MLP are next!

Funko has entered the world of Non-fungible tokens!
ComicsZombie

Re: MLP are next!

Postby ComicsZombie » Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:51 pm

scullysdad wrote:Out of my two premiums, zero Epics but I did pull a Legendary Queen Chrysalis. Might try to trade her eventually. Undecided on going for royalty just because I didn't pull any Epics which makes it a more expensive proposition.

Royalty is not terrible at the moment, it's just getting that wax together...
#BeastBoyShrine
ISO: >> \:D/ Any Beast Boy Proto (in White and color), & My Hero Academia Wave 2 Protos <<

"I don't collect LEGOs. I play with LEGOs. I don't play with Pops. I collect Pops."

IG: ComicsZombie
TW: @ComicsZombie
Tumblr: TheComicsZombie
YT: ComicsZombie

Shadowfyre

Postby Shadowfyre » Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:04 pm

scullysdad wrote:Out of my two premiums, zero Epics but I did pull a Legendary Queen Chrysalis. Might try to trade her eventually. Undecided on going for royalty just because I didn't pull any Epics which makes it a more expensive proposition.

Very nice! That was on my redeemable want list! I really only like 3 of the redeemables! I'm sure if you decide to trade or sell you'll have no issues :)
Hi, my name is Shady or as some would say Randi with an i

World of Warcraft Veteran & Feral Druid main

I have been collecting for about 8 years now - I attended my first Fundays in 2017!

Very first pop - Godzilla (Burning)

I currently collect:
*Anything that looks interesting!
*Maleficent* - would someday LOVE to own a Maleficent dragon proto!
Some Disney, Sonic, Godzilla & Freddys!

My personality matches my avatar :mal:

becks77

Postby becks77 » Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:16 pm

Was lucky enough to pick up a few packs! I said I wasn't, but I did. :smt024

I'm not one to rip right away, so hopefully in the coming weeks I'll have some good luck! :cheers:
:freddy3: Hello, I'm Becks | Los Angeles, CA
Instagram: @west_coast_pop_n

jcrook

Postby jcrook » Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:17 pm

Dsho333 wrote:Got princess Luna, queen chrysalis and sunset shimmer legendary!

Congrats on your pulls. Very nice
Funko Fundays 2017
FunKon 2021
SDCC 2017, 2018, 2022

I go by Crook

jcrook

Postby jcrook » Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:17 pm

becks77 wrote:Was lucky enough to pick up a few packs! I said I wasn't, but I did. :smt024

I'm not one to rip right away, so hopefully in the coming weeks I'll have some good luck! :cheers:

Your self control is amazing, I wouldn't be able to resist. :roflmao:
Funko Fundays 2017
FunKon 2021
SDCC 2017, 2018, 2022

I go by Crook

becks77

Postby becks77 » Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:27 pm

jcrook wrote:
becks77 wrote:Was lucky enough to pick up a few packs! I said I wasn't, but I did. :smt024

Haha, It may go hand in hand with a light wallet! I have to stretch the experiance to justify it a bit. I always trip out when I see posts like, "just ripped 10 standard & 4 premiums". Always feel like,.. how do they do that! :-k
:freddy3: Hello, I'm Becks | Los Angeles, CA
Instagram: @west_coast_pop_n

Oatmealman

Postby Oatmealman » Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:29 pm

Sweeeet! The zero epics stings a bit since those are the gatekeepers to the royalty set, but any redeemable in a pack is a good pack! =D>
Matt
IG Oatmealman2287

jcrook

Postby jcrook » Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:29 pm

Shadowfyre wrote:Oh wow - strike out for me. At least I got to experience the process for the first time. RNG wasn't in my favor. Glad for those that scored!

I found out it isn't as easy as what you would think, almost like getting SDCC badges, the luck of the queue.
Funko Fundays 2017
FunKon 2021
SDCC 2017, 2018, 2022

I go by Crook

jcrook

Postby jcrook » Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:30 pm

becks77 wrote:
jcrook wrote:

Haha, It may go hand in hand with a light wallet! I have to stretch the experiance to justify it a bit. I always trip out when I see posts like, "just ripped 10 standard & 4 premiums". Always feel like,.. how do they do that! :-k

Oh I hear you, the closer we get to SDCC the tighter I have to be with my purchases, hotel room were a killer this year.
Funko Fundays 2017
FunKon 2021
SDCC 2017, 2018, 2022

I go by Crook

Oatmealman

Postby Oatmealman » Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:30 pm

CaseyJones14 wrote:A certain someone with a Mikey avatar hooked me up with a few premium packs and I got the Grail! :cheers:

Hey you picked the packs like I said, but thrilled to see it! Looks like you might have to finish that royalty set after all lol
Matt
IG Oatmealman2287

a99kitten
HoF 2021 & CotM
HoF 2021 & CotM

Postby a99kitten » Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:38 pm

Was able to score 2 premium packs in queue. Finally had time to open them - got the Grail and the Maud Pie Legendary! Now I have to figure out if I want to go for the Royalty.
FunKlub member #10577 Celeste reporting for duty :) December 2016 Collector of the Month! 2021 Hall of Fame!
5 Customs, 70 protos, 2800+ POPs (+ MLP vinyls, Hikari, Wobblers, Minis, Soda, Dorbz..)

ImageImage

Oatmealman

Postby Oatmealman » Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:44 pm

a99kitten wrote:Was able to score 2 premium packs in queue. Finally had time to open them - got the Grail and the Maud Pie Legendary! Now I have to figure out if I want to go for the Royalty.

Holy cow what a great couple of packs! :wwe12:
Matt
IG Oatmealman2287

Dsho333

Postby Dsho333 » Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:32 pm

Finished royalty!

MajorLeaguePops

Postby MajorLeaguePops » Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:44 pm

Dsho333 wrote:Finished royalty!

but at what cost? lol

Rantt

Postby Rantt » Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:47 pm

Wow congratulations!! I’m still trying my best to complete it!
:freddy2: Kent Chua

ISO: AstroBoy Protos, Maleficent Protos, Funko Freddy Protos.

Serlent

Postby Serlent » Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:03 pm

hopefully you guys got them this was the first NFT set i didnt go for
Image Image

Dsho333

Postby Dsho333 » Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:17 pm

Rantt wrote:

Wow congratulations!! I’m still trying my best to complete it!

Thanks! Do you have any duplicate epics, you can message me if you do

Trendkill24hr

Postby Trendkill24hr » Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:21 pm

Ok so I might have went way too hard on MLP, I had to buy most of my packs from the secondary market. BUT, I hit all the redeemables and got a royalty set. FTR I didnt get them for myself lol
"Being a geek means never having to play it cool about how much you like something" Simon Pegg

Call me C.J. :)
Events: Fundays 2022 & 2023, Fright Night 2022, FDO9
Collection: 372 pieces as of 03/25/24
ISO Proto: Paka Paka Dragon

Trendkill24hr

Postby Trendkill24hr » Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:22 pm

a99kitten wrote:Was able to score 2 premium packs in queue. Finally had time to open them - got the Grail and the Maud Pie Legendary! Now I have to figure out if I want to go for the Royalty.

Nice score! It took me about 10 packs off the secondary market before I hit that grail lol
"Being a geek means never having to play it cool about how much you like something" Simon Pegg

Dsho333

Postby Dsho333 » Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:24 pm

Trendkill24hr wrote:Ok so I might have went way too hard on MLP, I had to buy most of my packs from the secondary market. BUT, I hit all the redeemables and got a royalty set. FTR I didnt get them for myself lol

Nice! Glad you got everything!

LakerSpartan117

Postby LakerSpartan117 » Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:32 pm

Hope everyone in queue today got what they wanted! Skipped this drop but hope some funatics got some nice redemptions!
ImageImageImageImageImage

aprilyoufools

Postby aprilyoufools » Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:42 am

Trendkill24hr wrote:Ok so I might have went way too hard on MLP, I had to buy most of my packs from the secondary market. BUT, I hit all the redeemables and got a royalty set. FTR I didnt get them for myself lol

Congrats! At some point, it was easier to just go on the secondary market while the packs were still selling on droppp since there was (and still is) barely a markup. Currently the lowest-priced premium packs are at around $33-34. And nothing wrong if you did get them for yourself. ;-) lol
she/they • ARMY | MOA | Bunnies/Tokki | FEARNOT

aprilyoufools

Postby aprilyoufools » Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:53 am

jcrook wrote:
becks77 wrote:
jcrook wrote:

Oh I hear you, the closer we get to SDCC the tighter I have to be with my purchases, hotel room were a killer this year.

Yeah, I couldn't do it either. I had to think ahead to SDCC then 3 more cons after that for the rest of the summer. I'll admit it though, it was tempting to try and see if I could get through in the queue. But then I'd feel like I should buy and I didn't want to go down that road.

jagpop

Postby jagpop » Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:58 am

Packs going for retail on Ahub. This is encouraging. Might have to try my luck again with a pack or two.

I am not in danger, I am the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!

brooklyn_geek

Postby brooklyn_geek » Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:37 am

jagpop wrote:Packs going for retail on Ahub. This is encouraging. Might have to try my luck again with a pack or two.

What??? I thought these would get eaten up by the Bronies lol

jagpop

Postby jagpop » Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:49 am

brooklyn_geek wrote:
jagpop wrote:Packs going for retail on Ahub. This is encouraging. Might have to try my luck again with a pack or two.

I think that was the consensus, but not the case. I'm just happy that we don't have to pay way over retail for a chance. At this rate I might just wait to buy a royalty off someone.

I am not in danger, I am the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!

Trendkill24hr

Postby Trendkill24hr » Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:24 pm

aprilyoufools wrote:

Congrats! At some point, it was easier to just go on the secondary market while the packs were still selling on droppp since there was (and still is) barely a markup. Currently the lowest-priced premium packs are at around $33-34. And nothing wrong if you did get them for yourself. ;-) lol

Well I did complete a royalty for myself, but there’s going to be one happy girl here several months from now. Haha

Trendkill24hr

Postby Trendkill24hr » Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:25 pm

jagpop wrote:
brooklyn_geek wrote:

I think that was the consensus, but not the case. I'm just happy that we don't have to pay way over retail for a chance. At this rate I might just wait to buy a royalty off someone.

I bet a royalty coin will be cheaper than completing a set right now, however I’m impatient and did it anyways lol

jagpop

Postby jagpop » Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:07 pm

Trendkill24hr wrote:
jagpop wrote:
brooklyn_geek wrote:What??? I thought these would get eaten up by the Bronies lol

I bet a royalty coin will be cheaper than completing a set right now, however I’m impatient and did it anyways lol

I don't knock you for grabbing one now. You never know what the price will be a few weeks or months from now. It's a rollercoaster out there... lol

jcrook

Postby jcrook » Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:54 pm

aprilyoufools wrote:
jcrook wrote:
becks77 wrote:

Yeah, I couldn't do it either. I had to think ahead to SDCC then 3 more cons after that for the rest of the summer. I'll admit it though, it was tempting to try and see if I could get through in the queue. But then I'd feel like I should buy and I didn't want to go down that road.

Yes, I did that once, just to see how I would do in the queue and I did get in and could have bought, but i resisted, but don't like tempting fate.
Funko Fundays 2017
FunKon 2021
SDCC 2017, 2018, 2022

I go by Crook

Dsho333

Postby Dsho333 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:29 pm

Finished another royalty set

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:31 pm

Sold one of my DC redeemables and finished up the MLP Royalty!

Staying Freddy complete :D
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

aprilyoufools

Postby aprilyoufools » Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:34 pm

jagpop wrote:
Trendkill24hr wrote:
jagpop wrote:I think that was the consensus, but not the case. I'm just happy that we don't have to pay way over retail for a chance. At this rate I might just wait to buy a royalty off someone.

I don't knock you for grabbing one now. You never know what the price will be a few weeks or months from now. It's a rollercoaster out there... lol

I would've done the same. It's like a convenience/security fee, knowing you have it and not have to worry about keeping an eye on the market and buying at the "right time."

aprilyoufools

Postby aprilyoufools » Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:35 pm

Dsho333 wrote:Finished another royalty set

CaseyJones14 wrote:Sold one of my DC redeemables and finished up the MLP Royalty!

Staying Freddy complete :D

Congrats! Always a sweet feeling to complete a royalty set =D> =D> =D>

Shadowfyre

Postby Shadowfyre » Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:12 pm

Sooooo - been doing some more research - I was able to set up a WAX account - I went to Crypto.com (since I already had an account there) to buy the 5 WAX needed to verify the wallet - however Crypto.com is making me wait 24 hours to send since the WAX wallet was just whitelisted. Slowly but surely I will get there to hopefully be able to participate in the future!
Hi, my name is Shady or as some would say Randi with an i

World of Warcraft Veteran & Feral Druid main

I have been collecting for about 8 years now - I attended my first Fundays in 2017!

Very first pop - Godzilla (Burning)

I currently collect:
*Anything that looks interesting!
*Maleficent* - would someday LOVE to own a Maleficent dragon proto!
Some Disney, Sonic, Godzilla & Freddys!

My personality matches my avatar :mal:

scullysdad

Postby scullysdad » Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:20 pm

Anyone who wants to complete an inexpensive royalty, this is the one for you. I didn’t pull a single Epic from two packs but completed royalty today for less than $100.

For a set I was not even planning to work on, I was able to complete it really inexpensively so I am still Freddy complete for the NFTs.
Please Funko make Taylor Swift Pops!

Most wanted non-Taylor Pops: Carson Teva, Naru from Prey, The Last of Us TV show

Arloe8
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Arloe8 » Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:19 am

Glad to see I wasn’t the only one who didn’t make it into the actual drop to purchase lol. Been slowly chipping away at some commons and uncommons. Hoping to pull a couple legendaries through the secondary market. It’s crazy when it’s a drop you want you have no luck ](*,)
Dorian Arloe

aprilyoufools

Postby aprilyoufools » Thu Jun 30, 2022 5:29 am

Shadowfyre wrote:Sooooo - been doing some more research - I was able to set up a WAX account - I went to Crypto.com (since I already had an account there) to buy the 5 WAX needed to verify the wallet - however Crypto.com is making me wait 24 hours to send since the WAX wallet was just whitelisted. Slowly but surely I will get there to hopefully be able to participate in the future!

It's all quite a learning curve but soon you'll be set for future NFT drops!

CoolNerd

Postby CoolNerd » Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:21 am

Wow congratulations !!!!!!
Just a collector who loves Funko!!

CoolNerd

Postby CoolNerd » Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:22 am

scullysdad wrote:Anyone who wants to complete an inexpensive royalty, this is the one for you. I didn’t pull a single Epic from two packs but completed royalty today for less than $100.

For a set I was not even planning to work on, I was able to complete it really inexpensively so I am still Freddy complete for the NFTs.

Just saw this and Im taking your advice and I managed to complete the royalty set under $115 which is still a very good deal to me! Thank you for the suggestion!!!!
Just a collector who loves Funko!!

Return to “NFT/Digital”