Fundays and NFTs

Funko has entered the world of Non-fungible tokens!
Takit0

Re: Fundays and NFTs

Postby Takit0 » Tue Jun 14, 2022 11:55 pm

scullysdad wrote:
Takit0 wrote:I haven't gotten into NFT's, yet......

If they gave codes at Fundays would you have to pay for an account?

Technically yes, you need to pay $5 for a Droppp account but you do get one free with a purchase. If you get the free one it's a random ID, but you pick the name for the pay one so it can be whatever you want. If you join the Droppp Discord, Patrick from Droppp will sometimes give you a free one if you message him.

Thank you for the info, I am actually better at interacting on discord. I will check it out.

Imagery
Hall of Fame Class of 2022

Postby Imagery » Wed Jun 15, 2022 12:52 am

Stat32111 wrote:
Imagery wrote:Considering how bad reception has been in past years, I don't know there could be an active redemption during Fundays. However, I think it would be neat if physical items came with a redeem code for an NFT version of the Pop/Soda/etc.

Totally agree! It would be impossible to do anything online during fundays lol

Exactly. It has to be something you redeem later by necessity
Funklub member 2016000004714 a.k.a. Sarah
ISO: Ursula, 1/24 Freddy Mad Hatter; NBC Zero Mopeez; Despicable Me 3 Target exclusive PSHs; Freddy Flux Winky and Smiley; HT & Walmart exclusive Disney Villains MMs
Funko events attended: 2016 Fright Night; 2017 & 2018 FDO — Canada; Funkon 2021; Fundays Teams 2017 — Justice League, 2018 — Goonies, 2019 — Loko Moko, 2021 — Proto Punks, 2022 — Pop Protectors

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Wed Jun 15, 2022 3:07 am

Imagery wrote:
Stat32111 wrote:
Imagery wrote:Considering how bad reception has been in past years, I don't know there could be an active redemption during Fundays. However, I think it would be neat if physical items came with a redeem code for an NFT version of the Pop/Soda/etc.

Totally agree! It would be impossible to do anything online during fundays lol

Yeah I would think they give you a decent redemption window for the NFTs. It would be hard to do during the event, and I am sure they want everyone paying attention to the entertainment they have lined up.
Collecting since 2014

Dbactor

Postby Dbactor » Wed Jun 15, 2022 3:46 am

I keep seeing tickets as NFTs for different events, so I think having that as a reward right off the bat would be awesome. Maybe build in some fun utility in the month leading up to fundays. Maybe even use that nft to get into nft games before the show kicks off….let the NFT collectors really go hard and make the most of it.

But overall yeah, I’d love a lot of these suggestions here for incorporating NFTs into the event.

ETphonehome

Postby ETphonehome » Wed Jun 15, 2022 4:23 am

JCFun wrote:
ETphonehome wrote:
JCFun wrote:
Agreed! Although I doubt the handouts would go away during the event since that is part of the fun, it would likely remove a bit of the awkward situation where everyone has to count the pops and make sure the right quantity got fairly distributed etc

Lol...I didn't even know people did that but I know what you mean. I never minded that, there mostly to hang out with friends and other collectors. That's why every team wins...kinda thought it was a coincidence lol

Lol I don't know if it's a coincidence or not, but it seems suspect enough to me to not be haha. And I usually go with a friend group that is pretty strict about that. One of the couples had theirs stolen from them one year, so they are very careful about it now.

I think you're right...so nobody complains. Yea, I remember hearing about people's box of fun being stolen and that's why my friends and I tries to fill the tables with people we know. So sad it has come to this

JCFun

Postby JCFun » Wed Jun 15, 2022 5:16 am

ETphonehome wrote:
JCFun wrote:
ETphonehome wrote:
Lol...I didn't even know people did that but I know what you mean. I never minded that, there mostly to hang out with friends and other collectors. That's why every team wins...kinda thought it was a coincidence lol

Lol I don't know if it's a coincidence or not, but it seems suspect enough to me to not be haha. And I usually go with a friend group that is pretty strict about that. One of the couples had theirs stolen from them one year, so they are very careful about it now.

I think you're right...so nobody complains. Yea, I remember hearing about people's box of fun being stolen and that's why my friends and I tries to fill the tables with people we know. So sad it has come to this

It really is! The folks who pull out their rolls of cash at the end too are always crazy too me lol
Image ImageImageImage

kdmlvr

Postby kdmlvr » Wed Jun 15, 2022 11:24 am

Dbactor wrote:I keep seeing tickets as NFTs for different events, so I think having that as a reward right off the bat would be awesome. Maybe build in some fun utility in the month leading up to fundays. Maybe even use that nft to get into nft games before the show kicks off….let the NFT collectors really go hard and make the most of it.

But overall yeah, I’d love a lot of these suggestions here for incorporating NFTs into the event.

I can see this happening, maybe a code in the box of fun to redeem online.
Funko Pop Fan & Loungefly fan.

ETphonehome

Postby ETphonehome » Wed Jun 15, 2022 12:30 pm

JCFun wrote:
ETphonehome wrote:
JCFun wrote:

It really is! The folks who pull out their rolls of cash at the end too are always crazy too me lol

That's odd to me...someone offered me $1k for my 1/24 madhatter Freddy but I said no because it was my first 1/24 in the box of fun. It was surprising and I couldn't believe it.

Imagery

Postby Imagery » Wed Jun 15, 2022 2:24 pm

nascar246788 wrote:
Imagery wrote:
Stat32111 wrote:Totally agree! It would be impossible to do anything online during fundays lol

Yeah I would think they give you a decent redemption window for the NFTs. It would be hard to do during the event, and I am sure they want everyone paying attention to the entertainment they have lined up.

I'm thinking the redemption window would be similar to that of the physical redemptions for the regular drops
ISO: Ursula, 1/24 Freddy Mad Hatter; NBC Zero Mopeez; Despicable Me 3 Target exclusive PSHs; Freddy Flux Winky and Smiley; HT & Walmart exclusive Disney Villains MMs
Funko events attended: 2016 Fright Night; 2017 & 2018 FDO — Canada; Funkon 2021; Fundays Teams 2017 — Justice League, 2018 — Goonies, 2019 — Loko Moko, 2021 — Proto Punks, 2022 — Pop Protectors

Trendkill24hr

Postby Trendkill24hr » Wed Jun 15, 2022 3:10 pm

I think it would be cool just to get a Fundays badge as an NFT for attendees. Like as a souvenir of sorts
"Being a geek means never having to play it cool about how much you like something" Simon Pegg

Call me C.J. :)
Events: Fundays 2022 & 2023, Fright Night 2022, FDO9
Collection: 372 pieces as of 03/25/24
ISO Proto: Paka Paka Dragon

TheNeck

Postby TheNeck » Wed Jun 15, 2022 3:53 pm

Trendkill24hr wrote:I think it would be cool just to get a Fundays badge as an NFT for attendees. Like as a souvenir of sorts

i love this idea, some kind of NFT that you attended fundays would be AWESOME.
Call me Roger(Rog) https://www.instagram.com/thenecks_funkos/
Funklub #4453
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

yamster8888

Postby yamster8888 » Wed Jun 15, 2022 4:25 pm

TheNeck wrote:
Trendkill24hr wrote:I think it would be cool just to get a Fundays badge as an NFT for attendees. Like as a souvenir of sorts

i love this idea, some kind of NFT that you attended fundays would be AWESOME.

A digital ticket stub would be bad a**

conventiongeek

Postby conventiongeek » Wed Jun 15, 2022 6:18 pm

Not sure why so many of you want NFT's at Fundays. Fundays is real in person live Fun! I would like to have live in hand real goodies to take home... Would someone prefer $10 cash or a chance to win $50. Really, most of you are just talking about the chance to get a redeemable... not to mention being NFT are still fairly new, I am sure a lot of people who may be lucky enough to attend, may not collect NFT's.

JCFun

Postby JCFun » Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:49 pm

ETphonehome wrote:
JCFun wrote:
ETphonehome wrote:

That's odd to me...someone offered me $1k for my 1/24 madhatter Freddy but I said no because it was my first 1/24 in the box of fun. It was surprising and I couldn't believe it.

Yeah, a pop that rare though is probably why they're there, so I can imagine the interest, but agreed it's surprising!
Image ImageImageImage

Takit0

Postby Takit0 » Thu Jun 16, 2022 8:00 pm

Imagery wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:
Imagery wrote:Exactly. It has to be something you redeem later by necessity

I'm thinking the redemption window would be similar to that of the physical redemptions for the regular drops

How long is that? 30days?

ascaryman

Postby ascaryman » Thu Jun 16, 2022 8:02 pm

Man if they have NFTs at Fundays this year, I'm really missing out!
SDCC 2013-2018 | Fundays 2015-2018

PopPChulo

Postby PopPChulo » Fri Jun 17, 2022 12:09 am

nascar246788 wrote:How could would it be if they incorporated NFTs into fundays. Maybe each table or teach teams scnas some QR code getting an NFT with a chance at one that is redeemable. I think with NFTs growing, I would love to see it be a part of the festivities. Do we think they will make NFT drop announcements?

This is actually a magnificent idea and it would be absolutely amazing do they did something for fundays that was nft related. I think it is 100% possible as well. They just would have to have it go to your droppp wallet. They could do a QR code when they deliver the preview presentation at the event. I think this would be a magnificent idea
PopPChulo

Funko Enthusiast/Creative Idea Expert/Music Analyst/Pop Culture Geek :freddy3:

"Creativity is all around you.. How you chose to use that creativity is at your disgression" - Pop-P Chulo

Imagery

Postby Imagery » Fri Jun 17, 2022 7:26 pm

Takit0 wrote:
Imagery wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:Yeah I would think they give you a decent redemption window for the NFTs. It would be hard to do during the event, and I am sure they want everyone paying attention to the entertainment they have lined up.

About that I think

tompate122

Postby tompate122 » Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:11 pm

It would be so cool if they integrated NFTs with Fundays. Just would be hard for non-attendees to obtain.

aprilyoufools

Postby aprilyoufools » Sat Jun 18, 2022 2:34 am

Takit0 wrote:
Imagery wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:Yeah I would think they give you a decent redemption window for the NFTs. It would be hard to do during the event, and I am sure they want everyone paying attention to the entertainment they have lined up.

Yes I believe so. And 30 days is familiar enough for collectors who are already into the NFTs and overall more than enough time for people who claim the NFTs after they get back home and settle back in after the con. Personally, I'd hope I could redeem for them sooner than later, like the form would already be open during the con and I could claim it that night when I get back to the hotel room. There's a chance I may forget after the con and miss my opportunity.
she/they • ARMY | MOA | Bunnies/Tokki | FEARNOT

squidward

Postby squidward » Sat Jun 18, 2022 2:58 am

PopPChulo wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:How could would it be if they incorporated NFTs into fundays. Maybe each table or teach teams scnas some QR code getting an NFT with a chance at one that is redeemable. I think with NFTs growing, I would love to see it be a part of the festivities. Do we think they will make NFT drop announcements?

This is actually a magnificent idea and it would be absolutely amazing do they did something for fundays that was nft related. I think it is 100% possible as well. They just would have to have it go to your droppp wallet. They could do a QR code when they deliver the preview presentation at the event. I think this would be a magnificent idea

I didn't even think about sneak peek previews of the NFT drops. Funko absolutely should do that. They must have them planned reasonably far in advance so that they could give 1 or 2 previews.
Member of TUFF. Attended: Fundays 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, Virtual 2021, 2022. HQ Grand Opening. Hollywood Grand Opening. Making Fun Premiere. Funkon 1 & 2. Fright Night 1. Multiple SDCC, NYCC, ECCC, Fugitive Parties. Lover of Funko Artist Sketches.

Imagery

Postby Imagery » Sat Jun 18, 2022 4:37 pm

aprilyoufools wrote:
Takit0 wrote:
Imagery wrote:I'm thinking the redemption window would be similar to that of the physical redemptions for the regular drops

Yes I believe so. And 30 days is familiar enough for collectors who are already into the NFTs and overall more than enough time for people who claim the NFTs after they get back home and settle back in after the con. Personally, I'd hope I could redeem for them sooner than later, like the form would already be open during the con and I could claim it that night when I get back to the hotel room. There's a chance I may forget after the con and miss my opportunity.

Agreed. The form should be open immediately following Fundays. Then a 30-day redemption window should be enough time for everyone to do it on their own time. And I'd definitely take a pic of the code since things easily get lost in hotel rooms lol

aprilyoufools

Postby aprilyoufools » Sat Jun 18, 2022 4:39 pm

Imagery wrote:
aprilyoufools wrote:
Takit0 wrote:How long is that? 30days?

Agreed. The form should be open immediately following Fundays. Then a 30-day redemption window should be enough time for everyone to do it on their own time. And I'd definitely take a pic of the code since things easily get lost in hotel rooms lol

Exactly, and definitely more of a chance of losing the claim slip when packing/rearranging your stuff when you're leaving. Pro-tip lol

Imagery

Postby Imagery » Sat Jun 18, 2022 4:43 pm

aprilyoufools wrote:
Imagery wrote:
aprilyoufools wrote:Yes I believe so. And 30 days is familiar enough for collectors who are already into the NFTs and overall more than enough time for people who claim the NFTs after they get back home and settle back in after the con. Personally, I'd hope I could redeem for them sooner than later, like the form would already be open during the con and I could claim it that night when I get back to the hotel room. There's a chance I may forget after the con and miss my opportunity.

Exactly, and definitely more of a chance of losing the claim slip when packing/rearranging your stuff when you're leaving. Pro-tip lol

Yup. Always take pics of everything important

Takit0

Postby Takit0 » Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:00 pm

Imagery wrote:
aprilyoufools wrote:
Imagery wrote:Agreed. The form should be open immediately following Fundays. Then a 30-day redemption window should be enough time for everyone to do it on their own time. And I'd definitely take a pic of the code since things easily get lost in hotel rooms lol

Oh that is a great idea, I am going to do that. My packing at the end of the trip is usually rushed and unorganized.

Shalee04

Postby Shalee04 » Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:12 pm

conventiongeek wrote:Not sure why so many of you want NFT's at Fundays. Fundays is real in person live Fun! I would like to have live in hand real goodies to take home... Would someone prefer $10 cash or a chance to win $50. Really, most of you are just talking about the chance to get a redeemable... not to mention being NFT are still fairly new, I am sure a lot of people who may be lucky enough to attend, may not collect NFT's.

I don't do NFTs . Not really sure how they work or why. :-s
They call me Kelly :smt031
OOB deals I love to find.

Disney is my first love whether it be pops, Dorbz , minis or dolls.

Pops and Dorbz -2000+~~~ I have lost count actually
Minis-450+
Protos-2 Dug with cone from my first fundays in 2016
And
Baby Groot with bomb from 2018

Imagery

Postby Imagery » Sun Jun 19, 2022 5:15 pm

Takit0 wrote:
Imagery wrote:
aprilyoufools wrote:Exactly, and definitely more of a chance of losing the claim slip when packing/rearranging your stuff when you're leaving. Pro-tip lol

Oh that is a great idea, I am going to do that. My packing at the end of the trip is usually rushed and unorganized.

I do that with any kind of redemption code — just in case

Takit0

Postby Takit0 » Sun Jun 19, 2022 5:44 pm

Imagery wrote:
Takit0 wrote:
Imagery wrote:Yup. Always take pics of everything important

I do have to wonder how many I possibly lost over the years.

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Sun Jun 19, 2022 8:43 pm

conventiongeek wrote:Not sure why so many of you want NFT's at Fundays. Fundays is real in person live Fun! I would like to have live in hand real goodies to take home... Would someone prefer $10 cash or a chance to win $50. Really, most of you are just talking about the chance to get a redeemable... not to mention being NFT are still fairly new, I am sure a lot of people who may be lucky enough to attend, may not collect NFT's.

This is the NFT section of the forum so it shouldn’t be too surprising that lots of us in here would like them. I’m sure there will be Sodas given out at Fundays and not everyone is a fan of those either. It never hurts to have some variety.
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

Dewdis

Postby Dewdis » Sun Jun 19, 2022 8:56 pm

I would love for them to give out a grail Freddy and give the owner of that Freddy a NFT version of it as well!

Example: Le 24 pc Freddy (physical) and you also get a Le 24 pc Freddy (NFT)

gokou105

Postby gokou105 » Sun Jun 19, 2022 9:17 pm

I can see this happening so more people have access or learn more about NFT
Calvin

Imagery

Postby Imagery » Sun Jun 19, 2022 10:24 pm

Takit0 wrote:
Imagery wrote:
Takit0 wrote:Oh that is a great idea, I am going to do that. My packing at the end of the trip is usually rushed and unorganized.

I do have to wonder how many I possibly lost over the years.

It's one of the many hazards of con

lavery01
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby lavery01 » Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:32 am

ETphonehome wrote:
JCFun wrote:
ETphonehome wrote:

That’s an awesome piece to have apart of your collection. I would have said no too, I would never sell it. lol
Hi I'm Latricia \:D/

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:58 am

All great ideas and I don’t see why they won’t make a NFT drop announcement. :idea:
Image Image
ImageImage

aprilyoufools

Postby aprilyoufools » Mon Jun 20, 2022 3:24 pm

Dewdis wrote:I would love for them to give out a grail Freddy and give the owner of that Freddy a NFT version of it as well!

Example: Le 24 pc Freddy (physical) and you also get a Le 24 pc Freddy (NFT)

This would be great! The closest thing to the 1/1's that Funko has with each NFT drop but in this case you would actually have the physical collectible in-hand.

Lexi

Postby Lexi » Mon Jun 20, 2022 3:27 pm

DrunkoPop wrote:

All great ideas and I don’t see why they won’t make a NFT drop announcement. :idea:

Haven't jumped on the NFT bandwagon, been too busy buying baby things, so I'm curious if there will be a NFT drop during SDCC or Fundays.
FUNKO FUNDAYS 2015, 2016, 2022
FDO LA 6
World Premiere Making Fun

Funko Hollywood Grand Opening
FUNKON 2021

aprilyoufools

Postby aprilyoufools » Mon Jun 20, 2022 3:29 pm

CaseyJones14 wrote:

This is the NFT section of the forum so it shouldn’t be too surprising that lots of us in here would like them. I’m sure there will be Sodas given out at Fundays and not everyone is a fan of those either. It never hurts to have some variety.

Exactly. There's nothing wrong with wanting NFTs at Fundays. Here on the boards we toss around ideas and possibilities all the time about what Funko could do. And this community has been really helpful in pointing people in the right direction if they're open to learning about how to collect them. The NFTs have helped breathe new life into some of our favorite licenses and the grind of collecting.

kdmlvr

Postby kdmlvr » Mon Jun 20, 2022 4:55 pm

nascar246788 wrote:
FFNATIC wrote:I sure do hope not since it would be a hard HIT for those who cannot attend FUNDAYS. I have been working hard on my NFT collections and let me tell you it is not easy NOR is it CHEAP. WAX going up and down and BOTs that take your hard earned packs/cards. So much going on there but we all know FUNKO they more than likely will do something. Hopefully if so they make it where folks that don't/can't attend Fundays get the chance to acquire some.

:freddy2: :freddy2: :freddy2:

It would be a hit and suck. But that applies to all of Fundays. It is sucks for those that don't get the limited pops. Some of my favorite Freddy pops come from fundays.

Very true, but I do not think anyone would be shocked if it does happen at fundays.
Funko Pop Fan & Loungefly fan.

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Mon Jun 20, 2022 5:05 pm

Lexi wrote:
DrunkoPop wrote:

Haven't jumped on the NFT bandwagon, been too busy buying baby things, so I'm curious if there will be a NFT drop during SDCC or Fundays.

Oh I have no clue. I’m only hoping that there is. :razz:
Image Image
ImageImage

squidward

Postby squidward » Mon Jun 20, 2022 5:37 pm

Wow. The Scooby NFT redeemables are really expensive now. They seemed to have increased a lot in the last week.
Member of TUFF. Attended: Fundays 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, Virtual 2021, 2022. HQ Grand Opening. Hollywood Grand Opening. Making Fun Premiere. Funkon 1 & 2. Fright Night 1. Multiple SDCC, NYCC, ECCC, Fugitive Parties. Lover of Funko Artist Sketches.

Return to “NFT/Digital”