Funko has entered the world of Non-fungible tokens!
Oatmealman

Re: Avatar NFTs!

Postby Oatmealman » Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:28 pm

I ended up opening 8 premium and 8 standards and pulled:

2x painted lady
2x Kuruk
1 x Bolin
1 x Varrick

and around 90% toward royalty!

No Aang grail sadly but i'd be willing to trade all 4 legendaries and extra epics for the grail if anyone is interested!!
Matt
IG Oatmealman2287

obudu

Postby obudu » Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:44 pm

FINALLY DONE with ROYALTY set.

Oatmealman

Postby Oatmealman » Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:49 pm

obudu wrote:Image

Congrats! there are so many cards in this one
Matt
IG Oatmealman2287

obudu

Postby obudu » Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:53 pm

Oatmealman wrote:
obudu wrote:Image

Congrats! there are so many cards in this one

Thank you! Actually it's not bad. There are only 92 cards to complete Royalty set compared to 126 cards from DC Royalty set. I'm still trying to finish DC Royalty set.

lazcommalisa
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby lazcommalisa » Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:57 pm

I spent so much money on this drop and only got 1 redeemable and 70% royalty. That's the name of the game. I'm gonna try to buy the rest of the redeemables in the next few days but on a positive note, ended up with 9 duplicate epics
:freddy2:
~Lisa

IG: itallstartedwitha_pop
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Oatmealman

Postby Oatmealman » Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:05 pm

lazcommalisa wrote:I spent so much money on this drop and only got 1 redeemable and 70% royalty. That's the name of the game. I'm gonna try to buy the rest of the redeemables in the next few days but on a positive note, ended up with 9 duplicate epics

I’m always happy if I get get lots of epics, especially when I’m not getting redeemables! This was the most money I’ve spent since the tmnt drop!
Matt
IG Oatmealman2287

lazcommalisa
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby lazcommalisa » Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:08 pm

Oatmealman wrote:
lazcommalisa wrote:I spent so much money on this drop and only got 1 redeemable and 70% royalty. That's the name of the game. I'm gonna try to buy the rest of the redeemables in the next few days but on a positive note, ended up with 9 duplicate epics

I’m always happy if I get get lots of epics, especially when I’m not getting redeemables! This was the most money I’ve spent since the tmnt drop!

Gotta look at the positives since I've been super fortunate with other drops. The grail will sting to buy but it must be done lol Plus, I've started listing my duplicates on atomic hub already so I'll hopefully finish the royalty tonight and maybe have enough left over to get another legendary
~Lisa

bigant212

Postby bigant212 » Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:09 pm

2 epic and 1 varrick redeemable for me , not great not terrible. Wanted painted lady but I’ll take it

scullysdad

Postby scullysdad » Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:11 pm

My luck on these has totally turned. I pulled at least one redemption in every release from Iron Maiden to Nick Toons. For this set, I ended up buying 6 premiums and 6 standards and zero redemptions. Transformers started this downhill slide with bad luck, and it has not recovered since then. Unless one of them is Stranger Things, I am going to sit out the packs on the next three or four releases and just try to build royalty.
Please Funko make Taylor Swift Pops!

Most wanted non-Taylor Pops: Carson Teva, Naru from Prey, The Last of Us TV show

Oatmealman

Postby Oatmealman » Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:27 pm

scullysdad wrote:My luck on these has totally turned. I pulled at least one redemption in every release from Iron Maiden to Nick Toons. For this set, I ended up buying 6 premiums and 6 standards and zero redemptions. Transformers started this downhill slide with bad luck, and it has not recovered since then. Unless one of them is Stranger Things, I am going to sit out the packs on the next three or four releases and just try to build royalty.

That’s how it goes sometimes sadly.. I’m sure the next time you open packs you’ll hit multiple redeemables in one pack! I’ve still yet to accomplish that achievement lol
Matt
IG Oatmealman2287

Dewdis

Postby Dewdis » Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:37 pm

Got three legendaries in 1 pack!

OffTheCHENG

Postby OffTheCHENG » Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:58 pm

MAN! I should've bought two of of the premium bundles. I'm new to Funko NFT; what's the perks of completing a specific set?
Image ImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

gospeedracer

Postby gospeedracer » Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:16 pm

bluesnote wrote:I've never done NFTs before. Could anyone explain how to get started? These Avatar pops are a must for me, but just quite sure if its worth the gamble.

I'm sure others could tell you a lot more than I can because today is the 1st time I tried. I had to go to Droppp website and sign up for account. Than when you are signed in and they go on sale they say you are picked to be in certain order to be able to buy. Today it said I had more than a hour wait to buy. During that time you see the # of packs available counts down until they both say SORRY SOLD OUT! Easy enough just sold out before I got in. Hope this helps from a 1st timer :freddy3:

Oatmealman

Postby Oatmealman » Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:57 pm

OffTheCHENG wrote:MAN! I should've bought two of of the premium bundles. I'm new to Funko NFT; what's the perks of completing a specific set?

If you collect one of each other common, uncommon, rare, and epic cards you have completed a “royalty set” and that can be redeemed for the Freddy Aang. You can check your droppp account under collections and see which cards you are missing!

As for standard vs premium.. preference really! Some people swear by the standard and I’ve heard others say you have a slightly higher chance at hitting a 1of1 if you buy the premium.
Matt
IG Oatmealman2287

hailmary25

Postby hailmary25 » Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:23 pm

Is there any purpose for the coins/series?
Signed Pops:101
MM: 116
Pops :554
First Pop: Jax Teller
Most Recent: Signed DW Silence
Top Pop: Cobweb Bilbo

scullysdad

Postby scullysdad » Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:45 pm

hailmary25 wrote:Is there any purpose for the coins/series?

Just for collecting. Originally they needed one in each pack so that they could add the 1/1s as a bonus to some packs, but that is not the case now so they are just a another random NFT to collect.

Most wanted non-Taylor Pops: Carson Teva, Naru from Prey, The Last of Us TV show

lazcommalisa
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby lazcommalisa » Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:53 pm

My friend saw how my NFT luck was lacking so he gave me 3 Epics and a Legendary (its a duplicate). On my quest to get all the pops from this drop. Words cannot begin to express how grateful I am! I was able to secure another legendary so only need 2 now and the grail. I was able to complete the royalty too
~Lisa

OffTheCHENG

Postby OffTheCHENG » Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:06 am

Oatmealman wrote:
OffTheCHENG wrote:MAN! I should've bought two of of the premium bundles. I'm new to Funko NFT; what's the perks of completing a specific set?

If you collect one of each other common, uncommon, rare, and epic cards you have completed a “royalty set” and that can be redeemed for the Freddy Aang. You can check your droppp account under collections and see which cards you are missing!

As for standard vs premium.. preference really! Some people swear by the standard and I’ve heard others say you have a slightly higher chance at hitting a 1of1 if you buy the premium.

Thanks for the info! Funko NFT are definitely more affordable compared to the others that I have. I was contemplating about getting two but now I know for sure to grab multiples lol
Image ImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

Chingy

Postby Chingy » Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:09 am

Bought two premium packs. Aside from one epic, got shut out.

jambes
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby jambes » Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:38 am

Today was my first experience with NFTs. My spouse and I each got 2 premium packs and ended up with no legendaroes or epics. Bought 5 more premium and 1 regular and ended up with 2 Kuruks and each around 60% complete. I will likely end up buying the ones I am missing.

Going forward I don't think I will ever do NFTs again unless there is Sailor Moon. I am too much of a boomer to understand why it took so long for all the wallet transferring to take so long. Guess I would just prefer my money to go to an actual object and I didn't get the thrill of gambling like a slot machine lol

For those more experienced with Funko NFTs, do the prices get higher closer to redemption time? Is it best to complete the Loyalty set sooner than later? And in terms or redeemable, how is the market price on the physical item versus the wax prices?

Oatmealman

Postby Oatmealman » Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:58 am

jambes wrote:Today was my first experience with NFTs. My spouse and I each got 2 premium packs and ended up with no legendaroes or epics. Bought 5 more premium and 1 regular and ended up with 2 Kuruks and each around 60% complete. I will likely end up buying the ones I am missing.

Going forward I don't think I will ever do NFTs again unless there is Sailor Moon. I am too much of a boomer to understand why it took so long for all the wallet transferring to take so long. Guess I would just prefer my money to go to an actual object and I didn't get the thrill of gambling like a slot machine lol

For those more experienced with Funko NFTs, do the prices get higher closer to redemption time? Is it best to complete the Loyalty set sooner than later? And in terms or redeemable, how is the market price on the physical item versus the wax prices?

That’s kind of what I do with the sets! If it’s something I gotta have, I’ll open packs otherwise I’ll try to get some for retail and help others out.

In my experience most of the sets Funko has dropped have appreciated in value as the redemption date draws closer. I think it’s a combination of people trying to finish those royalty sets and the chance of pulling a grail from “just one more pack”. It’s a roller coaster ride but can get expensive quickly!

How did you go about buying your wax?
Matt
IG Oatmealman2287

Oatmealman

Postby Oatmealman » Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:59 am

lazcommalisa wrote:My friend saw how my NFT luck was lacking so he gave me 3 Epics and a Legendary (its a duplicate). On my quest to get all the pops from this drop. Words cannot begin to express how grateful I am! I was able to secure another legendary so only need 2 now and the grail. I was able to complete the royalty too

So cool!!! Which legendary did they give you?
Matt
IG Oatmealman2287

Geescube
HoF 2016 & CotM
HoF 2016 & CotM

Postby Geescube » Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:03 am

Whew a whole ONE epic from two premiums.

Yikes!!!

Gave away all my commons/uncommons/rares

Good luck to all working to complete this set!

jambes
Collector of the Month
Collector of the Month

Postby jambes » Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:13 am

Oatmealman wrote:
jambes wrote:Today was my first experience with NFTs. My spouse and I each got 2 premium packs and ended up with no legendaroes or epics. Bought 5 more premium and 1 regular and ended up with 2 Kuruks and each around 60% complete. I will likely end up buying the ones I am missing.

That’s kind of what I do with the sets! If it’s something I gotta have, I’ll open packs otherwise I’ll try to get some for retail and help others out.

In my experience most of the sets Funko has dropped have appreciated in value as the redemption date draws closer. I think it’s a combination of people trying to finish those royalty sets and the chance of pulling a grail from “just one more pack”. It’s a roller coaster ride but can get expensive quickly!

How did you go about buying your wax?

Bought BTC through coinbase, which turned into them having to verify my identity like 8 times lol. Tried Moonpay but my bank doesn't recognize them

Stat32111

Postby Stat32111 » Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:15 am

Purchased 4 premiums and got 2 legendaries, which I sold to build a royalty. So many packs this drop
Instagram- calebshiny

Stat32111

Postby Stat32111 » Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:17 am

Dewdis wrote:Got three legendaries in 1 pack!

That’s the best feeling! Congrats
Instagram- calebshiny

theraven00

Postby theraven00 » Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:15 am

Just completed the Royalty. Bought 5 Premium packs and got 2 Legendaries (both of Varrick). Luckily I had some Wax already to complete the set since I had to buy 6 epics, the Rare/Uncommon/Common weren't too bad on pricing.
Poppin'

theraven00

Postby theraven00 » Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:15 am

Stat32111 wrote:Purchased 4 premiums and got 2 legendaries, which I sold to build a royalty. So many packs this drop

Congrats! I'm waiting for them to do a Spider-Man set (or Marvel with Spider-Man included) to see how nervous you get.lol
Poppin'

bigant212

Postby bigant212 » Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:57 am

lazcommalisa wrote:My friend saw how my NFT luck was lacking so he gave me 3 Epics and a Legendary (its a duplicate). On my quest to get all the pops from this drop. Words cannot begin to express how grateful I am! I was able to secure another legendary so only need 2 now and the grail. I was able to complete the royalty too

That’s a good friend! Congrats on royalty

lazcommalisa
Rookie Of The year
Rookie Of The year

Postby lazcommalisa » Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:12 am

Oatmealman wrote:

So cool!!! Which legendary did they give you?

Double Kuruk!
~Lisa

jayyy714

Postby jayyy714 » Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:37 am

I haven’t opened mine yet… I struck out on the HB drop. I’m keeping positive this time still. I have been lucky on others. Can’t win them all! My gambling side knows that haha
Instagram @Keepitnerdy15
Pop Quiz Season 1 Contestant

I want Disney Errrything! The
Funko Fundays 2016 Team Deadpool, 2017 Team Rebel Alliance, 2018 Team Gremlins and 2022 Proto Robos Champs!
Making Fun premiere
ISO
Disney Parks Protos (Missing Br’er Fox and Br’er Rabbit for Splash Mountain set)
Haunted Mansion
Matterhorn
Pirates of the Caribbean
Nightmare before Christmas Protos
Freddy Jack Skellington!

scullysdad

Postby scullysdad » Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:53 am

Avatar royalty complete, on to the next set! I collect the ATLA Pops but I am not a completionist so I am going to skip the other redemptions and build my mana back up for the next set :)

CaseyJones14
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY
HOF 2022 & CotM & CotY

Postby CaseyJones14 » Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:43 am

Woohoo finished Royalty this morning! :cheers:
Brett - caseyj0nes14 on Instagram
ISO - Dorbz and McNugget Protos!

mmcvey

Postby mmcvey » Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:52 am

If I wanted to work on trading duplicates towards completing my royalty set, is the trading thread on here good or is there a more dedicated thread somewhere for Funko NFT trades?

newhousebailey

Postby newhousebailey » Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:07 am

Got super lucky and pulled a grail from a premium pack and was able to trade/sell extra epics to complete the Royalty set! I cannot wait to see these in person!
Hello. My name is Mike and I am currently most excited about the Gravity Falls line.

ImageImage

theraven00

Postby theraven00 » Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:30 am

newhousebailey wrote:Got super lucky and pulled a grail from a premium pack and was able to trade/sell extra epics to complete the Royalty set! I cannot wait to see these in person!

Congrats on the Grail and completing Royalty!
Poppin'

Imagery
Hall of Fame Class of 2022
Hall of Fame Class of 2022

Postby Imagery » Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:55 am

Bought quite a few packs and ended up with close to a Royalty, but still missing Varrick and the Grail.
Funklub member 2016000004714 a.k.a. Sarah
ISO: Ursula, 1/24 Freddy Mad Hatter; NBC Zero Mopeez; Despicable Me 3 Target exclusive PSHs; Freddy Flux Winky and Smiley; HT & Walmart exclusive Disney Villains MMs
Funko events attended: 2016 Fright Night; 2017 & 2018 FDO — Canada; Funkon 2021; Fundays Teams 2017 — Justice League, 2018 — Goonies, 2019 — Loko Moko, 2021 — Proto Punks, 2022 — Pop Protectors

Valde
HOF 2022 & CotM
HOF 2022 & CotM

Postby Valde » Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:19 pm

mmcvey wrote:If I wanted to work on trading duplicates towards completing my royalty set, is the trading thread on here good or is there a more dedicated thread somewhere for Funko NFT trades?

The best place would be the the official Droppp Discord server. Lots of people there. https://discord.gg/droppp
Grail: Super Freddy
Jason - va1de on Instagram
ImageImageImage

jagpop

Postby jagpop » Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:23 pm

I bought a few packs and will have a rip party this weekend with a cold beer.

I am not in danger, I am the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks!

Revenant-wayfarer

Postby Revenant-wayfarer » Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:07 pm

I bought 6 standards and 1 premium and pulled 3 epics lol. This drop was one of unluckiest drop. I’m just selling all my cards. I was gonna trade any redeemable cards anyway. Hopefully the next drop is amazing.
ImageImage

Return to “NFT/Digital”