays. However, I think it would be neat if physical items came with a redeem code for an NFT version of the Pop/Soda/etc.

I really think this is the best way to do it, then those that don't care for NFT's don't have to use the code. It's a win-win.
ISO Pockets Snapsie
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

keyese

Postby keyese » Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:01 am

CaseyJones14 wrote:Imagine this...

You open up your Box of Fun and you have an actual pack of Funko trading cards (5 to be exact). Boom you hit a Grail and it's got a code on the back to redeem. I think it would be a great idea and I just imagine trading cards after the event like I'm back in 2nd grade during recess.

Can you imagine the LE on the grail, if there are usually what like, 1500-2000 attendees? It would be so fun to crack open actual trading cards!
AKA ElizabethKeyes on Twitch or keyese on Discord :freddy2:
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

Funkofan21

Postby Funkofan21 » Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:10 am

Alot of interesting ideas floating around here. It would be interesting to see if NFTs are added to the mix for fundays and those lucky enough to be able to attend in person
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ImageImageImageImage

lazcommalisa
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby lazcommalisa » Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:17 am

Since I know you're really into the NFTs (its the spread sheets and lists for me but I truly appreciate them :cheers:), I was really excited to hear your opinion on this. The actual physical trading cards idea is brilliant. Nostalgia sells and having that interaction with others to trade would build new collector relationships.
~Lisa

IG: itallstartedwitha_pop
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:28 am

lazcommalisa wrote:Since I know you're really into the NFTs (its the spread sheets and lists for me but I truly appreciate them :cheers:), I was really excited to hear your opinion on this. The actual physical trading cards idea is brilliant. Nostalgia sells and having that interaction with others to trade would build new collector relationships.

Glad you dig the spreadsheets! :D

I think the physical trading cards with NFT's attached to them would help please everyone. The packs could also have special items inside like a free drink token, ticket to compete in the Can O' Corn chugging contest, a free proto, etc. That might be a little too much, but it would definitely be fun.
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

bakivali

Postby bakivali » Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:31 am

I could see them including a code for an NFT in every Box of Fun. They are already doing something similar via email for some of the other promo sets.

newhousebailey

Postby newhousebailey » Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:31 am

kihou wrote:I would love if there were just some cards inserted in the bags of fun that you could scan later (as others have mentioned, reception within the event is pretty bad in my experience so I wouldn't trust redeeming then).

It would be cool if the card was of the NFT that you get to redeem. Even if there isn't a physical Pop or Soda, you at least have a card to match the NFT. I hope they don't attempt to have people scan a QR code or Airdrop, as cool as that would be, as cell phone issues might get stressful.
Hello. My name is Mike and I am currently most excited about the Gravity Falls line.

ImageImage

bakivali

Postby bakivali » Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:38 am

ETphonehome wrote:Nft redeemables at fundays would definitely lighten their physical inventory for the event and we wouldn't need to worry about people trying to take them off our table lol

And it would be a lot easier to pack up for the trip home. :razz:

cnote424

Postby cnote424 » Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:50 am

Im All for some special fundays related NFTs
Image Image Image

AutumnsToyz

Postby AutumnsToyz » Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:57 pm

I love this idea. As a former printer, this physical Funko Trading Cards will help a dying industry, plus could help Funko get into a booming market if they continued this idea and started selling trading cards.

Hi, I'm Jimmy (Formerly CalPolyIdiot)

IG: AutumnsToyz
Twitter: AutumnsToyz
Twitch: twitch.tv/autumnstoyz
DP Wallet: AutumnToy.dp
Wax Wallet 5w3rg.wam

Total Pops: I lost count after 1000
ISO: Freddy Funko's and Disney
My collection: https://www.hobbydb.com/marketplaces/po ... diot?order

ImageImageImage

AutumnsToyz

Postby AutumnsToyz » Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:58 pm

cnote424 wrote:Im All for some special fundays related NFTs

Me too, but I maybe biased, and I reserve the right to change me mind and say its not fair if I not lucky enough to get Funday tickets this year ;-)

Hi, I'm Jimmy (Formerly CalPolyIdiot)

IG: AutumnsToyz
Twitter: AutumnsToyz
Twitch: twitch.tv/autumnstoyz
DP Wallet: AutumnToy.dp
Wax Wallet 5w3rg.wam

Total Pops: I lost count after 1000
ISO: Freddy Funko's and Disney
My collection: https://www.hobbydb.com/marketplaces/po ... diot?order

ImageImageImage

JCFun

Postby JCFun » Fri Jun 10, 2022 5:17 pm

nascar246788 wrote:
JCFun wrote:I'd even be cool if they did an option thing of like a proto or NFT. I think the biggest issue is limited internet and electricity in the building, so maybe just a redemption link even.

I would imagine that it has to be some sort of redemption card for later on for some reason.

I think so too. Mainly since I think you need to run it through blockchain elements for confirmation, but I could be wrong.
Image ImageImageImage

JCFun

Postby JCFun » Fri Jun 10, 2022 5:18 pm

JCFun wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:

I think so too. Mainly since I think you need to run it through blockchain elements for confirmation, but I could be wrong.

Meaning that internet would be required but is likely pretty spotty there at MGH or wherever it will be hosted.
Image ImageImageImage

kdmlvr

Postby kdmlvr » Fri Jun 10, 2022 5:29 pm

JCFun wrote:
JCFun wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:

Meaning that internet would be required but is likely pretty spotty there at MGH or wherever it will be hosted.

That is true the internet tends to be very poor at MGH. Maybe they improve it.
Funko Pop Fan & Loungefly fan.

Stragon

Postby Stragon » Fri Jun 10, 2022 5:41 pm

L3g3nD33 wrote:Air drop some Funko NFTs to attendees? Now that would be cool. Maybe they can air drop some NFTs to people that are near their booth too, etc.

That would be so cool if they did that.
FUNKO FUNDAYS: 2016,2018,2019,2022
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
World Premiere - Making Fun
Funko Virtual Con 2020
Funko Mask O Raid 2022

Stragon

Postby Stragon » Fri Jun 10, 2022 5:43 pm

AutumnsToyz wrote:
cnote424 wrote:Im All for some special fundays related NFTs

Me too, but I maybe biased, and I reserve the right to change me mind and say its not fair if I not lucky enough to get Funday tickets this year ;-)

I'm sure we are all worried about not getting Funday tickets, I worry with covid they may not want as many people inside the ballroom. [-o<
FUNKO FUNDAYS: 2016,2018,2019,2022
Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
World Premiere - Making Fun
Funko Virtual Con 2020
Funko Mask O Raid 2022

Imagery

Postby Imagery » Fri Jun 10, 2022 7:28 pm

Lobstercrossing wrote:

LOL, what reception? lol

Haha, true. Just gotta stand on the spot marked X in the hallway to get your redemption. Form a line lol
ISO: Ursula, 1/24 Freddy Mad Hatter; NBC Zero Mopeez; Despicable Me 3 Target exclusive PSHs; Freddy Flux Winky and Smiley; HT & Walmart exclusive Disney Villains MMs
Funko events attended: 2016 Fright Night; 2017 & 2018 FDO — Canada; Funkon 2021; Fundays Teams 2017 — Justice League, 2018 — Goonies, 2019 — Loko Moko, 2021 — Proto Punks, 2022 — Pop Protectors

Imagery

Postby Imagery » Fri Jun 10, 2022 7:31 pm

NCDS wrote:

I really think this is the best way to do it, then those that don't care for NFT's don't have to use the code. It's a win-win.

Exactly. And it's something else you can share and trade with friends, or giveaway if it doesn't interest you kind of like a button

Return to “NFT/Digital”