MLP are next!

Funko has entered the world of Non-fungible tokens!
Rantt

Re: MLP are next!

Postby Rantt » Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:42 am

CoolNerd wrote:
scullysdad wrote:Anyone who wants to complete an inexpensive royalty, this is the one for you. I didn’t pull a single Epic from two packs but completed royalty today for less than $100.

For a set I was not even planning to work on, I was able to complete it really inexpensively so I am still Freddy complete for the NFTs.

Just saw this and Im taking your advice and I managed to complete the royalty set under $115 which is still a very good deal to me! Thank you for the suggestion!!!!

Ya I’m doing that too and it seems this is best way to get the Freddy!
:freddy2: Kent Chua

ISO: AstroBoy Protos, Maleficent Protos, Funko Freddy Protos.

Rantt

Postby Rantt » Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:44 am

a99kitten wrote:Was able to score 2 premium packs in queue. Finally had time to open them - got the Grail and the Maud Pie Legendary! Now I have to figure out if I want to go for the Royalty.

Wow congrats Celest! So lucky!!!!

Arloe8
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Arloe8 » Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:59 am

Does anyone ever pay attention to the pack numbers when they open?
Dorian Arloe

MisterJ85

Postby MisterJ85 » Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:36 pm

Wife completed royalty and we were lucky enough to pull 2 legendary and the grail from a few standard packs, I did not expect that drop to be so crazy.

Valde
HOF 2022 & CotM
HOF 2022 & CotM

Postby Valde » Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:43 pm

Arloe8 wrote:Does anyone ever pay attention to the pack numbers when they open?

I really only check out the card number when I open it, I did get a #4 of an epic.
Grail: Super Freddy
Jason - va1de on Instagram
ImageImageImage

jagpop

Postby jagpop » Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:04 pm

Yes. If I get a pack that is single digit, I tend to hold off on opening. Everything else is fair game.

I am not in danger, I am the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!

Rantt

Postby Rantt » Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:30 pm

I don't actually....Im so excited to unopen as soon as I see them on my dropp acct but I LOVE playing the video and seeing what's in the pack!

Rantt

Postby Rantt » Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:33 pm

MisterJ85 wrote:Wife completed royalty and we were lucky enough to pull 2 legendary and the grail from a few standard packs, I did not expect that drop to be so crazy.

Wow she is your lucky star!!!!! Congratulations on the pull! I never has such luck usually but Im hoping soon...my turn will come soon when im lucky to pull a grail out of a standard pack!

Oatmealman

Postby Oatmealman » Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:44 pm

MisterJ85 wrote:Wife completed royalty and we were lucky enough to pull 2 legendary and the grail from a few standard packs, I did not expect that drop to be so crazy.

Wow you guys did great! Congrats :cheers:
Matt
IG Oatmealman2287

MisterJ85

Postby MisterJ85 » Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:13 pm

Oatmealman wrote:

Wow you guys did great! Congrats :cheers:
Rantt wrote:

Wow she is your lucky star!!!!! Congratulations on the pull! I never has such luck usually but Im hoping soon...my turn will come soon when im lucky to pull a grail out of a standard pack!

Thanks! Usually I have the luck so she was very excited. It's hit and miss, this drop we had the luck but some of the others have been painful lol

Oatmealman

Postby Oatmealman » Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:15 pm

Same here.. some of them you feel like all you'll ever see is common :D
Matt
IG Oatmealman2287

Trendkill24hr

Postby Trendkill24hr » Thu Jun 30, 2022 5:17 pm

jagpop wrote:
Trendkill24hr wrote:
jagpop wrote:I think that was the consensus, but not the case. I'm just happy that we don't have to pay way over retail for a chance. At this rate I might just wait to buy a royalty off someone.

I bet a royalty coin will be cheaper than completing a set right now, however I’m impatient and did it anyways lol

I don't knock you for grabbing one now. You never know what the price will be a few weeks or months from now. It's a rollercoaster out there... lol

MLP is a super unpredictable roller coaster right now, I'm feeling I should have waited on getting those epics off the bat. lol
"Being a geek means never having to play it cool about how much you like something" Simon Pegg

Call me C.J. :)
Events: Fundays 2022 & 2023, Fright Night 2022, FDO9
Collection: 372 pieces as of 03/25/24
ISO Proto: Paka Paka Dragon

Trendkill24hr

Postby Trendkill24hr » Thu Jun 30, 2022 5:18 pm

Congratulations of that! I don't even want to disclose how many packs off the secondary market I had to open for that grail lol
"Being a geek means never having to play it cool about how much you like something" Simon Pegg

Call me C.J. :)
Events: Fundays 2022 & 2023, Fright Night 2022, FDO9
Collection: 372 pieces as of 03/25/24
ISO Proto: Paka Paka Dragon

Shadowfyre

Postby Shadowfyre » Fri Jul 01, 2022 12:24 am

I did it! I finally figured it all out and bought one pack for fun off of atomic hub! I didn't get the redeemable I wanted (wishful thinking!) but I did get an Epic and a few rares! It was fun opening the pack! I can see me having FOMO over the next few days and caving and buying more.
Hi, my name is Shady or as some would say Randi with an i

World of Warcraft Veteran & Feral Druid main

I have been collecting for about 8 years now - I attended my first Fundays in 2017!

Very first pop - Godzilla (Burning)

I currently collect:
*Anything that looks interesting!
*Maleficent* - would someday LOVE to own a Maleficent dragon proto!
Some Disney, Sonic, Godzilla & Freddys!

My personality matches my avatar :mal:

Oatmealman

Postby Oatmealman » Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:22 am

Shadowfyre wrote:I did it! I finally figured it all out and bought one pack for fun off of atomic hub! I didn't get the redeemable I wanted (wishful thinking!) but I did get an Epic and a few rares! It was fun opening the pack! I can see me having FOMO over the next few days and caving and buying more.

Nice! Congrats on figuring it out. Definitely a sense of accomplishment
Matt
IG Oatmealman2287

digithor

Postby digithor » Fri Jul 01, 2022 2:05 am

Shadowfyre wrote:I did it! I finally figured it all out and bought one pack for fun off of atomic hub! I didn't get the redeemable I wanted (wishful thinking!) but I did get an Epic and a few rares! It was fun opening the pack! I can see me having FOMO over the next few days and caving and buying more.

That "one more pack" feeling can get you.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

squidward

Postby squidward » Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:59 am

No, not really. But if I am buying packs from sellers, I will let my kids or someone else pick the pack number because I have zero luck. Well, actually probably negative luck. lol
Member of TUFF. Attended: Fundays 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, Virtual 2021, 2022. HQ Grand Opening. Hollywood Grand Opening. Making Fun Premiere. Funkon 1 & 2. Fright Night 1. Multiple SDCC, NYCC, ECCC, Fugitive Parties. Lover of Funko Artist Sketches.

aprilyoufools

Postby aprilyoufools » Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:10 pm

Some do, some don't. More so, if someone has multiple packs to open and they may gravitate toward certain numbers when trying to decide which pack to open next. Like if their lucky number is 5 and there's a pack number ending with 5 or has a bunch of 5's in it.
she/they • ARMY | MOA | Bunnies/Tokki | FEARNOT

Shadowfyre

Postby Shadowfyre » Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:38 pm

With the Hanna Barbera announcement, I'm seeing the prices of these MLP NFTs dropping..... dare I try for royalty? I didn't think Spike Freddy would be obtainable for me at a reasonable cost, but now the tides could be turning in my favor.

I have been collecting for about 8 years now - I attended my first Fundays in 2017!

I currently collect:

aprilyoufools

Postby aprilyoufools » Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:53 pm

Shadowfyre wrote:With the Hanna Barbera announcement, I'm seeing the prices of these MLP NFTs dropping..... dare I try for royalty? I didn't think Spike Freddy would be obtainable for me at a reasonable cost, but now the tides could be turning in my favor.

I think you should if you can. There's usually a dip during the "lull" weeks after the initial drop so if you're diligent about checking the "floor" (lowest priced NFTs/packs) on the secondary market, I'm sure you could pull off completing a royalty set. There's a tracker for each Funko NFT drop https://tracker.popinstock.com so you can track what the current price is for NFT royalty sets as well as each legendary and the grail (those for which the "snapshot" and redemption haven't happened yet).

Shadowfyre

Postby Shadowfyre » Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:29 pm

aprilyoufools wrote:
Shadowfyre wrote:With the Hanna Barbera announcement, I'm seeing the prices of these MLP NFTs dropping..... dare I try for royalty? I didn't think Spike Freddy would be obtainable for me at a reasonable cost, but now the tides could be turning in my favor.

I think you should if you can. There's usually a dip during the "lull" weeks after the initial drop so if you're diligent about checking the "floor" (lowest priced NFTs/packs) on the secondary market, I'm sure you could pull off completing a royalty set. There's a tracker for each Funko NFT drop https://tracker.popinstock.com so you can track what the current price is for NFT royalty sets as well as each legendary and the grail (those for which the "snapshot" and redemption haven't happened yet).

Thank you for this info! :)

I currently collect:

digithor

Postby digithor » Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:27 am

The ones you want to keep a watch over are the epics, usually they are the only ones that cost a fair amount. Keep checking those off and on through the day.
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
ImageImageImageImage

Shadowfyre

Postby Shadowfyre » Mon Jul 04, 2022 4:41 pm

Seems like there are no packs for sale on Atomic... seems strange considering how many are still sitting out there un opened... is this a normal pattern?

I currently collect:

Dsho333

Postby Dsho333 » Mon Jul 04, 2022 4:49 pm

Shadowfyre wrote:Seems like there are no packs for sale on Atomic... seems strange considering how many are still sitting out there un opened... is this a normal pattern?

Definitely still tons of packs left.

https://wax.atomichub.io/market?collect ... symbol=WAX

Shadowfyre

Postby Shadowfyre » Mon Jul 04, 2022 5:02 pm

Dsho333 wrote:
Shadowfyre wrote:Seems like there are no packs for sale on Atomic... seems strange considering how many are still sitting out there un opened... is this a normal pattern?

I wonder if I'm doing something wrong - it says "no listings" when I click the link - it's the same when I just do a general search on Atomic.

I currently collect:

Shadowfyre

Postby Shadowfyre » Mon Jul 04, 2022 5:07 pm

Shadowfyre wrote:
Dsho333 wrote:

I wonder if I'm doing something wrong - it says "no listings" when I click the link - it's the same when I just do a general search on Atomic.

It was a weird filter issue it seems :)

I currently collect:

Geescube
HoF 2016 & CotM
HoF 2016 & CotM

Postby Geescube » Tue Jul 05, 2022 1:31 am

Womp

Curiosity got the best of me. I bought 4 standards foe 13$ a piece and only pulled one epic :( and no redeemables

Charger14
Hall of Fame Class of 2023
Hall of Fame Class of 2023

Postby Charger14 » Fri Jul 08, 2022 4:27 pm

My son bought 2 Premium packs and was going to sell them and try and buy the Kellogg's Cornelius. But premium packs are only going for $30 each now so I told him I would buy the 2 packs off of him so he wouldn't lose money. Plus I had never opened any of the packs so I wanted to see how it worked. We opened both packs and pulled a grail Rarity out of each pack. I ended up taking back $30 and transferred one of the Rarity Pops to his account. Now he can sell it and get Cornelius and another Kellogg Pop.
WOBBLER WANT LIST:
GROOVY GHOULIES - MUST HAVE
HECKLE & JECKLE
20" GALACTUS
DC SUPERHEROES

aprilyoufools

Postby aprilyoufools » Sat Jul 09, 2022 1:25 am

Charger14 wrote:My son bought 2 Premium packs and was going to sell them and try and buy the Kellogg's Cornelius. But premium packs are only going for $30 each now so I told him I would buy the 2 packs off of him so he wouldn't lose money. Plus I had never opened any of the packs so I wanted to see how it worked. We opened both packs and pulled a grail Rarity out of each pack. I ended up taking back $30 and transferred one of the Rarity Pops to his account. Now he can sell it and get Cornelius and another Kellogg Pop.

That's awesome - congrats on the lucky pulls!

digithor

Postby digithor » Sat Jul 09, 2022 3:29 am

That's rather lucky to get.
ImageImageImageImage

Shadowfyre

Postby Shadowfyre » Wed Jul 13, 2022 11:18 pm

I decided to go back and buy another MLP Premium pack since they are slightly under retail right now and I was hoping to get the Sunset Shimmer Legendary. Fam - I got the Grail!!!! I am in SHOCK! How exciting!

I currently collect:

scullysdad

Postby scullysdad » Wed Jul 13, 2022 11:42 pm

Shadowfyre wrote:I decided to go back and buy another MLP Premium pack since they are slightly under retail right now and I was hoping to get the Sunset Shimmer Legendary. Fam - I got the Grail!!!! I am in SHOCK! How exciting!

Congrats! I have pulled the two grails I really wanted - Devil Freddy and Spock - and it’s really a great feeling.
Please Funko make Taylor Swift Pops!

Most wanted non-Taylor Pops: Carson Teva, Naru from Prey, The Last of Us TV show

digithor

Postby digithor » Thu Jul 14, 2022 2:54 am

Shadowfyre wrote:I decided to go back and buy another MLP Premium pack since they are slightly under retail right now and I was hoping to get the Sunset Shimmer Legendary. Fam - I got the Grail!!!! I am in SHOCK! How exciting!

Decent time to get some of those packs if a person missed on the release, of course even better to get a redeemable like you did. :)
ImageImageImageImage

Rantt

Postby Rantt » Thu Jul 14, 2022 3:07 am

Congratulations! Im so tempted to go n complete another royality set as its pretty low now.

Shadowfyre

Postby Shadowfyre » Thu Jul 14, 2022 11:30 am

Rantt wrote:

Congratulations! Im so tempted to go n complete another royality set as its pretty low now.

I know that feeling! I am super tempted too!

I currently collect:

scullysdad

Postby scullysdad » Sat Jul 30, 2022 8:35 am

I have not really kept an eye on this set because I don’t collect MLP, but if you are a fan and have been on the fence about NFTs, you might want to think about picking some of these up. The Legendary redeemables are all around $40, and that’s a steal for Pops that limited.
Please Funko make Taylor Swift Pops!

Most wanted non-Taylor Pops: Carson Teva, Naru from Prey, The Last of Us TV show

Hauntslice

Postby Hauntslice » Sat Jul 30, 2022 11:09 am

Never been a fan of MLP but I do like me some royalty Freddy's

Return to “NFT/Digital”