MLP are next!

Funko has entered the world of Non-fungible tokens!
Valde
HOF 2022 & CotM
HOF 2022 & CotM

Re: MLP are next!

Postby Valde » Sat Jun 18, 2022 9:15 am

Geescube wrote:Holla to the bronies!

Does watching all the episodes and movies with my daughter make me a bronie? We did get her the Pops, Vinyl Ponies, minis, and Cupcakes. It’s pretty cool to see some new ones coming back in some form.
Grail: Super Freddy
Jason - va1de on Instagram
ImageImageImage

Shadowfyre

Postby Shadowfyre » Sat Jun 18, 2022 12:02 pm

AutumnsToyz wrote:
Shadowfyre wrote:I may actually have to cave and try for these - reading the instructions on how to set up the wallet etc. doesn't seem to hard.... I have some of the FUNKO GITD and Glitter MLP from a few years ago - these look neat!

Let me know if you need help. Sully also does a Twitch stream the day before a drop that helps new people figure out how to make a wallet.

Oh wow! Thank you so much! I will definitely let you know if I need some help!
Hi, my name is Shady or as some would say Randi with an i

World of Warcraft Veteran & Feral Druid main

I have been collecting for about 8 years now - I attended my first Fundays in 2017!

Very first pop - Godzilla (Burning)

I currently collect:
*Anything that looks interesting!
*Maleficent* - would someday LOVE to own a Maleficent dragon proto!
Some Disney, Sonic, Godzilla & Freddys!

My personality matches my avatar :mal:

Shadowfyre

Postby Shadowfyre » Sat Jun 18, 2022 12:04 pm

aprilyoufools wrote:
AutumnsToyz wrote:
Shadowfyre wrote:I may actually have to cave and try for these - reading the instructions on how to set up the wallet etc. doesn't seem to hard.... I have some of the FUNKO GITD and Glitter MLP from a few years ago - these look neat!

Let me know if you need help. Sully also does a Twitch stream the day before a drop that helps new people figure out how to make a wallet.

^^ Jimmy helped a lot of us set up our WAX wallets over a year or so ago. I may or may not have a link to an old stream where Sully does a walkthrough, navigating through a NFT release and shopping around on the secondary market (AtomicHub). That link may or may not still be available, depending on how old it is. Anyway his walkthrough has been very helpful for others who are just getting into Funko NFTs.

Thank you! I miss Sully working for FUNKO :( Glad he is doing so well though! :)

I have been collecting for about 8 years now - I attended my first Fundays in 2017!

I currently collect:

scullysdad

Postby scullysdad » Sat Jun 18, 2022 12:27 pm

Funko_Phan26 wrote:I think the freddy royalty looks cute...these freddy royalty designs have all been fiiiiire so far.

I love the Freddy too and I have been NFT Freddy complete, but this is a pretty big set and I am not a fan of MLP so I might skip it unless it’s fairly inexpensive.
Please Funko make Taylor Swift Pops!

Most wanted non-Taylor Pops: Carson Teva, Naru from Prey, The Last of Us TV show

Rantt

Postby Rantt » Sat Jun 18, 2022 1:04 pm

CoolNerd wrote:
Rantt wrote:I think I gonna pass on the MLP but I will still try to get the Freddy thou..Ps....the Freddy looks more like Figment to me.....

For a moment I need to go back to search for my Figment to see how it looks like and yup I agree they looks bit alike!

They somehow looks abit alike to me lol. It’s a cool Freddy n I actually like it.
:freddy2: Kent Chua

ISO: AstroBoy Protos, Maleficent Protos, Funko Freddy Protos.

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Sat Jun 18, 2022 1:32 pm

AutumnsToyz wrote:Not going to lie, I'm going ham on this set and my wallet is going to hate me since its less than a month before SDCC, sorry wallet

I told you MLP would eventually come for you! I definitely want Freddy as Spike, but hopefully I get lucky to help you out with some of the others.
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

Cmpotter
Spirit Award
Spirit Award

Postby Cmpotter » Sat Jun 18, 2022 3:48 pm

Valde wrote:

Does watching all the episodes and movies with my daughter make me a bronie? We did get her the Pops, Vinyl Ponies, minis, and Cupcakes. It’s pretty cool to see some new ones coming back in some form.

Nahhhh Josh and I have watched a bunch of MLP with our girls and got them most of the pops. You get sucked in at times watching lol I’m super stoked for this line, I’ve been safe with NFTs since the Halloween Freddy but this is a for sure neeeeeeed!
Image Image

opopssum

Postby opopssum » Sat Jun 18, 2022 3:54 pm

Not gonna lie I didn’t think the thing to get me to buy an NFT would be my little pony but here we are.
That Freddy is just too cute to not give it a go.
If anything owning some digital pony’s won’t be so bad
If that’s how any of this works lol I need to verse my self on NFTs for ver the coming days.
- tauntaunking on instagram

Shadowfyre

Postby Shadowfyre » Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:45 pm

OK - I have a dropp account now - I was looking at the MLP release - what are 1/1 cards? I mean I get that only one exists, but does a physical pop come with those too or it's just "Sweet you got the rarest NFT!" type thing?

I currently collect:

POP&lock

Postby POP&lock » Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:16 pm

Shadowfyre wrote:OK - I have a dropp account now - I was looking at the MLP release - what are 1/1 cards? I mean I get that only one exists, but does a physical pop come with those too or it's just "Sweet you got the rarest NFT!" type thing?

No, the 1 of 1 cards are just extremely rare which makes them valuable! The legendary & grail cards are the ones that you can redeem for physical pops or sodas.. they are still rare, but definitely possible to pull
Current count over 3000! I love Count Chocula! Currently trying to aquire all things count related.
Instagrams: kronic_funko_bulbasaur
:freddy1: Original Funko FunKlub #1188
Image Image

POP&lock

Postby POP&lock » Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:20 pm

Me and the wife are excited for this release! Actually some awesome characters that we have needed for awhile!
Current count over 3000! I love Count Chocula! Currently trying to aquire all things count related.
Image Image

Shadowfyre

Postby Shadowfyre » Sat Jun 18, 2022 11:14 pm

POP&lock wrote:
Shadowfyre wrote:OK - I have a dropp account now - I was looking at the MLP release - what are 1/1 cards? I mean I get that only one exists, but does a physical pop come with those too or it's just "Sweet you got the rarest NFT!" type thing?

No, the 1 of 1 cards are just extremely rare which makes them valuable! The legendary & grail cards are the ones that you can redeem for physical pops or sodas.. they are still rare, but definitely possible to pull

Thank you!!! :)

I currently collect:

aprilyoufools

Postby aprilyoufools » Sun Jun 19, 2022 2:07 am

Shadowfyre wrote:
POP&lock wrote:

Thank you!!! :)

You could choose to keep the 1/1 in your collection, or you can try to sell it off for more WAX if you wanted to since it's difficult for some to buy WAX due to their credit/debit card companies and banks and/or restrictions due to the state or country they live in. Especially if that WAX will end up going back into helping with future NFT releases.
she/they • ARMY | MOA | Bunnies/Tokki | FEARNOT

digithor

Postby digithor » Sun Jun 19, 2022 2:14 am

Not my sort of line, but I can see how it could bring in some new interest for the nft section.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

yamster8888

Postby yamster8888 » Sun Jun 19, 2022 8:26 am

Is it me or does Freddy look more Like Barney than a MLP?

yamster8888

Postby yamster8888 » Sun Jun 19, 2022 8:29 am

CaseyJones14 wrote:
AutumnsToyz wrote:Not going to lie, I'm going ham on this set and my wallet is going to hate me since its less than a month before SDCC, sorry wallet

I told you MLP would eventually come for you! I definitely want Freddy as Spike, but hopefully I get lucky to help you out with some of the others.

LE2400 sure is a lot of Freddy even though set bonus is what 90+ pieces

POP&lock

Postby POP&lock » Sun Jun 19, 2022 10:28 am

I started just buying the redemption coin once ppl get them.. you don't end up with the whole set of nfts, but if all you want is the Freddy it's definitely cheaper :)
Image Image

nascar246788

Postby nascar246788 » Mon Jun 20, 2022 3:22 am

This is one NFT set I think I am going to sit out. I just am not really a big fan of my little pony. I will save my money for SDCC.
Collecting since 2014

yamster8888

Postby yamster8888 » Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:06 am

nascar246788 wrote:This is one NFT set I think I am going to sit out. I just am not really a big fan of my little pony. I will save my money for SDCC.

Any word how both will work this year for SDCC?

MisterJ85

Postby MisterJ85 » Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:24 am

nascar246788 wrote:This is one NFT set I think I am going to sit out. I just am not really a big fan of my little pony. I will save my money for SDCC.

Same, although I'm not sure if the wife will want Spike, she likes the more unique Freddy variants. That's the trouble having 2 collectors in the house.

Rantt

Postby Rantt » Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:44 am

POP&lock wrote:I started just buying the redemption coin once ppl get them.. you don't end up with the whole set of nfts, but if all you want is the Freddy it's definitely cheaper :)

Im thinking the same as well....just buy from the secondary market for the royalty..but what I'm worry of is everyone want the Freddy and demand is high yet the stock is limited and end up paying more then buying a few packs and starts trading.

CoolNerd

Postby CoolNerd » Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:51 am

Rantt wrote:
CoolNerd wrote:
Rantt wrote:I think I gonna pass on the MLP but I will still try to get the Freddy thou..Ps....the Freddy looks more like Figment to me.....

For a moment I need to go back to search for my Figment to see how it looks like and yup I agree they looks bit alike!

They somehow looks abit alike to me lol. It’s a cool Freddy n I actually like it.

Hopefully I can be lucky enough to have either one and I will be super happy!
Just a collector who loves Funko!!

DrunkoPop

Postby DrunkoPop » Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:59 am

I love the Freddy Funko but a pass for me. Not a fan. =;
Image Image
ImageImage

Rantt

Postby Rantt » Mon Jun 20, 2022 12:13 pm

CoolNerd wrote:
Rantt wrote:
CoolNerd wrote:

Hopefully I can be lucky enough to have either one and I will be super happy!

Its always good to collect Freddy! lets try collecting them!

Arloe8
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Arloe8 » Mon Jun 20, 2022 1:48 pm

Funko has finally brought me back in! Pokémon has been fun but ponies my first love. Hopefully I don’t have to spend my too much to complete the set!
Dorian Arloe

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Mon Jun 20, 2022 2:18 pm

Arloe8 wrote:Funko has finally brought me back in! Pokémon has been fun but ponies my first love. Hopefully I don’t have to spend my too much to complete the set!

I was hoping you'd be on board for this set! :cheers:

Still have the Cheese Sandwich mystery mini proto you gave me many years ago. Hope all is well with you!
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

AutumnsToyz

Postby AutumnsToyz » Mon Jun 20, 2022 5:00 pm

CaseyJones14 wrote:

This is true. I showed the NFTs to Autumn and she was like daddy, can we get them all and I told her, thats the plan.

Hi, I'm Jimmy (Formerly CalPolyIdiot)

IG: AutumnsToyz
Twitter: AutumnsToyz
Twitch: twitch.tv/autumnstoyz
DP Wallet: AutumnToy.dp
Wax Wallet 5w3rg.wam

Total Pops: I lost count after 1000
ISO: Freddy Funko's and Disney
My collection: https://www.hobbydb.com/marketplaces/po ... diot?order

ImageImageImage

Universal_ghost

Postby Universal_ghost » Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:10 pm

I want that freddy lol I just don't know how much I'd be willing spend on packs to try and complete a royalty

beckysaurus
HoF 2018 & CotM
HoF 2018 & CotM

Postby beckysaurus » Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:53 am

Valde wrote:

If you did this and you’re okay with it, then yes, you’re officially a Bronie.

*brohoof*
San Diego funatic

beckysaurus
HoF 2018 & CotM
HoF 2018 & CotM

Postby beckysaurus » Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:54 am

yamster8888 wrote:

You want to visit one of the sdcc threads for that question, mate. Wrong thread here.
San Diego funatic

TVader27

Postby TVader27 » Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:15 am

The Freddy Spike is amazing. My daughter really wants a few of them. This one was a hit for us.

Arloe8
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby Arloe8 » Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:22 pm

Bronies represent.
Dorian Arloe

POP&lock

Postby POP&lock » Tue Jun 21, 2022 6:36 pm

Rantt wrote:
POP&lock wrote:I started just buying the redemption coin once ppl get them.. you don't end up with the whole set of nfts, but if all you want is the Freddy it's definitely cheaper :)

Im thinking the same as well....just buy from the secondary market for the royalty..but what I'm worry of is everyone want the Freddy and demand is high yet the stock is limited and end up paying more then buying a few packs and starts trading.

The last time I did the math, it would have cost me around $400 to get all the cards to complete the royalty set and I was able to get the Freddy for around $180.. but it's not quite as fun as doing the work and collecting all the nfts
Image Image

jagpop

Postby jagpop » Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:39 pm

This is going to be a cool drop. My nieces are going to want these.

I am not in danger, I am the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!

Rantt

Postby Rantt » Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:11 pm

POP&lock wrote:
Rantt wrote:

The last time I did the math, it would have cost me around $400 to get all the cards to complete the royalty set and I was able to get the Freddy for around $180.. but it's not quite as fun as doing the work and collecting all the nfts

I was thinking the same too. But the urge to buy and open the pack is always there but I guess I will stick to buying the freddy itself as it likely cost lesser.

FFNATIC

Postby FFNATIC » Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:25 pm

I am going to try for all of them! I don’t care what you say or think and NO I AM NOT A BRONY :mir1:
This is my signature, I know it's boring, I don't know how to add any badges #-o
Collection is OVER 9,000! honestly, I don't really know I've lost count after 3k!
I collect Funko, Lego, Hallmark, & Bombshells

FFNATIC

Postby FFNATIC » Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:29 pm

Rantt wrote:
POP&lock wrote:
Rantt wrote:Im thinking the same as well....just buy from the secondary market for the royalty..but what I'm worry of is everyone want the Freddy and demand is high yet the stock is limited and end up paying more then buying a few packs and starts trading.

I was thinking the same too. But the urge to buy and open the pack is always there but I guess I will stick to buying the freddy itself as it likely cost lesser.

I like the NFT cards so I try for them and the redeemable but yes I do agree with your point on some of the prices but not all.
This is my signature, I know it's boring, I don't know how to add any badges #-o
Collection is OVER 9,000! honestly, I don't really know I've lost count after 3k!

FFNATIC

Postby FFNATIC » Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:30 pm

beckysaurus wrote:
yamster8888 wrote:

You want to visit one of the sdcc threads for that question, mate. Wrong thread here.

](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

Kitzka
HoF 2017 & CotM
HoF 2017 & CotM

Postby Kitzka » Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:39 pm

Arloe8 wrote:Funko has finally brought me back in! Pokémon has been fun but ponies my first love. Hopefully I don’t have to spend my too much to complete the set!

The gangs all here!!

Lara

Looking for Care Bear Protos

JCFun

Postby JCFun » Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:43 am

Not a big bronny, so I'll probably pass and leave it up to true fans, but excited for all those are are fans :)
Image ImageImageImage

Return to “NFT/Digital”