Need NFTs of Funko event tickets!!!

Funko has entered the world of Non-fungible tokens!
Nooklin

Need NFTs of Funko event tickets!!!

Postby Nooklin » Sat Jun 11, 2022 12:55 am

It would be awesome to get an NFT of your SDCC ticket, or Fundays ticket or NYC ticket or Fright Night ticket. They could just include a unique QR code when youn check in at the event.

0mie

Re: Need NFTs of Funko event tickets!!!

Postby 0mie » Sat Jun 11, 2022 1:01 am

Ok, this would be a cool momento of the experience! I’d be down for this & you could display your NFT!

My NFT collections zlyau.wam | wallet.dp | funatic.ftw
FUNKLUB MEMBER #1337

FunkoBurro3

Postby FunkoBurro3 » Sat Jun 11, 2022 1:04 am

This would be a great idea!
A unique numbered ticket only matched to your wallet.
Abel H 3 :freddy2:
The United Funko Family

-Funkowood (Funko Hollywood) Grand Opening
-Funko Virtual-Con 2020
-Funkon 2021
-SDCC-Special Edition 2021- Pop! Quiz - Auditions (Rejected)
-Funko Fundays 2022
-FDO9- San Diego 2023
-Camp Fundays 2023 (Sandwich survivor!)

they_call_me_alex

Postby they_call_me_alex » Sat Jun 11, 2022 1:22 am

I would love a Fundays NFT to add to the collection. It doesn't have to have any redemption or anything, but just be given to the attendees which would make it limited just from the number of attendees.

FunkOCD

Postby FunkOCD » Mon Jun 13, 2022 4:08 am

Would make things interesting if they made the Fundays tickets be actual Droppp NFTs... Would be a game changer!
ImageImageImageImage

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Mon Jun 13, 2022 9:29 am

FunkOCD wrote:Would make things interesting if they made the Fundays tickets be actual Droppp NFTs... Would be a game changer!

while i dig the concept, i still think we're a little far away from having enough network/product adoption for this to work. sure for anyone that understands the tech its a leg up but i don't think its what funko its looking to do (at least for now lol)

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Mon Jun 13, 2022 10:13 am

mongoose12 wrote:
FunkOCD wrote:Would make things interesting if they made the Fundays tickets be actual Droppp NFTs... Would be a game changer!

while i dig the concept, i still think we're a little far away from having enough network/product adoption for this to work. sure for anyone that understands the tech its a leg up but i don't think its what funko its looking to do (at least for now lol)

To piggyback off this idea they could have a NFT drop for people not attending and the Legendary/Grail could be actual items from Fundays to still give people a shot at obtaining those items.
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Mon Jun 13, 2022 10:23 am

CaseyJones14 wrote:
mongoose12 wrote:

To piggyback off this idea they could have a NFT drop for people not attending and the Legendary/Grail could be actual items from Fundays to still give people a shot at obtaining those items.

another cool concept but can you image the backlash from taking an L on attending fundays and somehow not scoring any legendary/grails on the hypothetical drop? this is assuming funko would charge for said drop, but if its a freebie/promo drop with the chance of scoring some fundays merch then ppl wouldn't be able to complain.

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Mon Jun 13, 2022 10:28 am

mongoose12 wrote:another cool concept but can you image the backlash from taking an L on attending fundays and somehow not scoring any legendary/grails on the hypothetical drop? this is assuming funko would drop for said drop, but if its a freebie/promo drop with the chance of scoring some fundays merch then ppl wouldn't be able to complain.

Any day that ends in Y has people complaining lol

I've heard Funko normally takes a loss from Fundays so any way to make more money for them and keep Fundays going is a win in my book.
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

yamster8888

Postby yamster8888 » Mon Jun 13, 2022 10:31 am

Nooklin wrote:It would be awesome to get an NFT of your SDCC ticket, or Fundays ticket or NYC ticket or Fright Night ticket. They could just include a unique QR code when youn check in at the event.

Oh what a great memory that would make!

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Mon Jun 13, 2022 10:34 am

CaseyJones14 wrote:
mongoose12 wrote:another cool concept but can you image the backlash from taking an L on attending fundays and somehow not scoring any legendary/grails on the hypothetical drop? this is assuming funko would drop for said drop, but if its a freebie/promo drop with the chance of scoring some fundays merch then ppl wouldn't be able to complain.

I've heard Funko normally takes a loss from Fundays so any way to make more money for them and keep Fundays going is a win in my book.

oh yes, they absolutely take a loss and i would always welcome method to help funko at least break even...this might deviate from the original subject lol but for a long time i've advocated for higher ticket prices that would cover funkos expenses as a way to ensure/help/prolong the survival of the event.

bakivali

Postby bakivali » Mon Jun 13, 2022 10:49 am

I already collect my ticket stubs for events that have them so I'm definitely down for NFT versions.
On a related note, I think NFT tickets could be a way to prevent/limit ticket scalping if they wanted to. Especially, if you they made it a NTT (non-transferable).

lavery01
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby lavery01 » Mon Jun 13, 2022 11:17 am

I like the idea! I like to have little momentos’ to remind me of special events I’ve attended. I have a lot of our tickets stubs from events from previous years. So yeah this would be very cool!
Hi I'm Latricia \:D/

plasticempire

Postby plasticempire » Mon Jun 13, 2022 11:36 am

I agree this would be cool. I feel like NFTs as tokens of memories is a cooler concept than just a photo for no reason.

keyese

Postby keyese » Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:01 pm

bakivali wrote:I already collect my ticket stubs for events that have them so I'm definitely down for NFT versions.
On a related note, I think NFT tickets could be a way to prevent/limit ticket scalping if they wanted to. Especially, if you they made it a NTT (non-transferable).

That would be really interesting - do the Fundays ticket purchases through Droppp instead of event brite and you use your NFT to get in at the door :0
AKA ElizabethKeyes on Twitch or keyese on Discord :freddy2:
ISO Mystery Minis!
Lord of the Rings: Eowyn (HT) and Lurtz (HT)
Avengers Endgame: 1/72 Hulk, 1/72 Hawkeye, 1/24 Black Widow (all Walmart exclusives)

Vteck

Postby Vteck » Mon Jun 13, 2022 12:02 pm

This is definitely a great idea
Hello I'm Victor!!

Pop count:2300

Dorbz count:110

Proto count:6

ImageImage

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Mon Jun 13, 2022 4:56 pm

This is a pretty cool idea. Even better yet an NFT of specific to each team at fundays. That would be a cool momento. Maybe something similar to the coin badges on here for each fundays team.
Collecting since 2014

FunkOCD

Postby FunkOCD » Mon Jun 13, 2022 5:06 pm

CaseyJones14 wrote:

Second people complaining regardless. There is no perfect situation, by any means!
ImageImageImageImage

FunkOCD

Postby FunkOCD » Mon Jun 13, 2022 5:08 pm

kihou wrote:
bakivali wrote:I already collect my ticket stubs for events that have them so I'm definitely down for NFT versions.

That would be really interesting - do the Fundays ticket purchases through Droppp instead of event brite and you use your NFT to get in at the door :0

Exactly this! Would definitely allow tracking of scalping/flipping and traceable!
ImageImageImageImage

Jdawgdaddy

Postby Jdawgdaddy » Mon Jun 13, 2022 7:00 pm

maybe that will be the ticket this year, an NFT..or maybe a special Fundays NFT for attendees??

LucyAnn

Postby LucyAnn » Mon Jun 13, 2022 9:17 pm

like a golden ticket ????

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Mon Jun 13, 2022 11:27 pm

FunkOCD wrote:
CaseyJones14 wrote:

Second people complaining regardless. There is no perfect situation, by any means!

Yeah no matter what funko does people will complain. I never get it. The entitlement is real.
Collecting since 2014

runtodere

Postby runtodere » Tue Jun 14, 2022 12:12 am

That's a great idea. Although, I wonder how they would distribute them

BestDadEver

Postby BestDadEver » Tue Jun 14, 2022 5:25 am

This is definitely a great idea. Would be especially cool for those that can’t get into fundays but still want a little something. Maybe even an exclusive for those that do get to attend
Image Image

Tusken

Postby Tusken » Tue Jun 14, 2022 6:40 pm

I like this and could see something like this down the road for sure. :freddy3:
Hi I'm Tusken.
Top Fan Badge of Funko, Funko Europe, Funko (Hollywood), Funko Games, Funko Blitz
Funko Winner of Danger Mouse 2021 - Twitter
Image Image Image Image

FunkOCD

Postby FunkOCD » Tue Jun 14, 2022 11:11 pm

runtodere wrote:

Link to purchase ticket as NFT? I dunno, but would be interesting to use to assign tables/team as well as a mintage for total attendance. Lots of possibilities!
ImageImageImageImage

Vertigo813

Postby Vertigo813 » Tue Jun 14, 2022 11:32 pm

I really like this idea, having a digital memento of SDCC and/or Fundays would great.
Image Image

runtodere

Postby runtodere » Tue Jun 14, 2022 11:58 pm

FunkOCD wrote:
runtodere wrote:

Link to purchase ticket as NFT? I dunno, but would be interesting to use to assign tables/team as well as a mintage for total attendance. Lots of possibilities!

This board would go crazy - everyone figuring out which table they are at? Would be pretty cool

Imagery
Hall of Fame Class of 2022
Hall of Fame Class of 2022

Postby Imagery » Wed Jun 15, 2022 1:05 am

This is a very interesting idea! For Fundays, the NFT could be a die cut card that matches your team with another overall NFT that represents the event's theme
Funklub member 2016000004714 a.k.a. Sarah
ISO: Ursula, 1/24 Freddy Mad Hatter; NBC Zero Mopeez; Despicable Me 3 Target exclusive PSHs; Freddy Flux Winky and Smiley; HT & Walmart exclusive Disney Villains MMs
Funko events attended: 2016 Fright Night; 2017 & 2018 FDO — Canada; Funkon 2021; Fundays Teams 2017 — Justice League, 2018 — Goonies, 2019 — Loko Moko, 2021 — Proto Punks, 2022 — Pop Protectors

wolfy233

Postby wolfy233 » Wed Jun 15, 2022 1:26 am

Vertigo813 wrote:I really like this idea, having a digital memento of SDCC and/or Fundays would great.

While I have no information to go on, it feels like con or Fundays will definitely have an nft(s) giveaway.

digithor

Postby digithor » Wed Jun 15, 2022 1:59 am

nascar246788 wrote:This is a pretty cool idea. Even better yet an NFT of specific to each team at fundays. That would be a cool momento. Maybe something similar to the coin badges on here for each fundays team.

That's a good idea, neat little souvenir for those people on each team. Of course even better if they had a physical coin to go with it.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Wed Jun 15, 2022 3:03 am

wolfy233 wrote:
Vertigo813 wrote:I really like this idea, having a digital memento of SDCC and/or Fundays would great.

While I have no information to go on, it feels like con or Fundays will definitely have an nft(s) giveaway.

I would be super shocked if there are no NFTs during the con.
Collecting since 2014

FunkOCD

Postby FunkOCD » Wed Jun 15, 2022 4:07 am

nascar246788 wrote:
wolfy233 wrote:

There's no precedence to have anything coincide...Yet.
ImageImageImageImage

wolfy233

Postby wolfy233 » Wed Jun 15, 2022 7:53 pm

FunkOCD wrote:
nascar246788 wrote:
wolfy233 wrote:

There's no precedence to have anything coincide...Yet.

Right? We live in unprecedented "yet" times, which makes me think it's definitely gonna happen, haha.

Serlent

Postby Serlent » Wed Jun 15, 2022 9:11 pm

Fundays NFTs amazing idea

Funko NFT's have been amazing still people don't get it and others want to group it with the likes of boredape and your regular NFT's that are pumped by millionaires but i believe the Funko NFT's are very unique with the redeemable pops. it makes a difference and if any form of NFT were to ever survive in the long run it would be this form were you get a chance at physical items that are exclusive.
Image Image

Takit0

Postby Takit0 » Wed Jun 15, 2022 9:30 pm

While a fun idea I think it forces people to buy into NFT's which is a controversial. I think it's best to leave the tickets with a ticketing service and give out NFT's at the event to give people the freedom to choose what they want to do in regards to NFTs.

angrykoalagear

Postby angrykoalagear » Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:16 pm

Nooklin wrote:It would be awesome to get an NFT of your SDCC ticket, or Fundays ticket or NYC ticket or Fright Night ticket. They could just include a unique QR code when youn check in at the event.

This is a great idea! Would definitely love to see this happen.

squidward

Postby squidward » Wed Jun 15, 2022 11:30 pm

I would not be surprised if Funko released Box of Fun NFT packs this year to go along with the physical, online Box of Fun. The NFT's could be designed based on the Freddy Pops that are given away at Fundays. And there could be grail redemption options that might be a completely new Freddy much like the digital NFT redemptions are new Freddy's.
Member of TUFF. Attended: Fundays 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, Virtual 2021, 2022. HQ Grand Opening. Hollywood Grand Opening. Making Fun Premiere. Funkon 1 & 2. Fright Night 1. Multiple SDCC, NYCC, ECCC, Fugitive Parties. Lover of Funko Artist Sketches.

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Thu Jun 16, 2022 1:45 am

squidward wrote:I would not be surprised if Funko released Box of Fun NFT packs this year to go along with the physical, online Box of Fun. The NFT's could be designed based on the Freddy Pops that are given away at Fundays. And there could be grail redemption options that might be a completely new Freddy much like the digital NFT redemptions are new Freddy's.

I think this would be absolutely awesome. I love this idea and I hope they do it.
Collecting since 2014

Dewdis

Postby Dewdis » Thu Jun 16, 2022 2:22 am

This idea is “legendary” lol!
Bring more utility to NFTs!

Return to “NFT/Digital”