Hanna Barbara Is Next

Funko has entered the world of Non-fungible tokens!
Dsho333

Re: Hanna Barbara Is Next

Postby Dsho333 » Fri Jul 08, 2022 11:55 am

mongoose12 wrote:
Dsho333 wrote:
mongoose12 wrote:
MLP has a major collector base and following, believe me even I am surprised every time I see MLP merch sell out but its a real thing. As it relates to the NFT packs, I do think the folks who scored packs over estimated how many MLP collectors would actually care to buy MLP NFTs without any guarantees of getting a physical collectable.

Personally I don't think what the license is matters anymore, they will sell out every time. There is almost no risk, you can either sell your packs at cost or for double usually or even 4 times like Scooby is going for.

excellent point. thus far i don't think we've had any drop not sell out and like you touched on i doubt it'll ever happen. if the bob ross drop can sell out then its happening forever lol

Bob ross didn't sell out, they burned tons of packs

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Fri Jul 08, 2022 12:40 pm

Dsho333 wrote:
mongoose12 wrote:
Dsho333 wrote:
Personally I don't think what the license is matters anymore, they will sell out every time. There is almost no risk, you can either sell your packs at cost or for double usually or even 4 times like Scooby is going for.

excellent point. thus far i don't think we've had any drop not sell out and like you touched on i doubt it'll ever happen. if the bob ross drop can sell out then its happening forever lol

I’ll take my L and go now. :oops:

Dsho333

Postby Dsho333 » Fri Jul 08, 2022 1:01 pm

mongoose12 wrote:
Dsho333 wrote:
mongoose12 wrote:

I’ll take my L and go now. :oops:

It's all good, it was a long time ago and I believe after it closed it did say sold out

Shadowfyre

Postby Shadowfyre » Fri Jul 08, 2022 1:10 pm

digithor wrote:
Shadowfyre wrote:
Rantt wrote:I’m not surprised it’s as hard as always….

Maybe since this drop is so close to the MLP one and close to also SDCC it wont be as popular and there will be a chance to grab packs. Although I was really surprised MLP sold out, BUT a lot of people are still holding on to packs and a lot are going for under retail now. HB seems way more popular though.

Why were you really surprised that mlp sold out?

I'll amend my statement to say that I am not surprised they sold out, but I think a lot of non MLP fans bought the packs thinking they would turn a huge profit like the other NFTs. To what someone says a few comments down, I think the MLP collectors could have given up seeing how hard and expensive it was to get a physical pop and gave up. I personally bought 2 premium packs off of AH and only got one Epic and a bunch of commons and I kinda have regrets LOL - I should have just bought all the cards individually on AH, might have saved me some $$
Hi, my name is Shady or as some would say Randi with an i

World of Warcraft Veteran & Feral Druid main

I have been collecting for about 8 years now - I attended my first Fundays in 2017!

Very first pop - Godzilla (Burning)

I currently collect:
*Anything that looks interesting!
*Maleficent* - would someday LOVE to own a Maleficent dragon proto!
Some Disney, Sonic, Godzilla & Freddys!

My personality matches my avatar :mal:

aprilyoufools

Postby aprilyoufools » Fri Jul 08, 2022 1:49 pm

Shadowfyre wrote:
digithor wrote:
Shadowfyre wrote:
Maybe since this drop is so close to the MLP one and close to also SDCC it wont be as popular and there will be a chance to grab packs. Although I was really surprised MLP sold out, BUT a lot of people are still holding on to packs and a lot are going for under retail now. HB seems way more popular though.

I'll amend my statement to say that I am not surprised they sold out, but I think a lot of non MLP fans bought the packs thinking they would turn a huge profit like the other NFTs. To what someone says a few comments down, I think the MLP collectors could have given up seeing how hard and expensive it was to get a physical pop and gave up. I personally bought 2 premium packs off of AH and only got one Epic and a bunch of commons and I kinda have regrets LOL - I should have just bought all the cards individually on AH, might have saved me some $$

Yeah, I get what you mean. I've had my share of some poo-poo packs before. It's all a luck of the draw. But sometimes it's nice to open pack and see what you get. And there's been times when the animated pack-opening sequences have been pretty cool, like with Transformers.
she/they • ARMY | MOA | Bunnies/Tokki | FEARNOT

Shadowfyre

Postby Shadowfyre » Fri Jul 08, 2022 3:03 pm

aprilyoufools wrote:
Shadowfyre wrote:
digithor wrote:

Yeah, I get what you mean. I've had my share of some poo-poo packs before. It's all a luck of the draw. But sometimes it's nice to open pack and see what you get. And there's been times when the animated pack-opening sequences have been pretty cool, like with Transformers.

I did enjoy opening the packs, they do a really good job with making it feel exciting that's for sure :)
Hi, my name is Shady or as some would say Randi with an i

World of Warcraft Veteran & Feral Druid main

I have been collecting for about 8 years now - I attended my first Fundays in 2017!

Very first pop - Godzilla (Burning)

I currently collect:
*Anything that looks interesting!
*Maleficent* - would someday LOVE to own a Maleficent dragon proto!
Some Disney, Sonic, Godzilla & Freddys!

My personality matches my avatar :mal:

hpellot

Postby hpellot » Fri Jul 08, 2022 7:23 pm

This is so my jam, this set is amazing IMO
ImageImageImage

Some people call me the orange hoodie

ISO funko Force creature from black lagoon chase Glow in the dark

digithor

Postby digithor » Sat Jul 09, 2022 1:45 am

Shadowfyre wrote:
digithor wrote:
Shadowfyre wrote:

You could be right, especially with a release like this one for just buying the cards off the AH. Least you can assure getting the cards you need.
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

kdmlvr

Postby kdmlvr » Sat Jul 09, 2022 9:10 pm

This is going to sell out fast IMO
Funko Pop Fan & Loungefly fan.

Dsho333

Postby Dsho333 » Sat Jul 09, 2022 9:28 pm

kdmlvr wrote:This is going to sell out fast IMO

Mlp was around 25 I think, so this should be a few minutes short of that because of the smaller amount of packs

0mie

Postby 0mie » Sat Jul 09, 2022 9:28 pm

There’s a lot of better HB characters that could have been made into redeemables, but that Space Ghost Freddy is going to be a hit!!!

My NFT collections zlyau.wam | wallet.dp | funatic.ftw
FUNKLUB MEMBER #1337

Thehueys

Postby Thehueys » Sun Jul 10, 2022 3:17 am

willy wonka wrote:
Thehueys wrote:I'm so excited for this. Maybe the most excited I've been for any release. So pumped to see a new huck!

Yeah me as well! Can't wait for this release.

I’m down to needing this one and 4 of the le24 pops and I should have every huck other than a few wobblers. Very excited to say the least!
Current collection count is over 5000 unique pieces.
FDO: 2023
Fundays: 2018,2019,2021,2022, 2023
Fright Night: 2022
ECCC: 2017,2018,2019,2021
SDCC: 2018, 2019,2022,2023,2024
NYCC: 2019,2022,2023
Wondercon: 2022,2023
C2E2: 2024
FunKon: 2021
Designer Con:2019,2021,2022,2023,2024

Always looking for missing Huckleberry Hound, Freddy Funko and Disney pieces that I’m missing :)

Rick_Morty46

Postby Rick_Morty46 » Sun Jul 10, 2022 6:05 am

I use to love the Jetsons so I will try for more packs and will be happy if I'm able to get 1.

Rick_Morty46

Postby Rick_Morty46 » Sun Jul 10, 2022 6:10 am

beckysaurus wrote:
Valde wrote:I like Astro and Huckleberry, could do without the rest of the redeemables. It is very very soon since the last one, presuming that means the next one won’t be until the end of August to get back into the pattern. Bi monthly drops would be a killer.

And this could be going on until eternity. Funko will only get better and better at it with time. And I am always intrigued by the "series 1" suffix. It makes me so curious when we'll see a series 2. Months? Years? It leaves the door open and it's very exciting.

It would be nice to have the physical pops coming in each month like when this all started I had something rash month but now with all the popularity there is alot of time lag in between. I'm currently waiting for star trek , nick ,then scooby, and finally MLP.

Rick_Morty46

Postby Rick_Morty46 » Sun Jul 10, 2022 6:15 am

L3g3nD33 wrote:
Imagery wrote:
digithor wrote:For the most part yeah, except for the batman. I believe that's the first appearance.

Yeah, and I'm sure there will be other future exceptions to the rule. But it is one of the more appealing elements of the royalty for me thus far and I hope they keep it up for the most part.

I enjoy getting new Freddys ongoing versus just during Fundays. Big fan of Freddy as Pops so I've been trying to get at least one of each NFT set.

Keeps getting harder to get them. I missed the last few and almost didn't get MLP. Luckily a opening came up 20 minutes after it had been sold out, not sure how it happened and even stranger was it was the premium packs.

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Sun Jul 10, 2022 11:34 am

I know buying Wax can be a pain, but if you are struggling to get packs on the initial drop I’d try and invest in some Wax. MLP packs were selling for $12 and $32 on the secondary market. I know that won’t always be the case, but if you keep an eye on the secondary market as the initial sale is going on you can normally score some good deals.
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

willy wonka
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby willy wonka » Sun Jul 10, 2022 2:23 pm

Thehueys wrote:
willy wonka wrote:
Thehueys wrote:I'm so excited for this. Maybe the most excited I've been for any release. So pumped to see a new huck!

I’m down to needing this one and 4 of the le24 pops and I should have every huck other than a few wobblers. Very excited to say the least!

Good luck. I know some of the older wobblers are really hard to get. Only seen a few who have every single one.
Just call me Joe...

ImageImage
ISO: Freddy Mad Hatter LE 1/24, Mad Hatter Protos,
SDCC 4 Pack Dorbz(Found thanks to another Funatic)

Beaniiman

Postby Beaniiman » Sun Jul 10, 2022 2:35 pm

This one could be exciting.
ßeaniiman :freddy3:

yamster8888

Postby yamster8888 » Sun Jul 10, 2022 3:45 pm

excited for the drop I wish there was a consistent cadence. it seems to oscillate between 2 and 4 weeks

kdmlvr

Postby kdmlvr » Sun Jul 10, 2022 7:47 pm

My husband loves this line.
Funko Pop Fan & Loungefly fan.

Imagery
Hall of Fame Class of 2022
Hall of Fame Class of 2022

Postby Imagery » Sun Jul 10, 2022 8:15 pm

Rick_Morty46 wrote:
L3g3nD33 wrote:
Imagery wrote:Yeah, and I'm sure there will be other future exceptions to the rule. But it is one of the more appealing elements of the royalty for me thus far and I hope they keep it up for the most part.

I enjoy getting new Freddys ongoing versus just during Fundays. Big fan of Freddy as Pops so I've been trying to get at least one of each NFT set.

Keeps getting harder to get them. I missed the last few and almost didn't get MLP. Luckily a opening came up 20 minutes after it had been sold out, not sure how it happened and even stranger was it was the premium packs.

That is weird. I got in just when the premium ones sold out. Put them in my cart, but it was too late.
Funklub member 2016000004714 a.k.a. Sarah
ISO: Ursula, 1/24 Freddy Mad Hatter; NBC Zero Mopeez; Despicable Me 3 Target exclusive PSHs; Freddy Flux Winky and Smiley; HT & Walmart exclusive Disney Villains MMs
Funko events attended: 2016 Fright Night; 2017 & 2018 FDO — Canada; Funkon 2021; Fundays Teams 2017 — Justice League, 2018 — Goonies, 2019 — Loko Moko, 2021 — Proto Punks, 2022 — Pop Protectors

mactds

Postby mactds » Sun Jul 10, 2022 11:05 pm

Really excited for Hanna Barbara NFTs, and agreed above on loving seeing all of these new Freddys with the NFT sets.
Hi, I'm Trevor
Current Pop Count: 310
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mactds/

Thehueys

Postby Thehueys » Mon Jul 11, 2022 12:32 am

willy wonka wrote:
Thehueys wrote:
willy wonka wrote:

Good luck. I know some of the older wobblers are really hard to get. Only seen a few who have every single one.

Thank you :) I have all of the chromes. Need a few of the Matte's and then the banks.
Current collection count is over 5000 unique pieces.
FDO: 2023
Fundays: 2018,2019,2021,2022, 2023
Fright Night: 2022
ECCC: 2017,2018,2019,2021
SDCC: 2018, 2019,2022,2023,2024
NYCC: 2019,2022,2023
Wondercon: 2022,2023
C2E2: 2024
FunKon: 2021
Designer Con:2019,2021,2022,2023,2024

Always looking for missing Huckleberry Hound, Freddy Funko and Disney pieces that I’m missing :)

FunkoFresh253

Postby FunkoFresh253 » Mon Jul 11, 2022 1:05 am

i like all the redeemables this set. might have to go for 2 space ghost freddys. just gotta decide if i wanna rip packs, or buy aftermarket. its alwasy funner to rip em open. anyway good luck yall, im thinking itll be another tough drop
Team Goonies! Team Pop Protectors! Team Lumberjacks!Image

digithor

Postby digithor » Mon Jul 11, 2022 1:38 am

Make that decision to rip or not after you open one pack. ;)
SDCC 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Fundays 2018, 2019, 2021, 2023
HQ Grand Opening, ECCC Night and meetup at HQ, Hollywood Grand Opening, World Premier Making fun
Horror fanatic, GiTD collector, Star Wars
ImageImageImageImage

willy wonka
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby willy wonka » Mon Jul 11, 2022 7:07 am

I think this will be a tough drop as well. I am hoping not since I really want that Huck.
Just call me Joe...

ImageImage

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Mon Jul 11, 2022 7:19 am

willy wonka wrote:I think this will be a tough drop as well. I am hoping not since I really want that Huck.

My guess is that it’ll be on par with the DC drop. I know some have been critical of the redemption merch but I just don’t see that stopping the hype train.

willy wonka
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby willy wonka » Mon Jul 11, 2022 9:07 am

mongoose12 wrote:
willy wonka wrote:I think this will be a tough drop as well. I am hoping not since I really want that Huck.

My guess is that it’ll be on par with the DC drop. I know some have been critical of the redemption merch but I just don’t see that stopping the hype train.

Yeah, MLP was popular as well as I didn't see that being as bad as it was.
Just call me Joe...

ImageImage

BatLita

Postby BatLita » Mon Jul 11, 2022 11:46 am

I really like this set- but I'm wondering why two Jetsons and not maybe someone else? There are a lot of other characters that can be chosen from.
FRIGHT NIGHT 2022
FUNDAYS 2022
SDCC 2022
NYCC 2022
NYCC 2019
ECCC 2019
NYCC 2018
NYCC 2017
NYCC 2016
NYCC 2015

BatLita

Postby BatLita » Mon Jul 11, 2022 12:05 pm

I really like this set- but I'm wondering why two Jetsons and not maybe someone else? There are a lot of other characters that can be chosen from.
FRIGHT NIGHT 2022
FUNDAYS 2022
SDCC 2022
NYCC 2022
NYCC 2019
ECCC 2019
NYCC 2018
NYCC 2017
NYCC 2016
NYCC 2015

Dsho333

Postby Dsho333 » Mon Jul 11, 2022 1:33 pm

BatLita wrote:I really like this set- but I'm wondering why two Jetsons and not maybe someone else? There are a lot of other characters that can be chosen from.

I'm thinking because this is a smaller set, is that they did all 3 Jetsons and in the next Hanna Barbara series they will do another show like Flintstones and those will be all the legendaries and then the next show will be the next series.

BatLita

Postby BatLita » Mon Jul 11, 2022 5:12 pm

Dsho333 wrote:
BatLita wrote:I really like this set- but I'm wondering why two Jetsons and not maybe someone else? There are a lot of other characters that can be chosen from.

I'm thinking because this is a smaller set, is that they did all 3 Jetsons and in the next Hanna Barbara series they will do another show like Flintstones and those will be all the legendaries and then the next show will be the next series.

Of that's interesting. That's a good thoguht.
FRIGHT NIGHT 2022
FUNDAYS 2022
SDCC 2022
NYCC 2022
NYCC 2019
ECCC 2019
NYCC 2018
NYCC 2017
NYCC 2016
NYCC 2015

mongoose12

Postby mongoose12 » Mon Jul 11, 2022 7:28 pm

Good luck tomorrow to everyone who is trying. Hope to see some Ws around here!

Justsonice25

Postby Justsonice25 » Mon Jul 11, 2022 7:46 pm

Yeah, we'll see how it goes. That freddy is awesome!

CoolNerd

Postby CoolNerd » Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:30 am

Good luck people!
Just a collector who loves Funko!!

Leechinyuan

Postby Leechinyuan » Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:37 am

The Freddy is very nice! Very tempting to collect this royalty set! Good luck everyone collecting this!

Pop count : 175
Yes i'm newbie :compress:

FunkoEmu

Postby FunkoEmu » Tue Jul 12, 2022 8:41 am

Godspeed to everyone trying for this set
ImageImage
SDCC: 2023, 2024
DragonCon: 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024
NYCC: 2018, 2019, 2021, 2022, 2023

renardchua
Collector Of The Year
Collector Of The Year

Postby renardchua » Tue Jul 12, 2022 9:49 am

Happy Drop Day, everyone! :)

May the odds in buying packs be in our favor.
Hi, I’m Renard. :freddy3:
Instagram: @renardchua

Zae05

Postby Zae05 » Tue Jul 12, 2022 12:46 pm

Gonna give these NFTs a try for the first time. Lets hope beginners luck is on my side lol
Hi, I'm Jose !
Instagram: Zaeo5

squidward

Postby squidward » Tue Jul 12, 2022 12:57 pm

Good luck to everyone going for Hannah Barbera packs today.
What are you most excited about - Huck Grail, Jetsons Legendaries, or Space Ghost Freddy?
Member of TUFF. Attended: Fundays 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, Virtual 2021, 2022. HQ Grand Opening. Hollywood Grand Opening. Making Fun Premiere. Funkon 1 & 2. Fright Night 1. Multiple SDCC, NYCC, ECCC, Fugitive Parties. Lover of Funko Artist Sketches.

Return to “NFT/Digital”